Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

yeah, i know it sucks, but i'm putting good ol' duel force on hiatus for up to a week to a week and a half, but also maybe less. my computer crashed again yesterday, so i'm gonna let a friend of the family who owns a tech shop look at it. he said it could take up to a week or more to fix it, unless its not anything big, so i won't have a computer for awhile. sorry. the new chapter will be up as soon as i get my computer back though.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yippy! it's finally here!

[spoiler=Chapter Three]

The Duel Force on the Attack

Monty

Tucker and Sarah stepped back into the room. I waved them over to me and the others. Once they reached us I said, “Okay, so Sarah, Jen, Kris, and Kimi, head to the waiting room in the front of the hospital. Tucker, Max, Rocky, and Amanda, stay here in the back. Keep an eye on things.”

“What about you and Lawrence?” Sarah asked.

I smiled, “We’re gonna check something out. Even though it's not likely, it's still possible that whoever is in charge of the Order now is interested in the Souls and wants to weaken us. If they’re strong enough, they might be able to spell John, and eventually all of us. So Lawrence and I are going to use our Souls to locate a source of power within Order controlled areas that’s strong enough to pull this off. Chances are whoever wields such a strong power will be the current leader of the Order. We’ll confront him. Even if he’s not attacking us himself, chances are he’ll know who is.”

And without another word I turned toward the door. Lawrence was already waiting for me outside. I stepped up next to him, there was a flash, and we were gone.

John

I drew, and I got a card that, though it would have been more useful last turn, might help lead me to victory. After all, someone who’s deck only leaves you with Traps to play will have that card to use to disarm them. This card will be my defense against it. I looked over the cards in my hand. They were both Traps of course. I hadn’t set them last turn, because last turn I couldn’t use them. But thanks to Darkness they were the cards that would save me.

“I place three cards face-down, and I end my turn.”

“It doesn’t matter how many cards you set,” said Darkness. “I’ve already won.”

“We’ll see.”

My opponent drew, examining his hand. “I summon my ‘Decayed Commander’, which allows me to Special Summon my ‘Zombie Tiger’ as well.” A living dead samurai appeared alongside a mummified and decaying tiger. The samurai jumped up onto the tiger’s back as Darkness declared, “I unionized my monsters together (ATK: 1500).

“Next I reveal my ‘Violet Crystal’ Spell card, increasing the power of my ‘Decayed Commander’.” A purple jewel appeared, sinking part way into the ‘Commander’’s chest, and he was surrounded by a purple aura (1500+300=1800).

“Attack,” Darkness commanded. His monster ran past me, the samurai slashing with his sword, and the tiger slashing with its claws as it did. I held back a painful yelp and grabbed my side and then my shoulder. I was bleeding, but not badly. Still, it hurt. A lot (7500-1800=5700).

“Now,” said Darkness, “I play ‘Combination Attack’, splitting my monsters and allowing them to attack again once each.” ‘Decayed Commander’ jumped down from the back of his mount, and Darkness placed his Spell in the Graveyard.

Bingo!

“As soon as your Spell card hit the Grave,” I said, wearing a wide, confident smile, “I activate ‘Zombie’s Jewel’,

154661.jpg allowing me to add your card to my hand.”

“Which allows me to chain ‘Royal Decree’,” said Darkness, wearing the same smile. “This paralyzes all of your Traps, making your deck absolutely worthless.”

“Unless I pay one thousand Life Points (5700-1000=4700) to counter with ‘Seven Tools of the Bandit’.”

My opponent’s smile faded, and his ‘Combination Attack’ card turned to smoke, floating over and reconstituting in my hand.

“Because a card belonging to my opponent was added to my hand,” I declared, “I can activate ‘Card Retrieval’,

154661m.jpg allowing me to add one card from my Graveyard to my hand. And thanks to you, that’s nearly my entire deck.”

“No!”

A card ejected from my Graveyard, and Darkness regained his composure. “I can still attack,” he said, and ‘Decayed Commander’ (ATK: 1300) and ‘Zombie Tiger’ (ATK: 1400) struck again. Claw marks appeared across my chest (4700-1300-1400=2000).

Darkness smiled again. “I’ll defeat whatever card you chose,” he said. “After all, I am superior.”

I only smiled.

Monty

Lawrence and I arrived at the location of the strongest source of Shadow Magic in area controlled by the Order. We were in a massive stone room, like a man made cave, or maybe some sort of dungeon. The walls were smooth and decorated with gold. I looked over my shoulder. The only exit was a massive, gaping archway behind, leading to a stone corridor. Opposite the exit were two seats, like thrones.

