Do people have the right to suicide?

Prince Poison

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because someone is unstable and wants to harm themselves doesn't mean that they should, and it doesn't mean that they will harm others around them.

Everyone has the right to live. To say everyone has the right to die inevitably alienates the first right. Quite frankly, I want to live, and just because someone else wants to quit because they don't want to deal with whatever drama is going on in their life at the time is, quite frankly, pathetic, and should not be supported or coerced by saying you should have the right to end your life.

Not to mention, suicide does not only affect the one killing themself, but all those around them too. Classmates, co-workers, friends, family, etc. Don't they get a say in whether or not you should stay alive?

Don't be selfish and worry about your own problems, consider what you want to do and see how it will affect those around you.

Just because someone is unstable and wants to harm themselves doesn't mean that they should' date=' and it doesn't mean that they will harm others around them.

Everyone has the right to live. To say everyone has the right to die inevitably alienates the first right. Quite frankly, I want to live, and just because someone else wants to quit because they don't want to deal with whatever drama is going on in their life at the time is, quite frankly, pathetic, and should not be supported or coerced by saying you should have the right to end your life.

Not to mention, suicide does not only affect the one killing themself, but all those around them too. Classmates, co-workers, friends, family, etc. Don't they get a say in whether or not you should stay alive?

Don't be selfish and worry about your own problems, consider what you want to do and see how it will affect those around you.

[/quote']

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

I'm going to assume the rest of what you said is also bullshit.

However, life is menial after you get everything you want out of it.

Kids, don't be like me, stay ambitious and keep creating dreams or you'll get quite bored of life really fast, and you'll be stuck between saying f-ck school when I can deal drugs, f-ck school when I can go into the military and hopefully get killed in the process, or stick with school and think you are making a "valuable" difference in the world.

Just because someone is unstable and wants to harm themselves doesn't mean that they should' date=' and it doesn't mean that they will harm others around them.

[/quote']

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

I'm going to assume the rest of what you said is also bullshit.

Some one give me a rebuttal or something...

Ha. I can actually post an argument now.

You assume that all people see the world as something... serious....

However, if I were to kill myself because of nihilistic realization, the knowing that life doesn't really have a purpose, and a loss of ambition to create one to enjoy life, and have to be a part of the world rather than just skipping the bull and achieving neutrality immediately.

People who kill themselves because they think they are not taken seriously enough needed to try harder and get over themselves. However, in the case that the idea of worthlessness is achieved, it can be forgiven, for it is with reason that they make this choice, despite how distasteful that reason is.

I don't want anyone who believes in the "Immortal Soul" to reply to this, this argument assumes that it does not exist, and I don't want to have you not be taken seriously ever again.

Under the law, murder deployed by yourself unto yourself is not illegal it is treated as a human right, mainly i think in the bill of rights (i'll check the bill of rights later...), if somebody feels it is the answer to there troubles, they have no meaning in life, ect. it is there answer to open up there solution, by every rights necersary, suicide is allowed, but to a huge beleiver in god, it would be an insult to religion and god for creating you by your choice.

Therefore, suicide is write and wrong in the many different natures.

Under the law' date=' murder deployed by yourself unto yourself is not illegal it is treated as a human right, mainly i think in the bill of rights (i'll check the bill of rights later...), if somebody feels it is the answer to there troubles, they have no meaning in life, ect. it is there answer to open up there solution, by every rights necersary, suicide is allowed, but to a huge beleiver in god, it would be an insult to religion and god for creating you by your choice.

Therefore, suicide is [b']write[/b] and wrong in the many different natures.

It's write and read amiright :)

Pick an opinion btw.

Under the law' date=' murder deployed by yourself unto yourself is not illegal it is treated as a human right, mainly i think in the bill of rights (i'll check the bill of rights later...), if somebody feels it is the answer to there troubles, they have no meaning in life, ect. it is there answer to open up there solution, by every rights necersary, suicide is allowed, but to a huge beleiver in god, it would be an insult to religion and god for creating you by your choice.

Therefore, suicide is write and wrong in the many different natures.[/color']

OmgWtfWhatAltairSaid.

This has to be the most sloppy debate I've encountered on this forum.

