:: Roleplay Section Improvements Discussion ::

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I have one MASSIVE question... Isn't this meant to be an improvements thread?

So can we all just get back to trying to improve the forum pleeeeease!?!?

Also I would just like to say to all the ADV haters. Forcing people to RP better is the only way that alot of people will get better and improve themselves and the RP section.

So thank you and good night!

Also isn't kicking people out because their not following the rules the mods job?

Not if we actually have a valid point. And you are also all wrong. Kicking people out of an rp is the job of the creator of the rp. I still remember getting some gay neg and neutral reps from some a-hole just because I wouldn't let him join my rp due to his character being to modded even by the former basic standards! GAH! I should really get that taken care of.

Anyway, Is there some type of thread that gives guidelines on how to create an rp? Like basically the skeletal structure to work off of, so to speak? Of course, there is not necessarily a need for it, but it would be helpful for those who are trying to create their own original rp's and are having trouble putting it together.

Not if we actually have a valid point. And you are also all wrong. Kicking people out of an rp is the job of the creator of the rp. I still remember getting some gay neg and neutral reps from some a-hole just because I wouldn't let him join my rp due to his character being to modded even by the former basic standards! GAH! I should really get that taken care of.

Anyway' date=' Is there some type of thread that gives guidelines on how to create an rp? Like basically the skeletal structure to work off of, so to speak? Of course, there is not necessarily a need for it, but it would be helpful for those who are trying to create their own original rp's and are having trouble putting it together.

[/quote']

Kicking people out of RPs is the creator's job, but kicking people out of the forum is my job. ;3

I could try to make one up, but I think there's a decent enough amount of information in the new rules thread. :/

• 3 weeks later...

As minor as it may seem, I propose we add an addendum to the rules for the OOC forum stating that RP creators must link the IC and OOC forums somehow. It would make everything easier for everyone, especially prospective joiners such as myself, who don't like to spend too much time looking for OOC/IC threads.

As minor as it may seem' date=' I propose we add an addendum to the rules for the OOC forum stating that RP creators must link the IC and OOC forums somehow. It would make everything easier for everyone, especially prospective joiners such as myself, who don't like to spend too much time looking for OOC/IC threads.

[/quote']

Easy enough to do. I won't enforce it too strictly, though. It's not a big enough thing. :/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol 25 character limit, I haven't seen anyone even reach 10 in an RP I have ever been in. The most I've ever had in a single rp was probably 3 with maybe 3-5 more NPC's that I control when needed.

The definition of 'character' that was being used there was "a single number, letter or symbol that can be displayed digitally"

AKA, a keystroke.

Well, Fiendish Doctor Hydra, I see that you change your name. But aside from that; YCM's Local Indian Guide has returned to the RP section, and the new changes are definately affecting thhe RP section. I notice that the threads we subsrcibed to are a little tricky to get to, and we can't save any RP's that we are working on. For example, I was previously working on 3 RPing titles, however the drafts that I had for them were nowhere to be found. So I after a couple of minutes of frustion, I decided to post a new thread, but just save it as a draft, but I notice there wasn't anyway I could save it. So after getting mad again, I went to my private messaging board, and saved it there, but when I came back to it, the end result was a mess.

All the spaces, and in-denting that I did was gone, and replaced with everything that I worked so hard on was bunched up together. All in all, is there anyway we could actually save our drafts the way we did save them, or is it possible that our fellow MODs could do something about this?

*Note* I also posted the same problem on the general fourms of YCM as well.

Well, Fiendish Doctor Hydra, I see that you change your name. But aside from that; YCM's Local Indian Guide has returned to the RP section, and the new changes are definately affecting thhe RP section. I notice that the threads we subsrcibed to are a little tricky to get to, and we can't save any RP's that we are working on. For example, I was previously working on 3 RPing titles, however the drafts that I had for them were nowhere to be found. So I after a couple of minutes of frustion, I decided to post a new thread, but just save it as a draft, but I notice there wasn't anyway I could save it. So after getting mad again, I went to my private messaging board, and saved it there, but when I came back to it, the end result was a mess.

All the spaces, and in-denting that I did was gone, and replaced with everything that I worked so hard on was bunched up together. All in all, is there anyway we could actually save our drafts the way we did save them, or is it possible that our fellow MODs could do something about this?

*Note* I also posted the same problem on the general fourms of YCM as well.

Don't ask me. I'm still confused and irritated about the new system, as my rants have demonstrated.

Well it brings a smile to my face knowing the fact that this is actually the third time someone has actually responded to anything that I said -.-

P.S. Oh, and Rinne, don't hurt yourself trying to get over the new system. The worst thing that could happen is me becomming King of the World.

Nowadays, I do all my editing of posts that require special formatting in an external program like wordpad. Then I set up RTE mode, and paste the entire thing into YCM. Then, immediately post (or save the edit).

I don't know what's going on that causes spacing to go all bizarre once any edit is made to the post. How *does* that happen?

• 2 months later...

Man!!! It's been like what? More than 2 months of people not posting in this thread, but out of curiousty, would this thread be now be considered dead? I once read all of the rules regarding the RP, but there was so much that I don't remember if a thread like this could die. If that is the case, I will laugh my socks off because I necrobumped this thread, and killed it (ends up getting thrown in prision).

But seriously getting down to bussiness here:

Eversince the OOC thread made it's appearance (and we could all thank our fellow MODS for it), it made organization really easy *and we have less of a reason too get into agruements regarding some "planning" on the RP Thread.). But I have one question I personally want too know. Is it possible that a OOC thread could die? I mean, let's say the main thread is going on storng, and people don't respsond in the OOC thread after...let's say 3 months (unless it's changed, or I forgottend/mixed the infomatioon in the rules), the official way to tell if a thread is dead.

Could a OOC thread be considered dead if the Main Thread dies? Basic questions like these are bugging me.

P.S Does the OOC thread need a Main Thread to exist? I.E. making a Kingdom Hearts OOC thread tommorow while the Main Thread doesn't come up till later this winter.

So, it's possible for a Kingdom Hearts OOC thread tommorow while the Main Thread doesn't come up till later this winter right? Although after re-reading my post, I wasn't that clear, so my apologizes friend. But what I mean, is when a RP thread dies, are both thread considered dead, or just the main thread?

...Man...Sushi's post is just becomming a relic...so to keep this thread from going over to the dino's anybody ever read The Hunger Games?

Well, after an quick 30mins worth of researching other RPs, I noticed a very special RP here that was locked within 24 hours. Here's the link incase you wanted to see it.

My link

Long story short, only one person made one post, but then our very own Rinne came along and locked the thread. Saying that after 24 hours have passed, it's locked. Now I may be 9 months old on this site, I still am tyring to get the gist of things around the RP rules and such, so could anyone please explain as too what happened?

• 1 month later...

Archived