Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

also, another little tidbit. later on in my fanfic, the Egyptian Gods appear and are used in a few duels. since the effects of the gods are not really 100% hammered down, i made a few modifications to some of their effects to make them more stable, but in some ways a bit less broken:

Obelisk the Tormentor: obelisks infinite attack ability god power max can only be activated using the method from the movie, sacrificing the other two gods. sacrificing any two monsters to gain infinite attack is too broken. i also used the name "Titan Firestorm". why? because i like it. it sounds cool!

Ra: no real changes. since he never actually duels another god i never mention that he is resistant to the effects of the other gods. he is also the one used least, so we don't see his abilities much

Osiris: many changes because, in all honestly i think osiris has the most broken effect. i made summon lightning shot only drain 2000 from whatever mode the target is in, and i also had it have to actually reduce the atk/def by at least one to destroy the monster, so a monster with zero atk/def (depending on the mode) will survive. this way it is more possible to keep monsters on the field face-up and use their effects and stuff.

the gods don't appear for a long time, but i wanted to get this part taken care of before i forgot.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just wait for the next chapter. the conclusion of the duel with the order is one that you could never have expected.

plus, a new character profile will be added each time i update until all introduced characters have been addressed, and a new profile for each newly introduced character will be added as soon as the character makes their first appearance.

CHAPTER TWELVE IS UP!!

[spoiler=Chapter Twelve]

An Overwhelming Power

John

“After my turn ends,” I said to Karen, “you have to discard every card you just drew as a result of ‘Mirage of Nightmare’’s effect.”

“Not if I activate ‘Emergency Provisions’ to send my ‘Mirage of Nightmare’ to the Graveyard to gain 1000 Life Points (LP: 8000+1000). Next, I draw, and I activate ‘Toon World’!”

What?!

“At the cost of 1000 Life Points (9000-1000=8000) I open the door to the magical realm from which Toon Duel Monsters are summoned. I summon ‘Toon Mermaid’ in a Toon Summon.”

A green book appeared and fell open. A cloud of green smoke erupted from the pages, clearing quickly to reveal a cartoon mermaid laying inside a clam shell, carrying a bow (ATK: 1400). And I’ll sacrifice ‘Toon Alligator’ to Toon Summon the ‘Toon Summoned Skull’!” The small lizard was engulfed in pink smoke and pulled into the book. The pages turned to ones depicting a popup of a dark town. From the pages emerged a cartoon of a skeletal fiend, snarling wickedly at me (ATK: 2500).

“Toon Monsters cannot attack in the turn that they are summoned,” said Karen, “so I’ll set a card and end my turn. But be warned, I won’t go so easy next turn.”

“I never expected you to,” I replied, trying to hide the shock I felt at the sight of the forbidden card, ‘Toon World’. “Now if you don’t mind, its my move.”

Sarah

Crap! I thought as ‘Breaker’ finished his attack. My opponent had easily overcome my Infinite Serpent Wall, and he still had a counter, which would allow him to break the next card I set as well. For any of my combos to be effective, I would have to destroy ‘Breaker’ now. Problem was, I couldn’t do it with my current hand.

“I draw,” I said, “and then I move my ‘Sinister Serpent’ back to my hand. Summon, ‘Sinister Serpent’, attack mode (ATK: 200). Activate ‘Big Wave Small Wave’. This card lets me destroy every Water monster that I control in order to Special Summon the same number of Water monsters from my hand. So say goodbye to ‘Sinister Serpent’ and hello to ‘Giga Gagagigo’!”

The serpent was washed away and was replaced by the armored lizard ‘Giga Gagagigo’ (ATK: 2450). Without ever waiting for my command the ferocious reptile warrior charged forward and slashed ‘Breaker’ to ribbons with his claws. I watched with my arms crossed, my smile having finally returned.

‘Gagagigo’ made his way back to me far less enthusiastically than when he had attacked, and I continued my turn. “Now, finally, since my Spell and Trap zone is safe from attack, I set a card. Hit me with your best shot!”

Jen

After Lawrence’s move, Tucker and I had very few cards left to play. Tucker drew for his turn and said, “I start things off with the wall monster ‘Charcoal Inpachi’, defense mode.” A massive tree man appeared behind Tucker, slouched over so that his huge arms wrapped loosely around Tucker, protecting him from harm (DEF: 2100). “Now I place a card face-down,” Tucker said, “and end my turn.”

“I draw, and I summon my ‘Skull-Mark Ladybug’,” I declared. A large beetle appeared with a skull and crossbones on its back (DEF: 1200). “When ‘Skull-Mark Ladybug’ goes to the Graveyard I gain 1000 Life Points.”

Lawrence sighed. He hadn’t been goading us. He really did find our dueling boring! “I start out my turn with ‘Graceful Charity’,” He said, drawing three cards and then discarding two. “Activate ‘Premature Burial‘, summoning the discarded ‘Kiryu’ to the field from the Graveyard at a cost of 800 Life Points (LP: 8000-800=7200).”

A red dragon with broad wings appeared and let out a roar.

“Activate,” Lawrence continued, “the Spell ‘A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon’ returning the level five ‘Kiryu’ to my hand to destroy all Spell and Trap cards on the field.” The red dragon flapped its wings, rising abruptly into the air, destroying our cards, and then disappeared back into Lawrence’s hand.

“Now, the deciding move. Summon ‘Lord of Dragons’,” a man appeared, wearing a dragon skull helm and breastplate as well as a flowing cape (ATK: 1200). “Activate ‘Flute of Summoning Dragon. My lord plays the golden flute to call two dragons from my hand into battle; ‘Kiryu’ and the emerald-skinned ‘Luster Dragon #2’ (ATK: 2000/ATK: 2400)!

“Now attack ‘Ladybug’ and ‘Arsenal Token’ with ‘Luster Dragon’ and ‘Lord of dragons’,” my monsters were incinerated (6700+1000=7700), “and attack ‘Charcoal Inpachi’ with ‘Luster Dragon #2’,” Tucker’s monster had a hole blown through it’s chest and it crumbled to bits. “And I attack with ‘Kiryu’ and ‘Cave Dragon’ (7700-2000=5700/7300-2000=5300), ending my turn.”

The dragons’ attacks hit me and Tucker, and I noticed something; the attacks hurt! For real! I almost fell over. I looked over at Tucker, and I saw that he was straining to keep the pain from reaching his face. That was the first time that I really considered that we were fighting for our lives!

