YCM King of Games

Legend Zero

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Okay, I'm posting my results, you guys have to read my comments]

Ned93: I WAS going to give this a 0, but when I saw it couldn't attack, I think I'm giving it a 7/10

OMGAKITTY: Dies the instant it hits the field, and with Skill Drain out, it's ovepowered. 0/10

~Veemon~: Arcanite Magician for Spells/Traps, but stronger. 4/10

maxscool101: The OCG is laughable, but it's a decent card. I wouldn't run it though. 7/10

Monkeybuoy2: Art and effect are awesome, but it needs a downside. 8/10

TotalObelisk: Pretty good, actually. 8/10

sonic_zach: WAY overpowered. 0/10

DesCrow: Seems to work best in some Crystal Beast Synchro Deck. 5/10

Alright, I have finished giving my ratings [a long time ago], and I have gotten permission to tell you the problems with each of your cards for Round 4, because many of them were poorly done. Sorry, but it's true.

Ever since the start of this contest, whenever a new round came, the quality of the cards submitted were getting worse and worse. Some contestants left, and even some were forced to (eg. Silent Hunter, because he was banned).

The guidelines below are what I rated for THIS round's cards, and I have stated most of the problems each had. I have done this for the last two rounds also, but only in a PM to Legend Zero himself.

Without further ado, please review this list, and improve your cards for any contests you may be attending in the near future.

Damn this sounds so formal. If you REALLY wish to find out my personal rating that I gave you for the card, feel free to PM me. I like to keep ratings private, so no conflicts arise.

Yes, line break on purpose. Not a double post.

Ned93: The 3000 attack is redundant. The effect that is on the card makes the attack points irrelevant, so logically speaking, this card did NOT follow this round's card terms. It loses major points for that.

OMGAKITTY: Effect makes no sense. The last sentence should have a specific time set. We need to know when the effect will take place. Also, if you read the effect carefully, no matter what you do, whenever the effect DOES take place, the card is always destroyed within the turn you summon it. This card also loses points for being incorrectly worded, and done.

~Veemon~: Effect is very plain, and the card should have a method to increase it's Spell Counters by itself.

maxscool101: Overpowered.

Monkeybuoy2: First part is overpowered, second part is useless, and doesn't really serve the purpose of balancing the card.

TotalObelisk: Would be overpowered if used in a Spellcaster deck, which is the case here, since it is a Synchro SPELLCASTER card. Next thing you know, you will have 10 Spell Counters on the card because you may already have like, 10 Spell Cards in the Graveyard from before. Should have added a max to balance it.

I marluxia I: Underpowered, and quite useless effect.

sonic_zach: Extremely overpowered, and a lot of the effect is incorrectly worded.

DesCrow: Underpowered.

No no, your effect makes it that the second the card is summoned, the attack starts from 0 and goes up. That means, no matter what original attack you have, it's useless. That's the reason why the card did not conform to the original guidelines.

"Create a Spellcaster Synchro monster that has an attack that is 3000 or above."

What that means, is that the original attack must be 3000. Ned's effect, completely eliminates the use of the original attack. The moment it is summoned, it sets the attack BACK to 0, and increases from there. Thus, it did not actually comply with the rules. You could make the card with 1000 base attack, and it would be the same thing.

"This card's ATK is equal the number of Spell Counters on it x 500."

Nope. This card's attack is EQUAL. It does not say INCREASE the attack by that much. Thus, it will start out with a base attack of 0 always.

Although it still starts off with 3000 attack, I find that putting 3000 as the original attack is pretty redundant.

Okay, then if that's the case, the voting's all over now, and I still won't change my rating for Ned. He deserved what he got. We're just awaiting the final results now.

Archived