Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

wow' date=' this villan is one tough opponent! but his deck kinda reminds me of Lumis and Umbra from the Battle City Arc of the yugioh series

[/quote']

i just got what you meant. the masked beast stuff isn't actually in Max's deck, he just brought it with him as part of his scheme. it was an incentive to get Jen and Tucker to bet their cards so that John would chase him.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chapter two is here!!!!!

and a profile on max that might be giving too much away, so if you don't like spoilers, don't read it yet.

[spoiler=Chapter Two]

Pursue the Enemy; High Stakes

“Max is it?” I said. “So you’re the next Duelist the Order sent to take us on, are you?”

“I’m one of the Order’s best,” he replied. “My ‘Spirit Reaper’ deck has never been beaten!”

“Then I guess it's time that we changed that. Let’s get this over with.”

“I would duel you for your friends’ cards, but you have nothing to bet for them.”

“Wrong,” I said with a smirk. “I have my Duelist’s Soul. That’s what you want isn’t it?”

Max smiled beneath his hood, “Absolutely. Well then, let’s get started. I’ll bring about your death!”

“Wait!” came a voice behind me. I turned to see Sarah running up to stand by my side. “John, this guy took down Jen and Tucker easily, and you just changed your deck around recently. Let me help you on this one.”

I turned to Max. “She can duel too,” he said, sounding bored, “but she must bet her Soul as well.”

I looked at Sarah. She nodded. We turned to Max. “You have a deal,” I said. “This will be a Shadow Game. The loser must uphold his end of the bargain, or give his life to the Shadows.

“I’ll go first,” I said. I drew my opening hand, expecting to draw one of my super powerful new cards. Crap! Almost all high level monsters. This is my worst hand ever!

I was worried, but I couldn’t let my opponent see. “I summon ‘Sangan’ in defense mode,” a brown fur ball with three eyes appeared (DEF: 600), “and I set a card. End my turn.”

“My move,” said Sarah, “and I start with my newest rare card, ‘Revival Jam’. I also play two cards and activate the Spell card ‘Card of Safe Return’. As long as this card remains on the field, I draw one card whenever a monster is revived from my Graveyard.”

On Sarah’s field appeared a creature of barely coherent liquid that was vaguely human shaped with a distorted face (ATK: 1500).

“Excellent move,” said Max. “Bravo Water Duelist. But it's my move now.”

He drew and looked over his hand. “I begin with the Field Spell card ‘Fusion Gate’.” Behind Max appeared a portal, emanating green light. “Using the ‘Fusion Gate’ I can remove monsters from play to summon a Fusion Monster. So I remove ‘Spirit Reaper’ and ‘Nightmare Horse’ in my hand from play to summon ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’.”

‘Spirit Reaper’ and ‘Nightmare Horse’ appeared. They circled around behind and flew through the gate, emerging in their combined form (ATK: 800).

“Next,” said Max, “since I have no cards in my Graveyard, I can activate ‘Dimension Distortion’ to summon one of my monsters that is removed from play. The monster I choose is ‘Nightmare Horse’.”

Beside the ‘Reaper’, the air rippled, and the ‘Nightmare Horse’ appeared.

“Now,” said Max, “I remove my ‘Nightmare Horse’ and a second ‘Spirit Reaper’ from play to summon a second ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’!”

Again Max’s monsters flew through the gate, and again they emerged as one monster. Max had managed to summon two nearly indestructible monsters in only his first turn, when I had barely been able to make any move at all.

“As you know from before,” Max declared, “my ‘Reapers’ can attack you directly, so I attack, once for each of you.” His two ‘Reapers’ rose up and moved to strike, but before they could get close enough to attack, they were deflected by a wall of liquid.

“Reveal,” said Sarah, “my ‘Jam Defender’. As long as I control this card, you can only attack my ‘Revival Jam’.”

As she spoke, her ‘Jam’ returned to it’s original shape and size, and Max lost Life Points (8000+800-1500+800-1500=6600).

“Now unless you have another play,” I said, “it's my turn again.” Nice move sis, I thought. My face-down was a total bluff!

Max shot me a look of frustration, and said, “I end my turn by placing one card face-down.”

Alright deck. I know I just changed you around a lot, but I also know you’ve got what it takes. Give me something good.

I drew. The card I got couldn’t destroy the ‘Reaper’, but it would do.

“I sacrifice ‘Sangan’,” I declared, “to summon my ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’.”

‘Sangan’ disappeared, and a tall, green-skinned, caped, headdressed, horned demon appeared in his place, holding a wine glass full of a red liquid that looked a lot like blood (ATK: 2450).

“Now,” I said, “I use my ‘Sangan’’s effect to take a monster with 1500 or less Attack from my deck and add it to my hand. I choose my ‘Magician of Faith’. And I attack your ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’, with my ‘Dark Ruler’’s Darkness Energy Orb.”

‘Dark Ruler’ raised his free hand and summoned a ball of dark energy, firing it at the first ‘Reaper’. The ball exploded, but Max and ‘Reaper’ remained unharmed. “Reveal,” said Max, “the Trap card ‘Spirit Barrier’. I think you remember it’s effect.” I scowled.

“My turn next,” said Sarah. “As your turn ends, I reveal the Continuous Trap card ‘Solemn Wishes’. Now, whenever I draw, I gain 500 Life Points. I draw (4000+500=4500), and I summon my ‘Water Magician’ in attack mode.” A woman in a green cape appeared, carrying a staff (ATK: 1400).

“Of course, I can’t destroy your monsters yet, so I’ll simply pass, for now.”

“This is interesting,” Max said. “I expected to see bigger plays from the leader of the Duel Force, but so far my greatest obstacle has been his baby sister.” At the word “baby” Sarah huffed angrily, but she stood her ground. Max laughed, an arrogant and somewhat wicked sound.

“My hand is empty,” said Max, “and my monsters can’t penetrate your ‘Jam’ Wall, but it’s like I say, Death can’t be overcome.

“I draw,” He said. He smiled wide upon seeing his card, “And I couldn’t have asked for a better card. Activate ‘Card of Demise’,

154661ez9.jpg letting me draw five cards, as long as I give up my entire hand in my Standby Phase five turns from now.”

Max drew five cards, and he smiled again. He had apparently drawn something good.

“I start off,” Max said, “with the fiend monster ‘Dark Jeroid’, a monster that can drain an enemy’s strength, defense mode.” A deformed blue-skinned mutant with multiple limbs appeared (DEF: 1500). It stuck ‘Revival Jam’ with two stingers coming off of it’s back and ‘Revival Jam’ lost power (1500-800=700).

“Next,” Max declared, “I play the Spell card ‘Pyramid Energy’, raising the Attack power of my two ‘Reapers’ by 200 (800+200=1000 (each)). Now I have one ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’ attack ‘Revival Jam’, and the other attacks you directly.”

Both ‘Reapers’ rushed Sarah. The first slashed the ‘Revival Jam’, splattering it across the ground (4500+700-1000=4200), and the second flew past and slashed Sarah across the chest (4200-1000=3200). She clenched her teeth. The worst attacks in a Shadow Game were always consecutive ones. One attack right after another. I knew it had to hurt, but I also knew that it would take more than that to throw my sister off of her game.

“I pay 1000 Life Points (3200-1000=2200),” Sarah said through the pain, “to activate the effect of my ‘Jam’. During my next Standby Phase the ‘Revival Jam’ will return to the field.” As she spoke, the splatter created when the ’Jam’ was killed came together as an undulating ball of plasma.

“Don’t forget to throw away two cards,” Max said, still wearing the same confident smile.

“Don’t worry,” Sarah said, straitening up and steeling herself, “I didn’t forget.” She discarded two cards without looking.

“I end my turn,” Max said, “with one face-down card.”

“My turn,” I said. “Activate the Spell card ‘Graceful Charity’. I draw three cards and then discard two.” I drew, but the only card I could use was a card from my old deck. I discarded the others.

“And now,” I declared, “I make my final stand with these.” I placed two cards on the Duel Disk, and the skeletal demon and the black dragon with the red eyes appeared.

“Go, ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ and ‘Summoned Skull’, fly through the ‘Fusion Gate’, and combine!” The two monsters entered the gate, and a black skeletal dragon emerged, “Arise, ‘Black Skull Dragon’!”

In terms of sheer beginning attack strength, the ‘Black Skull Dragon’ was my strongest card. It circled around behind me and landed at my side with a roar (ATK: 3200). But even with this mighty dragon at my command, I still had no way to overcome my opponent’s combo.

This duel is going to be tricky.

"Kill 'Dark Jeroid'," I commanded, and my dragon blew Max's monster away.

“I end my turn.”

