:: Roleplay Section Improvements Discussion ::

Yeah right.

You know i'm not going to find anything. You are well aware that the poll l made was deleted, erased from YCM entirely. (Which, by the way, was ruled by the majority.)

And no one's provoking you. Hell, l wasn't even talking to you. You didn't make and enforce the AC all by yourself, IIRC. So someone =/= you necessarily.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey hey hey, let's not pull open old wounds now. What is done is done. If you really want to be able to RP in basic style, go post on the Games forum. They'll let you do as you like. The AC vs Basic fight ended months ago and I'm sure most of us can agree we're tired of the endless debates. Let this issue rest. Plus, if you have been paying attention to the stickies, there is talk about finally moving RP section out of Fanfic and giving it a Basic subforum. So you should be patient and wait for your basic RPs to get their own section.

Yeah right.

You know i'm not going to find anything. You are well aware that the poll l made was deleted' date=' erased from YCM entirely. (Which, by the way, was ruled by the majority.)

And no one's provoking you. Hell, l wasn't even talking to you. You didn't make and enforce the AC all by yourself, IIRC. So someone =/= you necessarily.

[/quote']

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-171077.html

Look familiar? Besides, times have changed~

And thank you, Otaku. There is no reason to argue now, because nothing can or will be done about the current situation.

@Rinne - Tempest has a point.

When it was first enforced, you had a spoiler saying something about rebelling against the AC, then a GIF clearly stating 'GTFO'. Also, if you look at the old Poll Thread, the majority was against the Clause xD

Anyways, this split might just end this debate, so let's just drop the argument in this thread, move it onto the other thread, where we can talk this over in a civil way.

When it was first enforced' date=' you had a spoiler saying something about rebelling against the AC, then a GIF [u']clearly stating[/u] 'GTFO'. Also, if you look at the old Poll Thread, the majority was against the Clause xD

Oh, really? And l was just joking. Hmm.

Well, i'm through with the arguing too tbh. Like l said before, it would seem as if everyone is on the same side now, so now it's about planning.

...Er...Man I missed only one day action, and chaos breaks out

Aside from trival matters:

To Saiba Aisu:

Hahahaha!!!! In a way, I would agree with you, but again, I'm new, and I want to be looked up to. Now, this is here is my last agruement for the RPer of the Month idea, and I'm not going to respond to any other statements (unless they agree with, and I'll give them an Thumbs Up).

Now when I suggested that, Fiendish Dr. Hydra questioned what would be the point of trying, and my ansewer to that was giving them Reps, or Points. To back up my idea, but when I defended that idea, yet again I was attack (If I knew any other word than Attack, I would've use it, but I don't. Apologizes.), because an more experienced person said that Reps, and Points wern't really important, and should get their head examine. Which I figured he/she was one of the folks who didn't care about such things. And to be honest, I seriously don't wanna be an agrument (EVER!! which would pretty much how hospital I am), but to skip over it. When I was new (and I think I still would be), no one really helped me out, and when I seen more experienced people, I went by how long they been here, Post Count, and Points. But now, when I gained some reconganation (<-----how do you spell that?), it was through Card Making, and from there, I was getting some praises, namely Ragnorak. Then I found out the Fan-Fiction area, and eventually found my way to the Role-Play section.

At first, I didn't care much for the RP section, untill my first attempted at joining one, and I was recieved with open arms by TheFinalFan, or formaly known as YRPOtkaku169. A couple more days down the road, I found this thread. And I was recongnized by Fiendish Dr. Hydra. And I felt good being acknowledged, and that's why I want to have an Role-Player of the Month. Not to award, but to "Acknowledged" that person. Again, I said the stuff about the Reps, and Points to defend that arguement about the incentive to win (which again, my goal is to acknowedged)

P.S. Cmon folks, I know I may be becoming an nuisance here, but does no one has no interest in an Chronicle of Role-Playing?

P.S.S *sigh * still haven't celebrated my 100th post yet *Sigh*...

P.S.S To KaiNine, I would to Apologizes, and didn't mean to be rude, but what I meant was to just let you know. Again, Apologizes.

You don't earn the respect of others on account of the number of posts, points, stars, or reps you have. If you think otherwise, you obviously need to take a break from YCM.

Rinne, do you think you could keep up posted on any further developments as to whether or not the RP Forum will be divided into Advanced and Basic sections?

Well, stars are usually an indicator of the experience of the user. Most people will initially treat people differently from their stars. Don't fret Fry, if you have the creativity and grammar, then RP section will welcome you with open arms. From what I see, you are the unn00bish n00b. You are a n00b because you haven't learned how the RP section really works or the different personalities of the RP section. You are unn00bish by having good grammar even when not RPing and by taking effort to look into the history of the RP section.

Just don't sweat it.

Back to our regular scheduled program, the division of the RP section will finally resolve all conflict in the RP section. I just hope that FallingPizza will actually listen to a small part of YCM as a whole.

You don't earn the respect of others on account of the number of posts' date=' points, stars, or reps you have. If you think otherwise, you obviously need to take a break from YCM.

Rinne, do you think you could keep up posted on any further developments as to whether or not the RP Forum will be divided into Advanced and Basic sections?

[/quote']

Currently, there have been no further development. And remember, Otaku, just because you guys vote on it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be for the benefit of the section. It's ultimately up for the mods to decide.

Okay so this is directed right toward Rinne, I'd very much like to see a rule implemented stating that when someone's post in a roleplay is way to short and someone else reports it that you first warn the user who posted it and not warn the entire roleplay. You never even gave Umbra the chance to do so himself, I think that's pushing the limit of your powers. I know your trying to better the rp section but don't punish the entire rp because of one persons mistake, further more you should at least give a reasonable amount of time to the GM to give a warning before you interfere. That is all I have to say.

Okay so this is directed right toward Rinne' date=' I'd very much like to see a rule implemented stating that when someone's post in a roleplay is way to short and someone else reports it that you first warn the user who posted it and not warn the entire roleplay. You never even gave Umbra the chance to do so himself, I think that's pushing the limit of your powers. I know your trying to better the rp section but don't punish the entire rp because of one persons mistake, further more you should at least give a reasonable amount of time to the GM to give a warning before you interfere. That is all I have to say.

[/quote']

If a shortpost is reported, regardless if the GM is on or not, that means that someone in the RP or not recognizes that it is a problem and that it must be fixed. If it's just a normal shortpost, I might let it slide, but since it was reported, that meant someone didn't like it, and I had to take action.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Thank you for this New sub Fourm. Before everyone asks i might as well get there out of the way.

1. Will this meen that All OOC in the Roleplay thread itself be not alloud unless special Reasons?

2. Will appications have to be done in the new Planning thread there for a new roleplay?

3. Will all roleplays will be Manatory to create a planning thread in the new sub-fourm?

4. And finaly: What will happen to roleplays who disobay these (or any) new rules in the sub fourm?

I am frankly downright disappointed in the manner of split that occured. I thought it was the general consensus that the RPers of YCM wanted an advanced/basic split, with a few wanting the OOC split.

I do understand Pizza's reasoning for allowing an OOC forum (prevent spam, not promote it via Basic RPs), but I am still unhappy. Either way, I should be appreciative that Pizza actually did something.

I am frankly downright disappointed in the manner of split that occured. I thought it was the general consensus that the RPers of YCM wanted an advanced/basic split' date=' with a few wanting the OOC split.

I do understand Pizza's reasoning for allowing an OOC forum (prevent spam, not promote it via Basic RPs), but I am still unhappy. Either way, I should be appreciative that Pizza actually did something.

[/quote']

*Shrug* I don't think it was up to us in the first place. Rinne just asked us because he wanted our general opinion, but it was just an influencing factor, not a deciding factor.

Anyway, on one hand I'm somewhat disappointed that the Basic RPers will continue to whine, but on the other, I'm rather elated at this idea. The OOC forum will make everything so much easier...

That's semi how it was before with the tag systems' date=' until SOMEONE decided to take all our toys away from us, forcing us to rp advanced or "GTFO", to put it nicely.

And we've been TRYING to reestablish a basic system again for months, to no avail... ugh, just forget it, l guess sonce everyone wants it back now, there's no need to complain...

[/quote']

...Do I detect a slight hint of QQ? I don't need you to start railing against the infinite evils of the Advanced Clause and how the section would be better without even trying to improve it. You're in the definite minority, and yet you haven't even tried to act civil about it. The Advanced Clause has been generally well-received by the majority of the roleplaying community so there is definitely no plans for it to be removed anytime soon. I'm losing my patience with you. Play nice, or, how did you put it? Ah, yes. GTFO. :3

Rinne, this is one of those times where it falls to someone to ask you to not be an arse. I'll do it this time around so, please do not be an arse, okay? Also, the majority wanted to keep basic around. I was a part of that majority, along with Tempest Dahlia, Jake the Sage, and a few other notable names. And dagnabit, I still am!

l guess since everyone wants it back now' date=' there's no need to complain...

[/quote']

lt seems you've read everything but this, making your little rant invalid.

And l have a right to complain anyway. Not to mention, l was actually in the majority, last l checked.

If you're going to provoke, I might as well make you prove your point. Go find people and list them. I want names. If you're going to just pull random statistics out of your ass without evidence, then I don't think you have any rights to attack me.

Well let's see, aside from Tempest there is me, Jake the Sage, and numerous others, whether they voted or not.

Hey hey hey' date=' let's not pull open old wounds now. What is done is done. If you really want to be able to RP in basic style, go post on the Games forum. They'll let you do as you like. The AC vs Basic fight ended months ago and I'm sure most of us can agree we're tired of the endless debates. Let this issue rest. Plus, if you have been paying attention to the stickies, there is talk about finally moving RP section out of Fanfic and giving it a Basic subforum. So you should be patient and wait for your basic RPs to get their own section.

[/quote']

That would be cool. More people would start rping again, and some of the good ideas that wouldn't make it in advanced format would actually have a chance in basic format.

When it was first enforced' date=' you had a spoiler saying something about rebelling against the AC, then a GIF [u']clearly stating[/u] 'GTFO'. Also, if you look at the old Poll Thread, the majority was against the Clause xD

Oh, really? And l was just joking. Hmm.

Well, i'm through with the arguing too tbh. Like l said before, it would seem as if everyone is on the same side now, so now it's about planning.

Yeah, basically. So what shall we plan?

Alright' date=' I'll admit I was in the wrong there. Chalk that up to having homework until 10:30 last night and having a play to perform in tomorrow. (However, the retaliation isn't needed.)

[/quote']

We understand that you have things that frustrate you, we all do. However, could you next time please not go on an angry venting borderline power abuse streak please? (implied or otherwise) After all, it's not like we take out our irl problems out on you, right?

You don't earn the respect of others on account of the number of posts' date=' points, stars, or reps you have. If you think otherwise, you obviously need to take a break from YCM.

[/quote']

Currently, there have been no further development. And remember, Otaku, just because you guys vote on it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be for the benefit of the section. It's ultimately up for the mods to decide.

That is the wrong response. I agree that there are certain points and times where mods end up having to step in to make sure that things don't get to out of hand, and that it sometimes requires making and enforcing rules that actually ends up causing only a different sort of problem. However, you seem to be currently suffering from the same problem as our current administration. That is you refuse to listen to the voice of the people. Not only is this wrong, but it is very hypocritical since you are of the people, and seem to have forgotten that you always have been and will be. The only difference is that you currently have power that we do not because you have responsibilities that you need to exercise and carry out in the most correct way possible. you are made even more hypocritical when you ask the people what direction they wish for things to go in, and then completely disregard it.

Okay so this is directed right toward Rinne' date=' I'd very much like to see a rule implemented stating that when someone's post in a roleplay is way to short and someone else reports it that you first warn the user who posted it and not warn the entire roleplay. You never even gave Umbra the chance to do so himself, I think that's pushing the limit of your powers. I know your trying to better the rp section but don't punish the entire rp because of one persons mistake, further more you should at least give a reasonable amount of time to the GM to give a warning before you interfere. That is all I have to say.

[/quote']

Hey, speaking of, Rinne! Why have you not yet gotten back to me on the matter of the Demesnia rp of which I pm'd you about? To quote a famous hedgehog, "I'm waaaaitiiiing!"

Just wanted to bump this and say OMG YES PIZZA FINALLY GOT US OUR OOC FORUM.

So' date=' discuss plz?

[/quote']

We have our ooc forum, now? Awesome. I need to tell Whamo-kun about this.

@Otaku: That's what we get for getting our hopes up. =/

l'm indifferent about the ooc section' date=' because l have a club if l wanted to plan anything. Basic/Advanced wasn't remade so l don't... feel...

...Good. l'll stop there.

[/quote']

Wait, so there was not a basic advanced split? AAARRRGGH! This is exactly what I am talking about! The people are harped on and griped at when they do not voice their opinions, and yet when they do express trheir views, they are c ompletely ignored because they are seen as inconvenient!!! :evil:*rages*:evil:

Dude, that conversation was over a week ago, why comment on it "now"?

Plus, I can't help laughing a little at your arguments. "The people"? "The majority"? The constant harping on the idea that your opinions are being disregarded?

This isn't a country, you know. We've got like, 50 people absolute max active in the RP forums. If we all yelled at the same time, there's a good chance we'd all be individually heard. Claiming that you, or even a small group of people, represent 'the people' is laughable because we're such a small group that we don't need people to talk for us. If we have a problem, we talk to Rinne or the other mods about it, there's no need to make a lobby group to be heard.

As for being 'the majority', I'm not sure it means what you think it means. "The Majority" means "over 50%", not "a large amount". I haven't seen any credible evidence that what you said is true and that you're 'The Majority'; the only possible thing that suggests that is an outdated poll with a misleading question that was proved wrong in later discussions (where both sides were about equally vitriolic).

As for your opinions being disregarded, well... a forum isn't a democracy, enough said. They don't need to take your opinions into consideration at all.

Perhaps. I still feel as though People should be listened to a little more, especially when an idea is presented tat solves everything and it isn't seen through, or at least not completely seen through.

Anyway, are we able to start posting in the ooc section of the rp forums now, or are things still being set up for that?

As for your opinions being disregarded' date=' well... a forum isn't a democracy, enough said.[/quote']

20gln2a.gif

...I've been waiting to use that image for so long. x3

To get back on topic, I was never going to base my decision entirely on what you guys wanted. If that was the case for the forums, Riku would in fact be mod. It's up to the mods and admins in the end. Tough luck.

Archived