It's hardly a debate on any medium, it's only an emotional opinion based upon those who have encountered it/contemplated it. (And no, Willieh, Nevah do it. D: )

Suicide's simply the responsibility of the ones who contemplate it. Not the family, nor the law. If the suicidal minded truly believes his death will bring about better surroundings, then let them, for the ideals of T4 say that the ones who think like this are, in fact, inept. Of damaged mind. Which brings about the unemotional conclusion that it's societies benefit. Basically, what Horus said.

Hm.

What I find funny about this debate is it's like, no one could give a sh-t about what the other says, but rather, would just like to defend the right of the suicidal and/or crap in it in the most obvious way. Unconstructed debating for the noobish +1.

Seriously, Tea.Leaf got it right to the better extent, refer to her post. =).

Under the law' date=' murder deployed by yourself unto yourself is not illegal it is treated as a human right, mainly i think in the bill of rights (i'll check the bill of rights later...), if somebody feels it is the answer to there troubles, they have no meaning in life, ect. it is there answer to open up there solution, by every rights necersary, suicide is allowed, but to [b']a huge beleiver in god, it would be an insult to religion and god for creating you by your choice.[/b]

Therefore, suicide is write and wrong in the many different natures.

A believer in god would believe in God's divine plan, assuming that we are talking about the vast majority of god believers, the Christians. esp. Roman Catholics.

Under God's divine plan, free will is replaced with God's will, and if you were to kill yourself, it would be in God's plan, it would have been your inevitable fate rather than your "Personal Choice"

Everyone else addressed the rest of your argument, I really hope that your next reply gets a bit more thought to it. :D

p.s. For our sake, leave the Bill of Rights out of this, not everyone here is American and fewer hold American values as truth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a friend who tried to commit suicide i feel suicide is a sin but it isn't i mean if your life is so unbelievably bad you can do what you wan't, i'm deppressed but my family and my dreams keep me goin i hope one day my friend will understand that there is a sun in this dark and gloomy world. keep on goin and follow your dreams that's my motto.

lol you cant put a law against suicide

thats plain stupid

imagine this

LAW:New law guys' date=' anyone who commits suicide, shall be sentenced to life in prison.

*geshhh* breaker breaker 29, we have uhh 411 on Broadway, young man commited suicide.

hes arrested and taken to court.

*judge* Young man are you aware that you have just commited suicide?

paused

cricket

pause

Young Man?

Young man, answer me right this instant

*ffftttbrrt! the flatuants left in the body of the young man, comes out*

Young Man did you just fart in the court of law?

You man?

dammit thats it, officer give me your gun

Office

I said give me your gun

*officer* uhh um, judge

the kids dead, he committed suicide...

*judge* dammit, who the hell created this law anyway?

*officer* that would be Tom Cruise sir...

[/quote']

EPIC :) I'm going to save this and put it in my sig.

Suicide is just what people do when they can't think of anyting else to do or have nothing left in life to protect/charrish except life. think of the samuri that killed themselves in the past.

Who ever creates a law banning suicide: shall be punished, killed, or shall commit suicide.

If they REALLY want to' date=' they should. This is America, people should have the right. However, they should not kill anyone else in the meaning.

However, killing yourself is NOT advised AT ALL.

[/quote']

i iz not american, so i do not apply to that statement.

meh suiside is reserved for emo's.

i have thought of it at times i admit though

If they REALLY want to' date=' they should. This is America, people should have the right. However, they should not kill anyone else in the meaning.

However, killing yourself is NOT advised AT ALL.

[/quote']

i iz not american, so i do not apply to that statement.

meh suiside is reserved for emo's.

i have thought of it at times i admit though

Meh. You still stereotype like an American, though.

It's been understood, we all have the ability to commit suicide, but do we have the right? The right to control our own lives?

Anyone who thinks we don't is the reason why this thread has gotten to 71 replies, with the answer still clogged between the posts of the logically inept.

Yeah, I use uncommon words to avoid being re-flamed. From experience, it works.

=).

Basicly, what i was trying to say earlier, but i will repeat,

Theres no law, but even if you do you are harming others in different emotional ways, this can go alot of ways this debate.

The bottom line is;

"Suicide is legal, but unfair towards your religion or other peoples beleif's/emotions."

As far as i am concerned, the point has been reached.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived