Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, there is something wrong. it keeps cutting off the end of it. i'll try to figure the problem out and fix it.

sorry to all, but production of yugioh duel force will halted for now. if you would like me to e-mail you the new updates as i complete them, pm me, and if you have it set up that users cannot see your e-mail, please include your e-mail address as well. i PROMISE i will only use it to send fanfic updates.

HERE IS CHAPTER SEVEN!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Seven]

Jen vs. Final Four Deck Two; Blown Away

“Congratulations,” said Pegasus as Tucker unplugged his Duel Disk and stepped down, “you could have given up when things weren’t going your way. In fact, many Duelists would have given up had they taken 4700 damage before even dealing their opponent one point! But your fighting spirit burned strong and you came out on top!”

“Yeah yeah,” said Tucker, still refusing to hear what Pegasus had to say, “whatever. Who’s next?”

“Up next will be Jenifer, the Forest Duelist,” said Pegasus.

Jen shot him a look of confusion, “Who, me?”

She stepped up to the arena and connected her Duel Disk, plugging it into the arena port. Life Point Counters set at 8000 apiece. The robot randomly chose itself to go first again,

“I hope this thing isn’t using the same deck again,” Jen mumbled under her breath. “I already have a dozen tactics to beat it. It won’t be any fun.”

“Begin turn,” the robot said. “Summon monster card, ‘Cyber Harpie Lady’ in attack mode.”

“Didn’t see that monster in the other deck,” said Jen, her mind obviously racing.

On the robot’s field appeared a woman with long red hair, long green feathers running down her arms, and talons for hands and feet, wearing a purple metallic breastplate and carrying an energized whip (ATK: 1800). “Place two cards face-down. End turn.”

“Good,” said Jen. “Now what do you say we take this thing outside. I begin my turn with the Field Spell card ‘Forest’. In this dark, woodland wasteland, all Insect, Beast, and Plant-type monsters gain 200 Attack and Defense! And I follow up with one of my strongest cards, my ‘Pinch Hopper’, in attack mode.”

All around Jen and the robot, on and even a bit around the arena, huge trees appeared. Among the trees appeared Jen’s monster, the giant grasshopper, ‘Pinch Hopper’ (ATK: 1000+200=1200).

“I equip my ‘Hopper’ with my Spell card ‘Insect Armor with Laser Cannon’,” said Jen, “raising the Attack of my monster by another 700.”

A laser cannon appeared, strapped to the ‘Hopper’’s back (1200+700=1900).

“Now, I attack your ‘Harpie’ with Laser Cannon Discharge!” A glowing point of energy built in the barrel of the cannon, and fired in a pulse of light at the foe, only to be stopped by a wall of reflective crystal that rose up from the ground, reflecting the beam back.

“Activate ‘Mirror Wall’ Trap,” said the computer, “reducing the attack of ‘Pinch Hopper’ by half. Counterattack with ‘Cyber Harpie Lady’.” ‘Pinch Hopper’’s Attack dropped (1900/2=950), and the winged woman attacked, snapping her whip and slicing ‘Hopper’ to pieces with her whip (LP: 8000+950-1800=7150).

“I thought you might have a Trap like ‘Mirror Wall’ ready for me,” said Jen. “’Harpie’ cards are typically supported by powerful continuous effects. That’s why I chose to attack you with a weaker monster like ‘Pinch Hopper’. Now I know which of your two cards is the greatest threat to me. But first of all, I use the effect of my ‘Pinch Hopper’, letting me summon any insect from my hand. I Special Summon ‘Insect Princess’, my favorite card!”

A humanoid insect with broad, glossy, transparent wings and four slender arms appeared (ATK: 1900+200=2100).

“Now I activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying ‘Mirror Wall’,” said Jen. A burst of wind tore through the crystal, shattering it.

“Because it's still my Battle Phase,” Jen declared, “my ‘Princess’ can attack your ‘Harpie’, Deadly Pheromones!” Clouds of orange-brown dust spread out from the ‘Insect Princess’’ wings, surrounding ‘Cyber Harpie’, destroying it (LP: 8000+1800-2100=7700). Jen looked fiercely at the Duel Robot, “I end my turn.”

“Begin turn,” said the robot. “Draw card. Play ‘Graceful Charity’. Draw three cards and discard two cards. Reveal ‘Hysteric Party’, discarding one card to Special Summon all ‘Harpie’ monsters from own Graveyard.” Three ‘Cyber Harpie Ladies’ appeared side by side on the robot’s side of the field, ready to strike (ATK: 1800 (each)).

“Equip ‘Cyber Harpie Lady’ with ‘Gust Fan’, raising Attack by 400 and lowering Defense by 200 (1800+400=2200). Attack ‘Insect Princess’ with Gust Gale Attack.” The powered up ‘Harpie’ waved a green fan, summoning a burst of wind that sliced ‘Insect Princess to pieces (7150+2100-2200=7050). “Remaining ‘Cyber Harpie Ladies’ attack directly.” The other two ‘Harpies’ lashed out at Jen with their whips (7050-1800-1800=3450). “End turn.”

“Good move,” said Jen calmly, “but your strategy is nothing compared to mine. Everything I’ve done so far has been to draw out your strategy so I could lock it down and set up for mine. I summon ‘Larva Moth’

154661mi1.jpg and equip it with ‘Cocoon of Evolution’ (DEF: 2000+200=2200). In two turns my ‘Petit Moth’ will evolve into the ‘Great Moth’.” A green worm the size of a horse appeared, and became surrounded by think cocoon made of silky string. “I also equip ‘Cocoon’ with ‘Heart of Clear Water’, making it impervious to Battle Damage and resistant to certain Spell cards. Turn end.”

“Draw card. Place cards face-down. End turn.”

“I draw,” said Jen, “and-.”

“Reveal,” the robot said, “the Trap card ‘Bubble Shot’. You must discard cards from your field and hand until the total number of cards in your hand and on your side of the field equals five.”

“Fine,” said Jen, “I’ll discard the one card in my hand, and then I’ll activate my own Trap card, ‘The Spell Absorbing Life’, increasing my Life Points by 400 for every effect monster on the field (3450+1600=5050). Now my ‘Great Moth’ will arrive in just one turn.”

“Draw card.” said the robot. “Activate ‘Harpie’s Feather Duster’ to destroy all Spell and Trap cards that you control.” A blast of wind tore the cocoon off of ‘Larvae Moth’ (DEF:400), and uprooted the trees of ‘Forest’, carrying them up toward the high ceiling until they faded away. “Destroy ‘Larvae Moth’ with ‘Cyber Harpie Lady’, and direct attack with all remaining monsters.” One of the weaker ‘Cyber Harpies’ slashed ‘Moth’ with her whip, destroying it, and the other two hit Jen directly (5050-2200-1800=1050). “End turn.”

“Darn,” said Jen, “I guess I don’t have any moves left. I guess I lost as soon as I put my faith in a combo like the ‘Great Moth’ Evolution combo. Unless my combo was only a decoy,” she smiled and selected a card from her hand. “You see, I wanted you to waste your best cards on my Evolution combo so that I could feel confident summoning this. Activate ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive the monster that you sent to my Graveyard; ‘Metal Armored Bug’!”

The room grew dark as a huge form appeared on the ceiling, blocking several of the lights. Jen only smiled, but Sarah, Tucker and I looked up. Clinging to the ceiling was a huge beetle with a metallic shell and sharp blades on its front most legs (ATK: 2800).

“’Metal Armored Bug’,” Jen commanded, “attack the lead ‘Harpie Lady’, Metal Claw Strike!” ‘Metal Armored Bug’ reached down with its claws and cleaved ‘Cyber Harpie’ in half (7700+2200-2800=7100). “And that,” said Jen, “is my turn.”

“Yes!” said Sarah. “Go Jen!”

“Draw card,” said the robot. “Change two ‘Cyber Harpie Ladies’ to defense mode (DEF: 1500 (each)). “End turn.”

“That won’t help for long,” said Jen. You could tell from her face that she was calculating something. “Activate ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards, and attack with ‘Metal Armored Bug’ to destroy a second ‘Cyber Harpie’,” the ‘Bug’ destroyed a second ‘Harpie’. “End my turn by placing one card face-down.”

“Begin turn. Draw card, and equip ‘Cyber Harpie Lady’ with ‘Cyber Shield’,” the armor that ‘Harpie’ wore became thicker and fuller (1800+500=2300). “Change to attack mode. Activate ‘Rush Recklessly’, increasing the attack of ‘Cyber Harpie Lady’ by 700 (2300+700=3000). Attack ‘Metal Armored Bug’.” A massive spinning funnel of wind rose up around the ‘Harpie’. She rose up, flapped her wings hard, and flung all of the wind strait up at the ‘Bug’. I looked up at Jen. She seemed unconcerned.

“Reveal the Trap card ‘Magic Cylinder’, catching your attack and redirecting it toward your Life Points.” Two shining metallic cylinders appeared in the air. ‘Harpie’’s attack was caught by one cylinder, and seconds later, the attack re-emerged from the other cylinder, aimed directly at the robot. The attack hit, and the robot’s Life Points fell (7100-3000=4100).

“Now I draw,” Jen looked down at her newest card, and smiled wide. “This will be the last turn. Activate ‘Offerings to the Doomed’, sacrificing my next draw phase to destroy your ‘Harpie Lady’.” Mummy wraps erupted from the ground beneath ‘Harpie’, grabbing her, and dragging her into the ground, destroying her.

“Now I summon my ‘Arsenal Bug’.” A two-segmented warrior bug appeared with small wings, carrying a small round shield and a curved sword. “As long as I control another Insect monster, my ‘Arsenal Bug’’s original Attack is 2000. Attack with ‘Arsenal Bug’ directly.” ‘Arsenal Bug’ slashed (4100-2000=2100). “And ‘Metal Armored Bug’ ends it!” The massive ‘Metal Armored Bug’ reached down and it’s claw “impaled” the robot, ending the duel (2100-2800=0). “That’s game!”

CHAPTER EIGHT!!! CHAPTER EIGHT IS HERE!!!! tell your friends!

[spoiler=Chapter Eight]

Sarah vs. Final Four Deck 3; Rust Buckets

After Jenn’s victory over the Harpie deck, Pegasus stood an gave a round of applause. “Another wonderful Duel. As soon as you saw what type of deck you were facing you formed two inter locking strategies to combat it, while keeping an open mind, which allowed you to use your opponent’s moves to your own benefit. A mind that is truly as complex as the forest itself!”

Jenn didn’t even look up. She was considering something.

“Next up’” said Pegasus, “is the ocean Duelist, Sarah.” Jen stepped down, and Sarah took her place.

“Begin Duel,” said the robot. “Begin with Spell card ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards from my deck. Chain Spell card ‘Trap Booster’, discarding one card to activate one Trap card from the hand.”

A machine monster, ‘Megasonic Eye’, appeared on top of the robot’s virtual discard pile. “Activate,” the robot said, “the Trap card ‘Ultimate Offering’. Summon ‘Double Coston’. Pay 500 Life Points to sacrifice ‘Double Coston’, activating its effect to be treated as two sacrifices for the summon of a Dark monster, and summon ‘Zoa’.”

On the robot’s field appeared a small black blob with a face. It split into two blobs which disappeared (LP: 8000-500=7500) and were replaced by a giant blue fiend with long arms ending in long, sharp claws (ATK: 2600).

“Set two cards,” the robot concluded. “End turn.”

“Good,” said Sarah, scowling with annoyance. “I was worried that you were gonna make me wait. Draw! And I’ll start out the same way you did; ‘Pot of Greed’. I draw two cards!”

“Reveal,” the robot said, “the Trap card ‘Gamble’. When the opposing player has seven cards in hand and the controller of ‘Gamble’ has one, ‘Gamble’ activates and the controller of gamble flips a coin and calls it. Call: heads.”

A display on the robot opened, revealing two lights, one labeled “heads“, and the other labeled “tails“. The two lights flashed one after another in rapid succession, and finally the lights stopped blinking, indicating “heads”.

“Called correctly. Draw five new cards.”

“Back to me now thanks!” said Sarah. “Activate the Field Spell card ‘A Legendary Ocean’! This amazing card not only raises the Attack and Defense of every Water monster on the field, it also lowers the level of every Water monster in my hand by one. That means that my level five ‘Giga Gagagigo’ becomes a level four monster, and can be summoned without tribute! I summon ‘Giga Gagagigo’!”

As the Holoarena changed to show an extensive waterscape, a large, green-skinned, armored lizard appeared, standing on its hind legs, brandishing sharp claws (ATK: 2450+200=2650). Deep beneath the surface of the water was a massive golden city.

“’Giga Gagagigo’,” Sarah commanded, “slice ‘Zoa’ to ribbons!”

‘Giga Gagagigo’ lunged at ‘Zoa’. ‘Zoa’ raised his claws to defend himself.

“Reveal,” the robot said, “the Trap card ‘Metalmorph’, equipping to ‘Zoa’ and raising his Attack points by 300 (2600+300=2900).” A metal shell coated ‘Zoa’, hardening his claws until they were like swords. ‘Giga Gagagigo’ slashed, but ‘Zoa’ repelled his foe’s attack with ease and counterattacked, reducing his foe to pixals (PL: 8000+2650-2900=7750).

Sarah scowled. I knew that she had only been testing her opponent, but that she had also really wanted her attack to succeed. “Two cards face-down,” she said, “and end turn.”

The robot began its turn. “Begin,” it said, “by sending ‘Zoa’ and ‘Metalmorph’ to the Graveyard to summon ‘Metalzoa’ from the Deck.” the metal coat over ‘Zoa’ merged with him, and ‘Zoa’ became a fully mechanical version of himself (ATK: 3000).

“I thought so,” said Sarah. “That’s why I was ready with this, my Trap card, ‘Torrential Tribute’.” A wave poured from the Trap, destroying ‘Metalzoa’.

“Summon,” said the robot, “the ‘Mechanicalchaser’. Attack with Armed Arsenal.” The ‘Mechanicalchaser’, a spherical yellow robot with multiple many-jointed arms, each ending with a different weapon, appeared on the robot’s field and lunged at Sarah. But like always, Sarah was prepared.

“Activate,” she said, “the Continuous Trap card ‘Tornado Wall’. As long as there is water on the field, my ‘Tornado Wall’ will protect my Life Points from battle damage.” As she spoke several small cyclones rose up, deflecting ‘Machanicalchaser’’s attack and throwing the robot backwards. It recovered and returned to it’s original location.

“End Battle Phase,” said the computer. “Set two cards. End turn.”

“Awesome!” said Sarah, cheerfully. “It's time for my counteroffensive. I begin with the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’ to draw three cards and discard two. Next I play ‘Monster Reborn’ to summon the discarded ‘Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness’ (ATK: 2100+200=2300). Activate a Spell card, ‘Elemental Surge - Water’.

154661ps0.jpg

Once per turn I select a Water monster and raise its Attack power by 200 until my next turn. I choose ‘Orca’ (2300+200=2500).

“I also summon the monster card ‘Torpedo Fish’,” a large bullet-shaped fish appeared (ATK: 1000+200=1200) next to a massive orca whale with a torpedo launcher on it’s stomach, several cannons on it’s back, and a recovery arm attached to it’s back near the base of it’s tail. “’Orca Mega-Fortress’, launch ‘Torpedo Fish’ to destroy ‘Mechanicalchaser’!” ‘Torpedo Fish’ slid into the launcher on ‘Orca’’s stomach and was then fired strait at ‘Chaser’. Both monsters were blown away.

“Now,” Sarah continued, “I attack with my ‘Orca’, Whale Mouth Cannon!” ‘Orca’ opened his huge, gaping mouth, revealing a massive cannon. It fired, and the robot took massive damage (7500-2500=5000).

“Good one sis,” I said.

She gave me a thumbs up over her shoulder, but she wasn’t stupid. She knew that this duel was far from over.

“Begin turn,” said the robot. “Summon the ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’ in attack mode. Activate ‘Tribute Doll’.” A mechanical wolf appeared. Moments later a wooden doll appeared at his side. The wolf and the doll disappeared and were replaced by a massive wingless mechanical dragon with a revolver for a head, and two more revolvers on it’s shoulders.

“Sacrifice ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’ to Special Summon the level seven ‘Barrel Dragon’ (ATK: 2600). A monster summoned by ‘Tribute Doll’ cannot attack for one turn. Activate the effect of ‘Barrel Dragon’.”

The robot revealed it’s coin panel again, “flipping” three times; heads, tails, and heads. ‘Barrel Dragon’ locked onto ‘Orca’ and fired his three guns, destroying the massive whale.

“Place one card face-down and activate the Spell card ‘Card of Sanctity’. Both players draw cards until they hold six cards. End turn.”

Sarah drew cards for the effect of ‘Card of Sanctity’, and then drew for the start of her turn. She looked over her new hand and smiled a wicked smile.

“Well, robot,” Sarah said smugly, “your dragon may be strong, but my next monster is even stronger. I start off by activating the Spell card ‘Salvage’, returning ‘Torpedo Fish’ and ‘Neo Aqua Madoor’ from my Graveyard to my hand. Next I send ‘Neo Madoor’, ‘Torpedo Fish’, and ‘Hyosube’ from my hand to the Graveyard to activate ‘Turtle Oath’ Ritual!”

Spirits of her three monsters appeared, along with a large turtle shell, standing on it’s end. The monster spirits flew into the open arm and neck holes of the shell. From the leg holes emerged huge, dinosaur-like legs, from the arm hole emerged two strong-looking arms ending in crab claws, and from the neck hole emerged a large eye. Down its back and stomach on each side sprouted thin, spiny crab legs. The Ritual Summon was complete.

“Through the power of my Ritual Spell I summon forth,” Sarah declared triumphantly, “the mighty ‘Crab Turtle’ (ATK: 2550+200=2750).”

The strange creature stood slightly slouched, looking strait at the ‘Barrel Dragon’. “I increase the power of my ‘Turtle’,” Sarah said, “by renewing the effect of my ‘Elemental Surge’, and by equipping it with the ‘Steel Shell’.” Balls of concentrated water appeared in the ‘Crab Turtle’’s claws, and it’s shell became metallic and studded with long, sharp spikes (2750+200+400=3350).

“Attack,” Sarah commanded, “with Shell Slammer!”

‘Crab Turtle’ jumped up into the air and retracted into it’s shell. It spun through the air and hit ‘Barrel Dragon’, reducing it to scrap (5000+2600-3350=4250).

“Reveal,” said the robot, “Trap card ‘Time Machine’. Activates when a monster is destroyed and returns that monster to the field.” A massive black chamber rose out of the ground in a cloud of smoke. The door to the chamber opened, and a shiny new ‘Barrel Dragon’ emerged (ATK: 2600). It was still weaker than Sarah’s turtle, but it’s effect could be a real problem.

“Begin turn,” said the robot. “Activate ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive the ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’,” the mechanical wolf reappeared, and sacrifice ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’ to summon ‘Blowback Dragon’,”

The wolf disappeared again, and was replaced by a second dragon, this time with a pistol for a head rather than a revolver (ATK: 2300).

“Activate Spell card ‘Second Coin Toss’ and activate the ability of ‘Barrel Dragon’. Result: heads, tails, tails. Activate effect of ‘Second Coin Toss’ to re-toss coin three. Result: heads. Destroy ‘Crab Turtle’.”

‘Barrel Dragon’ fired, and Sarah’s monster was destroyed. She was astonished, “No way!”

“Activate effect of ‘Blowback Dragon’. Flip three coins. Result: heads, heads, tails. Destroy ‘A legendary Ocean’.”

‘Blowback Dragon’ aimed at the undersea city below and fired. There was an explosion, and the city crumbled. The water faded away, and the holograms of Sarah’s field and of Sarah’s ’Tornado Wall’ card shattered.

“Barrel Dragon’ and ‘Blowback Dragon’, direct attack,” the two dragons fired energy beams from their mouths, hitting Sarah dead on. They were holograms, but you could tell that she still felt the diminished impacts of the attacks as her Life Points fell (7750-2600-2300=2850). “End turn.”

Sarah clutched the tabletop ahead of her. She was shaken. This was one intense Duel. She took several deep breaths before finally rising once again to her full height. She drew her card and looked strait at the dragons, and I could tell by the look in her eyes that this duel was over.

“I play,” Sarah said, her voice calm, “the Spell card ‘Acid Rain’.” Rain poured down on the field, and the machine monsters literally melted away. “And now,” Sarah continued, “since I know that if you survive this turn I’ll probably lose, I have no choice but to finish this now. I summon the tentacled plant ‘Lekunga’ and activate it’s special ability. For every two Water monsters that I take out of the Graveyard and remove from play I summon a ‘Lekunga Token’!”

‘Lekunga’ appeared, a one-eyed plant creature with multiple tentacles. Sarah removed six monsters from play and three more slightly smaller ‘Lekungas’ appeared alongside the first (ATK: 1700/ATK of ‘Tokens‘: 700 (each)).

“Activate ‘Terraforming’ to take a Field Spell from my deck,” said Sarah. “And the Spell I choose is, ‘A Legendary Ocean’!”

The water field returned, and the Attack power of the Water Attribute ‘Lekungas’ rose (1700+200=1900/700+200=900). “‘Lekungas’,” Sarah commanded, “attack!” The four monsters extended their tentacles, impacting the robot, scoring multiple hits. My sister turned her back and stepped down as the robot’s Life Points fell to zero.

make way for chapter nine!

[spoiler=Chapter Nine]

John vs. Final Four Deck Four; Deck of Balance

“Bravo, bravo,” said Pegasus. “The Duel Force is victorious again.” He looked right at Sarah, “This duel showed your natural flexibility. You were comfortable in your place, invulnerable. But when you had your security taken away, you were fluid and flexible enough to come out on top anyway. You are three for three.”

Pegasus smiled and looked strait at me, “But the fourth duel will be the hardest yet. As always, the hardest test is yet to come. You have fifteen minutes to make changes to your deck.”

I took my deck from the deck box on my belt. I knew this deck as well as I knew myself. When I started playing Duel Monsters I used an old Dinosaur deck, but it never really felt like me, so I changed to this one about a year later. Funny, I don't remember where I got that other deck from anymore, but I kept it anyway, even though I never use it. My current deck suites me better. It's a part of me. I could tell just from the weight of it that I’d allowed it to get above forty cards again. I considered removing some cards, thinking of ‘Great Maju Garzett’ and all of the trouble it had caused me. But I couldn’t bring myself to remove it. Something told me that that card was special.

“My deck is ready.”

“Excellent! Then if you’ll step up, we’ll get this duel started!”

I nodded at Pegasus and stepped up, inserting my deck into my Duel Disk and plugging my Duel Disk into the Holoarena. Mine and the robot’s Life Points each rose to eight thousand.

“I’ll concede the first turn,” I said when the robot randomly chose me to go first. My tone was strong and serious. I decided at that moment that I would play this duel as if my life depended on it. I would face my opponent with all of my power, all of my soul.

“Begin turn. Draw. Summon ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’ in attack mode.” On the computer’s field appeared a elf swordsman carrying a longsword (ATK: 1400).

“Set one card face-down,” the robot continued. “End turn.”

“Alright then,” I said. “I draw.” I looked at my hand. An Earth monster huh? Okay, I can deal with that, no problem!

“I summon my ‘Koumori Dragon’,” a blackish dragon appeared with an arrowhead-shaped-head, wings, and razor sharp teeth (ATK: 1500). “Next I activate the Field Spell card ‘Mystic Plasma Zone’. This card charges the field with dark energy and raises the power of all Dark monsters on the field (1500+500=2000).”

The area around the Holoarena grew dark and a swirling black cloud appeared overhead. Lightning danced within it.

“Now,” I went on, “I attack with ‘Koumori Dragon’, Dark Dragon Flame!”

Dark flames exploded from the dragon’s mouth and poured over the robot’s elf monster (8000-600=7400). Smoke poured over the robot’s side of the field obscuring my view. When it cleared, ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’ was still there.

“‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’,” the robot said, “is not destroyed by the attacks of monsters with 1900 or more Attack points.”

“Well that would have been nice to know.”

“Begin turn,” the robot said. “Activate the Spell card ‘Brain Control’. Pay 800 Life Points (7400-800=6600) to gain control of ‘Koumori Dragon’ for one turn. Sacrifice ‘Koumori Dragon’ and ‘Obnoxious Celtic Guard’.”

My monster moved to the robot’s field, and both monsters disappeared. “Summon,” the robot continued, “the ‘Dark Magician’.” A man clad in purple leather appeared wearing a leather hood and a purple wizard’s hat and carrying a green staff ending in a gleaming crystal (ATK: 2500+500=3000).

“Attack with ‘Dark Magician’, Dark Magic Attack.” A sphere of dark energy formed at the tip of the wizard’s staff, and he flung it strait at me, hitting me square in the chest (8000-3000=5000).

“End turn.”

I drew. I only had a few more options left against such a powerful monster. Crap! I thought, I saw him play an Earth monster and thought it would be safe to play my Field Spell card. Now my opponent has one of the most powerful Dark monsters under his control benefiting from my card!

I looked over my hand again, and saw an opening. Of course a problem caused by a Spell can be solved by a Spell.

“I begin my turn,” I declared, “with a Spell card, ‘Dark Core’. I discard one card from my hand to open a spatial rift above your monster. He’ll be drawn into the rift and removed from the game.”

‘Dark Magician’ looked up as lightning from the cloud in the sky above him came together in one point. I discarded my ‘Summoned Skull’ and the lightning energy blossomed into a swirling black sphere that drew the ‘Dark Magician’ toward it.

“Activate Spell card,” the robot said, “‘Dedication Through Light and Darkness’, sending ‘Dark Magician’ to the Graveyard to Special Summon ‘Dark Magician of Chaos’,” ‘Dark Magician’ gave way for a black-leather-clad sorcerer carrying a black staff (ATK: 2800+500=3300). “When ‘Dark Magician’ is sent to the Graveyard effect of Spell card ‘Dark Core’ loses it’s target and is negated. Also, when ‘Dark Magician of Chaos’ is summoned one Spell card moves from it’s controller’s Graveyard to it’s controller’s hand.”

“Alright,” I said, “you asked for it. Two cards face-down, and I summon ‘Cannon Soldier’ in defense mode.” ‘Cannon Soldier’, a ten foot tall boxy robot made of purple metal with long green metal claws and a cannon where his head should be appeared ahead of me. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and crouched down to protect me (DEF: 1300-400=900). He was the perfect lure. Now I just hope that the robot takes the bait.

“That’s all,” I said. “I end my turn.”

“Draw card,” said the robot. “Place three cards face-down. Summon ‘Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight’ without sacrifices by his own effect (ATK: 2300+500=2800). Reveal ‘Card of Sanctity’. Both players draw until they hold six cards.”

I drew my cards, Thanks, my hand was getting a little low. I tried to focus on what my opponent’s next move might be, but my thoughts were interrupted by the neighing of the blue-armor-clad ‘Gaia’’s purple steed. ‘Gaia’ scraped his twin lances on the ground noisily before resting them on his shoulders.

“Activate ‘Spiral Spear Strike’,” the robot continued. “While this card is in play, ‘Gaia’ gains a piercing effect. Attack with ‘Gaia’, Spiral Spear Strike.”

‘Gaia’ leapt at me. I stood firm, and smiled wide, “Looks like you fell for it. Activate the Trap card ‘Resistance of the Overwhelmed’!

154661nu5.jpg

My ‘Cannon Soldier’ charged his cannons and fired strait up. The cannon blast spread out and destroyed ‘Gaia’ and the ‘Dark Magician of Chaos’

“Now you and I each take 1000 damage,” I said, positive that I had managed to turn the tides.

“Chain,” the robot said, “the Spell card ‘Magical Magnification’.

154661em4.jpg

tripling the damage you take (6600-1000=5600/5000-3000=2000).

“End turn.”

At first I didn’t even move. Didn’t even breath. Then I gasped. I couldn’t believe it. Everything I’d done during the entire duel had completely backfired. The robot was just plain smarter with a better deck. I summoned a monster, my opponent used my monster to summon his monster. I played a Field card, and my opponent reaped the benefits. I activated a Trap card, and my opponent turned it back against me. And he still had two face-down cards! All I had in my hand was a bunch of Spell cards. One of them could be used with ‘Cannon Soldier’, but then I wouldn’t have anything.

And of course, if my opponent had a way to counter my combo as he had every combo I had used so far, I needed a backup plan. I needed something, anything, that would help.

I closed my eyes and drew a card. I took a deep breath and looked down at my card, and I grinned, Yeah, that’ll do.

“I begin my turn,” I said, “by summoning a second monster, my ‘Jinzo #7’!”

My newest monster, a man-sized robot with a glass dome making up the top of his head, and a white “07” painted on his chest appeared next to ‘Cannon Soldier’ (ATK: 500+500=1000).

“Next I play the Spell card ‘Sword of Dark Destruction’, equipping it to my ‘Jinzo’ and raising his attack by another 400.” A black sword appeared in ‘Jinzo’’s hand (1000+400=1400).

“And because both of my monsters are Machine-type, I’ll also play the Spell card ‘Limiter Removal’. This card doubles the power of my Machines, and then destroys them at the end of the turn (ATK:1900x2=3800/1400x2=2800).”

“And last but not least, just to be prepared, I activate ‘Spell Reproduction’, discarding ‘Dimensionhole’ and ‘Darkness Approaches’ to return a Spell card to my hand from the Graveyard.”

Pegasus leaned forward, placing his hand on his chin thoughtfully. Figured it out did ya? Well then Mr. Pegasus, sit back and enjoy the show!

“‘Cannon Soldier’, attack!”

‘Cannon Soldier’ fired, and his attack was stopped cold.

“Reveal,” the robot said, “‘Call of the Haunted’, reviving the ‘Dark Magician’ from the Graveyard (ATK: 2500+500=3000).”

“Then ‘Cannon Soldier’, attack ‘Dark Magician’.”

‘Cannon Soldier’ fired, and the robot made it’s move. “Reveal the Trap card ‘Spell of Darkness’

154661ds9.jpg

raising the Attack points of the ‘Dark Magician’ by 1000 (3000+1000=4000).”

The blast from my monster’s cannon hit ‘Dark Magician’ who was glowing with a dark light. The attack didn’t effect him at all. He raised his staff, and ‘Cannon Soldier’ was wreathed in the same light and exploded (2000+3800-4000=1800).

I smiled a triumphant smile. “You’ve used up all of your Traps,” I said. “This duel ends right now!

“I attack with ‘Jinzo #7’.” rockets opened in my robot’s back and he shot forward, strait at ‘Dark Magician’. “Activate, from my hand the Spell card ‘Limiter Removal’.” ‘Jinzo’’s power doubled again (2800x2=5600).

“Awesome John!” Tucker said. “Now it's stronger than the robot’s monster!”

“That’s right,” I said, as the ‘Dark Magician’ moved to meet my attack, “and I’m not done.”

Tucker gasped, but Sarah, Jen, and Pegasus had already figured out my move. “Activate,” I commanded, “‘Jinzo’’s special ability, Teleport!”