John

“Draw!” I said. “Special Summon my favorite monster, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’, and set a monster in defense mode! Attack the ‘Mermaid’, Megacyber Impact!” My yellow warrior summoned energy into his fist and charged, but was cut off by the activation of a Trap.

“Reveal,” said Karen, “the Trap card ‘Woboku’.” Three blue-robed priests appeared between ‘Megacyber’ and his target, raising a barrier that protected the ‘Mermaid’.

“End turn,” I said. Come on, show me what powers those Toons have so I can figure out how to win!

“I draw,” said Karen, “and pay 500 Life Points (8000-500=7500) to attack ‘Fiend Megacyber’ with ‘Toon Summoned Skull’.” The cartoon fiend swept with his claws and lightning rained down from the sky, vaporizing my monster.

“And another 500 Life Points (7500-500=7000) to attack directly with ‘Toon Mermaid’, Animated Archery!” The ‘Mermaid’ shot her arrow, hitting me in the chest, near my heart, and I thought I would die. The impact point felt like I had just been hit by a baseball thrown at one hundred miles per hour! These kids were right, the loser of this duel could easily get hurt, or even die (7000-1400=5600)!

“Next I summon my ‘Des Kangaroo’,” a kangaroo wearing a vest and boxing gloves appeared, “and sacrifice him and ‘Toon Mermaid’ for the strongest Toon monster, ‘Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon’!”

A cartoon of the legendary white-skinned, blue-eyed dragon appeared, and winked at me mischievously with one huge round eye (ATK: 3000). Karen had two incredibly strong monsters out on the field, and I still hadn’t found their weakness!

Sarah

“You really want my best, Water Duelist?”

“Duh. What’s the point of taking somebody on if they don’t give you their best?”

And I saw it. For just a second, Monty’s mostly blank eyes lit up, like something I had said broke through some outer shell and reached the real Monty deep inside.

“You’re strong,” said Monty. “Almost worthy. Maybe someday. But I’m afraid that you don’t have what it takes to beat me yet. Activate ‘Magical Dimension’, sending my ‘Apprentice Magician’ to the Graveyard to destroy one monster, and to summon the ‘Dark Magician’!”

A metal frame appeared, suspending a human-shaped box within it by a series of chains. ‘Apprentice Magician’ stepped into the box and the lid swung closed. Moments later it opened again, revealing the legendary Spellcaster, the purple-clad ‘Dark Magician’ (ATK: 2500). He aimed with his staff and my ‘Giga Gagagigo’ was destroyed. Things looked bad, but I was ready. I smiled confidently and glanced down at my face-down trap.

“Next, before I attack I play the Spell card ‘Dark Magic Attack’. This lets my magician launch an attack against your Spell and Trap Card Zone and destroy everything in it.”

As the ‘Magician’’s blast reduced my cards to bits I cried out, “No! They were all I had left!”

“Activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting both of us draw until we hold six cards. If I draw the right cards, it's over now.”

He drew his cards, and I drew mine. Monty looked over his new hand and continued where he left off. “I activate ‘Monster Reborn’ to summon ‘Breaker’ back from the Graveyard (ATK: 1600). Set three cards and equip ‘Dark Magician’ with the Spell card ‘Mage Power’, raising the Attack of ‘Dark Magician’ by 500 for every Spell or Trap card that I control.

“‘Breaker’, attack, Magical Slash!”

The mage warrior swung his sword and I felt like I had been cut, though there was no real wound. The edges of my vision grew dark (6100-1600=4500).

“‘Dark Magician’, (2500+2000=4500) finish it, Dark Magic Attack!” The wizard summoned a massive amount of energy into his staff and released it all at once. The last thing I remember is a large flash, and then everything went dark.

(4500-4500=0)

Jen

“My turn,” said Tucker, as he drew his next card, “and I begin with ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards. Next I play ‘Graceful Charity’, drawing three cards and discarding two. Get ready Lawrence, because this is the move that will turn it all around.

“Activate ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive the discarded ‘Flame Ruler’, and sacrifice him, activating his effect, to summon my strongest card!”

The flame warrior appeared, and disappeared, and was replaced by a bronze dragon with huge sharp claws, broad sweeping wings, horns, and a crystal in his forehead.

“Time to fight dragons with a dragon of my own. Summon ‘Tyrant Dragon’!”

The dragon roared at the utterance of his name (ATK: 2900). I stared, amazed at the sight before me. Aside from the ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’, the ‘Tyrant Dragon was the strongest non-Fusion dragon in the game to date!

“Oh wow, Tuck! Where’d you get that?”

“From Pegasus. I went to find a bathroom last night, and I stumbled into a room with a bunch of cards displayed on the wall. A trophy room type of deal. This one caught my eye. So I asked Pegasus about the card, and he said it was a perfect fit for me and that I could have it!

“Now check it out! This monster is gonna save us here. Attack ‘Lord of Dragons’, Tyrant Burst!”

The ‘Lord of Dragons’ was completely blown away (7200+1200-2900=5500). “And because you still control one or more monsters,” Tucker went on, “I can attack one more time, Tyrant Burst!”

The dragon attacked again, this time targeting ‘Luster Dragon #2’. ‘Luster Dragon’ lasted less that an instant (5500+2400-2900=5000).

“End my turn.”

I was inspired. “Draw!” Tucker’s play and the energy behind it had the potential to be game breaking. I just had to keep that energy flowing.

“For my move I summon ‘Pinch Hopper’, and I activate ‘Multiplication of Ants’, sending ‘Hopper to the Graveyard to summon two ‘Army Ant Tokens’.” my ‘Hopper’ faded away, and he was replaced by two giant ants as big as large dogs (DEF: 1200 (each)).

“Next, because my ‘Hopper’ went to the Graveyard, I can summon any insect from my hand. Summon, ‘Insect Queen’!” A huge insect with a vaguely human torso atop a massive abdominal segment, with huge arms and four long, strong insect legs (ATK: 2200+(200xNumber of Insects on Field (3))=2800).

“Now,” I continued, “I Activate two Spell cards, ‘Promotion’

154661go7.jpg and ‘Insect Imitation’. ‘Promotion’ raises the level of my ‘Army Ant Token’ to five, letting me sacrifice it for the effect of ‘Insect Imitation’ and summon a level six monster.”

‘Ant Token’ was encased in a huge egg-like sack. The egg tore open, and the frilly necked mantis emerged, “Summon, ‘Empress Mantis’ (ATK: 2200)! Now I activate another Spell card, ‘Offerings to the Doomed’! I give up my next Draw Phase to destroy ‘Cave Dragon’.” The ground broke open beneath the dragon and aged bandages rose up out of the ground and wrapped the dragon, pulling him down into the ground, which closed behind him.

