Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and here is the new chapter!!

[spoiler=Chapter Thirteen]

Epic Final Battle; John vs. Max

With my Duel Disk and my deck in hand I made my way from the bus stop to the construction site. It was about nine thirty. My friends, save Amanda, were in tow.

“Where is he?” Karen asked as we made our way across the threshold and deeper into the site itself.

“Can’t tell,” I answered. “Its pretty dark.”

“I’ll help with that,” said Kimi. Her Soul it up. Rocky pulled a small flashlight out of his pocket, and Tucker took out his lighter. With the three of them in front, the Duel Force headed deeper into the abandoned work zone, searching for Max, and my mom.

We walked for several minutes, searching the half-finished buildings for any signs of life. It wasn’t long before we saw a light up ahead. We walked toward it and found ourselves in an open area lit by a set of massive heavy duty industrial lights. At the far end of the clearing was a crane. In the control box, tied to the seat, was my mom.

“Mom!” I said.

“Hey honey!”

“How could you lose to Max?”

“Sorry!”

I was about to say something else when the Soul alerted me of a presence behind me. I turned, and there, stepping out of the shadow of a nearby building was Max, wearing a sinister smile. He walked past me and moved to stand at the opposite end of the clearing directly across from me, near the crane.

“I’m glad you made it,” said Max. “Now we can get on with this. Our final confrontation.”

“Give me my mom, Max”

“Not until you beat me. This will be a Shadow Game, your mom for your Soul.”

“Alright,” I said, “but you should know the balance of my deck has been restored, and my cards haven’t had a chance yet to fully stretch their legs. They’re anxious to fight. You can’t defeat me.”

“We’ll see,” Max said. “After all, its impossible to overcome Death.”

We activated our Duel Disks, Life Points rising to 8000 each. “Allow me to alleviate some of this building tension,” Max said, “and go first.”

As he spoke, the color seemed to drain from the objects around us, and the darkness became more pronounced.

“I begin,” said Max, “with two copies of the powerful Spell card ‘Different Dimension Capsule’.” Two Egyptian capsules appeared and opened. There was a flash, and suddenly each capsule had a card in it. The capsules closed, and they sunk into the ground.

“Each ‘Capsule’ now holds a card from my deck. In two turns, both ‘Capsules’ will emerge and those two cards will be added to my hand. Next, because my hand is looking a little small, I’ll activate the Spell card ‘Pot of Greed’. I draw two cards, and then I summon the savage ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’,” The fiendish warrior appeared, pike in hand, riding his motorcycle (ATK: 1400). “I activate his ability by removing my ‘Pot of Greed’ from play. Now my monster gains 300 Attack until the end of your next turn.

‘Chaosrider‘ gained a glowing aura and his power rose (1400+300=1700).

“For my opening move,” I said, working hard to keep the nervousness from my voice, “I activate the Continuous Spell card ‘Soul Absorption’. Now each time a card is removed from play I gain 500 Life Points. Next I activate the powerful Spell card ‘Painful Choice’. I select five cards from deck and show them to you, you must choose one to add to my hand, and I send the rest to the Graveyard.”

“Interesting,” said Max, smiling excitedly. “Choose your cards.”

I pulled my deck from the Duel Disk deck loader and sifted through, choosing five cards. Then I shuffled my deck and replaced it, and placed the five cards on my Duel Disk. Holograms of the five cards appeared for Max to see. They were ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’, ‘Summoned Skull’, ‘Giant Orc’, ‘Strike Ninja’, and a new card, ‘D.D. Scout Plane’.

“Tough choice,” said Max. “Those are all very powerful cards. But seeing how you have no monsters in play, I think I’ll let you have the two sacrifice ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’.”

“I thought you’d do that,” I said, “so I was ready with another Spell card, ‘Monster Reincarnation’. By sending ‘Red-Eyes’ to the Graveyard, I can return the ‘Strike Ninja’ that you sent to my Graveyard to my hand. Now, I summon ‘Strike Ninja’ in attack mode, and end my turn.”

My ‘Strike Ninja’ appeared, standing at my side, kunai knife in hand (ATK: 1700). My ninja was strong, but thanks to ‘Gustaph’’s effect, he was just as strong. My attack would have to wait.

“When your turn ends,” said Max, “my ‘Chaosrider’ loses strength.” ‘Gustaph’’s aura faded, and his Attack fell (1700-300=1400).

“I draw,” said Max, “and I activate the Spell card ‘Pyramid Energy’, raising the power of my monster by 200 (1400+200=1600). And because ‘Pyramid Energy’ is in the Graveyard, I can remove it from play to increase the Attack of my monster even further (1600+300=1900). Now he’s stronger than your ‘Ninja’. Attack, Battle Pike!”

‘Chaosrider’ raised his pike and rode strait toward my monster. My ninja was confident. He stood unmoving with his arms crossed. ‘Gustaph’ rode past the ‘Ninja’, carrying him past me as well, and slashed, but his pike hit only air.

“Where did the ‘Strike Ninja’ go?” Max demanded.

“Easy,” I said. “I can remove two Dark monsters in my Graveyard from play to activate my monsters ability. So I removed ’D.D. Scout Plane’ and ’Red-Eyes Black Dragon’ from play, letting him step out of play until the end of the turn. He is a ninja after all.”

“Very clever,” said Max, “but my monster hasn’t continued his attack yet. So instead of having him attack a monster, I’ll have him attack you.”

I looked over my shoulder at the ‘Rider’. He revved his engine and rode back toward Max, passing me, and slashing me with his pike. I smiled through the pain (8000-1900=6100).

“Remember,” I said, my teeth clenched tight, “that I have ‘Soul Absorption’ in play, so I gained 2000 Life Points before you even attacked (6100+2000=8100). Your attack barely stung.”

