What do u think of grammer nazis?

Quagmire_jr

What Would You Rate My Set?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Would You Rate My Set?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. i hate grammer nazis cuz i hate grammer and spelling... and therefore i would ahte anyone who tries to MAKE me use grammer and spelling....

^ :-x BUT MUM, I DUN WAN ET M BROCLI!! *Smashes plate on floor* WAAAAAAAA!!!! I HAT JOO!!!

No. i hate grammer nazis cuz i hate grammer and spelling... and therefore i would ahte anyone who tries to MAKE me use grammer and spelling....

losing the contest was just an excuse to start this.

Oh just cry why don't you?!?!? Just go hold your mommy's hand and never go to school and just stay the big immature little baby you are for the rest of your life. Stop complaining! :x

^ :-x BUT MUM' date=' I DUN WAN ET M BROCLI!! *Smashes plate on floor* WAAAAAAAA!!!! I HAT JOO!!!

[/quote']

lol...

but thats not hte pt.... its different with people u actuaqlly no..... and do i really no any1 on the forum (except max)?

if we didnt have grammar or spelling the world would be like this

hay phrunk woold joo wike two anvad eareth? wee halves thee peeples!!!

u ever played starcraft/runescape? it is like that. and no1 complains.

Wrong, when people complain about runescape thats one of the biggest turnoffs

but thats not hte pt.... its different with people u actuaqlly no..... and do i really no any1 on the forum (except max)?

Okay, that is why spelling and grammar are important. Mostly spelling here. Are you even trying to spell things correctly? Is it so hard to write "no" as "know", "hte" as "the" ("teh would work, because "hte" looks like "hate" at first glance for me.), "pt" as "part", "u" as "you", and "actuaqlly" as "actually"? I don't really care weither or not you spell things correctly or not, but that was sentence was just crazy bad.

• Administrators

1 n33d 2 g0 2 t83 ba7hr00m & w3n I g3t 8ak 1 w1ll 5h1t 0n u.

Have any trouble reading that? Well if you didn't, then your highly illiterate and insane and don't realize it.

Grammar is necessary and MUST be practiced by EVERYONE when speaking or writing. It's one thing to miss-use a word here or there, for example using "is" instead of "are", and "are" instead of "is". Those are just differences of culture, and despite that you can still easily understand what the person is trying to say. In the black community we often use plural and singular form incorrectly.That's fine, but when you're substituting letters with numbers, or not spelling a word out entirely; JUST because your lazy or think it's "cool", then that's TOTALLY unacceptable. Those of you who do this need to step up your grammar game and stop acting like little poopykins'. You have no valid reasons to continue to speak in code, which only you can understand in most cases. Give me THREE reasons why you think people should be allowed to ignore grammar entirely, and I can promise you I can shoot them down within 30 seconds of reading the post.

^ :-x BUT MUM' date=' I DUN WAN ET M BROCLI!! *Smashes plate on floor* WAAAAAAAA!!!! I HAT JOO!!!

[/quote']

lol...

It's got nothing to do with knowing them, I'll get pissed off at people if they use bad grammer when talking (writing) to me - consider yourself lucky. I don't know anyone on here personally, but that doesn't mean I don't listen to them and their opinions of (most) them. I will not miss the opportunity to disagree, ever.

Well I do' date=' and I know alot of people who don't play because of all the idiots who speak like that, because like me, THEY CANNOT STAND having to read it - it's like talking to an underdeveloped species. Just because YOU and your friends don't complain does not mean that there is no one.

Give me THREE reasons why you think people should be allowed to ignore grammar entirely, and I can promise you I can shoot them down within 30 seconds of reading the post.

*Claps loudly*

Serisously, imagine if you are 50, are you seriously going to write like this? Everybody will you think you are a 2 year old. A part of life is to show how mature you've grown. Do you want to be forgotten in history as "The boy that wrote like a slob who never grew up"?

Just drop it, hate us all you want for being so careful about grammar, just don't argue about it and put those stupid banners in the trash, I don't like 'em, and neither does anybody else.

We had 1 war before, we don't want another one. If this keeps up, considered you actually have the will to fight, this fourm will be torn in two, and we could say goodbye to the YCM Card Maker. And we all like this fourm, even you. And nobody wants to lose it, and this fourm wil be the only casualty of this war you are trying to start.

Do you really want THAT to happen?

Edit: Plus, I have a friend who's last name is Joo and I don't think he'd be happy to see his last name thrown around in the most idiotic of topics. Looks like somebody forgot to take their happy pills today.

Just drop it' date=' hate us all you want for being so careful about grammar, just don't argue about it and put those stupid banners in the trash, I don't like 'em, and neither does anybody else.[/quote']

I agree, really, the banner and the use of the words 'crap' and 'piss off' in your sig just makes you look immature. I also find it moderately offensive and would suggest you remove it before someone who really has a problem with it sees it.

We had 1 war before

It's been more than one.

We had 1 war before' date=' we don't want another one. If this keeps up, considered you actually have the will to fight, this fourm will be torn in two, and we could say goodbye to the YCM Card Maker. And we all like this fourm, even you. And nobody wants to lose it, and this fourm wil be the only casualty of this war you are trying to start.

Do you really want THAT to happen?[/quote']

Why are you all under the impression that forum 'wars' are apocalyptic and such? It's a forum with nearly 7000 members, at this point, it can't die. With close to 40 new members joining a day, 'wars' are little more than a scratch to this site. Sure, there not good, nothing good comes out of them - people get banned, however, usually NOT permentantly and usually never more than two members, it's really not that bad.

I know, Frunk, but we don't want wars, 'cause this site is supposed to be a fun retreat for me, and if theres a war going on, I won't come back anymore, and nither will anybody else until this whole "War" thing is setled once and for all

I know' date=' Frunk, but we don't want wars, 'cause this site is supposed to be a fun retreat for me, and if theres a war going on, I won't come back anymore, and nither will anybody else until this whole "War" thing is setled once and for all

[/quote']

That's a bit immature of you if that would stop you from coming here. Also, 'anybody else' is an overstatement, really, I know about 5 of you who might leave.

Okay' date=' that is why spelling and grammar are important. Mostly spelling here. Are you even trying to spell things correctly? Is it so hard to write "no" as "know", "hte" as "the" ("teh would work, because "hte" looks like "hate" at first glance for me.), "pt" as "part", "u" as "you", and "actuaqlly" as "actually"? I don't really care weither or not you spell things correctly or not, but that was sentence was just crazy bad.

[/quote']

i dont even try anymore. u ised 2 b4 runescape, but after about a few weeks, i gave up.

1 n33d 2 g0 2 t83 ba7hr00m & w3n I g3t 8ak 1 w1ll 5h1t 0n u.

Have any trouble reading that? Well if you didn't' date=' then your highly illiterate and insane and don't realize it.

Grammar is necessary and MUST be practiced by EVERYONE when speaking or writing. It's one thing to miss-use a word here or there, for example using "is" instead of "are", and "are" instead of "is". Those are just differences of culture, and despite that you can still easily understand what the person is trying to say. In the black community we often use plural and singular form incorrectly.That's fine, but when you're substituting letters with numbers, or not spelling a word out entirely; JUST because your lazy or think it's "cool", then that's TOTALLY unacceptable. Those of you who do this need to step up your grammar game and stop acting like little poopykins'. You have no valid reasons to continue to speak in code, which only you can understand in most cases. Give me THREE reasons why you think people should be allowed to ignore grammar entirely, and I can promise you I can shoot them down within 30 seconds of reading the post.

[/quote']

i dont see the problem with bad grammer....

1 n33d 2 g0 2 t83 ba7hr00m & w3n I g3t 8ak 1 w1ll 5h1t 0n u.=i need to go to the bathroom and when i get backi will s*** on you

i didnt even see the errors in it till about the 5th word...

Serisously' date=' imagine if you are 50, are you seriously going to write like this? Everybody will you think you are a 2 year old. A part of life is to show how mature you've grown. Do you want to be forgotten in history as "The boy that wrote like a slob who never grew up"?

Just drop it, hate us all you want for being so careful about grammar, just don't argue about it and put those stupid banners in the trash, I don't like 'em, and neither does anybody else.

We had 1 war before, we don't want another one. If this keeps up, considered you actually have the will to fight, this fourm will be torn in two, and we could say goodbye to the YCM Card Maker. And we all like this fourm, even you. And nobody wants to lose it, and this fourm wil be the only casualty of this war you are trying to start.

Do you really want THAT to happen?

Edit: Plus, I have a friend who's last name is Joo and I don't think he'd be happy to see his last name thrown around in the most idiotic of topics. Looks like somebody forgot to take their happy pills today.

[/quote']

im not saying evry1 has to type like this, im just saying people shouldnt freak out on me if i do...

