Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

That last move Clair made was from Divine's and Lua's duel.

Anyhoo great duel.

Yeah it was intentional. The fact that Clair choose to use Astral Plane only against her father is similar to how Yusei planned to use Stardust only for Jack's duel.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Ch 76-Dario of the Revolution]

Inside the research labs of Arcadius Citadel, Oblivia was tolling away inside on something. She was not in her usual lab coat, but had a lavender overcoat over her dress. The overcoat in question had 2 gauntlets with the left one being similar to a Duel Disk, only with several buttons on it instead. Her eyes were also covered with a visor. As she pressed a button on a cone-shaped machine, it caused several volts of electricity sparking off wildly & entering into a blank card placed on a dais sealed off by a glass dome. Suddenly, Dario came walking inside, much to Oblivia’s surprise & chagrin.

“Dario!” exclaimed Oblivia as she shut down the entire system & pulled out her visor, “I am working here! You shouldn’t come here now!”

“Just stopped by here to thank you for these cards,” said Dario as he showed her his deck, “I shall beat them with these cards!”

“Don’t mention it, all I did was just send your monsters up a notch in the hierarchy of Duel Monsters,” said Oblivia, “since this is your first time in my humble laboratory, you would be curious at my work.”

“So…what are you doing right now?” asked Dario.

“Oh this,” responded Oblivia, “this is the very device I would use to create cards. Combining my own powers with high levels of energy, I could create nearly any card! Now, I plan to make one for myself, which is a first time for me.”

“So what will it be?” asked Dario, “perhaps one of the 3 Sacred Beasts…I’ve seen Blake using it.”

“Hmm…it is true that I remade those 3 cards, but I only gave one while I kept the other 2 sealed away,” said Oblivia, “but what I am about to create is a card like none other…now leave for your target is getting suspicious of the truth.”

With that, Dario left the room & Oblivia adjusted her visor as she continued her work. Her fingers typed away in her Duel Disk-like panel as the electricity coursed through the blank card. Slowly, veins were moving within that card…and the border slowly grew darker…until it was shaded black.

“And soon a darkness unlike any other shalt descend upon us all & engulf us in its power…” uttered Oblivia as she continued her work.

As the team of Penny, Curtis & Miora were walking through the still-misty room, they were at a loss on where they were heading.

“I think we are going around in circles,” claimed Miora, “it was as though He don’t want us to get out of here.”

“Come on, you are just getting paranoid,” scoffed Curtis, “all we need to do is just find an exit & there ought to be someone waiting there to duel us.”

“And how right you could be!” proclaimed a voice as the mist cleared away to reveal that they were inside a room chamber similar to the previous one they went, with a youngster Dario there with them.

“What!? It’s you again!” exclaimed Curtis, “we still have a score to settle with you! There’s no way I will lose to you twice!”

“Well, I beg to differ since I did went to the Special Cup & personally fought against Clair, that same girl whom you once lost to,” said Dario, “and if you forgotten my name by any chance, my name is Dario Vertz, a young apprentice to the Holy Empire of Arcadius.”

“Well, you lost to her & I have been improving myself since that defeat, so let’s duel!” said Curtis as he activated his Duel Disk.

“But you need to know that he has a Revolution Deck & be careful of his Ace monster, the Dark Oppression Lord…” warned Miora, “…he could negate…”

“Ah, too bad that advice will be null & void as I got a brand new set of cards & they surpass my old monsters by leaps & bounds,” said Dario as he also readied himself for the duel.

[align=center]

Dario (LP: 4000) Curtis (LP: 4000)[/align]

“The first move belongs to me, boy,” said Curtis as he drew his card, “and I summon the Destiny Hero-Diamond Dude in Attack Mode!” (1400/1400)

The caped man in diamond shards all over his body appeared onto the field.

“And now, I get to see if my top card is a Normal Spell Card,” said Curtis as he revealed his top card as Destiny Hero-Doom Lord, “…and it is not! So it goes to the bottom of my deck. But I place 1 face-down & end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Dario, “and I summon the monster known as Tyranny’s Victims!” (400/2000)

As Dario set the card onto his Disk, a small group of peasants who held farming tools appeared onto the field. They looked very disgruntled as they saw Diamond Dude.

“Boy, they sure get mad somehow,” claimed Penny.

“Being a Level 1 monster, they are technically at the lowest possible category of monsters & mad at every other monster who has a higher Level,” claimed Dario, “Tyranny’s Victims, cast your rage upon his Diamond Dude with Unsuppressed Wrath!”

“But Diamond Dude’s stronger!” exclaimed Miora.

“Attack strength is not everything & they will show you why soon,” said Dario.

Suddenly, the group of peasants became mad & madly charged towards Diamond Dude with their farming tools. Diamond Dude then rushed towards for a counterattack, but the peasants’ rage overwhelmed him as he was crushed by the angry mob. (400/2000~1900/2000)

[align=center]

Dario (LP: 4000) Curtis (LP: 3500)[/align]

“But how did…did their attack get so high…” Curtis wondered as he was shocked at what happened.

“Like I said, they are always mad towards other higher-leveled monster & their effect represents that,” explained Dario, “when they do battle with a monster that is in Attack Mode & has a higher Level, it can increase its own Attack by the difference in Levels.”

“So that means you need abnormally strong monsters to combat it & hope to win,” said Penny.

“Hmph…would be great if I got Doom Lord now, but of course I still have that…” thought Curtis as he saw his face-down card.

“But by destroying my Destiny Hero, you had allowed me to play the Trap Card called Destiny Signal,” said Curtis as a light shone over to a nearby wall with a D-shaped shadow, “now I can summon a Destiny Hero to the field & I summon the Destiny Hero-Doom Lord!” (600/800)

Suddenly, the caped black hero with 2 large claws appeared.

“Yeah, his effect will take those grumpy people down a notch,” claimed Miora.

“I place 1 face-down card & end my turn,” said Dario.

“I draw,” said Curtis, “and now I use the effect of my Doom Lord to depose of your monster by sending straight to the future,” said Curtis, “Go, Impending Doom Grip!”

Doom Lord then jumped up in front of the Tyranny’s Victims & grabbed them with his claws, causing them to vanish without a trace.

“Since I had used Doom Lord’s effect, I can’t attack with him. So I will just have to Release him,” said Curtis as he slid Doom Lord’s card into his graveyard zone, “by Releasing 1 Warrior monster on my side of the field, I can Special Summon…the Turret Warrior in Attack Mode!” (1200/2000)

Doom Lord dissolved into a portal of light & a bulky warrior seemingly made out of castle bricks with both his shoulders having cannons on them. “Since he was Summoned by Releasing a Warrior monster, he gains Attack equal to that monster’s,” said Curtis, (1200/2000~1800/2000) “and since I haven’t Normal Summoned anyone yet, I Summon the Destiny Hero-Dunker in Attack Mode.”

With that, a man in dreadlocks appeared onto the field. (1200/1700)

“Now, Turret Warrior will attack you directly. Turret Cannon Fire!” commanded Curtis as the 2 cannons then moved to aim towards Dario.

“I activate Half or Stop,” said Dario as the card opened, “now, I give 2 options. Either you give up half the attack of your Turret Warrior or you surrender your entire Battle Phase!”

“Naturally, I choose the first one of course!” declared Curtis. (1800/2000~900/2000, 1200/1700~600/1700)

The 2 cannons of Turret Warrior fired a barrage of bullets at Dario to damage him.