“This duel has just begun,” said Max, “and I have plenty of tricks left. For now, though, I place a card face-down and end my turn.”

“Then my ‘Strike Ninja’ returns,” I said, and the black-clad ‘Strike Ninja’ appeared out of thin air at my side. “Now the ability of my ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ activates, and it appears as well.”

A metal orb with a lens in the center and several multi-jointed arms attached to it appeared in a ripple of light (ATK: 800).

I drew to begin my turn. My card was my favorite monster, the powerful ‘Fiend Megacyber’. Alright my friend, you and I are gonna show this guy what the two of us can do. We’ll show him our real power!

“I begin my turn by sacrificing my ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ to summon the mighty ‘Fiend Megacyber’!”

The yellow-armored warrior appeared, his fists raised, charged with energy.

“Now I’ll gain the lead by attacking ‘Gustaph’, Megacyber Impact!”

‘Fiend Megacyber’ rushed forward and punched ‘Gustaph’ in the chest. The ‘Chaosrider’ depixalized, followed by his bike (8000+1400-2200=7200).

“Next I’ll attack directly with ‘Strike Ninja’, Ninjitsu Shuriken!”

‘Strike Ninja’ leapt up and threw a kunai at Max, hitting him in the chest (7200-1700=5500).

“I place one card face-down,” I concluded, “and I’ll end my turn.”

I can do this, I said, taking a deep breath. Against my new deck, Max doesn’t stand a chance!

Next Chapter Epic Final Battle; Different Dimension Deck

and another one. yay!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Fourteen]

Epic Final Battle; Different Dimension Deck

“Its my move,” said Max, his expression intense, “and I’ve got plenty of moves left. To start, I draw, and my two ‘Different Dimension Capsules’ return, opening to reveal my two cards.” The ‘Capsules’ rose from the ground, opened, and then disappeared. Max reached into the pouch in his shirt where he keeps his removed cards and pulled out two of them, adding them to his hand.

“Next,” said Max, “I play ‘Monster Reborn’ calling ‘Chaosrider Gustaph’ back from the dead.” There was a flash, and ‘Gustaph’ appeared, motorcycle and all. “I’ll also activate the Spell, ‘Card of Demise’, letting me draw until I hold five cards.”

Max picked up three cards and added them to his hand. He looked them over, “Perfect. I got just what I needed. Activate ‘Soul Release’ to remove four cards in my Graveyard from play.”

“In case you forgot,” I said as Max took four cards out of his Grave and pocketed them, “for each card you remove, I gain Life (8100+2000=10,100).”

“It doesn’t matter,” said Max, “because soon my combo will be complete and I’ll devastate you. I remove the two remaining cards in my Graveyard from play to increase 'Gustaph''s strength (1400+600=2000). But this is nothing compared to my true plan. I have seven cards from play, and I have no cards in my Graveyard. This unlocks a whole new side of my deck.

“First I activate the Spell card ‘Chaos Greed’, allowing me to draw two cards from my deck.” Max drew his cards, smiling all the while. “Next,” he declared, “I activate the Spell card ‘Chaos End’, opening a vortex that will destroy every monster in play!”

“You forget,” I said proudly, “that by removing ‘Summoned Skull’ and ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ from play, my ‘Ninja’ can avoid your effect.” ‘Strike Ninja’ jumped up, and disappeared, just as a vortex appeared above us, in the sky.

“But your strongest monster, ‘The Fiend Megacyber’, bites the dust,” said Max. ‘Megacyber’ and ‘Chaosrider’ were pulled upward, but only ‘Chaosrider’ was destroyed. Moments before he would have been pulled into the vortex, ‘Fiend Megacyber’ was hit by a beam. The air around him shimmered, and he disappeared.

“Trap card activate,” I said, “’Interdimensional Matter Transporter’, pushing my ‘Megacyber’ out of play until the end of the turn as well. And don’t forget ‘Soul Absorption’. More cards removed from play means more points for me (11,100+2000=13,100).”

The vortex faded away, and Max scowled. “My Spell did something at least. It opened you up to attacks until the end of the turn. Now I can summon a powerful monster and attack you directly. Continuous Spell card, ‘Call of the Mummy’, activate. Now, whenever I don’t control any monsters, I can Special Summon a zombie from my hand. This means that I can summon the mighty ‘Despair from the Dark’!”

The massive shadow creature rose up, towering over the field (ATK: 2800).

“Now,” said Max, “I normal summon ‘Regenerating Mummy’.” A tall gangly mummy appeared, wearing yellowing and faded bandages (ATK: 1800). “’Despair from the Dark’, ‘Regenerating Mummy’, attack him now!”

The two monsters struck (13,100-2800-1800=8500). I coughed, and I tasted blood. This shadow game was taking its toll. Even with high Life Points, If I wasn’t careful I wouldn’t make it through this duel.

“That’s all I’ve got now,” said Max. “Make your next move.” ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ and ‘Strike Ninja’ returned, along with the ‘D.D. Scout Plane’.

“Gladly,” I said, and I drew. “I think ‘Despair from the Dark’ has been out for long enough. I equip ‘Fiend Megacyber’ with the Spell card ‘Fusion Sword Murasame Blade’.” ‘Fiend Megacyber’ held his right arm across his chest, holding his hand in the shape of a knife. The armor on his arm grew out over his hand, stretching and sharpening into a long blade (2200+800=3000).

“Now attack,” I commanded, and the armored warrior rushed forward, his blade burning with static energy. “Kill ‘Despair’, ‘Megacyber Slash’!”

‘Fiend Megacyber’ stabbed his sword into the shadow and jumped up, slicing the creature in half. It cried out as the two halves of its body fell apart and melted away. ‘Megacyber’ did a back flip and landed beside me, sword at his side.