“‘Empress Mantis’, attack ‘Luster Dragon’ with Royal Insect Blade!” The mantis slashed, and the dragon fell (5000+1900-2200=4700).

“Sacrifice ‘Army Ant Token’,” I declared, as the second ant disappeared, “to attack with ‘Insect Queen’ (ATK: 2800-200=2600) against ‘Kiryu’, Acid Stream!”

‘Insect Queen’ spewed a stream of acid at the red dragon, and it melted into slag (4700+2000-2600=4100).

It was all over for Lawrence. He had no monsters, and Tucker and I each had our rarest cards on the field. It didn’t matter what he did. He couldn’t win.

“I end my turn.”

Lawrence drew, and when he saw his newest card, he broke out in a fit of maniacal laughter. “Do you think I’m done?!” he demanded. “Well, you haven’t even seen a fraction of my power. Activate ‘Card of Sanctity’, letting me draw six new cards!”

Lawrence drew, smiling wickedly. “Just what I needed. I activate ‘Trade In’, discarding one high level monster to draw two more cards. Followed by ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive the discarded monster. I summon the dragon of light, the engine of destruction, ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’!”

“No way,” said Tucker, fear filling his eyes. “There are only a few ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragons’ in the world. The original set held by Kaiba Corp. President Seto Kaiba, and the rest, various promos and championship prizes, in the possession of various collectors across the globe! You can’t have one!”

But despite the clear improbability of it, in a flash of white light the legendary dragon emerged, letting loose it’s signature roar (ATK: 3000).

“Activate ‘Burst Stream of Destruction’. My ‘Blue-Eyes’ on the field at the time of activation cannot attack this turn, but in exchange, he gains the power to destroy every monster controlled by the opposing player or players!”

‘Blue-Eyes’ inhaled, and then exhaled a stream of light, mowing mine and Tucker’s monsters down before our very eyes.

“Now for another Spell,” Lawrence said. “You’re surprised that I have one ‘Blue-Eyes’? Well what about three! That’s right, my Spell is ‘Polymerization’! I use it to fuse the ‘Blue-Eyes’ on the field with the two in my hand to form the three-headed ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’!”

Two more ‘Blue-Eyes’ appeared and the three monsters merged into one, a three-headed version of the same. The three heads roared first at each other, and then more loudly at Tucker and I. It was just itching to attack (ATK: 4500).

“Now to end it, Ultimate Burst!” Converging beams from the three mouths hit me dead on. The impact was huge. I coughed once and tasted blood (6200-4500=1700).

“Activate ‘De-Fusion’,” Lawrence said, “breaking my dragon down into three separate monsters!” The massive dragon separated, and the three ‘Blue-Eyes’ roared (ATK: 3000 (each)).

“End it!” Lawrence commanded, and the dragons fired their attacks, two against Tucker, and one against me (5300-3000-3000=0/1700-3000=0).

I saw Tucker fall to the ground, just before I faded into unconsciousness.

John

I stood facing my opponent, aware that my friends had fallen. I was in a tough spot, but I refused to back down. Win or lose, I would see this duel through to the end.

“To end my turn,” Karen said, “I place one card.”

“Good, that means I can start turning this game around.” I drew, “Activate ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards. Next I activate ‘Soul Release’, combining it with the Continuous Spell card ‘Soul Absorption’. I remove five cards in my Graveyard from play and gain 500 Life Points per card (LP: 5600+(500x5)=8100). Next I Flip-Summon my ‘Gren Maju Da Eiza’, a fiend who’s base Attack always equals the number of cards that I have removed from play multiplied by 400.” A red fiend with a centipede-like body from the waste down appeared. From the waste up, he looked a lot like ’Great Maju Garzett’ (ATK: 400x5=2000).

“Sacrifice ‘Gren Maju Da Eiza’ to summon ‘Great Maju Garzett’, who’s Attack is equal to twice the Attack of the sacrificed monster’s base attack!” ‘Gren Maju’ dissolved into smoke that reformed into the huge skeletal fiend (ATK: 4000).

“Attack the ‘Toon Blue-Eyes’ with Vile Energy!” The fiend discharged his attack, trying to destroy the comical foe. But once again, my opponent was ready.

“Activate ‘Absolute End’,” Karen said, “causing your attack to bypass my monster and hit me directly.” The ‘Toon Dragon’ flexed around the beam, and it hit Karen in the chest (7000-4000=3000).

“Eh, you’ll get no complaints from me on that one,” I said. “End my turn. Make your last move.”

Karen drew and said, “You’re right, this is my last move, but not for the reasons you think. I’m ending this duel, not you. Spell card, ‘Megamorph’, doubling the attack of one monster that I control if my Life Points are lower than my opponent’s.” A glowing ring appeared on the ground beneath the ‘Toon Dragon’ and he flexed his muscles. The exploded out like mini volcanoes (3000x2=6000).

“You were planning this from the start of the duel,” I said, “weren’t you?”

“Since the first card was played,” Karen answered, arrogantly. “’Toon Skull’, attack directly with Lightning Strike!” a bolt of lightning struck me from above (Karen: 3000-500=2500/Me: 8100-2500=5600).

“Finish him, Burst Stream!” The Toon attacked (Karen: 2500-500=2000), bypassing my monster and hitting me directly. I couldn’t believe it. I had been defeated. It was all over. My team and I had fallen. The last thing I saw was the members of the Order walking away.

Then the world went black.

(5600-6000=0).

*PLUS* Character Profile: Lawrence

[spoiler=Character Profile #7]

Name: Peter Lawrence

Deck Type: Infinite Power

Shadow Item: Magic borrowed from the leader of the Order (Book One); Soul of Power (Book Two and Onward)

Favorite Card: Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Soul Card: Felgrand Dragon

Description: Light brown hair and yellow eyes. Lawrence lost his parents when he was very young. He moved from foster home to foster home and never really learned to be open with others. The only person he ever forged a real connection with is his best friend Monty. He is rude and abrasive, but only as a facade to keep others at a distance so that they cannot hurt him the way that his parents did when they left him alone. When he was young, he started playing Duel Monsters as a way to make himself feel stronger, catching the eye of Seto Kaiba, who gave him three copies of the ultra rare Blue-Eyes White Dragon; two Convention Promotional Cards, and one US National Championship Promo. He duels by overwhelming his opponent with many high attack monsters.

chapter thirteen is up people. did the duel force survive their encounter with the order? read to find out!