Dario (LP: 3100) Curtis (LP: 3500)

Dario (LP: 3100) Curtis (LP: 3500)

“Following up with my Dunker who is gonna make it through with an air ball!” exclaimed Curtis as Dunker formed an energy orb to hit Dario directly.

[align=center]

Dario (LP: 2500) Curtis (LP: 3500)[/align]

“Arg…I just need a face-down set & I’m done for now,” said Curtis. (900/2000~1800/2000, 600/1700~1200/1700)

“It’s my turn,” said Dario, “and now, I play Thunder Crash! This special Spell Card allows me to take any Thunder-Type monster in my deck & add it to my hand.”

Suddenly, a card slid out of his deck & Dario quickly took it to his hand.

“But I couldn’t summon that monster this turn,” said Dario, “but I could summon someone else, I give you…The Fleeing Citizens!” (600/600)

Suddenly, another group of fearful-looking people appeared on the field.

“Attack that Turret Warrior with Fearful Rampage!” declared Dario as the Fleeing Citizens ran their way towards Turret Warrior.

“He’s crazy!” exclaimed Miora, “Attacking a stronger monster again!”

“Unless this one also has a special ability to overcome Turret Warrior,” said Penny.

“Correct! When the Fleeing Citizens attack a monster of a higher Level, that monster is immediately destroyed without Damage Calculation & you take damage equal to its Attack!” revealed Dario as the Fleeing Citizens waved torches at Turret Warrior & consumed him in flames. The resulting fire then caused a backdraft & burnt into Curtis himself.

[align=center]

Dario (LP: 2500) Curtis (LP: 1700)[/align]

“I set 1 more face-down card & I end my turn,” said Dario, “so what do think of my Neo Revolution Deck so far?”

“Nothing much, only that it is not as impressive as I originally expected,” said Curtis as he drew, “and my Warriors will put a stop to your revolt! Firstly, I activate my Dunker’s effect & discard a Destiny Hero like my Disk Commander to inflict 500 points of damage to you.

Curtis discarded his Disk Commander from his hand & Dunker threw another glob of energy towards Dario for more damage.

Dario (LP: 2000) Curtis (LP: 1700)

Dario (LP: 2000) Curtis (LP: 1700)

“Next off, I play Doctor D & by removing 1 Destiny Hero monster in my graveyard from play, I can Summon another Destiny Hero to the field,” explained Curtis, “so I use the essence of my Doom Lord to revive the Disk Commander!” (300/300)

With that, the blue-suited fighter with disk blades all over his body appeared & knelt in defense.

“Whenever he is Special Summoned from my Graveyard, I can draw 2 cards,” continued Curtis as he drew 2 cards, “and…yes! I Summon Destiny Hero-Fear Monger in Attack Mode!” (1000/1000)

A black-armored semi-mechanical warrior appeared on the field.

“And now, I Release all 3 of them to Special Summon my Ace, the Destiny Hero-Dogma!” declared Curtis as the 3 monsters melded into a sphere of light & the large humanoid with a blade on his right arm appeared, (3400/2400) “Attack those Citizens with Dogma Dagger Dash!”

“Oh no you don’t, I activate Waboku to negate my monster’s destruction & the damage to follow,” said Dario as he was covered by an unseen shield against the attack.

“And now, I set 1 face-down card & end my turn now,” said Curtis.

“Hey, don’t you think this is kinda like his old strategy?” wondered Penny, “I mean…look at what’s happening…Tyranny’s Victims will return to the field soon & he will most likely summon that Thunder-Type monster & I think we both know what happens next…”

“Yah, but he has no more face-down cards left…so we will just see for ourselves,” said Miora as Dario began to draw a card & Dogma swiped his blade to hit Dario.

Dario (LP: 1000) Curtis (LP: 1700)

Dario (LP: 1000) Curtis (LP: 1700)

“Did I forget to mention that my Dogma hits you for half your Life Points during your Standby Phase,” said Curtis.

“It doesn’t matter now since it has been 2 turns since you used Doom Lord’s effect on my monster, I bet it returns to my side now,” said Dario as Tyranny’s Victims reappeared again & looked strangely mad, (400/2000) “and I bring you the very monster that I added to my hand previously…I summon the Secret Rebel Forces!” (1000/400)

A third group of people appeared onto the field, this one being seedy & secretive.

“Now that he is finally on the field with both Tyranny’s Victims & Fleeing Citizens on the field, my ultimate plan can be engaged,” said Dario, “I will now invoke the second effect of my Secret Rebel Forces. I can send all 3 of them to the Graveyard in order to destroy every monster on the field & inflict damage equal to their combined Attacks.”

“And if that effect pulls through…” hollered Penny.

“Curtis will lose & who knows what will happen by then?” Miora butted in.

“Bye-bye, my Secret Rebel Forces & hello to my victory of the revolution,” declared Dario.

With that, Secret Rebel Forces transformed into a beam of white light, the Fleeing Citizens transformed into another stream of red light & the Tyranny’s Victims became a stream of blue light. Suddenly, all 3 lights merged together & hit Dogma to destroy him.

“Ha-ha-ha! I win again!” proclaimed Dario.

“Not when I am still standing,” said Curtis, “I still have cards left to play & I activate that card right now. Go…D-Flect!”

The card opened up, showing Destiny Hero-Captain Tenacious holding his shields to protect a man in a white suit.

“D-Flect activates only when I am about to take Effect Damage from your cards & when a Destiny Hero has been destroyed this turn,” explained Curtis, “now, you will take all the Damage I am about to take.”

“But that means…” exclaimed Dario.

“So he did win in the end,” said Penny, “I thought so.”

As the collision of lights directed towards Curtis, the phantom form of Dogma appeared in front of them & it closed its wings to act as a shield against the blast & sent it back at Dario himself.

Dario (LP: 0) Curtis (LP: 1700)

Dario (LP: 0) Curtis (LP: 1700)

“And the Redcoats have won the war, take that Yankees,” joked Curtis, “I always did hate that team.”

However, Dario simply vanished in a beam of light.

“Hmm, weird…” wondered Miora.

“Enough of your North American puns,” said Penny, “look at that door there.”

As they all looked at the opening with the No. 6 on it, a deep blue dragon-demon suddenly appeared, ready to attack the group.

“That’s Id the Super Demonic Lord!” warned Miora.

“Don’t worry, I got it covered,” said Penny as she placed a card on her Disk, “Celestia, go & deal with that demon!”

Celestia appeared in a bright angelic light & it consumed Id. However, as the light vanished, Id reappeared again & roared even louder than before.

“What?! It just came back after I slaughtered him!” exclaimed Penny.

“If we can’t defeat it, then we will have to settle for this!” said Miora as she slid in a card & Id was trapped inside a spell circle, “now let’s go!”

Quickly, both Curtis & Miora took off towards the opening. Miora was about to go herself, but something just came up.

“I need to check this out…I am almost certain of it…just need prove for it,” thought Miora.

She then threw the Spellbinding Circle card onto the floor & followed the other 2 towards the opening as mist covered the area again.

“There…and if I’m right about this, then we will see that card again too,” thought Miora.

NASU (North American Super-Union) Emergency Camp, Oregon State, NASU

The Emergency Camps were first built in 2057 CE under the commission of the President of the USA, the processor states of the current NASU & NAC (North American Confederacy). They were constructed in all states & regions under former administration of the USA for emergency purposes such warfare or natural disasters. Currently, the NAC Emergency Camps are all strictly designed for the Caucasian population as a privilege & the NASU Emergency Camps are still used by the direct successor state of the former USA.