“Good move,” said Max. “You defeated one of my strongest monsters, but you haven’t defeated me. Reveal ‘Spirit Barrier’, the key card in my immortality combo. Now to damage my Life Points, you have to knock down every one of my monsters.”

“Makes sense,” I said, “since I can’t knock out any more of your monsters this turn. But I can do this. ‘D.D. Scout Plane’, attack ‘Regenerating Mummy’.”

“What kind of move is that?” Tucker whispered fiercely from behind me.

My ‘Scout Plane’ rushed forward, but before it could hit the mummy, it was wrapped in bandages and crushed. It hurt, but it also allowed my strategy to progress.

“Why would you let your own monster be destroyed?” Tucker demanded, but I didn’t have to answer.

Quietly enough that Max wouldn’t hear, even though I was sure Max had figured me out, Karen said, “Think. He’s been using ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ to recycle the effect of ‘Strike Ninja’. But he’s out of ways to return it to the Graveyard for free, so he had to risk losing some Life Points (8500+800-1800=7500).

“Risky,” said Max. “Is saving a mediocre monster for one turn really worth 1000 Points?” Well, I guess we’ll find out. For my move, I summon my spirit, the immortal ‘Spirit Reaper’. Next I play the Spell card ‘Timespace Hole’, allowing him to attack directly this turn."

154661nn2.jpg

The ‘Reaper’ appeared, turning to smoke, and moving behind me, slashing me in the back with his scythe (8500-300=8200).

“My ‘Reaper’ also forces you to shuffle your hand and discard a card at random from your hand whenever it hurts you,” Max said. I shuffled my hand, but little did Max know, I was able to keep track of every card effortlessly. I discarded the card that was least important to my strategy, the Spell, ‘Darkness Approaches’.

“Next,” said Max, “I attack with ‘Regenerating Mummy’ against your ‘Strike Ninja’.” The ‘Mummy’ lashed out with the bandages on his arms. They stretched and reached toward my monster.

“I remove ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ and ‘Giant Orc’ from play to save my ‘Ninja’ (8200+1500=9700).” The ‘Ninja’ jumped up, disappearing. “If you still want to attack,” I said, smiling, “you can still attack my ‘Fiend Megacyber’.”

“Nice try,” Max said, “but I’m not that stupid.” The ‘Mummy’ pulled, and it’s bandages retracted. Max was smiling darkly.

“I’ve finally gained the upper hand,” Max said, confidently, “and you don’t even know it. I’ll ensure my advantage with a face-down card.”

“You haven’t gained a complete advantage yet. I can still destroy your ‘Mummy’, even if it won’t hurt you. And, of course, at the end of the turn, ‘Strike Ninja’ and ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ return to play.”

‘Strike Ninja’ appeared again, and the ‘Scout’ shimmered into existence.

“Now, I draw, and I attack ‘Regenerating Mummy’. Let’s see it regenerate from this. Megacyber Slash!”

‘Fiend Megacyber’ shot forward and swung with his sword. Then he jumped back and landed to my left. As soon as his feet hit the ground, the ‘Mummy’ split in half at the waist and died. Max didn’t take damage thanks to ‘Spirit Barrier’. Plus, he still had the virtually indestructible ‘Spirit Reaper’, and a face-down card. Even with ‘Megacyber’ at my side, this duel was nowhere near over.

Next Chapter Epic Final Battle; Dimensional Victory

chapter fifteen is here!!!

[spoiler=Chapter Fifteen]

Epic Final Battle; Dimensional Victory

“I place one card face-down,” I said, “and then I’ll finish off with ‘Card of Sanctity’, giving each of us a whole new hand.” If I’m right about Max’s next move, this should be a piece of cake. If I’m right.

“If you’re really finished,” Max said, obviously wondering why I would draw so many cards and then pass, “then I move. Reveal ‘Polymerization’, fusing ‘Spirit Reaper’ with the ‘Nightmare Horse’ on hand to form ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’.”

The mummified ghost horse appeared. ‘Spirit Reaper’ flew over and settled onto the horse’s back, forming the ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’, arguably Max’s best card.

“Next,” said Max, “I seal your fate with the face-down Continuous Trap card ‘Robin’ Goblin’. Now, whenever I deal you battle damage, you must discard one card from your hand at random.

“'Reaper',” Max commanded, “bypass his monsters and mount a direct attack!”

‘Reaper’ flew strait at ‘Fiend Megacyber’, but when my monster struck with his sword, the ‘Reaper’ turned to smoke and slid past the monsters, reforming directly in front of me. He slashed with his scythe (8200-800=7400).

“Now,” said Max, “you must discard one card due to the effect of ‘Reaper’, and an additional card due to the effect of ‘Robin’ Goblin’.”

I shuffled my hand and discarded two cards, ‘Dark Ruler Ha Des’ and ‘Jinzo #7’.

“Good move,” I said, honestly, “but I’m not even close to finished.” I drew, and I got my ‘Dark Core’ Spell.

“Discard ‘Dark Master - Zorc’,” I declared, “to activate ‘Dark Core’, sucking your monster into the void.”

A black hole appeared above the ‘Reaper’, but before he could be pulled inside, the ‘Mask of the Undead’ appeared on the ‘Reaper’’s face, and he was surrounded by an invisible barrier that canceled the energy from my Spell.

154661tq4.jpg

“I counter,” said Max, “with my ‘Mask of the Undead’, negating your ‘Dark Core’ and removing my monster from harm’s way.”

“I’ve seen that card enough times to know what it does,” I said, annoyed. “Since I’m out of options, I attack ‘Reaper’ with ‘D.D. Scout Plane’. It may not be able to defeat your ‘Reaper’, but he’ll go back to the Graveyard, allowing me to re-use my ‘Ninja’’s effect.”