[spoiler=Character Profile #11]

Name: "Max"

Deck Type: Fear of Death

Shadow Item: Power borrowed from the leader of the Order (Book Two); Soul of Life (Books Three and Onward)

Favorite Card: Skull Knight or Spirit Reaper (he likes them both)

Soul Card: Berserk Dragon

Description: Blond hair and blue eyes. Max lived most of his life in an orphanage, until he and his best friend, a Duelist named Randy, ran away to join a group that they heard was made up of the best Duelists anywhere, the Duelists of the Order. It wasn't long before Randy learned that any Duelist that went against the Order's mysterious leader was suddenly no longer the same person. Randy confronted the leader, and was killed in a penalty game in front of Max's eyes. Max is afraid for his life, and the leader, wishing to toy with Max and use him at the same time, convinces him that there is no way to deal with his fear except to be obedient. Max fights willingly for the Order, until he sees John's courage and gains the Soul of Life, giving him command over his own fears and the fears of others, letting him use fear as a weapon. Seeing that John is the only one strong enough to defeat the leader of the Order and pay him back for what he did to Randy and many others, Max agrees to join the Duel Force as a sort of guard, protecting John and the others until their task is completed. In order to make up for what he has done in his past, Max dedicates his life to bringing the wicked to justice. When he duels he is ruthless, treating friend and foe alike.

here's chapter three:

[spoiler=Chapter Three]

Slim Victory

Max looked over my new monster. He knew that he still had the upper hand. Meanwhile Sarah drew a card (2200+500=2700). “During my Standby Phase,” Sarah said, “my ‘Revival Jam’ returns from the Graveyard, and I draw one card from the effect of ‘Card of Safe Return’ (2700+500=3200).”

Awesome, I thought, smiling, as the ‘Jam’ returned to it’s original form. She uses her ‘Solemn Wishes’ and ‘Card of Safe Return’ to eliminate the cost of ‘Revival Jam’’s effect and gain an extra card all at once, each time ‘Revival Jam’ returns by it’s own effect.

“Next,” Sarah continued, “I sacrifice my ‘Water Magician’ to summon ‘Mobius the Frost Monarch’!” Sarah’s new monster, a tall humanoid creature in blue armor appeared (ATK: 2400).

“When ‘Mobius’ is normal summoned to the field,” Sarah explained, “he destroys two Spell or Trap cards with his Arctic Freeze ability.”

A cold wind picked up, directed at ‘Spirit Barrier’ and ‘Fusion Gate’. The two cards collected frost, and the cards and the ‘Gate’ hologram depixalized.

“In case you didn’t notice,” Sarah said, her voice full of pride, “without your ‘Barrier’ you are vulnerable now. ‘Mobius’ and ‘Revival Jam’, attack ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’!”

‘Mobius’ fired a powerful wind at ‘Reaper’, encasing it in a block of ice. The ice exploded into splinters, and ‘Revival Jam’ slammed the ‘Reaper’ in the chest. Max finally took some serious damage (6600+800-2400+800-1500=4300).

Max drew, “I set one monster, and I’ll change my two ‘Reapers’ to defense mode (DEF: 700 (each)).”

“It won’t matter,” I said, as I drew my card, “because my new deck doesn’t pay any attention to defense. Activate the face-down Spell card ‘Meteorburst’.”

154661cl9.jpg

“’Meteorburst’?” Sarah said, puzzled. “But you told me once that you don’t like that card.”

“Thanks to my Spell,” I continued, ignoring her, “one of my attacks becomes a piercing attack until the end of the turn. I attack your ‘Reaper’, Black Fire Meteor!”

Fireballs flew from the dragon’s mouth and hit the ‘Reaper’ (4300+700-3200=1800).

“My move again,” said Sarah, “but I don’t have moves that will work right now, so I set a monster and pass.”

“Then it's time that I took back control of this duel,” said Max. “I Flip Summon my ‘Mask of Darkness’, allowing me to return a Trap in my Graveyard to my hand, and I place that Trap face-down. Your ‘Revival Jam’ still poses a problem, so I’ll just have to get rid of it. I summon ‘Newdoria’,” An insane-looking fiend, hunched over, bound by metal collars and bands, appeared on Max’s field (ATK: 1200).

“’Newdoria’, attack ‘Revival Jam’.”

“Well that’s stupid,” said Sarah.

“Not really,” said Max, “because when ‘Newdoria’ dies he seals the soul of another monster to his and takes it with him.” ‘Revival Jam’ stretched his arms and plunged them through ‘Newdoria’’s chest, and ‘Newdoria’’s body opened up, becoming a black hole that sucked the ‘Revival Jam’ in, before it faded away. Sarah couldn’t decide weather to be shocked, or angry.