There were two figures waiting for us. They were twins, indistinguishable except that one had bright red hair, and one had bright blue hair. They were both tall, both wore white t shirts, gray over shirts, and khaki-colored pants, and both wore matching Shadow Pedants, heavily decorated with gold. The power coming from these pendants rivaled the power coming from my Soul, though it was different. It was almost as strong as the energy from the Soul, but much more dependant on the Duel Energy of the wielder.

“Are you the guys who’re in charge of the Order these days?” I asked.

“Yeah,” said Red Hair.

“When we sensed your leader’s spirit leave his body, we anticipated a visit from members of the illustrious Duel Force,” Blue Hair continued. His voice and that of his brother were nearly identical; not too deep monotones.

“Did you separate his body and soul?” Lawrence demanded.

“No,” Red Hair answered.

“And neither did anyone in our organization,” said Blue Hair.

Lawrence looked over at me as I filtered the twins’ words through my Soul of Knowledge. I looked back at Lawrence and said, “They’re telling the truth.”

“Well then,” said Lawrence, “we’ll be going.”

“Not so fast,” said Red Hair. “We had no intension of taking on the Duel Force. The Duelists Elite is enough of a bother on its own. But we do like your Souls.”

“So since you’re here,” Blue Hair continued, “We’re going to take the opportunity to take your Souls for ourselves. With your Souls and the power of these Shadow Pendants not even the full force of the Elite and the Duel Force will be a match for us.”

Shadows formed around us like a cocoon, and a wicked expression spread across the twins’ faces.

Lawrence looked over at me, the same wicked expression on his face. “You know,” he said, “I was hoping it wouldn’t be that easy.”

Karen

I found myself in a strange place. Everything was dark, and I was floating in a vast void. The only thing I could see was a white plane above me and to my right. I didn’t even have to activate my Soul. I could feel it right away.

John! He’s here, I thought. He’s fighting in a Shadow Duel. I have to find him!

I concentrated on being able to move, and suddenly I was standing on the white plane. After checking that the plane really was solid, I broke into a run.

John

“I draw,” I declared, looking down at my newest card. It was just what I needed, but statistically speaking, with only nine cards left, I was pretty likely to get it. “I remove ‘The Fiend Megacyber’ and ‘D.D.M. – Different Dimension Master’ in my Graveyard from play to Special Summon the monster that I returned to my hand. My most powerful monster.”

Light and darkness combined, merging and taking the form of a large dragon in shining armor.

“You should be honored,” I told my dark side. “I’ve never found it necessary to use this card before. I’m glad too. It’s far too powerful. Much too powerful for a normal duel. No matter how “superior” you are, you cannot defeat my ‘Chaos Emperor Dragon – Envoy of the End’.”

The dragon’s eyes flashed red, and it roared at the utterance of its name (ATK: 3000).

“’Chaos Emperor Dragon’, attack his ‘Decayed Commander’ with Burst Chaos!”

My monster breathed a mighty beam of light and darkness. It poured over the dead samurai, incinerating him. Darkness lost Life Points (6600+1300-3000=4900).

“Now,” I said, “I activate my ‘Chaos Emperor Dragon’’s special attack ability.” I payed the cost of one thousand Life Points (2000-1000=1000). “Go,” I commanded as my dragon became wreathed in light, “use Chaos Detonation!” My monster exploded, his energy engulfing everything, including myself and my opponent. Everything was destroyed, including our hands.

“My monster’s special attack also deals you three hundred damage for every card that it destroyed.”

“I’ll live,” said Darkness as his Life Points fell (4900-2100=2800).

“No,” I said, “you won’t, because the last card in my hand was ‘Monster Grenade’.

154661y.jpg Because ‘Monster Grenade’ was sent to the Graveyard by a monster effect,” a small but sinister-looking living grenade appeared, latching onto Darkness’ chest, “you take damage equal to that monster’s Attack.”

“No, this can’t happen!” Darkness cried out.

The grenade exploded, throwing Darkness through the air and into the sea of shadows behind him (2800-3000=0). As he began to melt into the darkness, he began to laugh. “Do you think this is over?” he asked. “There’s an even stronger darkness here than me. Our duel served its purpose. That darkness has been awakened. Without me to control it this darkness will consume you. It will consume everything!”