As I spoke, ‘D.D. Scout Plane’ lunged at the ‘Reaper’ and swiped with it’s arms. The ‘Reaper’ dissolved into smoke, reformed, and slashed the ‘Scout Plane’ in half with his scythe, destroying it.

“To begin my turn,” said Max, “I reveal the Spell card ‘Book of Life’, removing ‘Dark Master - Zorc’ in your Graveyard from play to revive a Zombie from my Graveyard. Rise again, ‘Nightmare Horse’!”

The ghost horse reappeared (ATK: 500).

“Don’t forget my ‘Soul Absorption’ card,” I said, my Life Points rising (7400+500=7900).

Max ignored me, “Now I activate my second ‘Pyramid Energy’, raising the Attack of my monsters by 200 each (ATK: 800+200=1000/500+200=700).

“Now, because all of my monsters share the same ability, I attack you directly with ‘Nightmare Horse’ and ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’!”

The two monsters swarmed. ‘Nightmare Horse’ kicked me onto my back (7900-700=7200). I sat up, and there was the ‘Reaper’, in my face. He slashed, and I fell back (7200-1000=6200). My Life Points were still high, but my body felt like it was coming apart at the seams. I wouldn’t survive very long.

“And don’t forget,” Max said, “you must discard three cards.”

Without even rising I selected three cards, sending them to the Graveyard. Then, still lying there, I pulled my next card. I looked at it, deciding beforehand that I would be happy no matter what it was. I had done my best, which was all I could really ask of myself, right?

I looked at my card, and I smiled, pushing myself back to my feet. “Sorry Max,” I said, “but I have to beat you now.”

“That’s impossible,” he replied, dismissively.

My smile widened, “Watch, and learn. I sacrifice ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ to summon a new monster.” I looked at my old friend. He nodded, and I nodded back. He disappeared, and a bulky and massive humanoid monster appeared, wearing silver armor. He had puffy green hair, and electricity danced across his body.

“’Fiend Megacyber’ gives way,” I declared, “for ‘Zaborg the Thunder Monarch’. When he’s summoned, he can instantly destroy any one monster on the field.” The new monster (ATK: 2400) raised his palm, charged with electricity.

“My ‘Reaper’?” Max asked, remaining remarkably calm.

“No,” I said, “I’m aiming for your ‘Nightmare Horse’.” Even as I spoke, my monster released the built up energy, vaporizing the ‘Horse’ in an instant.

“Now,” I said, “I reveal the Trap card ‘Skull Lair’, removing five monsters in my Graveyard from play to destroy the level five ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’.”

I took five cards from my Graveyard and placed them in my pocket where I keep my removed cards (6200+2500=8700). My card flipped up, and a ball of energy formed, launching forward and engulfing the ‘Reaper’. There was a crash and a crackle, and ‘Reaper on the Nightmare’ was gone, leaving Max’s field wide open.

“It doesn’t matter,” said Max. “Next turn I’ll play the ‘Monster Reborn’ card in my hand, and my ‘Reaper’ will return, leaving you right back where you started. You’ve exhausted your hand and your Spell and Trap cards. When my ‘Reaper’ returns, his ability will leave you top decking, and you’ll be a sitting duck!”

“I said I’d win this turn,” I said, “and I wasn’t bluffing. Its time for me to activate my ace card. I pay 2000 Life Points to activate ‘Dimension Fusion’.”

There was a crackle, and the sky above me seemed to fold over. Our dimension merged with the Different Dimension, creating a bridge.

“Thanks to my Spell card,” I said, “I’m able to summon three of my monsters that have been removed from play. One for each of my open Monster Card Zones.” As I spoke, ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’, ‘Summoned Skull’, and ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ flew through the fold. The dragon and the demon set down behind me, and the warrior landed at my side, arms crossed.

“Next I fuse ‘Red-Eyes’ and ‘Summoned Skull’ using ‘Polymerization’, forming the ‘Black Skull Dragon’!” The skeletal dragon appeared with a roar (ATK: 3200).

“Now,” I commanded, “attack, Black Fire Meteor and Ninjitsu Shuriken.”

‘Strike Ninja’ threw his knife, and ‘Black Skull’ launched a barrage of fireballs at Max. He was hit and thrown back (6000-3200-1700=1100). He steadied himself and looked up, into the face of my ‘Fiend Megacyber’.

“’Megacyber’,” I commanded, “attack, Megacyber Impact.”

‘Fiend Megacyber’ punched, throwing Max onto his back (1100-2200=0). Our monsters faded, and the darkness around us lessened, the color returning to our surroundings. Max struggled to his feet.

The darkness around us seemed to come together, and the shadowy face from the park returned. “You failed me again Max,” Yami said. “There will be no more second chances. I will use your spirit to fuel my own.”

“No,” I said, “you won’t. You won’t take any more spirits on my watch Yami.”

I stepped forward and flared up my Soul, but Yami was unconcerned.

“No,” said Max. “I won’t cower beside others ever again, and I won’t let other people fight my battles. If Yami wants to take me, and he’s able to take me, he can take me.”

He stepped in between me and Yami, and a amber crystal appeared, hanging around his neck.

“No,” said Yami. “I won’t let another Soul awaken in someone else’s hands.” He reached out with his shadowy hand, but Max wasn’t afraid. In fact, he was laughing.

“Sorry Yami,” he said, “but I don’t have to be afraid of you anymore.” He raised his hand, and Yami’s shadowy arm dissolved.

“Leave here Yami,” I said, stepping up to Max’s side. I raised my hand, and Yami’s body began to melt away.

Yami struggled, but his efforts were useless.

