Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

good chapter, can't wait for more,

i think you should make a charecter with a very unique staregy, or maybe one of mine (i simply use strong monsters and poweful eqiup spells, with a few tricks like galting dragon, future fusion, ultimate tyranno, and horn of the unicorn and gravity axe-grarl) interstingly it is incredibly hard to beat, (at least in the video game i play,don't have many friends who play yu-gi-oh)

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry for the lack of updates. a new chapter will be up later tonight. but first, a bit of information:

1. The effects of 'Stone Statue of the Aztecs', 'Canyon', 'Cross Counter', and other cards with similar effects (in case I forgot any) can stack in my fanfic. I honestly don't know what the ruling on it is in the official game, but it works in my book.

2. I have (finally) decided on the names of all books and specials. Here is a list of them:

- Part One: Discovering Destiny

-- Book One: Gather the Duel Force

-- Book Two: Reign of the Reaper

-- Special Number One: The Ancient Battle Renewed (featuring cards by Ned93)

- Part Two: The Forces of Darkness

-- Book Three: The Dark Duel Force

-- Book Four: Terror of Blackheart

- Part Three: Tournament Arc

-- Book Five: Kaiba Corp. Invitational Tournament

-- Special Number Two: The Darkness Within

-- Book Six: The Great Duel Force Tournament

-- Special Number Three: The Dark Elite

- Yu-Gi-Oh! DA (Duel Academy)

-- Book One: The Phantom Seal

- Yu-Gi-Oh! DE (Duelists Elite)

-- Book One: The Paths You Choose

- Yu-Gi-Oh! DFR (Duel Force Reborn)

-- Book One: The Neo Duel Force

-- Book Two: The Last Force of Darkness

There may be a couple more Specials in there, but no promises. This is because I have been unable to come up with story ideas for any more yet. If any more Specials will be made I will either announce them or update this list, or both.

- Thank you for reading

-- Legendhiro

good chapter' date=' can't wait for more,

i think you should make a charecter with a very unique staregy, or maybe one of mine (i simply use strong monsters and poweful eqiup spells, with a few tricks like galting dragon, future fusion, ultimate tyranno, and horn of the unicorn and gravity axe-grarl) interstingly it is incredibly hard to beat, (at least in the video game i play,don't have many friends who play yu-gi-oh)

[/quote']

as far as unique strategies are concerned, a character later on has one that uses the monsters 'Aitsu', 'Koitsu', 'Soitsu', and 'Doitsu', as well as some of the fairies used by Isis Ishtar in Duel Ship Arc of Battle City, AND cards like 'Gyaku-Gire Panda', 'Dark Cat with White Tail', 'Book of Moon', 'Book of Taiyu', and 'Pikeru' and 'Kuran' (including their Princess Forms).

I think this is unique enough, don't you?

^__^

BEFORE READING THIS, IF YOU HAVE NOT READ MY SECOND TO LAST POST, READ IT

here is chapter six of book two. i hope you like it!

[spoiler=Chapter Six]

The New Duel Force vs. The Duelists of the Order

I got the entire team together to go with me to the tournament. We arrived less than ten minutes from the start of the first round. I lead the others over to the sign up table, and just as I was about to sign my name, I felt something through the Soul.

“Uh oh guys, we may have a problem,” I said. “Follow me.”

I lead the way, following the feeling emanating from the Soul, until we reached a deserted area of the part where nobody ever went. The Old Park. There wasn’t much here. A walking track that lead to an old gazebo, some benches, a half basketball court, and Karen, Monty, and Lawrence of the Duelists of the Order, waiting for us.

“Didn’t we already beat you three?” Sarah asked dismissively.

“That’s why we’re here,” said Karen. “Our master has given us one more chance to defeat you and redeem ourselves in his eyes.”

“You were lucky that the Souls appeared when they did during our last duel,” said Monty.

“Because if things had kept going the way they were,” Lawrence said, his lips curled into a wicked smirk, “you would have died.”

“There’s no point in trying to escape,” said Karen. “The Shadow Game has already begun.”

I looked around. Everything was darker than usual. I felt with my Soul. She was right. We were trapped.

I turned to Tucker, Jen and Sarah and said, “Alright guys, let’s make this quick.”

“Wait John,” said Amanda. She, Rocky, and Kimi stood between us and the Order.

“Yeah,” said Rocky, “leave this to us.”

“We,” said Kimi, “can handle these three.”

“You don’t get it guys,” said Tucker. “These are the big leagues. They’re on a whole other level.”

While he spoke I summoned the power of the Soul of Darkness, letting me look anywhere that darkness lived, even inside someone’s mind. I could see that Karen, Monty, and Lawrence were already fighting with themselves. Although I didn’t know what this meant at the time, I did know that they were in no shape to duel.

“Hold on Tuck,” I said. “Let’s give them a chance. They can handle this.” I turned to the Order and said, “You’re opponents will be these three,” I gestured toward Amanda, Rocky, and Kimi. “When they win, we go free.”

“And when we win,” Karen said, “your Souls are ours.”

“Agreed.”

“Agreed.”

As Karen and I spoke, Kimi moved to face Monty, Rocky moved to face Lawrence, and Amanda moved to face Karen. I was worried about them, sure, but more than anything, I was curious as to why their opponents seemed only to be operating at half strength.

As I watched with an intense curiosity, six voices rang out across the deserted Old Park.

“Duel!”

Amanda

“So I guess you’re Karen?” I asked. “You don’t look like a bad guy. Anyway, I’m gonna go first. I set two cards face-down and summon ‘Harpie Girl’ in defense mode.”

My monster, a young girl wearing a black jumpsuit with pink feathers running down her arms and talons for hands and feet appeared, crouched down into a defensive posture (DEF: 500).

“A Wind deck huh?” said Karen. “Better finish you fast. I play ‘Toon World’, paying 1000 Life Points to do so (8000-1000=7000).” A giant green book appeared, falling open and floating in the air beside Karen.

“That sounds important,” I said. Anything that cost 1000 points had to be important, right? “I think I’ll get rid of it,” I said. “Reveal ‘Dust Tornado’.” A powerful dust devil picked up, ripping the book to shreds.

“If that’s the case,” said Karen, “I set a monster and end my turn.”

Kimi

“You’re the one that uses Spellcasters, right?”

“Yes,” Monty replied, “and by the color of your Soul crystal, I’m going to guess Light monsters.”

“You’re right. Your prize is watching me go first.”

I drew, “I summon my ‘Agent of Creation - Venus’.”

My angel descended to the ground ahead of me and to my right (ATK: 1600). “I also place two cards face-down and end my turn.”

“Draw,” said Monty. He paused and closed his eyes for a moment, like he was struggling to remain focused. He regained his composure and said, “Summon, ‘Skilled Dark Magician’.” A robed sorcerer carrying a staff tipped by a spherical crystal appeared (ATK: 1900).

“’Skilled Dark Magician’, Dark Flash Attack!” The sorcerer twirled his staff, aimed at ‘Venus’, and fired a burst of dark energy. It was only a few feet from the target when it was deflected by a transparent dome-shaped barrier that surrounded me and my monster.

“I discard ‘Marie the Fallen One’,” I declared, “to activate my ‘Hallowed Life Barrier’, protecting me and my monsters from all damage this turn.”

I that case,” said Monty, “I end my turn with one card face-down.”

Rocky

“I move first,” I said. “I summon ‘Stone Statue of the Aztecs’ in defense mode,” A stone face and hands appeared, made of colored bricks (DEF: 2000), “place three cards face-down, and end my turn.”

“I’ve dueled your type before,” said Lawrence with a wicked grin, “and I’ve taught them all the same lesson; you can’t win by defending!

“I’ll prove it by gaining massive field advantage in just the first turn. Summon ‘Lord of Dragons’, and I combine him with two of the magical ‘Flute of Summoning Dagon’ Spell cards to call three dragons from my hand!”

On Lawrence’s field appeared the emerald-skinned ‘Luster Dragon #2’, the diamond-skinned ‘Hyozanryu’, and the armless, legless, four-winged ‘Different Dimension Dragon. The three dragons roared (ATK: 2400 / ATK: 2100 / ATK: 1200). My monster and I were equally un-phased.

“Now I attack. Destroy the ‘Statue’ and hit him directly!”

The three dragons roared again. As far as they and their master could tell, I was completely at their mercy.

Amanda

“I’m gonna assume that your monster has an effect,” I said, “so I’ll set another card and summon my ‘Harpie Lady 2’, attack mode. A monster that looked like the adult version of my ‘Harpie Girl with long orange hair appeared (ATK: 1300).

“Next I change ‘Harpie Girl’ to attack mode (ATK: 500), and I attack with ‘Harpie 2’. When she destroys a monster, it’s effect is negated. Go, Scratch Attack!.”

My ‘Harpie’ flew forward with a smile on her face and slashed the face-down monster to bits with her claws. It was a woman with a staff wearing a purple gown. John uses her. I think she’s called ‘Magician of Faith’.

“And I attack with ‘Harpie Girl’, Youthful Scratch!” The girl flew forward with even more enthusiasm than her elder counterpart and scratched Karen in the face before returning to my side, giggling (7000-500=6500).

“And I guess I’ll set one more card,” I said, “even though it only leaves one card in my hand. End turn.”

“I think I’ve let you play enough,” said Karen. She seemed mad that I’d killed her monster. “Its time I finished this. Begin, the ‘Black Illusion Ritual’, offering ‘Thousand-Eyes Idol’ to summon the God of Assimilation, the mighty ‘Relinquished’!”

A monster too weird to accurately describe appeared in a burst of black fire, it’s body opening up like two flaps so that it could suck my ‘Harpie Lady 2’ inside. The flaps lowered, and my monster half emerged from the ‘Relinquished’’s flesh. Its attack points went up (ATK: 0+1300=1300).

“’Relinquished’, attack ‘Harpie Girl’, Scratch Attack.” The weird monster charged in toward my monster. ‘Harpie’ stretched out from the creature’s body, preparing to strike.

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Fairy Box’.” A box with holes like a whack-a-mole game appeared around my ‘Harpie Girl’. She stuck her head out of the hole, and ‘Harpie’/’Relinquished’ reached. ‘Harpie Girl’ ducked inside, and ‘Harpie’ overexerted herself (ATK: 1300-1300=0). Then ‘Harpie Girl’ shot up out of the hole and slashed ‘Harpie’, destroying her. My opponent and I both took the hit to our Life Points (8000-500=7500/6500-500=6000).

“Now,” I said, “if I’m right, your ‘Relinquished’ is defenseless. But that’s not the worst of it. I discard ‘Harpie’s Pet Dragon’, the only card in my hand, to activate ‘Rope of Life’, returning my ‘Harpie Lady 2’ destroyed in battle this turn to the field with an extra 800 Attack Points.” The orange-haired bird woman returned (ATK: 1300+800=2100).

“I protect my monster,” said Karen, “with one of my most powerful combos. Three face-down cards. End turn.”

“Don’t think so,” I said. “Reveal ‘Giant Trunade’, returning all Spells and Traps to our hands.” A wind picked up, lifting Karen’s cards into the air, revealing them as ‘Physical Double’, ‘Stanch Defender’, and ‘Rush Recklessly’. John had told me about that combo. I was glad that she hadn’t been able to pull it off.

“Activate three more Spells,” I said, “’Monster Reborn’ and two copies of ‘Elegant Egotist’, reviving ‘Harpie’s Pet Dragon’ and summoning ‘Harpie Lady 1’ and ‘Harpie Lady 3’ from my deck.”

A large red dragon wearing an elegant necklace, and two more ‘Harpies’, one with red hair, and one with blue hair, appeared on my side of the field. The dragon gained Attack (ATK: 2000+900=2900 / ATK: 1300 (each)).

“Next all of my monsters gain 300 Attack and Defense by the effect of ‘Harpie Lady 1’ (2900+300=3200 / 2100+300=2400 / 1300+300=1600 (each) / 500+300=800). Attack with ‘Harpie Girl’.” My favorite monster flew forward and slashed the massive monster (6000+0-800=5200), “and I finish you with Pet Flame and Triangle Ecstasy Spark!”

The dragon breathed fire, and the three ‘Harpie Ladies’ released a wave of energy, hitting Karen and dropping her to her knees (5200-3200-5000=0).

Rocky

“I reveal,” I said, “all three of my face-down cards, ‘Staunch Defender’, ‘The Reliable Guardian’, and ‘Cross Counter’. ‘Staunch Defender draws all of your attacks toward my monster, and ‘The Reliable Guardian’ raises the ‘Statues’’s Defense by 700 (2000+700+2700).

The various fire and beam attacks launched by the dragons were pulled toward the ‘Statue’, and were caught by a barrier and compressed into a mass of light and fire. “My ‘Stone Statue of the Aztecs’ already doubles the battle damage that you take from this battle, but thanks to ‘Cross Counter’, your attacks are reversed and the damage is doubled again.”

“That’s not possible,” said Lawrence dismissively. “That would mean that you deal me-.”

“That’s right,” I said, smiling, “15,600 damage.”

Lawrence swallowed, “Are you serious?”

“Why don’t you find out.”

My ‘Statues’’s eyes flashed, and the energy from the attacks erupted out, engulfing Lawrence’s field, destroying his monsters and knocking him onto his back. I walked over to him as he pushed himself up into a sitting position.

“That,” I said, “is how you win a duel.”

Kimi

“I begin my turn,” I said, “with the effect of ‘Marie the Fallen One’. Each turn that she remains in the Graveyard, I gain 200 Life Points (8000+200=8200). And I follow up with the Spell card ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying your face-down card.”

A burst of wind ripped his card in half. “You managed to disarm my ‘Spellbinding Circle’,” Monty said. “Good move.”

“Thank you. Pay 1500 Life Points to summon three ‘Mystic Shine Balls’ to the field.” Three of the colorful glass orbs appeared, circling my angel (ATK: 500 (each)).

“Next I reveal ‘Solar Ray’, allowing each of my monsters to attack you for 600 points of burn damage.” The four monsters fired beams of light that hit Monty directly (8000-1600=5600).

“Now,” I said, “I sacrifice two ‘Shine Balls’ to summon my ‘Wingweaver’,” two of the orbs gave way to the six-winged angel, “and equip her with ‘Cestus of Dagla’, increasing her attack.”

In each of ‘Wingweaver’’s hands appeared a curved blade (ATK: 2750+500=3250).

“Ever Life Point that my ‘Wingweaver’ takes from you using these swords is transferred to me,” I said. “I attack with all three of my monsters.” ‘Wingweaver’ slashed the ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ in half, and ‘Shine Ball’ and ‘Venus’ hit Monty with waves of light (5600+1900-3250-500-1600=2150/6700+1350=8050).

“You made a good move,” said Monty, “but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. I pay 800 Life Points (2150-800=1350) to activate 'Premature Burial' and summon ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ from the Graveyard. Next the activation of ‘Premature Burial’ resolves, and my monster gains a Spell Counter.” One of three crystals on the ‘Magician’’s robe lit up.

“Next I activate ‘Pot of Greed’ and chain ‘Serial Spell’. Essentially I throw out my hand and draw four cards. But, more importantly, my ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ gains another two counters.” The other two crystals lit up as well.

“Now,” Monty declared, “I sacrifice ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ bearing three Spell Counters to summon ‘Dark Magician’ from my Graveyard.” The ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ disappeared, and in a swirl of light the purple-clad, staff-wielding ‘Dark Magician’ took his place (ATK: 2500).

“Equip ‘Dark Magician’ with the Spell card ‘Magic Formula’,” a book appeared in the ‘Magician’’s free hand, “and disarm you ‘Wingweaver’ with the Spell card ‘Dark Magic Attack’.” ‘Dark Magician’ launched a beam of dark light that hit the twin swords and my face-down card.

“Chain,” I said, “a second ‘Solar Ray’, allowing my monsters to counterattack for 600 damage each, just like before.”

“Brilliant,” said Monty. As he spoke my three monsters rose up above the blast from the ‘Dark Magic Attack’ card and fired, erasing the ‘Dark Magician’ and hitting my opponent, wiping him out of the duel.

chapter seven is up!!

[spoiler=Chapter Seven]

The Story of the Order

John

“No,” said Karen, “this can’t happen.” She stepped back. Monty and Lawrence moved to join her. Rocky, Kimi, and Amanda moved to join me, Sarah, Tucker, and Jen.

Still concerned with the mental turmoil that the three Order members were facing, I formed a theory.

Hiro, that energy that you sensed around the thugs behind the mall. Do you sense it around these three as well?”

Yes

As he and I spoke, the darkness behind the Order came to life, forming a large face with glowing red eyes. It approached the three and said, “You have failed me again. I will devour your souls!”

Previously invisible tendrils linking the shadow with the three retracted into the shadow and disappeared. All three members of the Order took deep breaths, shocked looks on their faces, like they were waking up from a dream.

The shadow reached out to them, and the took up defensive stances. That’s when I decided to act.

I walked slowly toward the shadow, my hands in my pockets. My Soul flared up, and the shadow’s “hands” dissolved. “You may want to rethink that,” I said. “You are made of shadows. I control shadows. These three are under my protection now.”

The shadow smiled, “I’m surprised Dark Duelist, that you would protect them after all that they have done to you.”

“Cut the act. I already figured it out. These three didn’t do any of those things of their own free will. You made them. Now leave, or I swear, wherever and whatever you are, my next attack will destroy you.”

The shadow frowned, “This isn’t over. Their souls are mine. I will have them.”

And the shadow and the darkness that surrounded us faded away.

Karen sighed, “Thank you. You saved us from Yami, the Master of the Order.”

“Yami?” I said.

She smiled, “Because he’s never been seen without a shroud of darkness covering his face.”

“And he’s been controlling you?”

“Not completely,” said Monty. “More like he was influencing us. Dredging up the darkest parts of us, bringing them to the surface.” I expected Lawrence to speak as well, but he only glared at me. Guess his real self is just as charming as his “influenced” self.

“I don’t understand,” said Tucker, standing at my side.

“Well then,” said Karen, “I guess I should start at the beginning.”

“It all started a couple years ago,” Karen said. The ten of us were sitting in the old gazebo in the back of the Old Park. “Apparently Yami, whoever or whatever he is, was trapped in the shadows during a Shadow Game, but he managed to hang on long enough to begin communicating subliminally with duelist in our realm. After enough time, he was able to begin influencing certain duelists the way that he influenced us. It takes a lot of energy, and he’d rather not exert force over someone if he doesn’t have to. That’s why when anyone proves too weak to serve his purposes, he gets rid of them, like he tried to do to us, using their souls to increase his power. There is a rumor that he can appear in our realm, but only for short periods of time.

“I was training under Maxamillion Pegasus at Duelist Kingdom the first time I felt Yami’s presence in my mind, though I barely even noticed back then. When I returned home I found out that my parents had been in an accident. The state wanted to put me in foster care, but I’d heard of a group that took in young Duelists without a place to go, so I sought out the mysterious Duelists of the Order, and I joined them.

“I was put in a team with Monty and Lawrence and the three of us trained to work together. But when Yami put us together, he screwed up. He let us see enough of the Order that we were able to see the truth. The Order wasn’t helping kids, it was turning them into soldiers to use to hunt down the magical Shadow Items, killing anyone who got in their way. These items are powerful enough to increase Yami’s power in this realm and to one day facilitate his return. We faced Yami, and he hit us with a mental attack. We suddenly found ourselves unable to control our actions. Our only freedom came in sleep. I guess because Yami hit all three of us with his attack at once, he created a bridge between our minds. While we slept we could come together in a single dream and do our best to continue to fight Yami.

“We got to know each other. I learned about how Monty sought out the Order after his parents died, and how Lawrence, a student of Seto Kaiba, joined the Order to escape from his foster home. The three of us became friends.

“We were under the influence of a dark force when we attacked you and we’re sorry.”

“I’m Not,” said Lawrence. Monty elbowed him in the ribs.

I ignored them, “Don’t think anything of it. Its not like you wanted to hurt us.”

Lawrence huffed, and Monty hit him again. Karen shot them a look, and they fell in line immediately. I was impressed.

“Anyway,” Karen went on, “we managed to limit our own power during our most recent duels, betting that when Yami came to destroy us, you would see what was going on and step in.”

Lawrence huffed again and shot a look at Rocky, “I didn’t.”

Rocky smiled a proud smile.

“So what you’re saying,” Tucker asked, “is that you were counting on your worst enemies to rescue you?”

“No,” Karen replied, “I was counting on John to rescue us. I knew he was a good person, and that he might not be able to figure everything out, but that he would see enough of the truth that he would help us when the time came.”

I couldn’t help but blush.

“So thank you,” Karen said. “Thanks to you we can continue to resist Yami.”

“Not alone you won’t,” I said, shaking my head. “I don’t know when, but I know one day it will fall upon us, the Duel Force, to bring down Yami. You’ll join us, and we’ll beat him together.”

I stood and walked over to Karen and offered her my hand. She stood and accepted it. Just like that, my team grew to ten members, and a powerful new alliance was formed.

Next Chapter The Duel Force Grows

A short chapter that sets up the next duel.

and here's chapter eight:

[spoiler=Chapter Eight]

The Duel Force Grows

After our little meeting, Karen and I walked off together to discuss some things. Kimi had agreed to let Karen stay with her, and I had agreed to let Monty and Lawrence stay with Tucker. He has a big basement.

“You three may not have Duelist’s Souls,” I said to Karen, “but I know that you have just as much reason to want to resist the Order as we do. I just don’t want you three doing anything stupid.”

“Don’t worry,” said Karen. “We never intended to go it alone.”

I smiled, intrigued. “You planned for me to ask you to join from the start.”

“Yep,” said Karen, brimming with pride, “I’m just that brilliant.”

Then she stopped, “But really, thanks. Without you, we’d be dead, or maybe even worse, a part of that thing.” She leaned in and she kissed me on the cheek.

I blushed again, “Really, don’t mention it.”

We kept walking.

“So,” said Karen, “how many of the Souls have you found?”

“Only the ones you’ve seen,” I replied.

“I’m not sure seven Souls will be enough. The more Souls you find the more danger you’ll be in, but the closer you’ll come to destroying the evil that pursues them. We’ll help you. We know a lot about the Order, and we’re some of their strongest.”

“But not the strongest.” I said. “We’ve already faced someone stronger, a kid my age. He called himself Max.”

“Ah, so you’ve met Max. Did you beat him?”

“Once,” I said, “but he was only testing me. Last time it took me and Sarah to beat him. I don’t think he’ll be happy until he faces me one-on-one to settle the score. For some reason Max only seems interested in my Soul.”

“Max is different,” Karen said. “He’s closer to Yami, and he’s been with the Order almost since it was founded. He has a theory that all the Souls are tied together through yours, and that all that is needed to capture all twelve is your one. Yami is giving him a chance to prove his theory. If he fails, I have no doubt that Yami will do to him what he tried to do to my team and I.”

“Is Max being controlled by Yami?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” she replied, “but I do know that Max is powerful. At least as powerful as me, maybe more. Maybe more powerful than you. And if he beats you, he’ll take your Soul, and maybe all of the Souls.”

“And,” I said grimly, “if Max knows that his life is on the line, he could be even more dangerous.”

Karen nodded, “My thoughts exactly.”

“Then I guess we should be ready for anything.”

We kept walking. Despite the fact that we had never met before on friendly terms, I felt comfortable with Karen. There was a connection between us. It would take me a long time to discover what that meant exactly.

We had been walking along a part of the path that lead through the woods for several minutes. We had just curved back toward the gazebo where the others were waiting when the surrounding area began to grow dark. Karen didn’t notice, so I pushed her behind me, shielding her as best as I could.

That’s when she finally caught on, “Oh great.”

“Yeah,” I said. “It looks like when Yami said he would try again to take you three, he meant it.”

You catch on quick, came a voice in my head. A wicked voice. Out of the surrounding shadows emerged a man-shaped shadow apparition. With red eyes. He looked and sounded different than last time, but there was enough resemblance for me to recognize the Master of the Order.

“I can’t say its good to see you again, Yami.”

He laughed. It echoed in my head. Very unpleasant.

Let’s skip the pleasantries or lack there of and get right to the point, Dark Duelist. I’m here for the girl and the others, and this time you will not keep me from what is mine.

I know its short, but don't worry, the next one will be better.

Next Chapter Attacked by the Master; Former Foes Unite!

good chapter' date=' i noticed now that we now know 11 of the duelists of soul, theirfore you have to make number 12 a really impressive duelist

[/quote']

the final duelist has already been mentioned, but we don't actually know its her. You might remember that jen was mentioned as having a younger sister back in book one. she is not revealed as the last duelist though until book three, where she wows everyone by defeating a much more experienced opponent. I'll keep her deck type a secret for now.

this is the first time that somebody blushes in ur fic' date=' good

[/quote']

john won't admit it yet, but he just might have a thing for karen ;)

and, a personal best, my third chapter in twenty four hours! chapter nine is up!!

[spoiler=Chapter Nine]

Attacked by the Master; Former Foes Unite!

“Sorry Yami,” I said, “but its like I told you, these three are under my protection now.”

I’m afraid that your protection won’t be enough this time. This is a Shadow Game now. Destroying this body that I have conjured would be treated as cheating and your lives would become forfeit. We will duel, and if you win I will back off, for now. But if, or I should say when you two lose, I will kill you, and your souls as well as the souls of the other two will be mine to do with as I please.

I looked over at Karen. She seemed nervous, but she nodded. “Fine Yami, if we have no other choice, then let’s get started.”

If that’s what you want, said Yami. I’ll move first. A duel disk emerged from the shadowy form’s wrist, deck and all.

“We need to be careful,” I said. “We have no idea what kind of deck he’s come up with.”

“I know,” Karen said. “I’ll be ready.”

For my first move, said Yami, I set a monster and place one card face-down.

“If that’s all,” Karen said, trying to sound confident, “then maybe I have less to worry about than I thought. My move. I play ‘Mirage of Nightmare’. Now, during your next Standby Phase I draw until I hold four cards. Next I place three cards face-down and play ‘Toon World’ (LP: 8000-1000=7000). Finally I summon my ‘Toon Mermaid’,” the caricaturized mermaid with the bow appeared, lying in her clam shell (ATK: 1400), “and end my turn.”

“Giving me,” I said, “a chance to strut my stuff. And seeing how I’m the last one to move, I can attack, so I’ll start out strong with ‘Giant Orc’, attack mode.” A twelve-foot tall gray skinned goblin appeared, carrying a club (ATK: 2200).

“’Giant Orc’, attack the face-down monster with Club Slam.”

The ‘Orc’ rushed my opponent’s field, but he was stopped abruptly, wreathed in a red light.

Reveal, said Yami, my ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’. Each time you attack you must select one card from my hand and declare Spell, Trap, or Monster. If you declare correctly, your attack succeeds. But if you declare incorrectly, it fails, and the attacking monster returns to your hand.

“I do know a little about this game,” I said sarcastically. I pointed at one of the cards in Yami’s hand, “That one’s a Trap.”

Wrong, said Yami with a wicked chuckle, revealing the card. I couldn’t make out what card it was, but I could tell it was a Spell. My ‘Giant Orc’ disappeared, and I returned his card to my hand.

“I’ll protect myself,” I said, “with a face-down card.”

It won’t be enough, Yami said, laughing wickedly. My move! I place one card face-down and I pass.

As Yami spoke, Karen drew her four cards. She drew one more and said, “At the start of my Standby Phase I reveal ‘Emergency Provisions’, sending ‘Mirage of Nightmare and two face-down cards to the Graveyard to gain 3000 Life Points. I give 1000 of it to my partner, and I keep the rest for myself (LP: 7000+2000=9000/8000+1000=9000). Next I follow John’s lead and set a card to finish my turn.”

“I go again,” I said to Yami, pulling my next card. “I set one card and I summon my ‘Giant Orc’ back to the field in attack mode. Let’s see what you’re planning Yami. Your move.”

He laughed again, For my next turn, I Flip-Summon my ‘Gravekeeper’s Spy’, letting me summon another Gravekeeper monster from my deck, my ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’.

The ‘Gravekeeper’s Spy’ appeared, an Egyptian man in a black cloak, crouched down, ready to pounce (ATK: 1200). Beside him appeared ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’, an older man in a similar cloak, carrying a staff (ATK: 800).

When my ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’ is Special Summoned it triggers my face-down ‘Inferno Reckless Summon’. I choose one opposing monster to activate, and then I summon up to two more copies of the Special Summoned monster, and in exchange my opponent can summon up to two more copies of the selected monster. Because its likely that you only have one copy of ‘Giant Orc’ in your deck, I choose him for my Spell card’s effect.

“Well that’s the first bit of truly good luck I’ve had so far,” said Karen with a smirk. “Reveal ‘Fairy’s Hand Mirror’, forcing your Spell card to target my ‘Toon Mermaid’ instead.”

Two more ‘Curses’ and two more ‘Mermaids’ appeared. Even though Karen’s monsters were stronger, Yami seemed completely unconcerned.

When ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’ is summoned, Yami said, each of my opponents take 500 damage. The three monsters raised glowing staffs, and Karen and I took damage (9000-1500=7500 (each)).

My body burned, like I had been thrown into a fire, and then it passed. It was a horrible sensation, even for a Shadow Game. I looked at Yami, glaring. He was laughing. Hurting us gave him some kind of sick pleasure. It was nearly a full minute before he finally stopped laughing, licking his lips.

I end my move, said Yami, by sacrificing one ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’ to set a monster, and by placing two cards face-down.

“Because I have three monsters out now,” said Karen, her teeth clenched against the pain of ‘Curse’s’ effect, “it should be safe to attack. I pay 1500 Life Points to attack with all three ‘Mermaids’, Animated Archery (7500-1500=6000).” All three ‘Mermaids’ pulled back their bowstrings, arrows loaded, and all three were stopped dead when their bodies were wreathed in the familiar red light. At this point Yami only had two cards in his hand, so, at best at least one of Karen’s attacks would get through, and at worst, she would reveal Yami’s hand and make it easier to hit him later.

“For my first ‘Mermaid’s’ attack,” Karen declared, a look of confidence finally returning to her face, “I choose the card on the right and say that it is a Spell card.”

Incorrect, said Yami, chuckling wickedly, revealing a monster called ‘Nubian Guard’. Karen picked up the first card, and the first monster disappeared.

“Alright,” said Karen, as Yami shuffled his hand, “for the second attack I choose the card on the right again and say it’s a monster.”

Yami smiled wickedly again, shuffling his hand, and said, You are correct, but I’m prepared with a second ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’. Now you must choose again.

“Well,” I said, “that should make things a bit more interesting.”

“I choose the card on the right one more time,” said Karen, “and one more time I say monster.”

Wrong, said Yami, revealing the Trap card ‘Rite of Spirit’.

Karen returned the second ‘Mermaid’ to her hand as well.

“For my final attack I choose the card on the right, and I’ll say its your ‘Nubian Guard’.”

Yami chucked softly, smiling wide, Correct. He shuffled his hand, Karen watching like a hawk. But before you choose again, I reveal ‘Reload’. I shuffle my hand of two cards into my deck and draw two new cards!

“Crap!” said Karen. Now neither of us knew any of the card in Yami’s hand. He threw his head back and laughed. I scowled.

“I choose the card on the left,” said Karen, “and I’ll say Spell this time.”

Yami turned his card around, revealing it as a second ‘Reload’. You would be correct.

“Yes,” I said. The ‘Toon Mermaid’ let its arrow fly, hitting Yami square in the chest (8000-1400=6600). I expected Yami to be angry, but instead he seemed excited. He was enjoying this.

“My turn isn’t over yet either,” said Karen. “I place three cards face-down and return my ‘Mermaids’ to the field.” Pink smoke gushed from the pages of the green book. From the smoke the two ‘Toon Mermaids’ emerged (ATK: 1400 (each)).

“My turn,” I declared. “And what a turn it will be. I summon, my favorite card, who represents my spirit as a duelist. Summon forth, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’!”

At my side appeared the yellow-armored warrior, his fists held ready to strike. I looked over at him, and he nodded. I smiled confidently. Finally, my monster was with me once again (ATK: 2200).

“Now I attack with the ‘Giant Orc’, choosing the card on the right. I say Spell.”

Wrong, Yami said, showing me the monster ‘Aswan Apparition‘. I smiled as I placed the ‘Orc’ back into my hand. Now I knew both of Yami’s cards.

Now that I know every card in his hand, I thought, finally feeling that the duel was going my way, getting through his combo should be a piece of cake. But I have to be careful to choose correctly. My life and the lives of Karen and her team depend on it!

Next Chapter The Invulnerable Guardian Sphinx Deck

Yami's power is shown in its entirety!

this chapter he is using ordeal to stall them and gravekeepers to hurt them, but next chapter he starts using his best combo that will deal them much more damage and lock them down even more.

so, kinda ^__^

but this is also not yami's real deck, he just manifested this deck on the fly.

when john finally faces him for real in book three, he uses an even stronger deck!

chapter ten is here!!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Ten]

The Invulnerable Guardian Sphinx Deck

“’Fiend Megacyber’, attack with Megacyber Impact!” I called out my monster’s attack, noticing that my breathing was becoming labored. It must be this Shadow Game, I though. This one’s way more intense than any I’ve fought before. Its taking a toll on my body even when I’m not under attack!

I looked over at Karen. She seemed weak too. I have to finish this!

“The card on the right is the Spell card ‘Reload’,” I said.

You are correct, Yami scowled, showing me ‘Reload’.

‘Excellent! Then I’ll choose again.” I watched carefully as Yami shuffled his cards rapidly, smiling all the while. When he was done I said, not trace of doubt in my mind, “The left card is ‘Reload’.”

You are correct, Yami said, But how did you know?

“Easy,” I said, “I’m best at three things in this order: Strategy RPG’s, Duel Monsters, and visual puzzle games. My best puzzles are shuffle puzzles. You know, hand is quicker than the eye type things. I can follow a target card in your hand, no matter how fast you shuffle. Heck, I can even tell you how far down in your deck that ‘Rite of Spirit’ card is that you shuffled back in earlier.”

That is a rather unique talent, said Yami with a smirk. Too bad for you I’m planning to shuffle my hand into my deck again next turn using ‘Reload’.

“That’s fine,” I said, “because right now I can only worry about right now, and speaking of right now, right now my ‘Megacyber’ attacks!”

No!

“Yes!”

‘The Fiend Megacyber’ shot forward and punched ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’. Yami lost Life Points again (6600+800-2200=5200), and one of his monsters fell.

“And remember Yami,” I said, “I still have my face-down card, so you better watch yourself.”

I hope for your sake that your face-down card can stop every one of my next series of attacks, he laughed. You may have fought Shadow Games before, but this is different. You have never fought so deep within the Shadow Realm. If you were to be hit by multiple attacks one after another, your body will given out and you’ll die!

“Show me your worst Yami,” I said.

Karen cut in, “We’re ready for anything.”

“I end my turn,” I said, “by re-summoning my ‘Giant Orc’, attack mode.”

Draw! said Yami, And I’ll activate ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two cards. Next I place one card face-down and activate ‘Reload’, shuffling my hand of two cards into my deck and drawing two more cards, opening up a whole new realm of possibilities.

But my turn doesn’t end there, Yami continued. Its time I went on the offensive. I Flip-Summon my ‘Guardian Sphinx’, the strongest creature in my deck!

Behind Yami rose a massive sphinx. It towered overhead, its front legs wrapping the entire battlefield (ATK: 1700). When ‘Guardian Sphinx’ is Flip-Summoned, all opposing monsters return to their owners’ hands.

‘Fiend Megacyber’, ‘Giant Orc’, and the three ‘Mermaids’ were surrounded by a red light and disappeared.

Now, said Yami, Your field is clear. ‘Guardian Sphinx’, ‘Gravekeeper’s Spy’, ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’, attack the Dark Duelist directly! ‘Curse’ raised his staff and burned my Life away (7500-800=6700), and ‘Spy’ rushed over to my side of the field, punching me in the gut before jumping back to Yami’s side (6700-1200=5500). Finally, ‘Guardian Sphinx’’s eyes glowed. Red beams shot from it’s eyes, aimed strait at me.

“Reveal,” I said, “the Trap card ‘Draining Shield’!”

A barrier appeared surrounding my body. The beams hit, but they were blocked, their energy absorbed into my Life Points (5500+1700=7200). However, despite my high Life score, I felt drained, almost to the point of exhaustion from the two consecutive attacks. Plus, the strain of summoning and maintaining a barrier was almost too much on its own.

Another round of attacks like that will finish me, I thought. I have to end this soon.

I finish my move, said Yami, with a special ability. ‘Guardian Sphinx’, return to face-down position!

“My…turn,” said Karen. “I begin by Special Summoning my ‘Mermaids’, and I…I…” She closed her eyes and swallowed. “I’ll pass.”

Looks like you’ve already reached your limit, said Yami. Well I haven’t. Reveal the Trap card ‘Rite of Spirit’, summoning a Gravekeeper back from the Grave. Return now, ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’!

‘Curse’ reappeared and hit us again with his special ability (7200-500=6700/6000-500=5500). Karen yelped, and I felt like I’d been hit in the heart. If this kept up, at the very least We would collapse and lose the duel by default. At worst, well, I didn't want to think about it.

One more turn, I thought. Two tops

“My move,” I said. “And I begin with my ‘Giant Orc’ and my ‘Fiend Megacyber’. Attack ‘Curse’ with Megacyber Impact!” My monster was once again wreathed in red light. “The card on the right,” I said, “is a Trap.”

Wrong, said Yami, showing me a monster, ‘Mask of Egypt’.

154661ze8.jpg

‘Megacyber’ returned to my hand.

“Alright then,” I said, “my ‘Orc’ attacks ‘Curse’ with Club Slam!” ’Orc’ was surrounded by the familiar red light. I pointed at one of Yami’s cards. “That one’s the monster.”

Correct Yami scowled. I tried to follow his monster card as he shuffled his hand, but my vision blurred for a second and I lost track.

Looks like this one comes down to chance, I thought. Alright, “The card on the left is ‘Mask of Egypt’.”

Correct again, said Yami, and the red light faded. ‘Orc’ ran forward and crushed the ‘Curse’ with his club (5200+800-2200=3800), overexerting himself. He stumbled back to my side of the field and fell onto his back and into defense position (DEF: 0).

My turn, said Yami, completely unconcerned. I think you know what I’m going to do next. Flip-Summon ‘Guardian Sphinx’ and return all of your monsters to your hand!

Once again the ’Sphinx’ appeared, and our monsters were surrounded by red light, and once again they disappeared.

Now I can attack you directly, Yami declared, arrogance creeping into his voice. ’Guardian Sphinx’, attack!

“Not so fast!” said Karen, smiling despite her pain. “Reveal ‘Physical Double’!” Behind Karen appeared a lump of clay that expanded and reformed into a duplicate ‘Guardian Sphinx’ (ATK: 1700).

“Now I follow up with ‘Staunch Defender’ and ‘Rush Recklessly’, drawing all of your attacks to my ‘Mirage Token’ monster, and raising my monster’s Attack by 700 (1700+700=2400).”

‘Curse’ and ‘Spy’ moved to attack Karen’s Token monster, and were caught by the ‘Token’’s eye beams (3800+800-2400+1200-2400=1000). Then the ‘Guardian Sphinx’ and the duplicate fired their eye beams at each other. The beams met, and the duplicate’s attack began to overtake the original’s. I released a held breath. I was sure Karen had just won us the duel. Then I saw Yami’s face. He was smiling. There was a flash, and the ‘Sphinx’ disappeared, returned to face-down position. The ‘Token’’s attack sailed over Yami’s head harmlessly, and the ‘Token’, it’s purpose fulfilled, melted away.

Reveal, said Yami, The Spell card ‘Book of Moon’, flipping my ‘Sphinx’ face-down, negating it’s attack, and ending my turn.

“I go…then,” said Karen. She was pale and shaking. Pink smoke poured from the ‘Toon World’ and the ‘Mermaids’ reappeared. “I summon…my monsters,” Karen said, “and…I pass.”

“My move,” I said. I wasn’t in much better shape than Karen, but I refused to let Yami cause her another moment of pain. Okay deck, I know you’ll come through for me. I need a way to turn this duel around, now!

Beside me appeared the ghostly form of the Soul Guardian, Hiro. He was wearing more modern clothing this time, jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket. His face relaxed, his hands in the pockets of his jeans. Maybe I can help, He said.

Oh! said Yami, I see that the Soul spirit has finally joined us!

“Wait,” I said. “You mean you can see him?”

“John,” Karen demanded, confused, “who…is that? What’s…going on?”

Huh, Hiro said thoughtfully. Then he shrugged, Oh well, as I was saying, If I’m here, I might as well help out. I don’t know if this will work, but I think we have to try. John, let me lend you my strength. We’ll win this duel together!

“Alright,” I said, smiling and breathing heavily. “And just in time too. I feel like I’m about to pass out.”

Hiro nodded and disappeared, and I suddenly felt renewed. Mine and Hiro’s minds merged into one. I was a new, stronger version of myself. My mind was clear. My strength was returning. I felt more connected to my Soul than ever!

“Yami,” I said, “this is a whole new game. This duel ends, now!”

also, a new character profile; Christopher Johnson!

[spoiler=Character Profile #16]

Name: Christopher Johnson

Deck Type: Fire and Ice

Shadow Item: N/A

Spirit Monster: Frost and Flame Dragon

Description: Brown hair and dark eyes. Christopher is an experienced Duelist who has been competing in Duel Monsters tournaments since he was ten. He became famous in the North Eastern U.S. when he became the King of O.T.K., using his mostly undefeated Fire and Ice deck to lock his opponent and then crush his opponent with multiple rapid attacks. After John defeats him, Christopher makes John his rival. Christopher possesses an unnatural amount of Duel Energy, allowing him to connect with Duel Spirits and the Shadow Realm without the use of a Soul or Shadow Item.

Next Chapter Hiro's Assist; Destiny Draw!

and another one, chapter eleven, the conclusion of john and karen vs. yami!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Eleven]

Hiro’s Assist; Destiny Draw!

“This duel is over Yami,” I said. I fingered the top card of my deck. “Destiny Draw!” I pulled my next card. I knew without a doubt that it would be just what I needed.

“Activate the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’. I draw three cards and then discard two. Draw! And discard ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ and ‘Darkness Approaches’. Next I activate a second Spell card, ‘Monster Reborn’, letting me restore any fallen monster to life. I revive, you guessed it, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’!”

In a flash of yellow static, the armored warrior returned to my side, his arms crossed (ATK: 2200).

“Now its time I turned this duel around,” I said. I looked over at Karen. She would know what my plan was. She looked up at me weakly and nodded. I nodded back. “Activate, ‘Heavy Storm’, destroying every Spell and Trap card on the field!”

The two ‘Ordeal of a Traveler’ cards were destroyed, but sadly, so was ‘Toon World’ and all of Karen’s monsters, each one disappearing in a puff of smoke.

Good move, said Yami, cockily, but you forget, my ‘Guardian Sphinx’ has 2400 Defense points. Even with your ‘Fiend Megacyber’, you can’t get past him this turn. And Soul spirit or not, your body will not survive in this realm much longer. You’ve lost already. Just give up and make it easier on all of us.

“You’re right,” I said, “my ‘Megacyber’ can’t get past your ‘Sphinx’ on his own. And its true that The two of us won’t survive here for much longer. But even if this monster can’t penetrate your defense,” I declared, gesturing toward my ‘Fiend Megacyber’, “my next monster can.

“I summon, one of the newest additions to my deck, the Interdimensional sword wielder, ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’!”

There was a swirl of light in the air beside ‘Fiend Megacyber’, Suddenly, in a flash of light, a woman appeared. She wore a silver jumpsuit and carried a glowing katana. Her gold blond hair flashed brightly, even here in the Shadows (ATK: 1500).

“Whenever my ‘Warrior Lady’ battles,” I explained, “she has the option of using her sword to open a rift to the Different Dimension, pulling herself and her opponent out of play. I attack ‘Guardian Sphinx’ now, Dimensional Rift Blade!”

‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ leapt up, her katana held high, and the ‘Sphinx’ appeared once again (DEF: 2400). The ‘Warrior Lady’ slashed, catching her blade in the stone of the giant creature’s shoulder. My Life Points fell, but I barely even noticed.

From the point of impact, energy blossomed from the ‘Warrior Lady’’s sword, swallowing her and the ‘Sphinx’. The energy faded, and both monsters were gone, leaving Yami wide open.

“Now,” I said, “I finish this duel with one final attack. ‘Fiend Megacyber’, Megacyber Impact!” My monster rushed forward and punched Yami in the chest. His shadowy body dispersed as his Life Points fell (1000-2200=0).

The darkness around Karen and I faded. Hiro returned to the Soul, and Karen and I finally gave in and passed out.

I was shook awake several minutes later by Tucker. “Bro, you okay?” he asked as he helped me up.

I looked to my left and saw Monty and Jen helping Karen awake. “Yeah, Tuck,” I said, “I’m alright.”

“Good,” he said stepping back to stand by the others, “now tell us what happened to you.”

We walked back to the gazebo and sat down. Karen and I told the others all about our encounter with Yami. About how he had dominated us in the duel, dealing us serious damage and draining our life force with the shadow game. I told then that we won when I pulled a lucky card at the end, just in time. Karen saw that I didn’t mention Hiro, so she didn’t either.

“We’re sorry about this,” said Karen. Lawrence started to say something, but Monty cut him off, “We all are.”

“My team and I promise,” said Karen, “to do whatever we can to protect the Souls from Yami. That’s what’s really important.”

Out of nowhere, there was a flash, and three lights settled on Karen’s, Monty’s, and Lawrence’s chests, becoming Souls. Monty’s depicted the outline of a robed sage, representing knowledge. Lawrence’s Soul depicted the outline of a rampaging dragon, representing power. I looked at Karen’s Soul. There was no symbol, representing a truly open mind. The symbol of imagination.

“Well,” I said, a bit shocked, “would you look at that. Three more Souls.”

After catching up the others and getting Karen’s, Monty’s, and Lawrence’s Souls, we all took the bus home. Mine and Sarah's stop was one of the first on the route, then Kimi and Karen’s, Tucker’s right after that, then Rocky, and then Jen several stops later. Because my stop was less than fifteen minutes away, I decided to use what time I had to talk to Karen. She was sure to have questions.