“Now,” Max said, “with your wall gone, you are open to attack. Activate ‘Secret Pass to the Treasures’. I select the ‘Mask of Darkness’ with a current Attack of only 900. It can now attack directly until the end of the turn. Next I activate a Field Spell, ‘Mystic Plasma Zone’, raising the attack of all Dark monsters on the field by 500.”

Above us, in the sky overhead, a swirling black cloud appeared. Lighting flashed within it, and the power of the monsters rose (3200+500=3700/2450+500=2950/800+500=1300 (each)/900+500=1400).

I realized what Max’s plan was. “No, Sarah!”

“’Mask of Darkness’ and my ‘Reapers’,” Max commanded, “attack.”

The three monsters charged. The ‘Mask’ slammed into Sarah’s stomach (3700-1400=2300), and fell back, pushed by the recoil, making way for the ‘Reapers’ to attack, one after another (2300-1300-1300=0).

“No,” I said. The ‘Reapers’ and the ‘Mask’ returned to their original positions on Max’s field.

“John,” Sarah said, standing as tall as she could, her teeth clenched, “you have to win this, no matter what it takes. We can’t lose the Souls to this guy.”

“I know,” I said. “I’ll end it this turn. Promise.”

I drew. Finally, I thought upon seeing my newest card. Seems like my new deck has finally given me a good card.

“I play the Spell card ‘Pot of Greed’, letting me draw two new cards.”

I touched the top card of my deck. Okay, I need to draw something now that I can use. If I give this guy even one turn, I might not survive. Give me something good!

I picked up my two cards. Two of my new cards. Neither of them was any good in this situation. I was about to end my turn and admit defeat when I remembered my face-down monster.

“I continue my turn by Flip Summoning my ‘Magician of Faith’, letting me take a Spell, like my ‘Graceful Charity’, from my Graveyard into my hand. I activate it, letting me draw three cards and then discard two.”

Alright deck, I know you’ve still got it, even if I did just rebuild you. Give me something. Anything!

I drew again. None of these new cards will help, but this one that I kept from my old deck is just what I needed!

“It looks like your strategy just got blown away. You have no face-down cards, so you can’t protect your ‘Spirit Barrier’ from this, my ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’!”

A massive gust of wind picked up. The wind tore through the hologram of the ‘Spirit Barrier’ card, tearing it to shreds. I expected Max to be angry, but he was smiling.

“Now I finish this duel, Black Fire Meteor.”

‘Black Skull Dragon’ roared and let loose it’s attack, bombarding the ‘Reaper’. There was an explosion, and when the debris cleared, Max stood alone, his monsters gone. I had won, but barely.

I walked over to Max, “It's over, give me the cards.”

“The cards are yours as I agreed,” max said, still wearing the same smirk, “but you’re wrong. This is far from over. Your Soul is the core. The key to the others. It will be mine.” He handed me the four cards and walked away, deeper into the woods.

I looked back at Sarah and asked, “You okay?”

She took a deep breath, “Yeah. Let’s get back to the others.”

chapter four is up, finally. i didn't like the way i had portrayed the fight scene at the end, so i took some time to rework it from the original written version. but here it is, as well as a profile on the sixth Duel Force member, Rocky Stone!

[spoiler=Chapter Four]

The Order Returns; The Duelist of Earth

“With the very strong chance that the Order will be making a move soon,” I said, “we need to work that much harder to find the recipients of the other Souls.” My fiends and I were sitting together around a table off to the side in the Game center following my Duel with Max.

I know a kid who could be set for a Soul,” said Tucker. “His name’s Robert Stone. He uses Earth attribute Rock monsters. He’s a good guy, and one of the toughest Duelists I’ve ever seen.”

“Do you know where he might be?” I asked

“He comes for the Duel Monsters Bi-Weekly here every Saturday,” Tucker answered.

“Then I guess we have a tournament to enter tomorrow.”

Tucker smiled, “You took the words right out of my mouth!”

We arrived the next day at 9:00 AM for the tournament. Being a fell fledged Duel Monsters team, The members of the Duel Force were given slots on the roster, even at the last minute.

“Alright boys and girls,” I said, addressing my team. “The first person to duel this Robert kid, ask him if he would be interested in talking to us after the tournament.”

The others agreed, and we split off, preparing to face our individual opponents.

Jen

My opponent in the first round was a blonde boy, about John’s age, named Nate. I walked up to the designated area within the center, and I found Nate admiring himself in a pocket mirror, combing back his hair. Pitiful.