The Emergency Camp, like all others in design, was an underground area with only 1 entrance from the surface, which was meant for vehicles. As another van arrived inside the Emergency Camp & its occupants left the van to take up rooms. Among them were the Dales couple, Manny, Candice, Asuka, Timothy, Mao & Jane, who was unconscious & was being carried by Mr. Dales.

“Wow…this is the first time I’ve been to this sort of facility…maybe you can get a parole for me so that I can see the outside world,” said Mao.

“Maybe I would…I also want to leave the Confederacy too,” said Timothy, “I could get a promising job here too.”

“But this girl…she just appeared in the van all of the sudden,” said Mr. Dales as he looked at Jane.

“Guess someone sent her back here,” said Asuka, “but who could…”

“Hey! I found someone down here!” a guard called out.

Suddenly, Mao grew shocked & rushed towards the guard at once.

“He must’ve heard something interesting again,” said Timothy as he began to pursue Mao.

Reaching towards the guard’s position, which was near a small pit, they found Dario lying over there & he was unconscious.

Also, back in Oblivia’s laboratory, she was nearly finishing the card she was creating. Within a few more seconds, the electricity stopped surging as the card was finished at last. Oblivia made a sinister smile as she walked towards the glass dome, which was opening up.

“Finally…and just in time for me to deal with those meddling kids too,” said Oblivia as her hand reached out for the card.

However, the card emitted pulses of darkness that materialized into a pseudo hand with a few blue marks & it grabbed onto Oblivia’s arm. The grip was apparently hurting her as she was screaming in response painfully.

“What…what is this…” yelled Oblivia, “such power!”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Secret Rebel Forces

WIND/Thunder-Effect/LV 3/ATK 1000/DEF 600

You can send 1 each of "Tyranny's Victims", and "Fleeing Ciizens" and this card to the Graveyard to destroy all monsters on the opponent's side of the field & inflict Damage equal to the combined Attacks of the destroyed monster(s).

Dario: And the Card of the Day is…the Secret Rebel Forces! It is more or less a modification of the United Resistance, only with an actual effect on its own. By sending itself & 2 other specific monsters to the graveyard, I can destroy all of the opponent’s monsters & deal damage towards him.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marco: Hey, it’s that cold-hearted woman who serves as a scientist in Arcadius, Oblivia! But what’s with the mark on her arm?

Oblivia: In order to preserve the will of my liege, I shall brand myself with the marks of the Wicked Gods who slumber deep within the very Earth itself! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 77-Swoop Down, Darkness!

Ally: Hmm…a great force of darkness hath descended upon this world…a force of darkness unlike any other…

[spoiler=Ch 77-Swoop Down, Darkness]

Research Lab, Arcadius Citadel

“Ohhh…my…what happened…” wondered Oblivia as she rubbed her head shortly after regaining her consciousness & found herself lying down in her labs, “the last thing I recalled was…uh…I touched that card…and…Ahh!”

She suddenly felt a sharp piercing pain in her right arm & quickly gripped onto it. To her shock, she could feel something there. Thus, she went towards a full body mirror to check herself out. As she let go of her right arm, she was shocked to see that a tattoo-like mark was branded over her flesh there, burning the blue suit over it. The tattoo was blue in colour & looked vaguely similar to a hand from her upper arm & ending at her neck. Also, her eyes let out a slight blue glow-something that never happened before.

“What…what is this mark?” wondered Oblivia, “could it be…that card?”

Just then, she noticed that her right side pocket was glowing & she reached out to find a deck of cards, which she then gazed & scanned at for a while before stopping at a certain card.

“This is the deck I had designed that card for &…it is right in here!” said Oblivia, “I don’t have much time left, so better take off now.”

With that, she took off her coat & replaced her outfit with a waist-long black vest with a Duel Disk on hand before she left the place.

Anonymous Skyscraper, Oregeorgia, Oregon State

“What!” exclaimed the Ally in pure shock, “It couldn’t be!”

“What is wrong, my Lord?” asked Lullaby.

“Can you not feel it?” said the Ally, “The Mark of Ccpac Apu, the Earthbound Inca God of the Mountains has been branded upon the flesh of a Psychic.”

“Ccpac Apu? As in the Earthbound God monster that Yusei once put out,” said Lullaby.

“Yes, I fear for the worst that could happen now…” said the Ally as he stared at Arcadius Citadel.

Unknown Location, Arcadius Citadel

The group of Marco, Matt, Fuyuki & Gethin was all walking around another mist-covered room, all being guided by the powers of Fuyuki.

“Huh…what…it doesn’t make any sense!” exclaimed Fuyuki.

“Huh? What’s the matter?” asked Gethin.

“Uh…nothing at first, but this room…it is so similar like the previous one,” claimed Fuyuki.

“All the rooms look alike to me, so no biggie,” said Matt, “just guide us towards the next Psychic you can see…other than him.”

“Ok then,” said Fuyuki as he scanned the area, “I can see someone & there is a dark aura around her somehow.”

“Oh, now that you mentioned it, I can feel that too,” said Gethin as he clutched onto his chest in pain, along with Fuyuki.

“Hey, are you two alright?” asked Marco.

“It doesn’t matter now…” said Fuyuki as he struggled through the pain, “…she’s…she’s com…coming towards us.”

Suddenly, the mists cleared away to reveal Oblivia with her vest & Duel Disk.

“Oh, it’s you, the woman who planned the whole scheme to kidnap Venus!” snapped Marco.

“Hope I didn’t hurt your little girlfriend, but I also know you gotta to keep your temper,” said Oblivia.

“But what’s with that mark on your arm?” asked Marco.

“That thing…I also don’t know, but there is a strange power flowing within my very being now,” said Oblivia.

“Marco…” Fuyuki said weakly, “…that mark…it is causing the strange energy in the air…”

“For the sake of them, I guess I have to duel you now,” said Marco as he activated his own Duel Disk.

“Now, that’s the spirit,” said Oblivia as she also activated her Duel Disk as well, “The perfect attitude to take before I leave you to rot & despair in eternal darkness…”

Oblivia (LP: 4000) Marco (LP: 4000)

Oblivia (LP: 4000) Marco (LP: 4000)

“I get the first move! I draw!” declared Oblivia as she drew her card, “and I summon the Dark Hunter in Attack Mode!” (1600/400~1200/400)

Suddenly, a deep green bird-beaked man with a black cloak appeared. He carried a dagger in his arm.

“Why did his Attack go down?” wondered Matt.

“Because his effect is dependent on another factor, which is not present for now, so his Attack is decreased,” revealed Oblivia, “so I set a face-down & play this card, Card Trader.”

A face-down card appeared, along with a Spell Card showing a shady-looking man holding a deck of cards.

“Since I can only use its effect on my Standby Phase, I end my turn now,” said Oblivia.

“I draw now,” said Marco, “and I Special Summon the Cyber Dragon in Attack Mode!” (2100/1600)

Suddenly, a mechanical serpentine dragon appeared onto the field.

“Also, I summon the Cyber Phoenix in Attack Mode,” said Marco as a mechanical phoenix appeared & flapped its metallic wings, (1200/1600) “and now, I attack your Dark Hunter with my Cyber Dragon’s Strident Blast!”