All your doing, Quag, is pretending to have horrible grammar by tipin lyk tihs. Grammar is important, and we all know it. I'm just so sorry for you lazy bums that take more time thinking of more ways to destroy grammar. All it does is take more time to type. At least TRY to type correctly!

All your doing' date=' Quag, is pretending to have horrible grammar by tipin lyk tihs. Grammar is important, and we all know it. I'm just so sorry for you lazy bums that take more time thinking of more ways to destroy grammar. All it does is take more time to type. At least TRY to type correctly!

[/quote']

i no i can use goo dgrammer... i just dont want to...

i have from june to september where i dont need to use grammer...

and no1 is going to take that away from me...

Just drop it' date=' hate us all you want for being so careful about grammar, just don't argue about it and put those stupid banners in the trash, I don't like 'em, and neither does anybody else.[/quote']

I agree, really, the banner and the use of the words 'crap' and 'piss off' in your sig just makes you look immature. I also find it moderately offensive and would suggest you remove it before someone who really has a problem with it sees it.

We had 1 war before

It's been more than one.

We had 1 war before' date=' we don't want another one. If this keeps up, considered you actually have the will to fight, this fourm will be torn in two, and we could say goodbye to the YCM Card Maker. And we all like this fourm, even you. And nobody wants to lose it, and this fourm wil be the only casualty of this war you are trying to start.

Do you really want THAT to happen?[/quote']

Why are you all under the impression that forum 'wars' are apocalyptic and such? It's a forum with nearly 7000 members, at this point, it can't die. With close to 40 new members joining a day, 'wars' are little more than a scratch to this site. Sure, there not good, nothing good comes out of them - people get banned, however, usually NOT permentantly and usually never more than two members, it's really not that bad.

1)some people do like the banner.... iv been selling them for 1 pt each and people have bought.

2)i dont hate u 4 being careful about grammer. i just want u to let me have bad grammer.

3)not trying to b offencive (and how is the word "crap" offencive) and il probably change that.

4)im not trying to start a war. i just dont ant people freaking out on me for bad grammer.

5)the forum wont die. as frunk said, its not the 1st war. and besides, i dont want to start a war.

6)stop saying i want a war. i dont.

1 n33d 2 g0 2 t83 ba7hr00m & w3n I g3t 8ak 1 w1ll 5h1t 0n u.=i need to go to the bathroom and when i get backi will s*** on you

Not everyone speaks "leet" or "1337" or "Idiot" - whatever you wanna call it.

im not saying evry1 has to type like this' date=' [b']im just saying people shouldnt freak out on me if i do...[/b]

So EVERYONE has to change for you?! Get over yourself and show some courtesy to the rest of us, this is an English speaking forum, so speak proper English like the rest of us!

Not everyone speaks "leet" or "1337" or "Idiot" - whatever you wanna call it.

im not saying evry1 has to type like this' date=' [b']im just saying people shouldnt freak out on me if i do...[/b]

So EVERYONE has to change for you?! Get over yourself and show some courtesy to the rest of us, this is an English speaking forum, so speak proper English like the rest of us!

i no that not evry1 speeks 1337, and im not saying they should...

im just saying if i could read that, then people should b able to read this. didnt freak about that, so people shouldnt freak about this.

huh?!?! when did i say evry1 neds to chane?? i said they didnt need to change... i just said they should stop freaking on me cuz i use bad grammer.

and frunk. u no what runescape is like. thats a english speaking game.

i no that not evry1 speeks 1337' date=' and im not saying they should...

im just saying if i could read that, then people should b able to read this. didnt freak about that, so people shouldnt freak about this.

huh?!?! when did i say evry1 neds to chane?? i said they didnt need to change... i just said they should stop freaking on me cuz i use bad grammer.

and frunk. u no what runescape is like. thats a english speaking game.

[/quote']

So you just want to be the guy on the forum that nobody can understand? You can probably read it because you WANT to read it, for the *Insert absurd amount of times here*, ALOT OF US DO NOT WANT TO, DO NOT LIKE READING IT.

By writing like that, you're asking everyone on the forum to learn leet, and not all of us here do, as easy as you may think it is. If I want to learn a new language, then I'll join a LOTE class, or get tutorials.

Of course RuneScape is an English speaking game, that's one of the reasons I got sick of and quit RS a few weeks ago, poor grammer annoys me no end.

Looks now like I'm a full on Grammer "Nazi".

Archived