Then he saw me, “Well hey there honey, you here to ask ol’ Nate on a date?”

Ugh! “No you moron, I’m your opponent.”

“Ohh, well then, Nate is pleased. Nate will wow you with his incredible skills and dashing good looks!”

I drew my opening hand, mumbling under my breath, “Get a life creep.”

“Allow Nate to make the first move (LP: 4000),” my opponent said. “Go ‘Reflect Bounder’!”

A machine with mirrors on it’s chest and arms appeared (ATK: 1700), but, to my dismay, Nate wasn’t done yet. “Next Nate sets a card. End turn.”

“Good,” I said, “because it was getting hard to keep from hitting you. I think I’ve had about enough of you. I’ll end this duel this turn. I play ‘Pot of Greed’. All I need is to draw one of several cards, and I’ll be able to win.”

“Impossible,” said Nate, combing his hair again. “Nate is superior.”

“Don’t think so,” I said, “’cause even though it will take every card in my hand, this duel ends now.

“I begin with one of my most powerful cards, my mighty ‘Pinch Hopper’ (ATK: 1000).”

“Mighty?” Nate said as the oversized grasshopper appeared. “That thing?”

“Yep, and I’ll show you why. Activate ‘Multiplication of Insects’,

154661ry3.jpg

sending ‘Pinch Hopper’ to the Graveyard to summon two ‘Hopper Token’ monsters with half the stats (ATK: 500/DEF: 600). Next, because my ‘Hopper’ went to the Graveyard, I can summon any insect from my hand.

“I summon ‘Nobleman-Eater Bug.” An eight and a half foot tall beetle with a brown exoskeleton appeared, holding it’s claws up, ready to strike (ATK: 950).

“Next,” I said, “I play ‘Insect Imitation’, sacrificing the level five ‘Nobleman-Eater Bug’ to summon a level six monster from my deck.”

‘Nobleman-Eater Bug’ disappeared and was replaced by an egg. The egg split open and the beautiful and elegant four-armed glossy-winged ‘Insect Princess’ emerged.

“Meet ‘Insect Princess’, my favorite card (ATK: 1900).”

Nate ignored me, focusing entirely on himself. Pitiful.

“Okay. Well then, here goes. Activate ‘Premature Burial’, bringing my ‘Pinch Hopper’ back from the Graveyard and equipping him with the Spell card (4000-800=3200). And I follow up with the Spell card ‘Heavy Storm’, destroying every Spell and Trap card on the field.”

“What?” Nate said, finally paying attention to the game. “But that’ll destroy your card too!” He watched as a strong wind carried away my Spell card and his Trap, revealed as mirror force.

“True, but when my ‘Burial’ is destroyed, my ‘Hopper’ returns to the Graveyard and I can summon my rarest card!” A huge insect with a massive thorax and an almost humanoid body appeared with a hiss. “Introducing the ‘Insect Queen’!

“Now I attack your ‘Reflect Bounder’ with ‘Hopper Token’.” The grasshopper lunged at the machine and was destroyed in a burst of light, dealing me 1700 damage, but activating the ‘Bounder’’s effect, destroying him as well (3200-1700=1500).

“And I finish, ‘Insect Queen’, ‘Insect Princess’, attack.”

“Noooo, Nate can’t lose!”

“Wrong.” ‘Insect Princess’ released spores from her wings, ‘Hopper Token’ disappeared, and ‘Insect Queen’ sprayed Nate with acid (4000-1900-2600=0).

“But Nate can’t lose!” He said, sounding defeated.

“Sorry, but Nate just did.”

Tucker

I was a bit more lucky than Jen. My first opponent was the guy we were looking for, Robert Stone. He and I had competed against each other before and he recognized me. “Hey, its Tucker, right? How’s it goin’.”

“Pretty good.”

“I haven’t seen you here for awhile. I heard you’re on that team, the Duel Force. The one that beat that Christopher Johnson guy’s team.”

“You heard right,” I replied, a little proud.

Robert was shuffling his deck when suddenly his eyes grew wide and he stopped. “Do you mind if I ask where you got that necklace?”

“That’s actually why my friends and I are here,” I said. “You and I need to talk.”

Robert ran his fingers through his dark hair and reached into the breast pocket of his vest, pulling out an amber colored Soul. “This necklace just appeared one day out of thin air,” He said. “If you can tell me anything about it, I’d be happy to hear it.”