He laughed even harder as he faded away completely, receding back into the deepest recesses of my mind.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

ChaosEmperorDragon-EnvoyoftheEndTLM-EN-UR.jpg

Next Chapter The Dungeon’s Trap

and here's the new one...

[spoiler=Chapter Four]

The Dungeon’s Trap

Karen

I reached John just as the shadows were falling away from him. Just in time to hear John’s opponent talking about a massive evil approaching. I chose to ignore the fact that John’s opponent looked just like him (and that I could somehow tell them apart with no effort whatsoever).

Just as the evil John was swallowed by the last of the Shadows and the Shadows faded away completely I called out, “John!”

“Karen?” He asked, turning to face me. “What are you doing here?”

“I don’t know,” I answered. But before the conversation could go any further I felt a dark presence on the horizon. John felt it too. He and I stood side by side, ready to face whatever this evil force had in store.

Monty

Lawrence and I stood facing our twin opponents. After their challenge had been issued their auras flared threateningly. There was a chance that we would be able to escape, but not a good one, so I said, “Fine, we’ll duel you, but you have to bet your Shadow Items against our Souls.”

“That’s fine,” said Red Hair.

“We won’t lose,” said Blue Hair.

“We control a power so ancient and a style of dueling so feared,” said Red Hair.

“That no Duelist can possibly defeat it,” concluded Blue Hair.

“Whatever,” said Lawrence with a grimace. “Let’s just get this duel over with.”

“Since you’re in such a hurry,” said Red Hair, “I’ll get things started. I draw, and I activate ‘Trap Booster’,

154661f.jpg discarding ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’ to activate ‘Ultimate Offering’ from my hand. Next I summon ‘Whirlwind Prodigy’.” A boy in rags appeared, riding the wind itself. “But this monster won’t be around for long, because I’m going to pay five hundred Life Points (4000-500=3500) and tribute ‘Whirlwind Prodigy’ to summon the God of Wind ‘Kazejin’!”

I was struck by the name of Red Hair’s monster. ’Kazejin’? Where have I heard that before?

A massive gust of wind picked up out of nowhere, and a green orb with arms and a small mouth, decorated with gold markings and adorned with the Kanji for wind appeared (ATK: 2400).

“Lawrence,” I said, an air of nervousness to my tone.

“Yeah?”

“What does that card do?”

Lawrence shook his head, “I don’t know. I’ve never heard of it.”

“Then I guess we’ll just have to attack it and find out.” I looked directly at Red Hair, “I’m next. You finished?”

“One card face-down,” said Red Hair, “and I end.”

“Then here I go,” I said. “I draw, and I summon my ‘Skilled White Magician’ in attack mode.” A sorcerer in white robes appeared, carrying a staff (ATK: 1700). “Next I activate ‘Brothers by Rite’,

154661a.jpg halving the Attack of my ‘White Magician’ (1700/2=850) to Special Summon ‘Skilled Dark Magician’ from my deck.”

A magic circle appeared beside ‘Skilled White Magician’. ‘White Magician’ intertwined his fingers and energy poured from him to the circle. There was a flash, and the circle faded. In its place appeared a second, similar sorcerer in brown robes, carrying a staff as well (ATK: 1900).

“Next I play ‘Double Summon’, letting me tribute both of my monsters to summon the ‘Dark Magician’! God or not, your monster’s weaker than mine.”

The two sorcerers disappeared, and in their place appeared a sorcerer clad in purple, carrying an emerald green, crystal-tipped staff in his right hand (ATK: 2500).

“I place a card face-down,” I said, “and since I can’t attack yet, I end my turn.”

“Then it’s my turn,” said Blue Hair. “Like my brother, I activate ‘Trap Booster’, discarding my ‘Cannon Soldier’ to activate ‘Ultimate Offering’. Next I summon ‘Unshaven Angler’.” A bony angler fish with pale skin and a massive jaw appeared. “And like with my brother’s ‘Prodigy’ I pay five hundred Life Points and tribute ‘Angler’ to summon the God of Water, ‘Suijin’!”

The fish disappeared, and a massive creature rose up, surrounded by water vapor. It was little more than a wicked, demonic face atop a pair of legs. His forehead was adorned with the Kanji for water (ATK: 2500).

Another monster that they’re calling a God? And another one that I feel like I’ve heard of. I wonder what they have planned?

“Anything else?” Lawrence demanded brashly.

“Yes,” said Blue Hair. “I place one card face-down and end my turn.”