‘Jingo #7’ disappeared. The air filled the space where he had just been, making a loud pop. I made a fist, and said, “Finish it, Cyber Energy Fist!” It was at that moment that ‘Jinzo’ reappeared behind the ‘Magician’, his fist raised. He punched, hitting the robot with an energized fist (5600-5600=0).

“I believe,” I said, “that that’s the duel!”

My friends cheered, and on the balcony, Pegasus stood and gave me a round of applause. “Amazing,” he said. “A finish that would have been fitting for the King of Games.”

“Wow,” Tucker whispered in my ear, “I think Pegasus just compared you to Yugi!”

I looked right at Pegasus, and he smiled in the curious way that he does.

“Now my young friends, if you would please follow me, we have much to discuss.” Pegasus stood and moved toward the exit to the balcony. “Please, meet me in the room at the end of the hall. What I have to tell you will change your worlds forever, you just have to decide how.”

He walked out, and the robot and the Holoarena rose up to the ceiling. The walkway extended out, connecting to the walkway at the opposite side. The door ahead of us opened, and we stepped forward, moving closer and closer to our unavoidable destiny.

CHAPTER TEN!!!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Ten]

Legend of the Duelist

My team and I walked through the doorway and made our way down the long castle corridor. We walked along at a relatively slow pace for several minutes. The sheer grandeur of the place was almost overwhelming. We walked until we came to an open door among dozens of closed ones. “Come on guys,” I said. We filed inside and looked around.

“Whoa!” Tucker exclaimed at the sight before us.

“Yeah,” I said, “I know what you mean.” We stood before a room lined with shelves that all were are covered in Egyptian artifacts. The long table in the center of the room was covered in scrolls and documents and photographs of Egyptian tablets.

“Welcome,” said Pegasus, who was standing at the opposite end of the table, “to one of my many research rooms. You children may or may not know that the game of Duel Monsters is actually based on an ancient form of Egyptian combat known as shadow games. Shadow games were played using magic, and a Shadow Game can be anything from a way to settle a bet, to a way to destroy your enemies very soul. The power of a Shadow Game is decided by the intensions of those participating.”

He paused, sat down in an office-style chair, leaned back, and continued. “Since the start of the Shadow Games, the most intense were always the ones played between sorcerers with the power to summon powerful monsters from another realm. These sorcerers walked this earth as long ago as 10,000 years ago, and as recent as 3000 years ago, and Shadow Games have been given various names depending on where they were played.

“All of this is important, but it is not why I invited you here today. You are here because, while looking for new creatures for my game I stumbled across a story, or legend if you will, that effects us, and everyone else in this world.”

Pegasus stood again and turned, looking at a large picture on the wall of an Egyptian tablet. “This,” said Pegasus, “Is a tablet that tells the story of a man who lived 3000 years ago in Egypt. A man who’s vast dark side lead him to be cursed and forgotten by memory and history, only to return in modern times when his dark side would return to try again to claim the power he once sought. In fact, the curse was so strong that the man who carved this tablet died soon after from the strain of remembering for as long as it took to carve. He literally gave everything that he was to complete it. I have to leave reminders to myself, or the knowledge will slip away from me as well.”

“So,” said Tucker, “if this is all true, won’t we just forget it too?”

“No,” Pegasus answered. “Duelist from your generation and all generations that will follow will not feel the effects of the curse, for the time of the man’s return is soon. Now allow me to continue.

“The man, known only as The Forgotten Duelist, for he has no name, was the bearer of a strange artifact of still-unknown origin. A spherical crystal pedant called the Duelist’s Soul. When his dark side, known as Blackheart, appeared, it had a Soul of its own, but it did not have the control that its light side had. It fought The Duelist for his life force so that it could gain control of the Soul’s power and enslave three particular creatures, who’s names are not mentioned, though I suspect they were the legendary Egyptian God Monsters themselves.”

I inhaled sharply, surprised. I still wasn't sure if I believed what Pegasus was saying, but if he was telling the truth, then his statement meant two things. One, the Egyptian God Monsters were real, living creatures, with powers as substantial as the cards themselves. And two, whoever this Blackheart was, he was strong enough to control those powers.

Pegasus turned back toward us and went on. “In order to face Blackheart the next time it appeared, The Duelist broke the Soul down into the Twelve Duelist’s Souls and sealed them away in a ruin called the Burial of the Soul. It is written here that four Duelists of modern times will realize their power and release their Souls and the Souls of eight other Duelists from the Burial. Shortly after, these four, particularly the one who is their leader," he looked right at me, "will meet, and then bring together, the other eight Soul barriers, uniting the Souls once again. These twelve Duelists will then combine their strength to revive the spirit of The Duelist, stronger than ever! You, my young friends, are the four modern Duelists from the prophesy. Now, the entire world needs you.

“A powerful organization of young Duelists known as the Duelists of the Order of the Divine Cards have been collecting a vast amount of powerful magical items known as Shadow Items, but whatever their goals are, the power of the Shadow Items is not sufficient. They have discovered the existence of the Souls and want them for themselves. Whoever leads the Duelists of the Order has the power to influence the minds of Duelists. He has sent three of his strongest followers to Egypt to find the Souls themselves. You must not let them gain possession of the Twelve Souls. If they do, they will become powerful enough to openly threaten the world!”

“Are you serious?” Tucker asked, looking at Pegasus like he was crazy. “Magic and monsters and crystal Souls! Are you nuts?!”

“No, he‘s not” said Jen. She had the same look on her face that she had had during her duel. Anyone who knew the way her reasoning worked would trust her. Anyone, except for Tucker.

“Come on guys,” he said, “you don’t really believe this do you?” He looked at me, “John?”

“I don’t know bro,” I said, “but if he is telling the truth, not doing anything could cause people to get hurt. We can’t just dismiss this.” Tucker looked to Sarah. “I have to agree,” she said.

Tucker looked annoyed, but finally he turned to Pegasus and said, “Fine. If john says he believes this crap, then I guess so do I. Hurry up and tell us what to do.”

That night I lay awake in bed in one of the many guest suits within Pegasus’ castle, too anxious to sleep. All I could do was replay Pegasus’ instructions again and again in my head.

“Tomorrow,” Pegasus had said, “my personal assistant will lead the four of you to my private helicopter, parked on the castle roof. You will take the helicopter to the mainland where you will take a taxi to Domino City Airport and catch a luxury passenger jet to Egypt. The jet will take you to Cairo where you will use the rather extensive funds with which you will be provided to hire a guide to take you to the Burial of the Soul. Finding this guide, however, will be entirely up to you. I won’t lie to you Duel Force. This task will be difficult and likely dangerous. It would not be impossible for you to lose your lives. Do you still wish to go?”