John

“During the duel,” Tucker told me, “I told him everything, about the Duel Force, the Order, and the Souls. He seemed to believe me, and he wants to talk to you. I told him to meet us outside the Food Court and we’d all get some grub and he could talk to you. He wants to meet you.”

“But he believed you?”

“He seemed to,” Tucker said. “Realize he saw a Soul appear out of thin air. If that doesn’t give you an open mind, what does?”

“Good point,” I said, still wondering. Just because this Robert had a Soul didn’t automatically mean that he could be trusted. If the Order had managed to get to him first, there might be another reason why he was so easily convinced.

We neared the area that made up the entrance way to the Food Court. I looked around. Robert was nowhere to be found.

“Where is he?” Sarah asked.

“I dunno,” Tucker said, looking around blankly.

“Well,” I said annoyed, “this probably isn’t good.”

Soul of Darkness, I thought, help me find a boy named Robert Stone and the Soul of Earth.

My Soul glowed, and I closed my eyes, information pouring into my mind. “He’s behind the mall,” I said. “We should hurry. He’s in trouble.”

We ran outside and circled the building as fast as we could. When we arrived, we found Robert, surrounded by several large men. They rushed him. He caught one attacker’s fist in his palm, turned, and flipped the attacker into the side of a dumpster. He turned back toward his attackers, and was caught by a kick and sent sprawling. “Stay here,” I said to Sarah, Jen, and Amanda. Tucker and I ran forward. Well, I thought, looks like Robert isn’t working for the Order after all.

The attackers moved in for the kill, and were met by a pipe to the face. I stepped in between the slowly rising thugs and their target, planting the end of the pipe I had picked up firmly in the asphalt, and said, “Sorry, but you won’t get past me.”

Be careful, said Hiro. There’s a strange energy surrounding them

Well then, I thought, I’d better end this quick.

The sun was setting. There were shadows everywhere. My Soul glowed, and the shadows lashed out like thick black whips, slamming into the remaining attackers, knocking them out.

I turned to Robert and offered him a hand. “Hello Robert,” I said. “I’m John, leader of the Duel Force.”

He took my hand, and I helped him up. “My friends,” he said, “call me Rocky.”

“Those guys surrounded me in the mall,” Rocky said. “They said that the Duelists of the Order of the Divine Cards wanted my Soul, and that they would start hurting people if they didn’t get it. I couldn’t let anyone get hurt because of me. I learned to fight because I wanted to help people. So I told them that if they followed me outside I’d give them the Soul. They agreed, and I lead them away from everyone. I tried to fight them, but there were too many.”

I put my elbows on the surface of the table where my team and I were sitting in the Food Court, and interlaced my fingers. “Well you know what this means,” I said. “The Order is officially back.”

[spoiler=Character Profile #10]

Name: Robert "Rocky" Stone

Deck Type: Unbreakable Wall

Shadow Item: Soul of Earth

Favorite Card: Stone Soldier

Soul Card: Exxod, Master of the Guard

Description: Dark blond hair and light brown eyes. Rocky is someone who wants more than anything to protect others. He is afraid of hurting others, so he only learned defensive martial arts, like Ju-Jitsu. His deck style matches this, using high defense as a weapon. He doesn't like to duel in any duel involving shadow magic. He has always had a connection with the cards, and could feel that they were dangerous. He learned to duel so that he could protect others from that danger, and does not like putting others in that kind of danger, even if they are his enemies.

chapter five is up!!!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Five]

The Duelist of Light; John is Defeated!?

“My mom has been training some girl named Kimi at Duel Monsters for awhile now,” I said. “She uses Light attribute monsters. If I’m right, she’ll be the one to get the next Soul.”

“Whoa, wait,” said Rocky, combing his fingers through his hair, “your mom is a Duelist too?”

“Yeah,” I said. “I taught her to play a couple years ago. She developed her own style. She’s a natural. She’s at least as strong as I am, maybe stronger.”

“And she trained this girl?” Rocky asked.

“Yep, that’s how I know that this Kimi girl has to be strong too.”

“This will be the Soul of Light right?” Sarah said. “That’s your opposite, John. Kimi could be as strong as you.”

“Yeah,” I said, excited by the prospect, “I know.”

We were riding the bus to the mall. We had arranged to meet Kimi at the Game Center. She already knew all about the Souls and the Order and everything. My mom sort of has a problem with keeping important things secret sometimes. This meeting wasn’t about the Souls, or even weather Kimi would join with us. It was a challenge. She was challenging me to a duel. She said that she had a point to make. One that could change the team forever.