“I activate the Trap Card, Dark Mist!” declared Oblivia, “by sending DARK Monsters whose total Levels equal to that of your Cyber Dragon, I can negate the attack. So, I send the Level 2 Giant Germ & the Level 3 Spirit Reaper to negate your Cyber Dragon’s attack!”

As Cyber Dragon fired out a stream of blue energy at Dark Hunter, a dark mist covered the targeting area while Oblivia discarded those 2 cards. When the mist cleared away, it was evident that the attack missed its target.

“But I still have my Cyber Phoenix & I shall launch him on a suicide attack,” said Marco.

“Ho-ho, that’s what you think…and what I expect you to fall for,” said Oblivia.

Cyber Phoenix flew towards Dark Hunter, while Dark Hunter would naturally counter the strike with its dagger. However, only the Cyber Phoenix was destroyed in the battle. (1200/400~2000/400)

Oblivia (LP: 4000) Marco (LP: 3200)

Oblivia (LP: 4000) Marco (LP: 3200)

“What! Its Attack just shot up like that!” exclaimed Matt.

“That factor I spoke of earlier is actually the number of DARK Monsters in my Graveyard,” said Oblivia, “if there is only 1 or none of them, its Attack is lowered by 400. But likewise, if there were 2, 3 or even 4 DARK Monsters there, its Attack becomes 400 points higher.”

“Well, I’m in for something,” said Marco, “By effect of Cyber Phoenix, I can draw 1 card. Now, I set a card face-down & end my turn.”

“My turn,” said Oblivia as she drew, “and now that we enter my Standby Phase; I can utilize Card Trader’s effect. Once per turn, I can take a card in my hand & shuffle it back to my deck & then draw a new card to replace it.”

Oblivia then took a Trap Card in her hand & placed it on top of her Deck. Then, the Duel Disk did an automatic shuffle & stopped, leaving Oblivia to draw a new card.

“By sending the Level 6 Archfiend of Gilfer to the Graveyard via a discard, I am allowed to Summon Dark Grepher in Attack Mode!” said Oblivia as she discarded a card & a grey-skinned warrior with black clothing & glowing red demonic eyes appeared, (1700/1600) “since I had sent Gilfer to the Graveyard, its effect activates & will curse your Cyber Dragon.”

Suddenly, the Archfiend of Gilfer appeared & quickly grabbed onto it. (2100/1600~1600/1600)

“And now, my Dark Grepher shall attack your Cyber Dragon!” said Oblivia.

“I activate Attack Reflector Unit right now so that I can Release my Cyber Dragon for the Cyber Barrier Dragon!” declared Marco. (800/2800)

While Dark Grepher charged in for an attack, Cyber Dragon glowed & transformed into a bulkier version of itself that curled around itself. When its target was gone, Dark Grepher simply stopped his attack.

“Since that Dragon is in Defense Mode, I guess she will end the Battle Phase now,” claimed Matt.

“Damn it, your Dragon’s Defense is simply too high for me,” said Oblivia, “but this is not over yet. End turn.”

“I draw,” said Matt, “and I start off by moving my Cyber Barrier Dragon to Attack Mode.”

As such, the Cyber Barrier Dragon moved up & let out a screech.

“So, what are you planning?” questioned Oblivia, “you do know that your monster can’t touch mine.”

“But it can just as soon as I activate this card,” said Marco as he slid in a card & Cyber Barrier Dragon’s Attack changed. (800/2800~2800/800)

“What!? But how did it even change?” exclaimed Oblivia.

“Thanks to the Equip Spell Card Shield Attack, which can swap the Attack & Defense of the equipped monster,” explained Marco, “Cyber Barrier Dragon, attack Dark Grepher with Sonic Shriek!”

Cyber Barrier Dragon let out an ear-piercing shriek from its mouth that utterly destroyed Dark Grepher in one shot.

Oblivia (LP: 2900) Marco (LP: 3200)

Oblivia (LP: 2900) Marco (LP: 3200)

“So how’s that for a shot,” said Marco, “I end my turn anyway.”

“My turn again, I draw,” said Oblivia as she looked into her hand, “…and I think I will not trade in a card this time, so I shift my Dark Hunter to Defense Mode & end my turn as that.”

With that, Dark Hunter instantly knelt down & covered its body in his cloak.

“Starting to give up, aren’t you?” wondered Marco as he drew, “I summon the Union Monster, Heavy Mech Support Unit & unite it with Cyber Barrier!” (500/500)

Suddenly, a fighter plane-like machine appeared & attached itself to the head of Cyber Barrier Dragon. The 2 blasters at its front covered the 2 sides of its mouth as the rest of the machine incorporated into the defense trim of the monster. (2800/800~3300/1300)

“Behold…the Heavy Mech Cyber Barrier Dragon!” declared Marco, “and now, experience its power first-hand! But first, I play Enemy Controller & will now put your Dark Hunter into a more favorable Position…like the Attack Position.”

The giant Game Boy control console appeared & sent a wire towards Dark Hunter, forcing him to stand up.

“Attack the Dark Hunter with Sonic Shriek!” commanded Marco as the modified Cyber Barrier Dragon unleashed a sonic blast to destroy Dark Hunter.

[align=center]

Oblivia (LP: 1600) Marco (LP: 3200)[/align]

“That’s it! You’ve reduced her Life Points down to less than half!” cheered Matt, “She ain’t so tough! Just keep it up & you are home free!”

“Now, I end my turn,” said Marco, “also, I would like to tell you something about this combo I have set up now. Cyber Barrier Dragon has the ability to negate an attack once per turn while in Attack Mode. However, it has an extremely low Attack score, which I have solved by using Shield Attack to swap the 2 stats. Its defensive capabilities are also heightened due to Heavy Mech Support Unit, whose effect can shield it from any sort of destruction.”

“Enough of your pathetic speech, I draw now!” snapped Oblivia, “and I trade in 1 card for another one by Card Trader’s effect.”

As such, Oblivia placed 1 card in her hand back to her Deck as it shuffled itself again before she drew another one out.

“Time to actually get serious about this, I activate the almighty Field Spell Card simply known to all as…Darkness,” said Oblivia as she set the card on her Field Spell Zone & everyone was covered by a dark dome with the phantom of a humanoid skeleton wearing a long cloak appearing behind her. The Card Trader Spell Card suddenly shattered in pieces & 5 face-down cards covered her side of the field.

“What just happened?” inquired Matt.

“When I play this card, all my Spell & Trap Cards are to be destroyed & I can set 5 unique Trap Cards onto the field,” explained Oblivia as her expression had gone blank, “all these 5 cards set on the field now represent all of existence itself…”

“And that phantom behind you…it’s…it’s the demon Nightshroud!” exclaimed Marco.

“Yes indeed, but moving on with our duel,” said Oblivia, “I summon Darkness Eye in Attack Mode.” (0/1000)

From the bottomless darkness, an eyeball with nerves stretching appeared. The center of the main eyeball opened up to reveal a second vertical eye within.

“A 0-Attack monster…in Attack Mode…you gotta be an idiot here!” cried Matt, “Are you wanting to lose this match that your leader worked so hard for?”

“End turn,” Oblivia concluded, ignoring whatever Matt had to comment about her actions, “and now, during every End Phase, all cards in my Spell/Trap Card Zone will be shuffled & will be randomly displaced on the field.”

All 5 face-down cards sank into the dark abyss & reappeared in a second.

“My turn then,” declared Marco as he drew his card, but Oblivia stopped him.

“Wait, I activate the second face-down card on my right!” proclaimed Oblivia as the Trap Card depicting a small glow amidst a dark void, “Zero, the state of nothingness where everything began. Its effect allows me to activate another face-down card on my side of the field and I choose…the one on my far left! Activate, Infinity!”

The leftmost face-down card flipped open, depicting the Milky Way Galaxy in space.

“With both Zero & Infinity activated, I am now allowed to activate all the cards in between them. Arise, the cards of Darkness!” declared Oblivia as the 2 cards in between them all opened up at once.

“Ok…so what do they do?” wondered Marco.

“After playing Zero & Infinity, I can only activate the effect of 1 Card of Darkness,” revealed Oblivia, “These 2 particular cards are called Darkness 1 & 2, and I use the effect of Darkness 1 to destroy a card that you control.”

“Ha! I already told you that my Heavy Mech Support Unit can prevent its destruction!” claimed Marco.

“For every Card of Darkness that have been activated this turn, I can destroy 1 more card,” said Oblivia, “since 2 Cards of Darkness were activated, I hereby destroy both Heavy Mech Support Unit & the Cyber Barrier Dragon!”

The Darkness 1 card unleashed dark lightning to destroy the attachments of Cyber Barrier Dragon, reducing it to its original state. (3300/1300~2800/800) The card also unleashed another blast that truly destroyed Cyber Barrier Dragon itself, along with the equipped Shield Attack.

“All of Marco’s cards…gone in just a strike…and he could do anything about it…” exclaimed Matt, “but how did she even know where her cards are even after that Darkness Card jumbled them up?”

“And I have no monsters that can deal with Darkness Eye at this point…” said Marco, “so I place my remaining 3 cards face-down & end my turn.”

“Now that we are in the End Phase, Darkness’ effect activates & resets all cards on the field,” said Oblivia as all 5 Trap Cards sank into the dark void & reappeared again. Oblivia drew her card to begin her turn…and her Mark suddenly glowed.

“Ahhhh!!!” the Ally cried in shock, “I can feel…its power…it’s growing strong…very strong…like a long-dead heart pulsating after years of dormancy!”

“My Lord, what could it be?” Lullaby wondered in concern as she held onto to her liege.

Suddenly, a dimensional vortex opened up in front of the 2 members of the Mandate. As they looked into it, the forms of 7 people were seen behind it. All of them were draped in a dark cloak & their faces looked quite young & neither male nor female. The middle person was focusing on the Ally’s current condition.

“By right, we should be seeing you only after you have finished your assigned mandate, but some circumstances have changed,” said the middle person.

“Master Humilitas of the Council of Seven,” Lullaby called as she bent down in respect, “May I ask what is going on?”

“A great darkness long unseen is on the verge of revival at last…the power of Ccpac Apu is about to be awakened should the fool who wield its unholy herald were to win…” cautioned Master Humilitas, “…and the world shall be consumed by the Underworld…”

“May Mana bless thee who must slay the Herald of Ccpac Apu then,” prayed Lullaby as she stared into the Arcadius Citadel.

Throne Room, Arcadius Citadel

Liberion was resting in his throne with Hashim & Ryo standing a distance away to guard him. Suddenly, Liberion’s eye was twitching for some reason.

“Hmm…it would seem that a new power would be revived on the world…and this power goes against my ideals…” said Liberion.

“If so, shall I go & eliminate this power that exists against you?” wondered Hashim.

“No need for this power is currently aiding us…” said Liberion, “the ends always justifies the means used to achieve it…even if it means utilizing the most forbidden powers known to Mankind…Nightshroud & the Earthbound Gods…”

Unknown Stairwell, Arcadius Citadel

Clair, Marin & Norman were rushing up the vast stairwell that would supposedly lead to the Throne Room of the Overmind. However, both Clair & Marin suddenly got a headache & a vision too.

Both Clair & Marin found themselves to be in a location high above the mountains under a dark sky with a black orb there too. As they looked below, they found that the ground was burning in a strange flame.

“What s this place?” wondered Clair.

Suddenly, the ground shook violently & a large shadow hand rose up.

“I think we are about to find out for ourselves soon,” said Marin.

It was followed by a gigantic mass of darkness with several blue lines. The “Giant” was moaning in an eerie monotonous tone as the flames continued to spread. Suddenly, a white streamlined dragon with sky blue impressions with a man draped in blue-accented white robes flew towards the “Giant” & fired a white blast from its mouth & hit the “Giant”.

“Ain’t that the Stardust Dragon?” wondered Clair.

“Sure is…now I get it! This is a Signer’s fight against the Earthbound Gods!” realised Marin, “this is a rare moment that we could get these hidden historical events on hi-def.”

However, the “Giant” let out a deafening cry that pulsed the entire area & a new purple light appeared in the area & hit Stardust Dragon. It was a black dragon with a single eye at the tip of its head & there was apparently a man riding it. He was donned in blue-accented black robes & had a birthmark similar to the “Giant” on his right arm. The dragon he rode on suddenly let out a roar & the entire body began to vibrate & revealed opened eyes from its entire body that let out a purple glow that consumed the whole area…

“Ahh!” yelled both Clair & Marin as they both had awakened from their temporary coma.

“Phew, I thought you guys were dead just now…I mean you have no heartbeat just a minute ago,” said Norman.

“Our souls were moved to another location in another time far away in the distant past…like Ancient Peru 5000 years…” recounted Clair, “…the Signers…Dark Signers…Earthbound Gods…what does it all mean?”

“And that monster…the One-Hundred Eye Dragon…don’t know where that name came up though…” claimed Marin.

Oblivia VS Marco Duel, Arcadius Citadel (Covered up by Darkness)

[align=center]

“During my Standby Phase, I can Normal Summon a monster from my hand regardless of Releases…and so I summon the Level 9 Dark Tuner-Darkness Hellion!” (0/0)

Suddenly, Darkness Eye glowed & a pure black angel-like being appeared. It had long red hair that covered its entire face & had claws. Also, it had 2 pairs of demonic wings on its back.

“Dark Tuner?! Not those things again!” exclaimed Marco.

“Ok…Level 1…minus…Level 9…he’s calling out a Level -8 Monster!” claimed Matt.

“Oh, you’re a smart one. I declare the Dark Tuning of my Darkness Eye & Darkness Hellion!” cried Oblivia as she held out both her arms in welcome.

Darkness Hellion came up behind Darkness Eye & dissolved into a vapor of darkness that consumed Darkness Eye within it to form a cocoon of darkness that floated up into the sky.

“Just what are you planning?” demanded Marco.

“When the curtain of darkness descends down, the eyes of the Underworld will open…” chanted Oblivia solemnly.

While she began to chant for her Summoning, 9 orbs of light appeared inside the dark cocoon & forced their way inside Darkness Eye. It then also dissolved to reveal 10 orbs of light. Among them, a pair of them came in contact with each other & bursted open. Suddenly, the remaining 8 orbs became black & it cocoon sparked off dark lightning as multiple vaguely eye-like shapes inside the cocoon were seen too.

“What in San Hill is that thing inside?” exclaimed Matt.

“…Swoop down…Darkness!” cried Oblivia in an excited tone “…Dark Synchro! Show yourself, the One-Hundred Eye Dragon!!!” (3000/2500)

Suddenly, the dark cocoon bursted open in an explosion & a black demonic dragon appeared behind Oblivia. It had a pair of sharp claws & a pair of seemingly fragile wings on its back. The oddest feature of this unique monster was that there were eyes throughout its entire body-its head, main body & limbs. All of them gave off a purple glow & they were focusing towards a single object, which is Marco himself!