“This isn’t over,” Yami said, melting into the ground. “This isn’t over. I will have the Duelist’s Souls!”

And just like that, Yami was gone.

I turned to Max, my Soul ready, just in case, as the light of Max’s Soul faded. I asked him, “You okay?”

“I am now,” he said. “Now that I’m free of him.”

I looked over to the crane control booth where my mom was being held. Rocky and Tucker were already helping her down. The ropes were scorched where Tucker had burned them away with his lighter. I turned back to Max, “So Yami had you brainwashed too?”

“No,” he answered, “but Yami has more than one way to control a person.

“I’m definitely not the most open person,” Max said, “but there’s something that you all should know, so that maybe you can understand.”

And with a deep breath, Max began to tell his story.

Next Chapter Max's Story (final chapter in book two)

chapter sixteen is here!!! would have been up this morning, but my internet was down.

[spoiler=Chapter Sixteen]

Max’s Story

Max

When I was young, my parents died. That’s when Death and I first became acquainted. I was put into a foster home. My foster parents treated me like dirt under their feet. All I was to them was a monthly government check and something to kick around. They were tight with the social worker that was assigned to me, so they got away with it. It was like a living hell. I wanted to die. I was seven, and I already wanted to die. But I was too scared to kill myself. I had walked the border between life and death for a while, and death and I got to know each other pretty well. And that was my life until I was nine. Then the state finally found out what was going on. They arrested my first foster parents and placed me in a second foster home. They were great, but the damage was done. I was weird. Jittery. And I would talk about death and dying, because I didn‘t know that I shouldn‘t. Nobody had ever taught me any different. My new foster parents were afraid of me. They gave me up, placing me in an orphanage. There wasn’t a single kid there that would give me the time of day.

Then I met Randy. I was twelve and he was only eleven. We were on our way to the school down the street from the orphanage where we attended when some kids my age, Mark and Thomas, started bullying him. They dumped out his bag and started tossing it around, just out of Randy’s reach. It reminded me of the way I’d been treated for years. It hurt me to see it happening. I stepped in and fought the bullies away. Then I started helping Randy pick up his stuff, and I saw something that had been in his bag. Something that changed my life for the better.

“What are these?” I asked, handing him the pile of cards that had fallen from his upturned bag.

“Those are Duel Monsters cards,” Randy replied. “I have a ton of extra ones. When we get back after school I’ll show you. You can build a deck of your own and I’ll teach you how to play if you want.”

“Alright!” I said, excited. I knew that he was just trying to be nice to pay me back for helping, but still, no one had ever wanted to hang out with me. Even if Randy didn’t really want to be my friend, it couldn’t hurt to pretend that he was, just for a day, right? What harm could it do? I went in thinking that I was in for an eventual disappointment, but in the weeks to come, as Randy and I became real friends, all I seemed able to feel was surprise. I had a friend! I couldn’t believe it, and it took a year for me to finally realize that Randy wasn’t going anywhere.

I was thirteen when we heard about the Order. As far as we knew, it was just some club where duelists could escape their real lives and focus on becoming better at the game. The Battle City Tournament had just ended with the duel between Yugi Moto and Marik Ishtar and their Egyptian God cards. The game had reached its prime. Everyone wanted to get as good as they could. So we joined the Order, Randy becoming a star in the Order’s ranks, and me, the rising star that stood by his side. We were like the closest of brothers. Nothing could separate us.

For awhile everything was great. We hung out in the hidden Order Refuge in our sector and picked up on new combos and stuff. We watched as new Duelists joined every day, proud that we were some of the first.

Then we started hearing strange rumors about the founder of the Order. That he was always hidden in the darkness. That he was sending Duelists to capture strange ancient items from all over the map. And that anyone who stood up to him was never the same again. They were changed. Still similar to who they were before, only meaner, with an intense desire to do anything that Master Yami said, even if it meant that they had to kill, or die, in Yami’s name. We also heard that the mysterious Yami was moving from Refuge to Refuge to inspect the members, and that the next stop on his route was ours. Randy formed a theory that Yami was reshaping the minds of the Order members. I didn’t believe it, but I agreed to come along with him to confront Yami. Randy was confident. We were both confident. Too much so. We had no clue how powerful Yami really was or what was about to happen.

We decided that we would meet Yami head on the morning after his arrival. But I was late, and Randy was too impulsive. He went to face Yami on his own. When I arrived they were already dueling. Randy was an amazing Duelist, but Yami was better.

Yami had ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’ (ATK: 800) and three face-down cards and 2400 Life Points. Randy had the monster card ‘Dark Assailant’, a thin swift-looking humanoid Duel Monster wearing a skull mask marked with an eye, carrying a set of throwing knives (ATK: 1200). He also had a face-down monster, and a face-down card. His Life Points were lower, only 1600.

“I activate ‘The Inexperienced Spy’,” said Randy, “letting me see the last card in your hand.” The shadowy form of Yami placed his last card on his duel disk and a hologram of it appeared, revealing it as ‘Guardian Sphinx’.

“Perfect,” said Randy, his confidence apparent. “Reveal ‘Cloak and Dagger’. Now, when you summon your ‘Sphinx’, even by Flip-Summon, your ‘Sphinx’ is destroyed and removed from play.”

“Then I’ll have to counter,” said Yami is a thick raspy voice, “with the Counter Trap ‘Seven Tools of the Bandit’, paying 1000 Life Points to disarm and destroy your Trap (2400-1000=1400).”

“It doesn’t matter much,” said Randy. “I’ve got you. When I win, you’ll be banished from this realm and everyone that you are influencing will be freed. Flip-Summon ‘Night Assailant’ to destroy ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’.” A cloaked figure with a short blade in hand appeared, lunging toward the monster.