When we arrived at the Game Center, Kimi was waiting for us. “Hey John,” she said. “Bet you’re wondering what this is all about.” She sounded serious, and I couldn’t help but feel serious as well.

“Yeah,” I said, “I have.”

“Your mom asked me to duel you because she’s noticed something about you ever since you came from Egypt. She thinks that whatever happened over there changed you, and that’s why you so radically changed your deck.”

“What does she think changed?” I asked, a little annoyed.

“She thinks that you’re afraid. She thinks that deep down you are afraid of the Order’s power, and that you responded by adding as many rare card to your deck as you could, throwing off it’s balance. She wants me to prove it.”

I groaned, “Why can’t she remember that I taught her how to play this game, not the other way around.”

Kimi ignored me, flipping back her shoulder length jet black hair, “You’ve lost your connection to your cards, a loss that could prove fatal to a lot of people. And before you decline my challenge, keep in mind that accepting is the only way to get me to join your team.”

That got my attention, “Then does that mean-.”

“Yep,” Kimi said, holding up a pale yellow Soul.

“Fine,” I said, “but if I win, you and everyone else drops the subject of my deck. For good.”

Kimi nodded, “Sounds fair to me.”

I activated my Duel Disk and drew my opening hand. A small crowd was beginning to gather, but because we were not on the main stage, we didn’t seem to be drawing too much attention.

“I start this duel off,” I declared, “with the ‘Mad Dog of Darkness’.” An orange-haired dog the size of a small horse appeared between me and Kimi, growling loudly (ATK: 1900). “I end my turn with a face-down card.”

“Sempei warned me of your offensive style,” Kimi said. It took me a second to realize that she meant my mom. “I’m prepared for your strategy.

“I begin my move by placing one monster face-down in defense mode, and I end it with three other face-own cards.”

Okay, I thought. She can’t beat my ‘Mad Dog’ yet head on, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t have a plan. Of course, if I don’t attack, I’ll never see what she’s got.

“Alright, here goes,” I said. “I begin my turn by attacking your face-down monster.”

“Reveal,” Kimi said calmly, “the Trap card ‘Wall of Revealing Light’, paying 3000 Life Points to do so. As long as this Trap is active, monsters with fewer Attack than the Life Points I payed cannot reach me or my monsters.”

My ‘Mad Dog’ lunged, but a wall of light came up, blocking my monster’s attack.

“Risky move,” I said, “but it stopped me for now. I end my turn.”

“Before I draw again,” said Kimi, “I reveal ‘Solemn Wishes’. Now each time I draw, I gain Life (5000+500=5500). Next I Flip-Summon my ‘Agent of Creation Venus’.”

A female angel wearing a brown dress appeared to Kimi’s right (ATK: 1600).

“My ‘Agent of Creation’ has the power to summon beings of light,” said Kimi. “I pay 500 Life Points to summon ‘Mystic Shine Ball’ from my deck (5500-500=5000).”

There was a flash and a shining glass orb appeared in the air above ‘Venus’’ right shoulder (ATK: 500).

“Now I sacrifice both ‘Agent of Creation - Venus’ and ‘Mystic Shine Ball’ to summon my favorite card, the mighty angel ‘Wingweaver’.”

There was a huge flash and both of Kimi’s monsters faded away. The light faded and a new angel lowered to the ground in their place. She was tall with long purple hair and six wings, wearing an elegant flowing gown (ATK: 2750).

“’Wingweaver’, attack ’Mad Dog of Darkness’, Shining Breeze!” ’Wingweaver’ flapped his wings and shining feathers rained down on ‘Mad Dog’ from her wing tips.

“Reveal the Trap card ‘Blast Held by a Tribute’.”

“Counter Trap, ‘Solemn Judgment’ (5000/2=2500)!”

My monster was destroyed, and I lost Life Points (8000+1900-2750=7150). I had next to no moves left already.

“All I can do is set one monster,” I said.

“Good,” said Kimi. “I really want to end this fast. I draw (2500+500=3000) and summon ‘White Magician Pikeru’.”

A young girl appeared, wearing a loose fitting white dress and a Sheep Token headdress, carrying a staff (ATK: 1200).

“’White Magician Pikeru’, attack the face-down monster, Light Flare!”

Sparks enveloped my monster, my ‘Sangan’, and destroyed it. “Destroying ‘Sangan’,” I said, “allows me to search my deck for a monster.”

“That won’t protect you from the direct attack of my ‘Wingweaver’, Shining Breeze!”

The rain of shining feathers slashed at me (7150-2750=4400).

