Super Smash Bros Brawl (Un)Official Thread

tehodis

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]entry_banner.jpg

The youth with the psychic powers has appeared—it’s Lucas! He makes his anticipated debut from the Japan-only release MOTHER 3.

lucas_071001a.jpglucas_071001b.jpg

While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!

lucas_071001c.jpglucas_071001d.jpg[/align]

And I think that this is guaranteeing Ness' return as well.

Or maybe it means that he is replacing Ness? I thought I read something that said that they originally wanted to have an Earthbound character in Melee instead of Ness. I'm probably wrong though.

Your right, Lucas was going to replace Ness, but the game, Earthbound 3, never game to the US, so they didn't include him.

Also both Marth and Roy were ment to be in the Japanse only Melee, but they changed their mind. So thats how Roy and Marth got in and Lucas didn't.

Well atleast thats what I've read, but is about 99.9999999999999% right

Shadow Moses Island, Snake's stage, has been released. (+ Snake joins the brawl!)

stage13_071002b.jpg

Walls tower over the stage on the left and right, giving it a caged death-match feel. You can destroy the walls on the left and right with attacks. Those who aren’t skilled at launching foes upward may want to be proactive about attacking them. Oh, and occasionally a Metal Gear will appear from the background.

"Apparently one other kind appears, too. It’s supposedly a slightly newer model.

On this stage, Snake communicates with his team to learn the key characteristics of his rivals... Whoa... Seriously?

We’ve intercepted some of these communications and we’re delivering those to you now."...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

Another double update today we see Shielding & Dodging and Fox: Final Smash.

Shielding and Dodging works the same as it did in Melee so nothing really new their.

basic06_071004a-l.jpg

basic06_071004c-l.jpg

Fox’s Final Smash is his Landmaster, since post tehodis in her Final Smash section I’ll let her post it their, so I’ll just post this pic

fox_071004f-l.jpg

Team [in Adventure Mode!]

I will announce this right here, right now. In Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary, you can also play with two players simultaneously!

modea07_071005a.jpg

Basically, it is the same as a standard Smash brawl, so if you take damage and get knocked off the screen, you lose a life.

However, this mode features a space jump that allows Player 2 to return to where Player 1 is even after getting left off the screen.

If Player 2 gets separated from Player 1 by the screen scroll, he or she will quickly space jump back to Player 1's side. But, if Player 2 gets knocked off the screen by an enemy, that counts as a lost life.

I'll update again. Today we get to see Zero Suit Samus Special Moves.

Standard Special Move: Paralyzer

zerosuit_samus_071008a-l.jpg

The gun isn't that strong so it should manly be used for self-defense

Side Special Move: Plasma Whip

zerosuit_samus_071008c-l.jpg

Up Special: Plasma Wire

zerosuit_samus_071008d-l.jpg

Both of the moves can be used to grab and hang from an edge. They can reach even if the ledge is pretty far away.

Archived