“Of course you do,” said Lawrence. “I draw, and I activate ‘Painful Choice’. I choose five cards from my deck and reveal them to you. You choose one that I have to add to my hand, and I discard the rest.”

Lawrence pulled his deck from the loader, fanned it out, and selected five cards. Then he shuffled his deck, replaced it, and placed the five selected cards on the five monster card zones on his Duel Disk. Holograms of those five cards appeared above Lawrence’s head. They were ‘Luster Dragon #2’, ‘Different Dimension Dragon’, and three copies of ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’.

The brothers spoke as one, “Add ‘Different Dimension Dragon’ to your hand.”

So Lawrence did as he was told, smiling all the while.

“I activate,” Lawrence declared, “the Spell card ‘Dark Factory of Mass Production’, adding two Normal Monster from my Graveyard to my hand.”

Two cards ejected from Lawrence’s Graveyard; ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ and ‘Luster Dragon #2’.

“I summon,” said Lawrence, “my ‘Kaibaman’.” A young man in a white coat and a helm shaped like a ‘Blue-Eyes’’ head appeared. He pulled a Duel Monsters card from his belt and through it up in the air. There was a flash, and both the card and the man disappeared, replaced by the legendary ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’. The white dragon roared a mighty screeching roar (ATK: 3000).

“My dragon makes you so called “Water God” look like a puddle beside the road,” said Lawrence. “Cower in fear of my beast. ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’, Burst Stream of Destruction!”

And that’s when I remembered where I’d heard of our opponent’s cards. It was from Yugi Moto when he was telling me about his experience at the Duelist Kingdom Tournament. “Lawrence,” I cried, “wait!”

“Too late,” said Red Hair.

“’Suijin’,” Blue Hair commanded, “Wave Shield!”

‘Suijin’ summoned a stream of water powerful enough to actually deflect the dragon’s white beam attack. Having just attacked, ‘Blue-Eyes’’ Attack was temporarily reduced to zero. ‘Suijin’’s water stream reshaped. It engulfed the dragon, drowning it and washing it away. Lawrence took a serious hit (4000+0-2500=1500).

Blue Hair laughed, “And don’t think you can try that again. Our Gods cannot be defeated one-on-one, because they can both shield themselves and counterattack once per turn.”

“Then I’ll place this card face-down,” said Lawrence, selecting a card from his hand, “and I end.”

“Reveal,” said Blue Hair, “the Trap card ‘Xin Zhen Hu’.” Chains burst from the ground, ensnaring Lawrence’s face-down card as well as my own ‘Magical Hats’.

“Now I draw,” said Red Hair, “and I activate ‘Card of Demise’

154661.jpg to draw five new cards.”

He drew, and he smiled a wicked smile.

“For my turn I set a monster, place a card face-down, and end my turn.”

Then it’s my move again,” I said. I should be alright, as long as I don’t attack.

Red Hair smiled, “I know what you’re thinking. But I won’t let you skip your attack. I reveal ‘Battle Mania’! Now you ‘Dark Magician’ is forced to attack my ‘Kazejin’ this turn.”

I smiled, “Wrong. You set another monster, remember? I can attack it instead.” I looked over at my sorcerer and commanded, “Attack the set monster with Dark Magic.”

‘Dark Magician’ summoned an orb of green light to the tip of his staff. He swung his staff, flinging it at the hidden monster. But before the attack hit, the Wind God slid in the way of the attack. “Reveal ‘Stanch Defender’,” Red Hair declared, “allowing my ‘Kazejin’ to defend my other monsters this turn.” As he spoke the Wind God summoned up a gust of wind that deflected the ‘Dark Magician’’s attack, carrying through and slicing my monster in half (4000+0-2400=1600).

“Our decks are perfect,” said Red Hair. “We control when you attack…”

“And,” said Blue Hair, “we control what Traps you can activate.”

“And no matter what card you attack us with,” said Red Hair, “we’ll defeat it.”

“And soon,” said Blue Hair, “we’ll summon our most powerful God, and we’ll control when you die.”

“And,” said Red Hair, “there’s nothing you can do about it.”

John

I had no idea where Karen had come from, or even if she was really here, but I was glad to see her. There was something coming toward us. Fast. And the Soul was screaming at me that it was too much for me to survive alone. I looked around, trying to locate whatever it was that was bearing down on us, and I saw it; an undulating mass of darkness. It was massive. Even bigger than any one of the Egyptian Gods. The mass changed shape, becoming a huge dragon made of shadows. It opened wide, shuffled its wings, and roared.