“We’ll go,” I had replied, without a moment’s hesitation.

Pegasus smiled, “Excellent.”

I really hope you’re wrong about all of this, Pegasus, I thought. I don’t know if I’m cut out to be a hero.

It wasn’t too much longer before I finally managed to drift off to sleep.

I was woken the next morning by an elderly man with ashen gray hair and a think mustache. “You must be Pegasus’ assistant,” I said. The man bowed slightly.

“Yes sir,” he replied, “Croquet, at your service.”

I followed the man through the corridors. We stopped by the rooms occupied by each of my teammates, waking them as well. As we made our way toward the roof, while my friends were marveling at the lush and extravagant castle interior, I pondered Pegasus’ words. Pegasus was a childish man. How much of what he said could really be taken seriously? Then it hit me. Croquet was Pegasus’ personal assistant. He’d probably known Pegasus for years. So I asked him, “Hey, Croquet, how much of what Pegasus says can be taken seriously?”

The older man chuckled, “You obviously noticed Mr. Pegasus’ rather whimsical nature. I assure you that if Mr. Pegasus says he is serious he is, and when he speaks, he chooses every word very carefully.”

I nodded, just as we came to a door labeled “Stairs to Roof”. “Will you be alright from here?” Croquet asked.

“Yep,” I answered, “thanks.”

“Think nothing of it. Now, before we part, I was asked by Mr. Pegasus to give you this.” He handed me a Spell card, completely devoid of text, or even an image.

“According to Mr. Pegasus this blank card will be able to capture your inner magic and use it to open the Burial of the Soul. He also said that you should guard this card at all costs. If you enemies were to get their hands on it, they might be able to use it for themselves.”

“I’ll keep an eye on it,” I said. “Tell Pegasus that it's in good hands. And thanks again.”

Croquet bowed again, ever so slightly, and I stepped past him, throwing open the door and crossing the threshold that would lead to the next part of our journey.

next chapter the Duel Force meets members of the elusive Duelists of the Order who were chosen specifically to face them. one of MY favorites, and i hope it will be one of yours too. it will be up tomorrow. for now here is one of many bonus character profiles: Tucker!

[spoiler=Character Profile #4]

Name: Paul "Pyro" Tucker

Deck Type: Spirit Fire

Shadow Item: Soul of Fire

Favorite Card: Mr. Volcano

Soul Card: Legendary Flame Lord

Description: Red hair, green eyes. John's best friend. Known as "Pyro" by his acquaintances, but as "Tucker" by his friends. He is hotheaded and often acts and speaks without thinking. He was once a bully, a lifestyle brought about by an emotionally abusive home life, until John helped him out of a bad situation. Now he channels his anger and frustration with life into games. He duels on the fly, pouring his whole self into each move until it is almost like he is fighting alongside his monsters. He is a skilled street fighter.

here is another new chapter. Duel Force vs. three of the strongest members of the Duelists of the Order, part one ;)

[spoiler=Chapter Eleven]

Enter the Duelists of the Order

After a long and boring helicopter ride, my team and I arrived at the Domino City Airport. We were directed quickly through one of the gates, which took us outside. We were on our way to board the jet that Pegasus had chartered for us when we were cut off by three kids about my age. Two boys, and one very attractive girl.

“Who are you?” I asked. The girl brushed her long brown hair out of her blank dark brown eyes and answered.

“We,” she said, placing her hands on her hips, “are the Duelists of the Order of the Divine Cards, and we’re here to talk. We don’t want to hurt you, but if you insist on going after the Souls, we will. So turn back while you can.”

“Pegasus told us about you,” I said. “You should know, I won’t let three kids intimidate us. My friend Tucker and I can easily take you.”

The girl laughed, “Sorry, but that’s hilarious. We aren’t here to fight you. We’re here to duel you in a Shadow Game!”

“And how exactly is dueling supposed to kill us,” Tucker asked, disbelievingly.

“We borrowed some of our master’s power,” said the taller of the two boys, a kid with short light brown hair and yellow eyes.

“Now,” said the other boy, who had spiky brown hair, “we have the ability to cause someone real harm through dueling.”

“Then you’ll have to cause us ‘real harm’,” I said, “because the Duel Force isn’t going to back down.”

The girl’s eyes flashed to life for the briefest second, and I could have almost sworn I saw pain in her eyes. But then she regained her composure and activated her Duel Disk, facing me down. The spiky-haired boy stepped off to the side and faced Sarah. The other boy stepped off in the other direction and faced Jen and Tucker. Instantly the air became charged with the competitive energy of seven Duelists.

“Allow me to introduce myself,” said the girl. “I am Karen, and I think I’ll move first.” Karen drew her first cards and made her first move.

“I begin,” she declared, “with a Spell card, ‘Mirage of Nightmare’. During your next Standby Phase I draw until I have four cards in my hand. Next I place four cards face-down and summon my ‘Toon Alligator’ in defense mode.” A small lizard in cartoon style appeared, wielding an axe (DEF: 1600). “Now I end my turn, and when you draw, I draw four cards.”

I drew, and I made my move. “I summon,” I said, “the goblin brute, ‘Giant Orc’! This giant goblin will tear right through your lizard. Club Slam Attack!”

‘Giant Orc’, a twelve foot tall gray skinned goblin carrying a club appeared, and ran forward to try and crush Karen’s monster (ATK: 2200). He raised his club, but his swing was interrupted by the appearance of an amorphous gray blob. He stepped back as the blob changed shape, becoming a copy of ‘Giant Orc’.

“What is that thing?” I demanded.

“That,” said Karen, "is my Trap, ‘Physical Double’. It copies your monster until the end of the turn by summoning a ‘Mirage Token’ (ATK: 2200). Now I activate ‘Staunch Defender’, making sure that you still attack me. ‘Staunch Defender’ forces any monsters you control to attack a monster of my choice, and I choose my ‘Mirage’ monster.”

“Fine,” I said, “‘Giant Orc’, you know what to do.” My ‘Orc’ ran at the identical opponent and raised his club. But before he could strike, the ‘Mirage Token’ held it’s club forward like a battering ram and charged at a reckless speed, plowing it’s club into ‘Giant Orc’’s abdomen.