“Oh…oh…my…G…God…God…” muttered Marco.

“Shivering in fear as you cower before the might of my beast, how pathetic can you possibly get when you were so high & mighty back then,” taunted Oblivia, “but I am afraid that all this charade will just to end now. I activate the effect of my One-Hundred Eye Dragon; if it were the only monster on my side of the field, I can activate the effects of any DARK Monsters that are in my Graveyard. As such, I use the effect of my Darkness Eye to take a look at my face-down cards…and your future too.”

“So that’s how she knew what was set at where even when Darkness constantly shifts their positions,” realised Matt, “and to think that I was dumb enough to think she is God.”

The huge eye on One-Hundred Eye Dragon’s chest glowed & reflected an image of Darkness Eye, while all the other eyes were staring at the face-down cards on the field.

“Ahuh…it would seem now that this is your final turn, even the cards have decreed so for your fate,” said Oblivia as she raised her right arm, “Activate the rightmost card, Zero!”

Following her orders, the rightmost card opened up to reveal that it was indeed Zero.

“Followed by the leftmost card, Infinity!” Oblivia called as the leftmost card opened up to reveal as Infinity, “…and everything in between, activate!”

All the 3 Cards of Darkness suddenly lifted themselves up. They all unleashed dark electrical bolts.

“The card I choose to invoke now is Darkness 2!” declared Oblivia, “Now I choose a monster on my side of the field & it gains 1000 Attack Points! In addition, it gains another 1000 Attack Points for every other Card of Darkness activated this turn.”

As such, the electricity stored within Darkness 1 & 3 sent themselves into the middle card, Darkness 2. Suddenly, the card unleashed a blue light & the dragon roared loudly as power surged its very form. (3000/2500~6000/2500)

“One-Hundred Eye Dragon, cast your rage upon him now! Infinity Sight Stream!” commanded Oblivia as she soon broke out into laughter, “HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!”

One-Hundred Eye Dragon screamed loudly as energy surged out of all its eyes & the eye on the tip of its head unleashed a purple ray towards the defenseless Marco for a direct attack…

“No, Marco!!!” yelled Matt.

Darkness Eye

DARK/Zombie-Effect/LV 1/ATK 0/DEF 1000

If there is a face-up "Darkness" on the field, ignore any card effect that prevents you from looking at Set cards, and you can look at Set cards in your Spell & Trap Card Zones. If this card is in face-up Attack Position during your Standby Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 monster without Tribute that turn.

Oblivia: The Card of the Day is my Darkness Eye! This card is vital towards my Combo of Terror as it allows me to bend the rules of Darkness & take a look at my face-down cards even with Darkness on the field. Also, I can summon a high-level monster during my Standby Phase without Releasing too.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marco: This Zero-Infinite Combo…I need to find a way to break out of this Juggernaut! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 78-Darkness Before Dawn!

Lullaby: Unknown to all, this very duel now weighs the very world itself at stake…

Wow Darkness and Earthbound Gods. That's too much.

I hope Marco wins

sorry' date=' but the earthbound gods will not be here, so the dark synchros will take its place for now though...

[/quote']

So why does she have the mark?

Like how I described it, it was something like a handprint of Ccpac Apu that burnt onto her skin when it assaulted her. That mark is not like the birthmarks & a separate thing altogether...

yes I do...

thnx WYHE....

P.S. Spamming is where one annoys the heck out of regular subscribers by repeatedly leaving short, irritating statements.

My post was simply expressing shock and amazement at the awesomeness that is the Earthbound Gods and the Darkness cards.

Admins really need to stop jumping the gun on trivial matters like this....

yes I do...

thnx WYHE....

P.S. Spamming is where one annoys the heck out of regular subscribers by repeatedly leaving short' date=' irritating statements.

My post was simply expressing shock and amazement at the awesomeness that is the Earthbound Gods and the Darkness cards.

Admins really need to stop jumping the gun on trivial matters like this....

[/quote']

Don't worry much, I know you & don't press charges around...

Hello there! I would like to greet you readers & the rest of YCM a happy new year as the darkness of the previous year makes way for the dawn of the new year.

Please enjoy the fine read & have a happy new year...

[spoiler=Ch 78-Darkness Before Dawn]

Previously on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind,

As she let go of her right arm, she was shocked to see that a tattoo-like mark was branded over her flesh there, burning the blue suit over it. The tattoo was blue in colour & looked vaguely similar to a hand from her upper arm & ending at her neck. Also, her eyes let out a slight blue glow-something that never happened before.

“The Mark of Ccpac Apu, the Earthbound Inca God of the Mountains has been branded upon the flesh of a Psychic.”

“The ends always justify the means used to achieve it…even if it means utilizing the most forbidden powers known to Mankind…Nightshroud & the Earthbound Gods…”

“…the Signers…Dark Signers…Earthbound Gods…what does it all mean?”

“And that monster…the One-Hundred Eye Dragon…don’t know where that name came up though…”

Suddenly, the dark cocoon bursted open in an explosion & a black demonic dragon appeared behind Oblivia. It had a pair of sharp claws & a pair of seemingly fragile wings on its back. The oddest feature of this unique monster was that there were eyes throughout its entire body-its head, main body & limbs. All of them gave off a purple glow & they were focusing towards a single object, which is Marco himself!

“One-Hundred Eye Dragon, cast your rage upon him now! Infinity Sight Stream!” commanded Oblivia as she soon broke out into laughter, “HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!”

One-Hundred Eye Dragon screamed loudly as energy surged out of all its eyes & the eye on the tip of its head unleashed a purple ray towards the defenseless Marco for a direct attack…

Oblivia VS Marco Duel, Arcadius Citadel (Covered up by Darkness)

This match suddenly turned into a climatic phase as Oblivia had summoned the Dark Synchro Monster, One- Hundred Eye Dragon. (6000/2500) After empowerment from the Combo of Terror, it gained 3000 Attack Points…which is enough for her to defeat Marco, whose only line of defense was those 3 face-down cards.

[align=center]

“I activate the Trap Card, Card Defense!” said Marco as he discarded his last remaining card away, “by discarding a card, I can negate your direct attack.”

Suddenly, a barrier was formed to fend off the powerful attack of the One-Hundred Eye Dragon.

“At the end of all this, I can draw a card from my deck,” said Marco.

“Hmpf, ‘tis all but futile as I possess an invincible Juggernaut!” proclaimed Oblivia, “I activate its ability again & copies Dark Grepher’s effect, a unique power which allows me to discard a DARK Monster to send another one in my deck there too.”

As such, One-Hundred Eye Dragon’s chest eye reflected the image of Dark Grepher & Oblivia discarded Obsidian Dragon from her hand, followed by a card called Darkness Destroyer from her deck.

“Now I end my turn & Darkness will reset all my Trap Cards,” said Oblivia as the cards were absorbed into the darkness & reappeared as face-down cards, “and in addition, during the End Phase of a turn where I sent Darkness Hellion to the Graveyard for a Dark Synchro Summon, I can regain Life Points equal to half the original Attack of the summoned Dark Synchro.”

Darkness Hellion appeared behind Oblivia & shattered in a burst of darkness that engulfed her.