“Reveal ‘Quick Summon’,” said Yami, “letting me sacrifice my ‘Gravekeeper’s Curse’ to set a monster.” The ‘Gravekeeper’ disappeared and was replaced by a hologram of a face-down card. ‘Night Assailant’ sailed right over it, landed, and jumped back to Randy (ATK: 200).

“I figured as much,” said Randy. “Summon, my spirit, ‘Dark Hunter‘, the greatest assassin card ever made.” His signature monster appeared, a man in a cloak and a bird head mask. “I sacrifice my monster to activate his effect, destroying all face-down monsters on the field. Then I‘ll attack with ‘Dark Assailant’ and ‘Night Assailant‘ and finish you off!” The assassin monster lunged, preparing to destroy the ‘Sphinx’, but found himself suddenly drained of his power. He jumped back to Randy’s side.

“Reveal,” said Yami, “my final card, ‘Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror’, stripping all Dark monsters of their effects.

“Draw! And I Flip-Summon ‘Guardian Sphinx’, returning all of your monsters to your hand.” The three assassins disappeared, and the massive stone monster rose up, casting a shadow over the field. “Attack him directly now!”

‘Guardian Sphinx’ fired his eye beams, hitting Randy dead on. But the attack wasn’t some hologram. The beams hit, and my friend was vaporized, his body torn to pieces no larger than bits of dust. And while this was happening, while my friend screamed in agony, Yami laughed.

I was terrified. I was about to run, when Yami said, “Did you enjoy the show?” He was still staring at the spot where Randy had been, but I felt like he was watching me, looking into my very soul.

“Wh-what did you do?”

“I killed him,” Yami replied in a matter of fact sort of way. “Something that I will do to you, unless you continue to serve me and my Duelists of the Order.”

Yami looked directly at me, and I felt like all hope was gone from my heart and mind. “So,” he asked, “what will it be?”

John

“So,” said Max, “I had no choice. Yami would have killed me. I was afraid. I may be Death, but Yami was my master. The Master of Death. There was nothing I could do.

“I had nothing. No family. No friends. Only the Order. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t bring myself to truly be like Yami. I began to withdraw. I think that’s why Yami sent me after you. He was hoping that I would be defeated, or even if I wasn’t, I would get him the Souls, before he finished me off himself. He never expected that I would stand up to him.

“But I’d already decided,” he went on, furious, “after seeing your courage in our duel, that I would no longer let myself fall to fear. That I wouldn’t let it be my master. That I would instead become it’s master.”

“Couldn’t you have decided that a little earlier?” I asked, making Tucker snort a surprised laugh.

“You have a Soul,” said Kimi. “That means you’re a good person.”

“Yeah,” I said. “You should join up with us and help us fight off the Order.”

Max looked right at me, his expression blank, unreadable. “You would accept me, even after what I put you through?”

“They accepted us,” said Karen, stepping forward, gesturing to Monty and Lawrence.

“You were only pawns,” said Max spitefully. “I was a willing follower of Yami.”

“I wouldn’t say that,” I said. “Its like you said, there’s more than one way to control someone.”

“I don’t know,” said Max. “I need some time to think.”

Max turned, took a step forward, and vanished into the shadows of a half-finished building.

It had been nearly three weeks since my battle with Max at the construction site (coincidentally, construction resumed the next day). Karen, Sarah, Kimi, Rocky and I were sitting at our favorite table in the Game Center, watching Tucker show off by dueling one powerful opponent after another, hogging the arena. He hadn’t lost a single match. So far.

I watched Tucker finish off another opponent, marveling at how quickly he’d improved, going from a hothead to a skilled Duelist that thought his moves through.

I expected to see Max again eventually, but I was surprised nonetheless when he showed up at the Game Center. He stood in the entrance, his hood up, and watched me, as if inviting me outside to have a word. I stood up and followed him outside to the open area behind the mall.

“I’ve decided to join you,” said Max. “I believe that your Soul is the key to everything, and that you are in turn the key to defeating Yami and ending his reign of evil once and for all. I want to be there to aid you in any way I can.”

“Then I guess I should say welcome,” I said, offering Max a hand. He lowered his hood. He had spiky blond hair and fierce blue eyes. He shook my hand, marking the beginning of a powerful alliance.

i have not finished special number one, so, until i do, i have decided move right on to book three (since special number one isn't part of the main storyline anyway ^__^ ).

something important about book three. this is where the destinies of the members of the Duel Force diverge. John realizes that, strong as the others are, it is his job to carry most of the weight of their mission. it is also a much faster paced book, since the entire time the Duel Force is under attack from a team sent by the Duelists of the Order, until the end when the identity of the mysterious Yami is finally revealed.

like Odion in book one, there are characters from the original yugioh anime and/or manga in this book too. one should be easy to figure out if you give it enough thought. the other will be revealed on its own. anyone who guesses correctly who they are gets a rep!

and finally, here is the first chapter of book three!

[spoiler=Chapter One]

John vs. Richard; Mid-Match Collapse

It had been a few months since I defeated Max and helped him become free of the evil and mysterious Yami’s oppression and influence. Yami, the master of the Duelists of the Order, was still out there, but for now he had left us alone. My friends, for the most part, thought that Yami and his followers had given up. They encouraged me to start competing in tournaments again, to move on with my life as a Duel Monsters player, a Duelist. So when I entered myself in the regional tournament at the local I2 Game Center, they thought I had finally begun to agree.

Truth was, Max, Karen, and I were the only members of my team, the Duel Force, that believed the Order was still plotting against us. Max knew Yami pretty well, and Karen, one of Yami’s former minions, was one of the smartest people I knew. The fact that the two of them were anticipating an attack was more than enough to convince me. As far as the three of us were concerned, the Order was coming, and it was our turn to go on the offensive.