“I reveal,” Karen declared, “the Spell card ‘Rush Recklessly’, raising my ‘Token’’s Attack by 700 (ATK: 2900).” The duplicate ‘Orc’ killed mine, and then turned to gray goo and melted into the ground (LP: 8000-700=7300).

“Okay then,” I said, “I end my turn, your move.”

Sarah

“My name,” my opponent said, “is Montgomery Williams, but you can call me Monty. I feel I should warn you, you have no chance against my deck.”

“Whatever,” I said. “Since you’re too busy being full of yourself, I’ll go first.”

I drew my opening hand and looked over my options. Excellent.

“I summon,” I declared, “the mighty ‘Sinister Serpent’, defense mode.” The winged snake appeared just in front of me (DEF:300). “Next I activate the Spell card ‘The Dark Door’. As long as this Continuous Spell is on the field we can each only attack with one monster per turn.

“I also,” I said, selecting another card, “place one card face-down. End turn.”

“I draw,” Monty said, “and now I activate my ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying any Spell or Trap card. I choose your face-down card,” A burst of wind shredded the hologram of my ‘Torrential Tribute’. “Next, summon ‘Breaker the Magical Warrior’, attack mode. When he is first summoned he gains a spell counter that raises his attack points by 300.” A spellcaster in red and gold armor appeared and drew his sword. An aura appeared around him (ATK:1600+300=1900). “‘Breaker‘, attack, Magical Slash.”

‘Breaker’ slashed, cleaving my serpent in half.

“Too bad that your attack didn’t matter,” I said, smiling smugly. “When I draw, my ‘Sinister Serpent’ will return to my hand and I can summon him again. And since you can only attack once per turn, I can-.”

“You can keep summoning him again and again as a defensive wall until you draw a card that you can use to win the duel.”

My smile disappeared, “Don’t think that because you figured it out that you’ll be able to beat my combo. I already have this duel in the bag. I re-summon my ‘Serpent’, defense mode again (DEF: 300) and end my turn.”

“I have to congratulate you,” Monty said. “Your move is good and shows great potential. Your deck is very balanced. But it's not enough. I remove the spell counter from my ‘Breaker’ to destroy ‘Dark Door’ Spell.” ‘Breaker’’s aura faded (1900-300=1600) and he slashed with his sword, slicing the hologram of my spell card apart.

“Now I summon my ‘Apprentice Magician’, using his ability to restore ‘Breaker’’s counter,” ‘Breaker’ regained his aura (1600+300=1900).

“Now my ‘Apprentice Magician’ attacks, Unlearned Spell.” The ‘Apprentice Magician’, a young man carrying a wand staff similar to ‘Dark Magician’’s, raised his staff and blew ‘Sinister Serpent’ apart. “Now,” Monty went on, “I attack with ‘Breaker’, Magical Slash (LP: 8000-1900=6100)!”

Jen

Tucker and I would face the taller kid. “So who are you,” I asked.

“I’m Lawrence,” he replied, “and I’m the most powerful Duelist that you’ve ever met.”

Lawrence drew a card, “My move. I begin with the monster card ‘Cave Dragon’.” a bulky green wingless dragon appeared (ATK: 2000).

“Next I place two cards face-down and end my turn.”

“I’ll go next,” said Tucker. “I start out with my ‘Fireyarou’, equipped with the Spell card ‘Salamandra’, raising his Attack by 700.” The ‘Fireyarou’ was surrounded by a flame in the shape of a serpentine dragon (ATK: 1300+700=2000).

“End turn.”

“And I begin my turn,” I said. “I start out with ‘Arsenal Bug’, a monster that loses 1000 Attack points if it is the only insect that I control (2000-1000=1000). Next I play ‘Multiplication of Insects’,

154661wn2.jpg letting me split my ‘Arsenal Bug’ into two ‘Arsenal Bug Tokens’ with half the Attack and DEF each.” ‘Arsenal Bug’ split into two identical bugs (DEF: 500 (each)).

“Next I activate ‘Premature Burial’, giving up 800 Life Points (LP: 8000-800=7200) to revive ‘Arsenal Bug’ and equip it with this card. When this card is destroyed, my ‘Arsenal Bug’ goes with it.” The original monster appeared alongside the slightly smaller duplicates (ATK: 2000). “My insect matches your dragon point for point.”

“It's not like it matters,” said Lawrence, confidently, sounding smug, “because all I have to do to win is exploit the many weaknesses of your combos. I begin by Summoning ‘Luster Dragon‘, in attack mode,” a blue-skinned dragon with tattered-looking wings appeared (ATK: 1900). “Now I reveal ‘Dust Tornado’, destroying the equip Spell ‘Salamandra’, reducing ‘Fireyarou’’s Attack (2000-700=1300), and I activate the Spell card ‘Stamping Destruction’, destroying ‘Premature Burial’ and dealing the owner 500 Points of damage.” A gust of wind blew the dragon-shaped flame away from ‘Fireyarou’, and my more powerful insect disappeared (7200-500=6700).

“Attack ‘Fireyarou’ with ‘Cave Dragon’,” Lawrence commanded, “Giant Tail Slam!” The ‘Cave Dragon’ swung his tail, crushing ‘Fireyarou’ (LP: 8000-700=7300), “and I attack ‘Arsenal Bug Token’ with Sapphire Flame!” The ‘Luster Dragon’ breathed flames on my ‘Token’. I lost my monster, but my Life Points were safe.

“Now,” Lawrence said, yawning, “hurry up and take your turns. I want to finish this thing up before I get too bored.”

[spoiler=Character Profile #5]

Name: Karen

Deck Type: Imaginative Power (Original); Creative Control (Final)

Shadow Item: Magic Borrowed from the Leader of the Order (Book One); Soul of Imagination (Book Two and Onward)

Favorite Card: Dark Magician Girl

Soul Card: Allure Queen (All Levels)

Description: Brown hair and caramel brown eyes. Karen is an attractive girl who is one of many Duelists who were invited to join the Duelists of the Order when their parents were killed in accidents or unfortunate circumstances. By tapping into the pain of these Duelists the mysterious leader of the Order manipulated their minds. Now these Duelists, Karen among them, fight for him. She was taught much about dueling by legendary game designer Maxamillion Pegasus, who gave her most of the cards that make up her deck, Imaginative Power. She is able to read her opponent's style without seeing any of their cards by reading their personality through their mannerisms and behavior. She often has traps set for her opponent as many as two or three turns in advance.

Archived