“Now I set another card and end my turn.” A hologram of Kimi’s face-down card appeared below her monster.

“My move,” I said. I drew, and I got my favorite card, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’. In my hand I had ‘Fusion Sword Murasame Blade’ and ‘Sword of Dark Destruction’. If I combined all three I could break through the ‘Wall of Revealing Light’ and destroy the ‘Wingweaver’ all in one shot.

Come on pal, you’ve never let me down before. We’ll finish this together!

“For my next move, I summon my favorite card, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’.”

The yellow-armored warrior appeared, but he was different. He turned to face me, his face filled with pain and anger. It hurt me to see it. Then, before my eyes, my favorite card dissolved into a cloud of black smoke and disappeared.

“No.”

“Do you see now?” Kimi asked. “Your deck resents you for butchering it. You won’t be able to win any serious duels until you settle things with your cards.

“Activate, another Counter Trap, ‘Divine Wrath’. I discard one card when you activate the ability of your card, destroying your monster. Its my turn. I draw (3000+500=3500), and activate the effect of ‘Pikeru’, recovering 400 Life Points for every monster I control (3500+800=4300). Next I play ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two more cards (4300+500=4800).

“Now I finish it. Summon ‘Shining Friendship’, equipped with ‘Malevolent Nuzzler’.”

Kimi’s monster, a spherical green creature with tiny angel wings and a halo appeared, surrounded by a purple aura (ATK: 1300+700=2000).

“My monsters attack.” I heard my friends talking behind me.

“No way,” said Jen.

“Did John just lose?” Tucker asked in disbelief.

I would have been bothered by this, but I was too deep in thought.

The three monsters attacked and I found myself engulfed in a field of light. It faded and Kimi’s monsters disappeared (4400-1200-2000-2750=0).

Kimi walked over to me and looked me in the eyes. She was a head shorter than me and had to look up to do so.

“Go home,” she said, “ and fix your deck.” She put her Soul around her neck, “Your team will be waiting.”

I went home and sat on my bed, pulling the card boxes out from under it and setting my deck out in front of me. I removed many of my new cards, keeping only the ones that I felt a real connection to. Then I went through my spare cards, reaching out with my Soul, sensing each card. Soon I had a new more balanced deck consisting of cards that I knew were or would become a part of me, just as the cards in my old deck had.

We still need a way to test it, Hiro said. I hadn‘t realized that he had been watching. I looked over and saw him in his transparent ghostly form leaning against the wall.

“Don‘t worry,” I said. “There‘s a tournament in the park tomorrow that should do nicely.”

[spoiler=Character Profile #9]

Name: Kimiko "Kimi" Hakashi

Deck Type: Burning Light

Shadow Item: Soul of Light

Favorite Card: Wingweaver

Soul Card: The Agent of Judgment - Saturn

Description: Black hair and gray eyes. Kimi moved to the U.S. from Japan when she was five. She believes in doing the right thing no matter what. She only recently learned how to play Duel Monster, becoming the apprentice of John's mom, but she has a natural talent for the game. Her deck contains many effective strategies, but her most effective one involves manipulating the ratio of her and her opponent's Life Points, and dealing simple effect damage.

sorry, not yet. this part of the story is already written. any suggestions that i take will not be used for awhile or might only be featured in one of the specials, since the best thing about writing a special is it lets the characters use cards that they don't use during the actual series. but even though the first series is (nearly) done, i still have two-three other series to write after those, so you never know. even i don't know what will happen to the characters' decks so far into the future yet. i just write them as using the cards that feel right for them to use.

but even if i don't use a suggested card, i appreciate that you took the time to make the suggestion. keep reading. i think you'll like john's new deck either way. especially in his final battle against max, which is coming pretty soon, sort of ^__^

Hi there' date=' Boeinglim is my lil' bro, he's still a newbie, but he liked ur fic, thats somethin' u should be happy of

[/quote']

He introduced me to ur fic, i really liked it, nice to meet ya legendhiro

you like armed dragon? here's a little tip for you:

once armed dragon lv 7 or 10 is in the graveyard, if you have no way of bringing him back to hand/deck, and you don't have level modulation, summon phantom of chaos

PhantomofChaosGLAS-EN-SR.jpg and remove him from play to give phantom armed dragon's effect. like armed dragon is getting back at the opponent for being killed ^__^

hey legendhiro do you want a member card i make them for free!

sure, though i may not use it in my sig all the time, since i already have a bunch of images that i use and might not have room.

Archived