The third major series of events in the story of the Duel Force began as I was about to take part in the semi-final round of the local Regionals, in my hometown of Checker County Ohio. We didn't get a lot of big tournaments, and I would have been excited to participate, if not for what I had planned. I had been careful to wear a white t-shirt under my black jacket. That way my Duelist’s Soul would stand out. If anyone watching me was a member of the Order, the evil secret group that had tried to kill me and my friends six or seven times now, they would recognize the Soul right away. Hopefully they would see my flaunting it as a challenge.

Anyway, it was the start of the semi-finals. I stood at one end of the massive Duel Disk arena, part of the Game Center’s new outdoor Duel Yard, opposite my opponent, a kid named Richard. I pushed my unruly brown hair out of my brown eyes as I sized him up. He was sixteen, my age, with white blond hair wearing a black t with a red spiral on the front and ragged dark blue jeans. I’d heard he was good, so when my head started to hurt a bit, I figured it was just nerves and dismissed it out of hand.

The beautiful dark-haired Karen, the fierce but loyal Max, my best friend Tucker, and my short tempered sister Sarah were all in the audience, cheering me on. Or at least Karen, Tucker, and Sarah were. Max was busy watching the audience for anyone that might have been sent from the Order. He had discarded his over-sized dark navy blue hooded sweatshirt for a better fitting gray one, hood down, and a white ball cap emblazoned with a red “DM”. Sarah had her sandy blond hair up in a ponytail and wore a soccer jersey and knee length shorts. Karen, who never worried about her appearance yet always managed to dress well, was wearing a pink tank top under a purple vest, a red studded belt, and faded form fitting jeans. Tucker, with his red hair and green eyes, was wearing a red t-shirt depicting a flame, and black jeans embroidered with a fire pattern up the left leg.

“Its time for our next semi-final match,” said the announcer over the Duel Yard speakers. “Our computer has chosen Duelist #13 Richard, the High Gravity Duelist, to go first. How will John, the current favorite, handle this rising star?”

“I draw,” said Richard, “and activate the Spell card ‘Cost Down’, discarding one card to lower the level of every monster on hand by two until the end of the turn, letting me summon my ‘Gravity Behemoth’ to the field without tribute.” Richard discarded ’Gravity Bind’, and a massive black beast with two stubby curved horns appeared with a roar (ATK: 2300).

“Next,” Richard said, “I place a card face-down, and I pay 1000 Life Points and discard ‘Gravitic Orb’ to Special Summon ‘Gravity Chimera’ to the field as well (4000-1000=3000).”

154661cr3.jpg

A massive shadowy black wolf-like creature appeared alongside the first monster (ATK: 3000).

“That,” said Richard, full of confidence, “will end my turn.”

“Wow,” I said, “I can see why everyone says you’re good. But too bad for you, I’m better.”

I had in my hand the perfect combo to bring down Richard's monsters and most of his Life Points. I had no idea that things were about to go very wrong.

Karen

“But too bad for you,” John said, smiling that cute confident smile of his, “I’m better. Because your monsters out number mine by at least two, I can Special Summon my Spirit as a Duelist, the dark warrior, ‘Fiend Megacyber’!”

John’s signature yellow-armored warrior appeared at his side (ATK: 2200).

“Next,” John continued, “I play ‘Heavy Storm’, destroying your face-down card.” A huge whirlwind picked up, carrying the face-down card into the air, revealing it as ‘Zero Gravity’, before destroying it.

“Now,” John declared, “I sacrifice ‘Fiend Megacyber’ to summon the Embodiment of my Soul, the mighty Demon Lord, ‘Great Maju Garzett’!”

The ‘Fiend Megacyber’, his arms crossed, dissolved into black smoke and reformed into a massive brown skeletal fiend with massive shoulders. Embedded in each shoulder and in his forehead were spherical red crystals. The Demon Lord crossed his arms, just as the warrior had done.

“’Great Maju Garzett’,” John explained, "possesses strength that is twice that of the sacrificed monster.” The crystals on ‘Garzett’’s head and shoulders flashed, and his attack rose (2200x2=4400). Richard looked afraid.

“Now,” John continued, “I…I…I uhhh…”

I watched as John’s expression went blank and he fell first to his knees and then onto his face, unmoving. His Duel Disk's built-in heart monitor sensed that he was unconscious and his monster disappeared. Richard, who seemed honestly confused, and concerned, by what was happening, won by default.

Tucker and I reached John only moments before the Game Center security guard did, first aid kit in hand. He knelt down by John’s side, turning him over onto his back and checking him out. He gasped. “What?” I demanded.

“He…He’s gone into a coma. We need an ambulance. I’m definitely not equipped for this.”

The four of us were allowed to ride with John in the ambulance to the emergency room. The paramedics had removed his jacket and shirt in anticipation of cardiac arrest that thankfully did not come. Once we arrived at the hospital, we were surprised that we were not allowed to follow him on the stretcher to his room. Sarah and Tucker were pissed, but I managed to calm them down before any real harm could be done.

“This can’t be a coincidence,” said Tucker. “This has to be some kind of attack. Guess the Order isn’t gone after all.”

“Yeah,” I agreed, “we have to be ready so that if they strike, they won't catch us off guard.”

Tucker nodded, but he seemed unsure. He turned and walked away, “I’m gonna call the team.”

Jen

Karen called me around 5:20. She told me that John was in the hospital, and that the team needed me. If I left now, I would likely arrive by bus at about the same time as the others. Amanda was out of town at some camp thing, so this time I wouldn’t have to walk the two blocks to her house first and pick her up.

“Let me come with you,” said my sister, Kris.

“No way,” I said. “This could be really dangerous.”