Oblivia (LP: 3100) Marco (LP: 3200)

Oblivia (LP: 3100) Marco (LP: 3200)

“I draw then,” said Marco, “and I set a face-down card & then summon the Cyber Dragon in Attack Mode!” (2100/1600)

Suddenly, his second Cyber Dragon appeared onto the field, facing the powerful One-Hundred Eye Dragon.

“Now that’s stupid of you to summon a monster to face a monster you cannot touch at all,” said Oblivia, “I activate my Dragon’s effect & utilize Darkness Eye’s effect to see my face-down cards.”

The chest eye reflected the image of Darkness Eye & the 5 face-down cards flipped open to face Oblivia for a while before setting on the field again.

“Luckily for you, I can’t do my Combo this turn,” said Oblivia, “so got any more moves left?”

“No more left, so I end my turn & let you go for a spin,” said Marco.

With that, all of Oblivia’s face-down cards disappeared into the dark & reappeared face-down on the field.

“I draw,” said Marco, “now I activate my One-Hundred Eye Dragon’s effect again!”

“Oh let me guess, you are going to use Darkness Eye’s effect to peek at your face-down cards again,” guessed Marco.

“No, I have something far more devious than that…I borrow the powers of the Darkness Destroyer!” proclaimed Oblivia as the Dragon’s chest eye reflected a large black demon, “now I can attack twice per turn & those attacks can break through any Defense Mode Monsters. Attack the Cyber Dragon with Infinity Sight Stream!”

“I activate the face-down card, Cybernetic Hidden Technology!” said Marco as the card opened.

“I know what that card & it will be useless because my Obsidian Dragon can negate any Spell or Trap Card that targets my DARK Monsters!” said Oblivia.

“Damn it! I will just let the attack go through!” said Marco as One-Hundred Eye Dragon unleashed a purple blast from its eye & destroyed Cyber Dragon with ease.

Oblivia (LP: 3100) Marco (LP: 2300)

Oblivia (LP: 3100) Marco (LP: 2300)

“I activate the Card of Last Will!” exclaimed Marco, “when my monster has been destroyed, I can draw up to 5 cards from my Deck & being handless gives me the full benefits!”

“But that won’t stop the second & final strike of this attack!” said Oblivia, “Go, Infinity Sight Stream!”

“You apparently had forgotten my last face-down card, something that I will activate right now,” said Marco as a card flipped open, “I activate Emergency Provisions & by sending my currently worthless Cybernetic Hidden Technology to the Graveyard, I can regain 1000 Life Points & can avoid narrow defeat too.”

Oblivia (LP: 3100) Marco (LP: 3300)

Oblivia (LP: 3100) Marco (LP: 3300)

Cybernetic Hidden Technology disappeared into light grains & covered over Marco, while One-Hundred Eye Dragon unleashed its powerful purple ray of light at Marco too.

Oblivia (LP: 3100) Marco (LP: 300)

Oblivia (LP: 3100) Marco (LP: 300)

“Amusing that you must feel the unnecessary need to squirm like the worm that you are before you are willing enough to yield defeat,” said Oblivia, “I end my turn & the Cards of Darkness shall shift once again.”

The 5 face-down cards on Oblivia’s field vanished without a trace & shortly reappeared set on the field again.

“Hmm…my victory is nearing…all I need to do now is on my next turn, I will use Darkness 3’s effect & bring him down…” thought Oblivia.

“I draw…” said Marco.

“While in your Standby Phase, I invoke my One-Hundred Eye Dragon’s effect & mimic the effect of my Darkness Eye!” declared Oblivia as the Dragon’s chest eye reflected the image of Darkness Eye & the face-down cards were revealed to Oblivia for a while, “I activate both Zero & Infinity right now!”

Upon her command, the second card from her right & the leftmost card opened up as both Zero & Infinity respectively.

“Now I activate the cards in between, Darkness 1 & 3!” declared Oblivia, “and I choose to use Darkness 3’s effect right now! It can inflict 1000 points of Damage to you & another 1000 for every other Card of Darkness activated. It is now over!”

Dark electricity surged throughout the 2 Cards & they coursed into Darkness 3 & shot themselves at Marco.

“Correction-It is not over yet! From my hand that I drew thanks to Card of Last Will, I activate the Ring of Defense!” said Marco as a rotating circular shield appeared in front of him to intercept the attack, “this shield can render all Effect Damage from Trap Cards down to nothing more than a tickle down m spine.”

“Hmpf, so you got lucked out this time,” said Oblivia, “but you only got one more turn left now, so make it count.”

“And I will!” said Marco, “I start off with the Overload Fusion Spell Card! By removing monsters in my Graveyard, I can Fusion Summon a DARK Machine-Type monster. As such, I can remove my…”

“I won’t let you summon Chimeratech that easily!” objected Oblivia as she discarded a card from her hand, “By discarding the D.D. Crow from my hand, I can remove a card in your Graveyard like your Cyber Dragon!”

The Cyber Dragon card slid out of the Graveyard, but Marco was still calm throughout all this.

“As I was saying, I remove Cyber Dragon, Cyber Phoenix, Cyber Barrier Dragon & the Heavy Mech Support Unit from play to Fusion Summon the Chimeratech Overdragon!” (?/?~3200/3200)

The forms of all 4 monsters appeared before they were all engulfed by a bright light & a black metal core appeared, in which 4 dragon heads came out & they all roared a mechanical cry.

“Its original Attack & Defense are equal to 800 times the number of monsters used in its Fusion Summon & I will now waste my time & attack your One-Hundred Eye Dragon with Strident Blaze Overdrive!” commanded Marco.

“Once again, I activate my one-Hundred Eye Dragon’s effect & use the effect of the Spirit Reaper in my Graveyard!” declared Oblivia as the Dragon’s chest eye reflected the image of a skeletal creature draped in a purple cloak, “and we all know that Spirit Reaper cannot be destroyed in battle, so the attack is futile.”

“Yeah, but I still get to hit it for some Damage!” said Marco as Chimeratech Overdragon fired its attack on the One-Hundred Eye Dragon, but it was protected by a barrier that bounced the attack at Oblivia herself.

Oblivia (LP: 2900) Marco (LP: 300)

Oblivia (LP: 2900) Marco (LP: 300)

“Since you knew I was about to summon Chimeratech Overdragon, I assume you are aware that it can attack up to 4 times with 4 monsters incorporated into its Fusion Summon & that will be valid as long as there is a monster to attack,” said Marco, “therefore…Strident Blaze Overdrive, Blast 2, 3 & 4, FIRE!”

Chimeratech Overdragon let out another loud cry as it unleashed its energy blasts from the other 3 mouths & they were all reflected back towards Oblivia.

[align=center]

Oblivia (LP: 2300) Marco (LP: 300)[/align]

“Alright, since I couldn’t defeat you with Chimeratech Overdragon, I will have to settle with a second plan,” said Marco, “I summon the Cyber Valley to join us in Attack Mode!” (0/0)

Suddenly, a smaller metallic serpent appeared & let out a screeching cry.

“With that done, I place 2 faces-down cards & end my turn,” said Marco as the Cards of Darkness had reset themselves.

“Now I draw,” said Oblivia, “and I must say that your little stunt with Chimeratech Overdragon was bold, but you must admit your downfall as I strike your monster…”

“I play The Transmigration Prophecy Trap Card; it allows me to take 2 of your cards that are in your Graveyard & place them back in your Deck,” said Marco, “so I will put your Darkness Eye & Dark Grepher back there.”

“Damn! Now my Juggernaut of Terror is ruined!” exclaimed Oblivia.