“So,” I asked, taking a seat beside her, “you really okay?”

“I’m tired,” she said, “and a little sore, but I’ll be fine. So, are you gonna tell me what happened back there?”

“I’m not entirely sure, but I have an idea. When my original team and I entered the Burial of the Soul, a spirit appeared to me. He said that he was the guardian of the Souls, and that he was also the last remnant of the Forgotten Duelist. He told me that his life force came from the Soul of Darkness, and that to leave the Burial and come with me he would have to borrow the back of my mind. The Soul trusted him, so I agreed to let his tag along.

“The others couldn’t see him, so the Soul spirit, Hiro, and I decided to keep him a secret, at least for now. It was pretty weird that you and Yami could see him. Maybe it has to do with base power. You me and Yami are still a bit above the others”

“If that’s the case,” said Karen, “then as your friends get stronger, they’ll start to see him too. It could complicate things.”

“Yeah,” I said, “I got that. Anyway, one of the things that Hiro and I agreed on was that he would help out when he could. He tried to give me some of his power back there in the duel, but he and I somehow merged. Looking back, it wasn’t the most pleasant experience, but it was effective. But now he’s buried deep in there. Whatever happened drained him.”

I shook my head, and Karen and I sat together in silence until Tucker said, “Hey John, this is your stop!” I looked out the window. Sarah was already standing on the curb, watching me through the window with an annoyed look on her face.

I jumped up and ran for the door, “Whoa, hold on. Wait for me!”

I walked the couple blocks from the bus stop to my house. I climbed the stairs to my room, and sat back in my bed, my hands behind my head, looking up at the ceiling. I sat there for an hour, waiting, but I still hadn’t heard from him. I still hadn’t heard from Hiro. It had started to get dark out before he finally appeared.

Interesting ability that we uncovered, he said. He was leaning back against the wall off to the left of my bed.

“Yeah,” I said, “but not one we can use very often. Its way to hard on you, and it could be dangerous for me too.”

True, Hiro replied. Then its settled. Powerful as this ability is, we won’t use it again, unless we have no other choice.

I nodded, “Agreed.”

Next Chapter Invitation to the Final Battle

Great chapters I just finished reading all of them. And where is Sarah ' date='I mean didn't anyone notice she was missing?

[/quote']

you mean in this last chapter? she gets off at the same place as john, we hust assume that she already got off of the bus, though i guess i should make that clear, huh? ^__^ thanks i'll fix it.

fixed. thanks again for the help.

here is chapter twelve. I hope you like it.

[spoiler=Chapter Twelve]

Invitation to the Final Battle

My mom woke me up the following Saturday. I was registered in a regional tournament at the Game Center, and even with everything else going on, I didn’t want to miss it. Oh course, I’d forgotten my alarm, so I was running a little late. Since I’d missed the tournament in the park, I needed to duel some at least decent opponents to test my new deck out anyway. I wanted to be ready when Max returned.

I showered, dressed, and grabbed my bag, containing my deck, and grabbed my Duel Disk, all at super speed. My mom agreed to drive me. That way I would still make it there a bit early and get a chance to scope out the competition.

“I still don’t understand why you have a problem with me entering one of these things,” Mon said. “Don’t you think it would be fun to face off in a big duel?”

“Not in public,” I said. “You may be a Duelist, but you still embarrass me as much as any mom can be expected to embarrass her son.”

“You know,” she said, thoughtfully, “I think I kinda resent that.”

We arrived at the mall only a few minutes later. I grabbed my bag and jumped out of the car, running strait through the Game Center’s outer entrance.

Mom

I watched John run inside the Game Center. I was proud of him, fighting to save the world and all. I was worried a little, sure, but I knew he was strong enough. If anyone knows what it takes to save the world, it's me.

Besides, I thought, he has Kimi and Jenifer and Sarah and his other friends there to help him. If Duel Monsters is really the key to defeating these evil forces, then these kids are the ones to be doing this. They’re the best.

I was on my way out of the parking lot and back onto the street when I noticed that John had left his Duel Disk on the back seat, next to where he had set his bag on the way over. He had probably meant to put it in his bag, but forgot.

I’d better run it in to him, I decided. He’ll probably need it to duel with.

I turned the car around and pulled into a space relatively close to the door. I grabbed John’s Disk and exited the car, making my way toward the entrance.

I was nearly there when I got the strange sense that I was being followed. I turned around and found myself face to face with a boy about John’s height wearing faded jeans and a baggy hooded sweatshirt with the hood up, obscuring his eyes.

“You must be Max,” I said calmly, speaking loudly enough to let my voice carry across the several yards that separated us.

“Yes,” Max said. “I’m here for you.”

“Why me?” I asked, though I was pretty sure I knew the answer.

“Simple,” Max replied. “Right now I don’t have anything to offer your son in exchange for a duel, so I need to take one of his loved ones, and the only one incapable of fighting me is you.”

“Well,” I said, a bit sarcastically, putting John’s Duel Disk on and inserting my own deck, “I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not some weak middle aged lady who can’t defend herself. I’m a Duelist too, and you can’t make me come with you.”

Max looked at me carefully. He seemed intrigued. “Well then, If you really want to fight me, a bit of borrowed magic and a Shadow Game will force you into submission.”

The area around us grew darker. Like the color was being drained away. I shrugged, “Okay young man, but remember, I won’t go easy on you.”

Max looked even more interested now. “This should be…unusual,” he said. “I’ve never dueled an old lady before. Allow me to go first. I draw, and I summon the vampire bat ‘Blood Sucker’, attack mode.” A red-skinned man bat appeared, hissing loudly, its teeth bared (ATK: 1300).

“I’ll also set two cards face-down,” said max, “and end my turn.”

“Well,” I said, “I guess that makes it my turn. I just hope I remember what to do.”

“Nice try,” said Max, “but I see it now. Your Duelist spirit is strong.”

I smiled, “You can’t blame me for trying.”

Max smiled back, a wicked sight, “Not at all.”

“I begin,” I said, “with a face-down monster. Your move.”

“Hmm,” said Max, “interesting move. Simple. Nothing to concern myself with. I activate ‘Overpowering Eyes’, allowing my monster to attack directly,” ‘Blood Sucker’’s eyes flashed red and it zipped across the field, biting me on the shoulder and zipping back. I felt the wound and found that I was bleeding (8000-1300=6700).

“Next,” said Max, “because you were damaged by ‘Blood Sucker’, you must discard the top card of your deck.”

I nodded and discarded my card, the pink pterodactyl dragon ‘Seiyaryu’.

“My move again,” I almost sang. “I Flip-Summon ‘Crystal Seer’, letting me check the top two cards of my deck, add on to my hand, and return one to the bottom of my deck. Essentially, I look into my future to gain control of my present.”

A woman appeared, robed in red, wearing a blue cape and a cloth over her face, carrying a crystal ball in her left hand (ATK: 100).

“Next I summon another monster, my ‘Herald of Creation’,” an elegant woman in a golden gown appeared, wearing a silver breast plate, a golden helm, a cloth across her face, and carrying a gleaming golden staff (ATK: 1800).

“‘Herald of Creation’ let’s me discard one card,” I said, “to return a level seven or higher monster from my Graveyard to my hand. I toss out one card to return a card added to the Graveyard earlier on.” I inserted one card into the Graveyard, and a different card emerged. I took it into my hand.

“Now,” I continued, “I activate the ‘Double Summon’ Spell card, allowing me one more Normal Summon this turn. I sacrifice ‘Crystal Seer’ and ‘Herald of Creation’ to summon ‘Seiyaryu’!”

The pink dragon appeared in the air above me in a swirl of wind and light (ATK: 2500). She roared, anxious to attack.

“‘Seiyaryu’,” I commanded, “attack, Breath of Light!” A beam shot from the dragon’s mouth, engulfing the ‘Blood Sucker’, wiping him out (8000+1300-2500=6800).