“But I’m a Duelist too, and you’ll be a man short with John out of commission,” Kris’s eyes were pleading. “You need me.”

I pondered this for a minute. If the Order did attack, having another Duelist there could only help.

“Alright,” I said, “but we have to be careful. I may have already lost my cousin today. I don’t want to lose my sister too.”

After grabbing my things from around the house, Kris and I ran to the nearest bus stop. We had taken this bus often enough that it felt routine. It was something that should have been comfortable. But instead, with each passing second, I couldn’t help but feel that something wicked was waiting for me at the end of the trip.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

154661cr3.jpg

Next Chapter Ancient Being; Millennium Keeper

so' date=' the great maju garzett did that?

[/quote']

read chapter two. you'll find out ^_^

here's chapter two. I'll try to get chapter three up today as well, since there hasn't been much action yet.

[spoiler=Chapter two]

Ancient Being; Millennium Keeper

John

Its dark, I thought, are my eyes closed? No. But I can‘t see. Weird. I thought for a second, but could come up with nothing to explain my blindness. Maybe if I stand up, I thought, and I pushed myself up onto my feet. Suddenly I was in a familiar place, the Burial of the Soul, except instead of the altar where the Souls had been before they were released, there stood an old Egyptian man wearing plain white robes. He spoke. “Welcome John, to the tomb of your soul.”

Karen

I had been pacing the hospital waiting room for almost a half hour, ever since I’d called Jen. Tucker had taken care of calling the others. So far those of us who were here waiting had heard nothing about John’s condition. Also, no one had attacked yet, thankfully. Max thought that the attack was already over and that Richard had actually been an Order agent who’s job was to take john out, making us weaker, but I knew better. “No way,” I’d said. “That kid didn’t have a bit of magic to him at all. He had a lot of duel energy, but no magic, and I doubt that duel energy alone would be enough to do something like this to someone who has a Soul.”

I can’t let my guard down, I thought. Maybe I’m being paranoid and John’s just sick, but I hope not. If this is something other than an Order plot, then that means there’s nothing I can do about it.

John

“What do you mean ‘tomb of my soul’?” I asked the man. “Who are you, and what do you want?”

“Ah ah ah,” said the man. “One question at a time.”

“Fine,” I countered, “who are you? Speak fast.” I raised my hand, and my shadow rose up and wreathed my hand, forming a crude blade.

“Okay!” said the man, raising his hands in mock fear. “Don’t jump the gun here. I am the Millennium Keeper. I have a warning for you, and a test. Which would you like first?”

Karen

It had now been forty minutes since my call to Jen. Finally the doctors had something on John. A nurse came and got Sarah, Tucker, and I and lead us into the ICU. Max decided to stay behind in the lobby and wait for the others, who would begin arriving any minute.

Once we were through the double doors leading to the ICU, the nurse lead the three of us down the hall, outside of a room. There was a doctor waiting. The nurse walked away, and the doctor stepped forward. “Hello. I’m Dr. Thomas, your friend’s attending-.”

Before the doctor could finish his sentence, Tucker grabbed him by the collar and said, “Cut the pleasantries and tell me what’s wrong with my bro!”

Dr. Thomas twisted out of Tucker’s grasp and said, as he straitened his collar, “Calm down! Your friend is stable, at least for now. But we haven’t been able to bring him out of the coma, and all the tests we’ve done have turned up nothing. The truth is, we just don’t know what’s wrong.”

“Then you’re useless,” said Sarah, pushing past the doctor. “Now if you don’t mind, we wanna see him.”

We stepped into John’s room, followed by Dr. Thomas, who kept a good distance from Tucker. John lay there, unconscious, hooked up to several monitors, with an IV in his arm. If not for the beeping of the heart monitor, he could almost have been sleeping. But I knew better. John was in trouble, and it was up to the Duel Force to help. And we would, no matter what.

John

“I’ll take the warning first,” I said, keeping my blade up.

“Good choice,” Millennium Keeper said. “Your team, while protecting you, will face a force more powerful than they are currently, sent by your enemy to take your Soul of Darkness, the strongest of the twelve. Your body has been thrown into a coma because your mind and your spirit are out of balance with your Soul. I have infiltrated your mind so that I can help you restore balance and unlock your true power before it's too late to save your friends and yourself.”

“And how,” I asked, “will you do that?”

“With your test,” Keeper replied. “Or, more appropriately labeled, our duel.”

I smiled, letting the Shadow Blade melt away and become black smoke. “Well then, If it’s a duel you want, it’s a duel you’ll get!”

Karen

I sat down next to my best friend’s hospital bed. Tucker and Sarah had already reluctantly rejoined Max in the waiting room. I closed my eyes, and looked into my Soul. I smiled weakly at what the Soul of Imagination told me, opened my eyes and said, “John, my Soul tells me that only you can help you get better. I'm not sure what that means, but I trust my Soul and I trust you. But something bad is about to happen, I can feel it. We’re gonna need you, so hurry and get yourself better, okay? ”

Jen

Kimi was the last of us to board the bus, her stop being several stops after mine. She, Kris and I rode together the rest of the way. We got off and walked the half block to the hospital, running into Lawrence, Monty, and Rocky along the way. They had taken a different bus from their respective stops. They were closer to the hospital than my house was, but they had had to get off at a stop further away and walk the entire way here. I noticed that the only one of the three wearing a jacket was Monty, and wondered why Lawrence would wear only his tight t with the dragon footprint in forty degree Fahrenheit weather. Rocky wasn’t much better off, wearing that sleeveless t of his under that old army vest.

We walked together the rest of the way, every one of us aware that a powerful force was following close behind us, preparing to strike.

Next Chapter Karen Takes Charge; John vs. Millennium Keeper

Archived