“Now I get it; without those 2 monsters, her Cards of Darkness are as good as worthless & she can’t dump any more DARK Monsters to her Graveyard now,” realised Matt.

“Regardless of your attempts to put me down, I’ll take you apart!” claimed Oblivia, “One-Hundred Eye Dragon, attack the Cyber Valley! Infinity Sight Stream!”

“When you attack my Cyber Valley, its effect activates & I can remove it from play so that the Battle Phase is ended & I can draw 1 card,” said Marco as he drew out a card. (Photon Generator Unit)

“Bingo & Jackpot, my victory plan is all set for me,” thought Marco as he visualized a combo plan involving the face-down card, Chimeratech Overdragon & ending with that card he drew.

As One-Hundred Eye Dragon fired its attack at Cyber Valley, it suddenly vanished, causing the attack to hit nothing at all.

“Now, I play the face-down card called Dimension Explosion & return my Chimeratech Overdragon to my Deck & then we each can summon 2 monsters that removed from play,” said Marco, “so bye-bye, my Chimeratech & hello, my 2 Cyber Dragons!” (2100/1600 x2)

Chimeratech Overdragon’s metal form cracked apart in an explosion & the 2 Cyber Dragon rose from the crumbling pieces.

“Huh? Why would you want to get rid of your stronger monster & replace it with a couple of weaklings?” wondered Oblivia, “but I end my turn, seeing as there is nothing I can do right now.”

“I draw then,” said Marco, “and I play Photon Generator Unit & by Releasing my 2 Cyber Dragons, I can summon the Cyber Laser Dragon in Attack Mode!” (2400/1800)

The 2 Cyber Dragons were merging together as a combined stream of light as it formed into a slightly different mechanical serpentine dragon, but with a laser blaster at the tip of its tail.

“Huh? You just summoned a weak monster…and on purpose too…what are you planning?” inquired Oblivia.

“My Cyber Laser Dragon’s effect allows me to destroy a monster whose Attack or Defense outranks that of my Dragon & last time I checked, 3000 or 2500 beats 2400 any time…or should I say the other way round. Go, Blue Lightning Lash!” said Marco as Cyber Laser Dragon launched a laser beam from its tail end & it cut the One-Hundred Eye Dragon in half, therefore destroying it.

“When my One-Hundred Eye Dragon is destroyed & sent to the Graveyard, I can add 1 card from my deck to my hand,” said Oblivia as a card slid out of her deck & she quickly took.

“It is now over! Cyber Laser Dragon, finish her off with Blue Lightning Blast!” ordered Marco as Cyber Laser Dragon unleashed a powerful laser beam at Oblivia. However, thousands of brown fluff balls surrounded her to barricade the attack.

“Ha, the card I just added was a Kuriboh & it can negate all Battle Damage from 1 attack,” revealed Oblivia.

“And on my next turn, I shall Normal Summon Prometheus, the King of the Shadows!” thought Oblivia, “and when that happens, he will be history!”

“Ah, but I’m not done yet! I play Inverse Sacrifice!” said Marco, “this card allows me to Release a monster that I control & summon the very monsters I Released in order to summon it. So, return to me now, my loyal Cyber Dragons!” (2100/1600 x2)

Suddenly, Cyber Laser Dragon vanished into a portal of light & the 2 Cyber Dragons returned & screeched loudly.

“Just to let you know, Inverse Sacrifice is a Quick-Play Spell Card…so you know what that means…” said Marco.

“Yes! Finish that witch off!” cried Matt.

“Cyber Dragons, on my mark…Double Strident Blast!” commanded Marco as the 2 Cyber Dragons fired 2 blue energy blasts from their mouths & they hit Oblivia without fail.

Oblivia (LP: 0) Marco (LP: 300)

Oblivia (LP: 0) Marco (LP: 300)

“Phew, what a close call,” said Marco as the Solid Vision around them disappeared.

“And those 2 are getting better now,” said Matt as he found both Fuyuki & Gethin are awakening already.

“But that Mark…the Mark of Evil…it’s still on…” claimed Oblivia as she continued feeling her arm for it, “’tis the curse of he who indulges in science & this Mark, I must bear forever more as a Mark of shame…”

Suddenly, she vanished in a ray of light & a portion of the door melted off with the No. 2 on it. At the same time, a Giant Germ appeared to block the exit.

“I got this all covered,” said Marco as he slid a card into his Disk, “I use Polymerization & combine Cyber Dragon, Armored Cybern & Cyber Laser Dragon to form the Chimeratech Overdragon!”

The 3 Cyber Monsters appeared for a short moment as they were all fused together as a black metal core with 3 dragon-like heads.

“Attack that Giant Germ now!” commanded Marco as Chimeratech Overdragon destroyed the Giant Germ with ease, but 2 more copies just appeared to replace the original one. However, Chimeratech quickly did away with the 2 other monsters with just 2 more strikes.

“And now that we are all cleared & well, let’s get going,” said Matt as the four of them all rushed up to the next room.

“Oh, the pain…it is gone at last…” said the Ally as he rose up, “Council of Seven, I am most grateful for your concern towards me, but I still need to finish my mandate.”

“Yes, you must. But you will need this,” said Master Humilitas as he held out a scroll & gave it to him through the portal.

“Huh? What is that?” asked Lullaby.

“It is said that Destiny, ruler of all fates, would give every living being a purpose in their individual existence that shall bring an impact to the world. And this scroll, it contains the destiny of Arcadius & the now-torn world,” said Master Humilitas, “you must wait for the right time & give this plan to the one who shall change the world.”

“But who will it be to change the world?” asked the Ally.

“In time, it shall be known to you & us,” said the Council of Seven in unison, “and we shall rest the future of the world to the one who shall change the world.”

After that, the portal then vanished, leaving the duo together up in the skyscraper to wonder what the scroll was all about.

Unknown Stairwell, Arcadius Citadel

Back at the stairwell, Clair & Marin were recovering from their own pains with the vision earlier on.

“Seeing as the pain is now gone, I guess the powerful force is gone now,” said Marin, “but who?”

“Enough of that, let’s keep going on to the top & then we’ll get some answers from him,” said Norman.

Unbeknownst to the gang, there was a small black gecko on the walls. It was looking at them, especially Norman for some time. Then, it turned around & crawled its way up the spiral walls for a short while before it stopped on the ground.

At that moment, the gecko changed its form. Firstly, it rose to its hind legs that grew nails. Next, its tail had retreated back to its body & a mass of feathers took its place. Its forelegs also transformed, becoming wider & feathery. Finally, the eyes shrunk in size & its mouth grew narrower & harder to form a beak. The newly-transformed creature, a black raven, then flew up the area.

Cyber Laser Dragon

LIGHT/Machine-Effect/LV 7/ATK 2400/DEF 1800

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with "Photon Generator Unit". Once per turn, you can destroy 1 monster with ATK or DEF greater than or equal to this card's ATK.

Marco: Today’s Card shall be the Cyber Laser Dragon! Although it seems taxing to offer 2 Cyber Dragons just to summon him, but his effect helps out a lot! Once per turn, he can destroy a monster who is stronger than him by Attack or Defense.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Norman: Huh? Who’s that in front of us blocking our way? Is that…me?

“D-Norman”: I am your Dark Side brought back from a Realm of Darkness by Lord Liberion to replace you in this world. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 79-Flight of the Raven! The Hammer of Judgment shall be brought forth you!

Archived