“Good play,” said Max, excitement in his voice. “This could be more challenging than I thought.”

“I’m not done yet,” I said, confidently. “I place one card face down. Now you can go. And hurry up. I don’t want to take too much longer.”

“Don’t worry,” Max said. “I’ll make it quick, though I wouldn’t say painless. Begin turn. Activate ‘Different Dimension Capsule’. I place one card from my deck out of play, and in two turns I add that card to my hand. Plus, a second ‘Capsule’, letting me do the same.” He searched his deck for two cards, and placed them in the pocket of his shirt.

“Next I activate the Continuous Spell ‘Call of the Mummy’, and reveal ‘Turn Jump’,

5nry9d.jpg

moving time on the field forward several turns, letting me open my ‘Capsules’ now.”

Two Egyptian capsules, each like a slightly too small sarcophagus, rose out of the ground and opened, revealing the holograms of two cards. The ‘Capsules’ and the card holograms faded as Max took two cards from the pocket of his sweatshirt and placed them in his hand.

“Now I activate ‘Card of Demise’, letting me draw until I hold five cards, as long as I throw out my entire hand in five turns. And I reveal my face-down card, ‘Soul Release’, removing five cards in my own Graveyard from play.”

Max took five cards from his Graveyard and placed them in his shirt pocket. I wondered what he was planning, hoping that I was wrong.

“Now,” Max continued, “I summon ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’, removing the last two cards in my Graveyard from play to raise his attack points.” A fiendish warrior appeared, riding a motorcycle, carrying a pike in his left hand(ATK: 1400+(300x2)=2000).

“But that’s not what this has all been about,” Max said. “The entire point of this whole thing was to remove seven of my cards from play while leaving zero cards in my Graveyard. Now I can play the Spell card ‘Chaos End’, destroying every monster on the field!”

There was a blast and a shockwave, and ‘Gustaph’ and ‘Seiyaryu’ were destroyed.

“And now that you’re wide open,” Max said, “I use the effect of ‘Call of the Mummy’ to Special Summon ‘Despair from the Dark’.”

The shadows all around us expanded and merged, forming a massive torso that rose from the ground, towering over the field (ATK: 2800).

“Now, finally,” Max declared, “I set another card and attack, Shadow of Despair!”

“Reveal,” I said, “the mighty ‘Spellbinding Circle’, ensnaring your monster and blocking it’s attack.” A magic circle appeared and flew toward the shadow, but before it could reach it’s target, a burst of wind shattered it. “Activate,” said Max, “the Spell card ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’, destroying your Trap before it can do any harm.”

As Max spoke, the shadow creature reached forward and slashed me with his claws. It hurt. Bad (6700-2800=3900).

“My move,” I said, feeling a little feint. “I gain 200 Life Points from the effect of ‘Marie the Fallen One’ sent to my Graveyard by the effect of ‘Herald of Creation’ (3900+200=4100). Next I activate ‘Summoner’s Art’, adding a high level monster from my deck to my hand.” I revealed the card to Max, the monster card ‘Splendid Venus’.

“Next,” I continued, “I summon ‘Light Effigy’.” A jumble of swirling light appeared (ATK: 1500). “The ‘Light Effigy’ can be used as two tributes for the Tribute Summon of a Light monster. So by combining it with a second copy of ‘Double Summon’, I can sacrifice ‘Light Effigy’ to summon the monster that I just added to my hand.”

‘Light Effigy’ split into two smaller jumbles of light, and the two jumbles swirled together and flashed. The flash of light faded, and a glorious angel emerged. She was tall with four white wings, wearing a pale yellow gown, over which she wore golden armor. Over her face she wore a golden mask, and over her head she wore a golden crown. In her left hand she carried a gleaming golden staff (ATK: 2800).

“The ‘Splendid Venus’,” I said, “is one of the most powerful monsters in the game. The light that reflects from her golden armor is strong enough to cut the Attack of all non-Fairy monsters by 500.” The Attack power of Max’s ‘Despair from the Dark’ fell (2800-500=2300).

“’Venus’,” I commanded, “attack, Eternal Radiance!”

Light poured from ‘Venus’, overpowering ‘Despair’ and washing it away (6700+2300-2800=6200).

“You triggered my Spell,” said Max, “the ‘Deal with Dark Ruler’. When a level eight monster that I control bites the dust, this Spell card kicks in, calling my most terrifying monster to the field. Cower in fear before my ‘Berserk Dragon’!”

There was a swirl of dark energy that pushed back ‘Venus’’ light. From the center of the swirl appeared a skeletal dragon with red eyes and tufts of brown hair coming off of the back of it’s head (3500-500=3000).

Oh no, I thought, what now?

“I also summon ‘Reborn Zombie’,” Max declared, and a ghostly skeleton appeared, dressed in tattered rags.

‘Berserk Dragon’ breathed fire over my monster, incinerating her, and the zombie charged in and struck me with his bony fist (4200+2800-3000-1000=3000).

“I also place one card face-down,” Max said, “and end my turn. My ‘Berserk Dragon’ loses Attack based on it’s own effect (3500-500=3000).”

And I saw it, the opening that would win me the duel. I smiled, “Max, do you know what I am? I’m a Master Summoner. I can summon any monster, any time.”

I drew, and placed a card in the Spell slot in the back of my Duel Disk. “I activate ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive ‘Splendid Venus’!”

The light returned, and the radiant angel descended to the ground at my side. The ‘Berserk Dragon’ roared, and its Attack fell (3000-500=2500).

“’Venus’,” I commanded, “Eternal Radiance.”

Max laughed his wicked laugh, “You fought well, Master Summoner,” he said, “but its too late. Reveal, ‘Reverse Trap’, changing all increases to Attack and Defense into decreases, and all decreases into increases.”

The dragon roared again, and its power rose, (2500->4500). Darkness flared around the dragon, pushing back my monster’s light. ‘Berserk Dragon’ spit fire, incinerating my angel yet again (3000+2800-4500=1300).

“Now I draw,” said Max, “and I finish you, Berserk Flame.”

‘Berserk Dragon’ fired it’s attack (1300-2500=0).

I fell to my knees, my strength drained. As I faded out of consciousness, I realized that Max finally had everything he needed.

John

I was in the Game Center for almost twenty minutes before I realized that I’d forgotten to put my Duel Disk in my bag. The tournament started in less than five minutes, but my first match wasn’t for fifteen. I ran back outside and pulled my cell phone out of my pocket. If I could get a hold of my mom, she would likely be able to get my Duel Disk to me in time. I dialed, and I waited. I heard something. I pulled the cell phone away from my ear. My mom’s phone was ringing somewhere nearby. I followed the sound and found my mom’s phone, my Duel Disk, and my mom’s cards sitting on a bench. Beside it all was a note. It read:

John-

I have your mom. Meet me at the construction site across the street from the mall tonight, or she’ll die.

-Max

I looked across the street at the construction site. It had been shut down due to some kind of scheduling conflict. It was big, and it was secluded. It was the perfect place for a final battle.

and a new profile!!

[spoiler=Character Profile #14]

Name: John's Mom

Deck Type: Master Summoner

Shadow Item: Shadow Pendant (coin-like with raised gold designs)

Favorite Monster: Seiyaryu

Spirit Monster(s): Splendid Venus/Athena

Description: Sandy blond hair and green eyes. Learned to play Duel Monsters from John (or so we are told), but her natural talent for the game allowed her to develop her own style quickly. She taught Kimi how to play, seeing potential in her. Kimi calls her "Sempei" as a sign of respect. When she duels, she prides herself in her ability to summon any monster any time. Even though she is somewhat easygoing and sometimes spacey, she has a wisdom about her that makes her very strong. She believes in the Duel Force and its mission, and she does all she can to help them.

Next Chapter Epic Final Battle; John vs. Max

the final battle with max has finally come!!!

Archived