[spoiler=Chapter Thirteen]

Search for a Guide

I was awoken by a very concerned co-pilot. She was in her forties with short gray-brown hair and wore the logo for the chartered plane‘s airline on her uniform. After checking myself to make sure I really was alive, and checking that my friends were also more or less okay, though shaken up, I assured her that we were okay, and she lead us to the plane.

We boarded up a set of moving stairs and took our seats. It was one of the smaller passenger liners, but it was still too big for only the four of us.

It wasn’t for nearly an hour that we finally spoke to each other. “So,” Jen asked, “anyone know why we’re still alive?”

“I guess they were only trying to scare us off,” I said. “But it seems to me that if I were them, I would have killed us. But then again, they don’t know how much I want to beat them and show them what it feels like.” I was shaking. Sarah put her had on my shoulder. For once, she was the calmer one.

“They just swept us aside like so much trash!” said Tucker, punching his palm. “I can’t believe they won! How are we supposed to stop them? They aren’t just gonna let us get the Souls! Not after that.”

“You wanna go home?” I asked him.

“Hell no! Win or lose, I want another shot at that dragon guy!”

“They had so many rare cards,” said Sarah. “And their strategies were so ruthless. They played only to win. But…”

“But what?” I pried.

“Well, deep down, I don’t think they were all too bad, you know?”

“Are you kidding?” Tucker laughed disbelievingly. “They tried to kill us!”

“No,” I said. “If they were really trying to kill us, we would be dead. You felt what that Shadow Game did to us. But either way, they are our enemies, and Tucker’s right, they’ll be back, and next time the stakes will be much higher. We have to be prepared.”

I looked out the window, my thoughts drifting, and said, “You know, I don’t get something. ‘Dark Magician’ and even ‘Blue-Eyes’, as rare as they are, are easy enough to get your hands on if you have the right resources, but where did my opponent get a Toon deck. I thought Pegasus was the only one with a Toon deck in the entire world. Where did she get such powerful cards?”

“There are a lot of questions,” said Jen.

“Yeah,” I said, “and something tells me it will be awhile before any get answered.”

It was a few hours before we arrived in Egypt. The sun, though still in the sky above us, was nearer to setting than not. My team and I stepped out of the jet carrying our bags, which contained cloths and our Duel Disks, and were met by a slender Egyptian man of about twenty-five wearing mostly white.

“I am Kalar," he had introduced himself, though I got a sense that this was not his real name. “Mr. Pegasus, a good friend of mine, asked me to meet you here and to give you this.” He handed me an envelope full of cash. “He told me that you would know what it was for. He also asked me to help you as much as possible to find someone who knows the location of a particular ruin. I have other concerns that need my attention, so we must move quickly.”

“You know,” said Tucker, “I figured this was gonna suck, but come to think of it, this should be a cinch!”

“Why is finding a guide so hard?!” Tucker cried, drawing the attention of everyone one the street. It had been two hours, and we had already been to six well known guides, but none would tell us the location of the Burial, let alone take us there. It was strange. They had all seemed eager to help, until they discovered where it was that we intended to go.

“Kalar,” I asked, “what am I missing. Why does it seem like nobody wants to go to the Burial?”

“The Burial of the Soul is an unusual site. Very few know for sure of it’s existence, and out of those who do, very few would ever go there. Most of those who seek it out in the hopes of launching a research expedition get lost, unable to find the Burial, or the way back. Rescue teams usually find them, but that has not stopped the rumor from being spread that even the name Burial of the Soul bestows upon you a curse of bad luck.”

“Great!” Jen said sarcastically. “We’ll never be able to get anyone to take us there!”

“Oh yes we will,” said Tucker, “all we wave to do is show everyone that there’s no bad luck curse.”

“And how are we going to do that?” Sarah asked.

“Heh heh, watch and learn. HEY, WHO KNOWS HOW TO GET TO THE BURIAL OF THE SOUL!?! COME ON, LOOK, I SAID IT AND NOTHING HAPPENED! BURIAL OF THE - OOF!”

It was at that moment that Tucker was hit in the head by a random ball that seemingly came out of nowhere, and was knocked over. “Wow, great job moron,” Sarah said, standing over him with her arms crossed.

But, to my surprise, Tuck’s antics seemed to have worked. As soon as he was done with all of his screaming, a tall man with dark skin walked toward us. He had a stern face that was partially hidden by a combination of a cloth face mask and the shadow from the hood of his cloak. He approached me and asked, “Are you four looking for the Burial of the Soul?”

After parting ways with Kalar, who had to take care of some mysterious “important matters”, we followed the man back to a restaurant where we sat down and discussed the situation. I almost didn’t tell him the whole story, but then he asked me why four kids wanted to find an ancient ruin. What could I say to that? So I told him everything.

“So will you help us?” I concluded. “We can pay you. We have plenty of money.”

The man seemed to ponder this. His gaze drifted to my bag. It had fallen partially open, revealing the Duel Disk it carried. When he saw my Duel Disk, his eyes widened.

“You four are Duelists?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“I thought you were them,” he said, “but I couldn’t be sure until now, since I saw no Duel Disks. I had a prophetic dream that told me I would lead four Duelists to the Burial of the Soul. I now know that you are them, but I must test the integrity of your claims. If the Burial of the Soul really contains the kind of power that you claim, I must make sure that you are honorable before delivering that power to you. You understand.”

“Of course,” I said, smiling, “and I think I know where this is going.” I took the Duel Disk from my bag and strapped it to my arm. “If it’s a duel you want, it’s a duel you’ll get!”

We stepped out of the restaurant and made our way to an open lot down the street. The man pulled a Duel Disk out of a holster around his waste, under his cloak, and strapped it to his arm, preparing to duel.

“You may have the first move if wish,” said the man.

“No,” I said, eager to see what this guy could do, “I think I’ll let you go first.”

“As you wish,” said the man, “I draw, and place five cards face-down. End turn.”

“No monsters?” I said, surprised by my opponent’s unusual play. “Alright, then let’s see what you’ve got. I summon the ‘Whiptail Crow’ in attack mode.”

My monster appeared, an orange-skinned creature with bird-like legs, wings, a beak, and a long, whip-like tail (ATK: 1650). “To the summoning of your monster,” my opponent said, “I chain the Trap card ‘Jar of Greed’ and the Continuous card ‘Solemn Wishes’. I draw one card, and then I gain 500 Life Points, as I will from now on every time I draw (LP: 8000+500=8500).”

“It won’t matter,” I said, “because I get to attack directly. Tailwhip Attack!”

“Reveal ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’,” my opponent said. His newest Continuous Trap revealed itself and became wreathed in a red light. My ‘Crow’ became wreathed in the same light. “Each time you attack, you select a card from my hand and guess weather it is a Spell, Trap, or Monster card. If you guess right, your attack continues as usual, but if not, your monster returns to your hand.”

“That’s fine,” I said, “because based on your strategy so far, I’m gonna say that the card on the right is a Trap.”

“Incorrect,” my opponent said, showing me a Spell card. I had never seen it, but I could read the title; ‘Cathedral of Nobles’. My ‘Whiptail Crow’ disappeared, and I returned his card to my hand.

“I place a card face-down,” I said, “and end my turn.” I can tell, this is going to be one interesting duel!

plus, character profile, monty!

[spoiler=Character Profile #6]

Name: Montgomery "Monty" Williams

Deck Type: Infinite Knowledge

Shadow Item: Power from the leader of the Order (Book One); Soul of Wisdom (Book Two and Onward)

Favorite Card: Dark Magician

Soul Card: Silent Magician (All Levels)

Description: Spiky brown hair and brown eyes. Son of a world renowned magician and his assistant who would travel the world with their son. He met Yugi Moto during a six month tour with his parents in Japan. Yugi taught Monty how to use the inner power of his magician cards and gave him the copy of Dark Magician that he uses today. Monty's parents were killed in an accident only a year later. He lived in an orphanage until he joined the Order a year before his first battle with the Duel Force. Monty, once he is no longer being influenced mentally by the leader of the Order, is a noble person who is the only person who ever really understood his best friend Lawrence. Monty duels in a way that will amaze any audience, while still managing to outwit and outmaneuver his opponent.

and another one!!!

[spoiler=Character Profile #3]

Name:Jenifer "Jen"

Deck Type: Insect Evolution

Shadow Item: Soul of Nature

Favorite Card: Insect Princess

Soul Card: Ultimate Insect (All Levels)

Description: Very strait brown hair and brown eyes. John and Sarah's cousin. She is often goofy, but has a strong mind for complex reasoning and for making connections. She is also taller than average and physically stronger than average for her age. When she duels, she uses the opponent's opening combos to determine their style, strengths, and weaknesses, allowing her to form complex and effective counter strategies.

chapter fourteen:

[spoiler=Chapter Fourteen]

A Duelist's Honor; Show Him Your Spirit!

“I draw,” my opponent said (LP: 9000), “and follow up with the Trap card ‘Reckless Greed’. I draw two cards, but I must also skip my next two Draw Phases (9000+500=9500). Next, I activate ‘Cathedral of Nobles’, and place one card phase-down. Next, by the effect of ‘Cathedral of Nobles’, I activate the card I just set, ‘Jar of Greed’ to draw again (9500+500=10,000). Finally, I reveal ‘Embodiment of Apophis’, a Trap Monster card.”

My opponent flipped over a Trap, and a monster emerged. It was an armored snake with a man’s torso, a humanoid head, and a second snake-like head rising from the nape of it’s neck. It carried a shield and sword and hissed loudly (ATK: 1600).

“Set another card and attack, Serpent Saber!”

“Oh yeah!” I said. “Now I’ve got you! Trap card activate, ‘Sakuretsu Armor’!” A suite of black armor appeared between me and the attacking serpent. “This card blocks your attack and destroys the attacking monster!”

“Not so fast!” My opponent exclaimed. “Reveal the card I just set, ‘Seven Tools of the Bandit’. By paying 1000 Life Points (10,000-1000=9000), I can disarm your Trap.” My armor shattered, and the Trap Monster’s attack went through (LP: 8000-1600=6400).

“Now,” said my opponent, “I reveal the Spell card ‘Sebek’s Blessing’. I gain Life Points equal to the damage you were just dealt (9000+1600=10,600). Now finally, I set two more cards face-down and end my turn.”

“I draw,” I said, “and I summon my ‘Cannon Soldier’. With only 1400 Attack, he is weaker than your ‘Apophis’ now, but that will all change when I equip him with the black blade, ‘Sword of Dark Destruction’ (ATK: 1400+400=1800). I also activate ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’ to destroy ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’ card, giving me a clear path to attack your Trap Monster, Dark Blade!”

‘Cannon Soldier’ raised the evil blade, charged with a red and purple energy, and charged at the serpent. ‘Apophis’ raised his shield, but the ‘Destruction Sword’ cut right through, splitting ‘Apophis’ in half (10,600+1600-1800=10,400).

“Now I said, “I end my turn.”

“At the end of your turn,” my opponent said, “I reveal ‘Reckless Greed’ to draw two cards. Now I gain Life Points from the effect of ‘Solemn Wishes’ (10,400+500=10,900), and begin my turn. I start with two Trap cards, my face-down ‘Jar of Greed’, and another ‘Reckless Greed’ from my hand. I draw three cards (LP: 11,900), and summon ‘Makyura the Destructor’.” An armored claw-wielding demon warrior appeared, wearing a full face mask that bore the Millennium Eye symbol. “Set and activate ‘Embodiment of Apophis’. Equip ‘Apophis’ with the Trap card ‘Blast with Chain’.”

Another ‘Apophis’ appeared, his sword sheathed, a chain in hand. Near one end of the chain hung a bundle of dynamite. On the other end hung a curved blade (ATK: 1600+500=2100).

“Attack with ‘Embodiment of Apophis’, Chain Sling.” The blade hit my machine, slicing him in half (5400+1800-2100=5100), leaving me defenseless.

“Direct attack with ‘Makyura’.” His monster rushed me and ran past, slashing with his claws (5100-1600=3500). “I end my turn.”

This would be a great time to make an appearance buddy, I thought, preparing to draw my card. This card had never let me down before, and it wouldn’t let me down now. I drew, Bingo!

“I Special Summon my ‘Fiend Megacyber’,” I said, “my favorite card.” The yellow-armored warrior appeared at my side, his arms crossed (ATK: 2200), and my face twisted into a confidant smirk. “Next I summon my ‘Whiptail Crow’ (ATK: 1650). ‘Crow’, attack ‘Makyura’ with Tailwhip,” the bird-like fiend slashed the warrior in half with his tail (11,900+1600-1650=11,850), “and ‘Megacyber’ crushes your ‘Apophis’ with his Megacyber Impact!” ‘Megacyber’ moved in close to the serpent. ‘Apophis’ swung the chain weapon. ‘Megacyber’ ducked underneath and sprung forward, nailing ‘Apophis’ in the face, killing it (11,850+2100-2200=11,750).

“Because ‘Makyura the Destructor’ was sent to the Graveyard,” my opponent said, “I can activate Trap cards from my hand until the end of the turn. Activate ‘Call of the Haunted’ to return ‘Makyura’ to the field.” The warrior was reborn, brandishing his claws.

“My turn. Sacrifice ‘Makyura the Destructor’ to summon the legendary guardian of the ‘Cathedral of Nobles’, ‘Mystical Beast Serket’!”

It was brown with a body like a flattened cigar, a scorpion tail, and lobster-like claws and legs. At the front end of the cigar-like body was an ovular mouth lined with rows of razor teeth. At either end of and slightly above the thing’s mouth was a bulbous red eye. Directly above it’s mouth, on a stalk, was a sort of spherical second head bearing the same Millennium Eye symbol as ‘Makyura’’s mask (ATK: 2500).

“My legendary beast will be your undoing,” my opponent said. “Allow me to demonstrate his unique powers. ‘Serket’, attack with Beast Devourer!”

‘Serket’ reached out with his pinchers and grabbed my ‘Fiend Megacyber’ by the arms. He opened his mouth wide and swallowed my monster whole. I lost life points (3500+2200-2500=3200), and ‘Serket’ grew larger, his Attack rising (2500+500=3000). My opponent’s Life Points remained ominously high, and after just one more skipped draw phase, he would be able to draw again, and his Life Points would increase further.

“Now,” my opponent continued, “I end my turn with the Spell card ‘Mesmeric Control’, locking your ‘Crow’ into attack mode.”

Okay, this guy said he was testing me, right? He must want me to prove that my Duelist’s spirit can overcome his legendary beast.

“If you want me to defeat your beast,” I said, almost under my breath, “then I’ll show you my spirit in the form of ‘Great Maju Garzett’!”

I drew my card, and without even looking I sent my ‘Whiptail Crow’ to the Graveyard, and placed the new card down in it’s place. The ‘Crow’ become a wisp of black smoke that took form, becoming the fiend, ‘Great Maju Garzett’ (ATK: 3300).

“Also, since the attack of your ‘Serket’ removed my ‘Fiend Megacyber’ from play, I activate ‘Monster Reborn’ to summon ‘Whiptail Crow’ from the Graveyard,” The ‘Crow’ reappeared.

“Now I attack with ‘Great Maju’, Vile Energy!”

The fiend fired his attack, which was absorbed by a barrier. “Reveal,” my opponent said, “the Trap card ‘Negate Attack’, canceling your attack and ending the Battle Phase.

“‘Serket’, attack again and destroy his ‘Whiptail Crow’,” ‘Serket’ swallowed my ‘Crow’ (3200+1650-3000=1550). ‘Serket’ grew larger once again, and it’s power rose above that of ‘Great Maju Garzett’, my last ultimate monster (3000+500=3500).

“All I can do,” I said, “is place one card face-down.”

My opponent nodded and said, “Finally I draw, and I gain 500 Life Points (11,350+500=11,850). Attack ‘Great Maju’ with Beast Devourer.”

‘Serket’ moved forward, and was repelled by a glowing green barrier. “I won’t let you,” I said. “Reveal ‘Draining Shield’, blocking your attack and converting it into Life Points (1550+3500=5050).”

“It doesn’t buy me much time,” I said, “but it might be just what I needed.”

I drew, and searched my hand. I need a way to counter the effect of ‘Serket’ long enough to take it down, and I may have just the thing!

“I activate,” I said, “my ‘Darkness Approaches’ Spell card. I throw two cards into the Graveyard to envelope your monster in a magical darkness, resetting it’s Attack to the original value.”

Around ‘Serket’ formed a cloud of black fog. Just before he was obscured completely, I saw ‘Serket’ return to his original size.

“Now,” I continued, “I attack with Vile Energy!” ‘Great Maju’ fired his attack, dispersing the darkness, and piercing ‘Serket’ through (11,850+2500-3300=11,050).

“I end my turn.”

My opponent walked toward me. “You have proven that you are honorable,” he said, placing his hand over his deck, ending the duel. He removed his cloth mask and his hood, revealing a bald head and a stern face with Egyptian symbols tattooed over the left side. “I am Odion Ishtar, and I would be honored to act as your guide.”

sorry, no new character profile yet, but one will be posted tomorrow.

legendhiro, I made these cards according to chapter 4 of this fic, i was a little busy lately so I made these today

[spoiler=Pegasus's Invitation Cards]

Sarah:

29582me1.jpg

Tucker:

29582hi7.jpg

Jen:

29582bz4.jpg

John:

Well, I couldn't find a pic that is the same as you described before, so, i hope u wouldnt mind:

29582bn3.jpg

or

29582rk0.jpg

PM me if you liked it

and

Can u add this card into John's deck?

MajuGarzettDCR-EN-C.jpg

and use it with

GreatMajuGarzettDCR-EN-R.jpg

and because of ur fic, I started to like

TheFiendMegacyberDB1-EN-R.jpg

and I nicknames it by it's japanese translated name: 'Magic Gigacyber'

And i suggest these cards in the other main character's deck:

Sarah:

OceanDragonLord-Neo-DaedalusSD4-EN-UR-UE.jpg

Tuck:

DarkblazeDragonSDRL-EN-C.jpg

Jen:

DreadscytheHarvesterJUMP-EN-UR-LE.png

(sometimes,I build my decks according to manga, fics and anime.)

(These images are from Yugioh Wikia)

thanks for the suggestions. lawrence uses darkblaze dragon, so i don't think tuck will get to use it, sorry. john uses maju garzett, but only in special #1, coming soon. another character may be using dreadscythe, but i'm not sure, since i don't want two characters to use the same monsters, i may or may not add it to jen's deck. jen's deck is one of my favorites, and the one i put the most thought into in book one. as for ocean dragon lord and his weaker form, sarah gets them and adds them to her deck very soon. you'll like how she uses them. thank you for the suggestions. you got +1 rep for that.

two more character profiles; john and sarah

[spoiler=Character Profile #2]

Name: Sarah

Deck Type: Fluid Soul

Shadow Item: Soul of Water

Favorite Card: Aqua Spirit

Soul Card: Levia-Dragon - Daedalus/Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Daedalus

Description: Sandy blond hair and blue eyes. Sarah is John's sister. She is a tomboyish girl who loves playing soccer, street hockey, football, and basketball. She is sarcastic and short tempered, but she has a good heart. Her dueling style is to actively adapt to the situation through an open and actively calculating mindset. She often balances a strong offense with an equally strong defense.

[spoiler=Character Profile #1]

Name: John

Deck Type: Overwhelming Darkness (Original); Overwhelming Chaos (Final)

Shadow Item: Soul of Darkness/Chaos

Favorite Card: The Fiend Megacyber

Soul Card: Great Maju Garzett

Description: Unruly brown hair and brown eyes. John is mischievous, but also knows when to be responsible. He is smart and thoughtful, and his keen eye for strategy makes him a great fighter and gamer. He is heroic and will always stand up for those who need it, though his motives for doing so should often be questioned, as John loves the spotlight. When John duels he relies on his own strategy to overcome whatever strategy his opponent has prepared, but to make sure he can get out of a tight spot, he always saves his best cards for last. This makes his duels particularly dramatic. John is unbeatable at visual puzzles.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN!!!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Fifteen]

A Night in Egypt

Odion helped my team and I find an inn where we could stay the night. He said that he would meet us outside the inn the next morning to begin our journey. We rented two rooms at the inn, one for the boys and one for the girls. Once we were settled in, we tried to sleep. When I couldn’t, I woke Tucker with one of my more brilliant ideas.

“You want to do what?!”

“I want to go card hunting! It's only 12:30, and we still have a ton of the cash Pegasus gave us. Let’s go card hunting!”

“And what makes you think we’ll find any cards here?” Tucker asked, annoyed.

“Because I said so. And because Pegasus said the game originated here.”

Tucker thought for a second, looked at me and said, “Fine, but we better not get mugged and beaten or I’ll mug and beat you.”

Fifteen minutes later, Tucker and I were walking the streets near the inn, searching for a place that sold cards. We decided that, since each of the four of us used very different decks, Tucker and I would keep the cards that we could use, and then we would give the rest to the girls.

It wasn’t long before we came across a store where a group of Duelists were gathered around a large wooden platform. Two duelists stood on the platform opposite each other. One of them, a dark skinned boy, was being hammered by a larger boy with light skin wearing an American Flag shirt and tattered blue jeans. As the dark-skinned boy lost the last of his Life Points, a short heavy man standing behind the boy stepped forward and said, “And another victory for the heavy hitting wonder from America, Robert, on tour here for one night only! Step up now. For a small fee you can challenge Robert, and if you can defeat Robert, you win the grand prize of 150 packs of cards!”

“Told you we’d find cards,” I said.

“And you know what,” said Tucker, “it looks like we won’t need that cash after all, ’cause I’m gonna win that prize.” He reached into my bag, where we had the cash, pulled some out, and cried, “Hey, you, I’m Pyro Tucker, and I challenge you!”

“You can’t beat me,” said Robert (LP:4000). “Nobody can.”

“Whatever, just go.”

“Fine! I summon the ‘Battle Footballer’, attack mode!” A mechanical football player appeared (ATK: 1000). “And one card face-down.”

“That’s all? Okay,” Tucker said, “then I’ll place two cards face-down, and summon ‘Flame Ruler’ (ATK: 1500). Attack, Fireball.”

‘Flame Ruler’ threw a fireball at the ‘Footballer‘, but Robert had a Trap.

“Reveal ‘Defensive Lineup’,

154661eq9.jpg

changing ‘Footballer’ to defense mode.” The monster crouched down (DEF:2100), deflecting the fireball back at Tucker, dealing him damage (LP: 4000+1500-2100=3400).

“Now,” said Robert, “I pay 1200 Life Points (LP: 4000-1200=2800) to equip my ‘Footballer’ with ‘Run a Play’,

154661om2.jpg

and attack your monster (ATK: 1000+2100=3100).” ‘Footballer’ threw a football at ‘Flame Ruler’, destroying him (3400+1500-3100=1900).

Robert laughed, “I end my turn.”

“Not before I activate this,” Tucker said. “Reveal ‘Des Counterblow’, destroying any monster that dealt me damage.” A burst of flame incinerated the ‘Footballer’, something that Robert obviously never thought would happen.

“Now,” Tucker said, “I remove ‘Flame Ruler’ from play to summon ‘Inferno’,” the living flame appeared, “and sacrifice him for ‘Mr. Volcano’,” the flame flared up and then disappeared, revealing Tucker’s favorite monster (ATK: 2100).

“Reveal ‘Salamandra’, empowering my monster with a dragon flame.” A dragon shaped flame poured into ‘Mr. Volcano’, and his power rose (2100+700=2800).

“Mr. Volcano’,” Tucker commanded, “direct attack, Streaming Flame.” Tucker’s monster snapped his fingers, and frames engulfed Robert (LP: 2800-2800=0). “Looks like that prize is mine.”

“It would seem so,” the stout man said, “but wouldn’t you like to give Robert here a chance to win back his honor?”

“No. I just want my cards.”

The man scowled. “Well then,” he said, “congratulations.”

The man handed Tucker a box, and before we knew it we were on our way back to the inn. We passed by an alley, and the stout man and the large boy, Robert, emerged.

“We’re going to need those cards back,” the stout man said. “You see, they’re our money maker. This scheme will make us rich, but you will have to give us our cards back first.”

Tucker and I looked at each other and them back at the man, and I said, “Uh, no.”

“What did I say about getting mugged,” Tucker said.

“We still have our stuff,” I said, “so we technically haven’t been mugged yet.”

“True.”

“Robert,” the man said, “go get our stuff.”

“With pleasure,” Robert said, his hands balled into fists. He ran at Tucker, who sighed. Robert punched, and Tucker ducked, coming up and slamming Robert in the jaw with his elbow. Robert fell over, moaning in pain. Tucker and I went to stand over him. “Dude,” I said, “I think you broke his jaw.”

“Eh, he’ll live.”

We made our way back to the inn and opened our packs of cards. Our decks got some major boosts, which I was sure we were gonna need. I wasn’t sure if we were a match for the Order, but I was sure that we were as ready as we were going to get.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Sixteen]

The Burial of the Soul

The next morning we went with Odion to rent one of those heavy duty jeeps. They didn’t have any of the monstrous climate controlled fortress ones, so we had to settle for a sort of cargo truck with a canvas covering over the bed and only two real seats in the front for the driver and one passenger. I sat up front, and while Sarah and Jen improved their decks with their new cards, Odion and I discussed tactics.

“All I’m saying,” I said, “is that, strong as your Trap strategy is, its one fundamental flaws is the lack of monsters. You have Trap Monsters, yes, but they are vulnerable to effects that can target monsters, or effects that can target traps.”

“That is true, which is why I use ‘Serket’, a monster that few have ever managed to overcome,” Odion countered.

“Alright, I guess I have to give you that one,” I admitted, conceding the point.

We were silent for a few minutes before he spoke again. “These Duelist of the Order. I’ve heard of their organization. From what I hear, every Duelist who is a member is very strong. Is it true?”

“Well, we only met the three that fought us before, but let me put it this way, any one of them could have destroyed you. Especially that Karen. The way she duels is almost scary. She was able to predict my moves before I even played any cards and defend with just the right combination.”

“Her deck will, of course, have a weakness.”

“How do you know?”

“Because every deck has a weakness,” he said. “Even mine. Even yours. I’m sure that when the time comes you will discover that weakness.”

“I dunno,” I said. “I watched those Toons, looking for a weakness, but I couldn’t find one. They are strong, easy to summon, and they can bypass my monsters when they attack.”

“Do you know professional Duel Monsters?”

“Yeah,” I said, “but only the big stuff.”

“Then you’ll know of Yugi Moto’s legendary victory over Maxamillion Pegasus.”

“Of course! Every serious Duelist does. He used the old style arena dynamics to take advantage of the first edition rules for Kuriboh and combined him with Multiply to overcome Pegasus’ ‘Thousand-Eyes Restrict’, something that no Duelist had ever even considered before!”

“Yes,” Odion said, “but first he had to contend with Pegasus’ Toons and their home, the magical realm of ‘Toon World’ from which they draw there power. To defeat them, Yugi discovered a weakness in the Toons that not even Pegasus was able to overcome.”

It hit me like a slap to the face, “You mean ‘Toon World’! The weakness of the Toon monsters is the magic book that gives them life, ‘Toon World’! If I destroy ‘Toon World’, the Toons will lose their power and die.”

“Exactly,” said Odion. “With that knowledge, you should be able to go into battle with the edge you need to win.”

“Thanks,” I said.

“You are destined to do great things for this world,” he replied. “That is thanks enough.”

Tucker

I had dozed off in the back of the truck, and was dreaming that I was dueling Lawrence and his dragons. He was destroying my monsters one after another. It all came down to two monsters. I could only summon one or the other, and if I made the wrong choice, I would lose. My first instinct was to summon the first card, ‘Tyrant Dragon’, but when I really thought it through, I realized that if I did Lawrence would just summon up ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ and destroy it, so I used ‘Tyrant Dragon’ as an offering to summon the second card, a new card that I had just added to my deck the night before, and I won.

That’s when I woke up, “I know how to win the duel.”

“What,” Jen asked, “how?”

“Once it starts, just follow my lead, and we can’t lose.”

Sarah

I went through my cards again, old and new. I had just finished adding more of the kinds of cards that I was known for. The principle of my deck was the same, but I had a few radical new tricks up my sleeves that I was sure would even confuse a master magician.

John

As we made our way closer to our goal, I prepared for as best as I could for the battle that I knew was coming. I just hoped that I would be ready in time.

As we drove along the sand of the desert, I drifted off to sleep. In my dream I heard a voice in a vast expanse of black.

“Who’s there? Who are you?” I asked the voice.

Guardian, I heard it reply, a feint whisper.

“Guardian? Guardian of what?” I asked. “Guardian of the Twelve Souls?”

Yes. Release them. Destiny.

“I know,” I said, “we are on our way now to release the Souls.”

Sealed.

“We have a Spell.”

Not…enough. Must…heart.

And just like that, the voice was gone.

“Wait!” I cried. “What do you mean? What about heart?”

Suddenly I was jerked awake when the truck came to an abrupt stop.

“We have arrived,” Odion said. “You must go alone from here.”

My team and I exited the truck and watched it power away until it was only a spec on the horizon Then we turned and walked through the sand until we found ourselves at a stone doorway poking out of the dunes. To either side of the door, along the frame, was chiseled a bird headed man carrying an ankh in his left hand.

“This must be it,” I said. “Let’s do it.” I pulled out the Spell that Pegasus had given us. As I lifted it toward the massive stone door, glowing text appeared. It seemed to be the same language as the text from the artifacts in Pegasus’ Egyptian room. I held the card up higher, and it started shaking, nearly ripping my arm off. The others had to help me steady it.

Then the ground began to shake, and a light flashed from the other side of the door, but other than that, nothing happened. I let my arm drop to my side and I steadied my breath. “Crap,” I said. “we must have done something wrong. Let’s try it again.” I raised the card, and it turned to dust, falling to the ground and becoming one with the sand at my feet.

“Did we just fail?” Sarah asked, a confused look on her face.

“Not yet,” came a voice from behind us. We wheeled around, and there was Karen, Monty, and Lawrence. Karen was the one speaking.

“No,” she said. “Your little Spell wasn’t to open the door and release the Souls, it was to unlock the doors. You’ll need a stronger magical boost to actually open the door. That boost could come from your natural tie to the Souls, or from us. That’s why we didn’t kill you. We needed you to unlock the door. We can’t unlock it, but now that you did, someone just needs to open it.”

“It won’t be you,” I said, standing between them and the door, my arms strait out at my sides. “You’ll have to get past us first!”

Monty and Lawrence moved away from Karen, and my teammates followed suite, facing their respective opponents once they were a sufficient distance away, and the rematches began. This time, if we were taken down, we wouldn’t get up ever again.

thx for the rep, I'll post more comments and help to make it more interesting

I'll see if i can post more.(these are Umi support or supported cards):)

here's Sarah's new cards(I think), I even added a new field spell for her: [spoiler=Umi]

UmiDB1-EN-C.jpg

WarriorofAtlantisFOTB-EN-R.jpg

AmphibiousBugrothMK-3SD4-EN-C.jpg

MermaidKnightDR2-EN-R.jpg

Here's all that i can think for.

I dunno if u like it, but I hope you do and put them into her deck

john: since john plays mostly a warrior and fiend deck, i suggest these:

SwiftGaiatheFierceKnightSD5-EN-C.jpg

DarkBlade5DS1-EN-C-1E.png

NightmareWheelPGD-EN-UR.jpg

and our star(my star lol)

Raviel%2CLordofPhantasmsCT03-EN-ScR.jpg