“This is it,” I said, “the darkness that the Legendary Dragons returned to our world to help up fight. I can feel it.”

“Well then,” said Karen, “pop out those dragons and kill that thing.”

“That’s gonna be a problem,” I replied. “The only cards I have here in my mind are ones that I can manifest with my mind. They aren’t real. That means I can’t use any card that harbors an actual monster. That includes the Dragons. I need the real Dragons, but their back at my house in the real world.”

“Then what do we do?” Karen asked.

“We have to keep it from killing us until I can get us home. Of course it would help if I knew how to do that.”

The dragon roared again and opened its bright red eyes for the first time.

It saw us.

The dragon turned its head and inhaled. Then it exhaled, expelling a thick white beam with a black core strait at us. I grabbed Karen and pulled her close, raising a card up over my head; the ‘Mirror Force’ Trap card. A reflective barrier appeared around us, sending the beam back toward its source. The beam pierced the shadow and it dispersed like a cloud of smoke.

“Did you kill it?” Karen asked.

I frowned as I felt the dragon with my Soul. I sighed, “No, not even close.”

“Then let’s try to get a leg up on this thing,” Karen said. She held up a card of her own, “I summon ‘Dark Magician Girl’!”

A young blond woman in a pink and blue dress and witch’s hat appeared, wand in hand.

“Don’t start without me,” I said. “Summon ‘The Fiend Megacyber’!”

A warrior fully clad in yellow armor, with spikes on his shoulders appeared at my side, just as the mass of shadows reformed completely.

“Attack,” said Karen, “with Dark Burning!”

“Attack,” I commanded, “with Megacyber Impact!”

‘Dark Magician Girl’ flew up and fired several bursts of pink light at the dragon’s face, blinding it . My monster, using the dragon’s temporary blindness to his advantage, ran up and jumped, punching the dragon in the chest with everything he had.

The attacks had no discernable effect.

So while my monster still hung in the air I raised two more cards. The armor over my monster’s right arm grew out, becoming the blade of a longsword, and he was surrounded by a crackling, electric yellow aura. He shot up into the air and slashed the dragon’s head. The dragon turned to smoke again, and instantly began to reform. Our monsters pulled back, ready to defend themselves, but when the dragon had finished reforming, it ignored the monsters completely and focused on me and Karen. It fired an even more massive attack than before, trying to make sure that whatever defense we tried would fail.

“My turn to save you,” said Karen as the attack grew closer. She held up the Trap card ‘Spirit Barrier’, and a dome-shaped energy veil appeared around us. The attack hit, and I had to catch Karen. The force of the attack had shocked her and she’d almost fallen unconscious, blood trickling from her left nostril. But she regained her footing, even as the attack continued. I took her hand, lending her my strength, but she looked up at me and said, “No, I’ve got this. You focus on getting us home.”

So as much as I didn’t want to I let go of Karen’s hand, leaving her to weather the full force of the dragon’s attack herself, and I focused as hard as I could. My Soul flashed, and I felt my mind begin to reconnect with my body.

SuijinMRD-EN-SR.jpg

Next Chapter White Dragon Sorcerer

Wait' date=' since the jin's can only use thier barriers once than Red Hair and Blue Hair are bluffing!

[/quote']

but the lame-ie lame-ness of their official effects is lame. since the jins are supposed to be ancient and feared cards of which only a few cards have been made and of which few people know, i decided to give them the version of their effects from the anime (can use it once per turn).

gate guardian will not have its anime effect though. 3750 ATK and the ability to reduce the opponent's attack to zero (and three times per turn in this case) would be much more broken.

don't worry though, this won't screw up the fanfic, since this is the only time the jins appear, and this is a special.

the duel between the twins and Monty and Lawrence concludes...

[spoiler=Chapter Five]

White Dragon Sorcerer

Monty

“Before I end my turn,” I said, “I play the card I drew this turn, my ‘Pot of Greed’. This allows me to draw two cards.”

“Couldn’t you have played that before they sucked you into attacking?” Lawrence snapped.

“Sorry,” I snapped back, drawing my cards. “They kinda caught me off guard.”

I looked over me newest draw and I smiled. Not bad.

“Next I activate ‘Double Spell’, discarding ‘Book of Secret Arts’ to activate one Spell card from my opponent’s Graveyard. A Spell like your ‘Card of Demise’.”

I drew five more cards, and upon seeing them I shot Lawrence a look. He understood and nodded, and I smiled.

“I place a card face-down,” I said, “set a monster, and end my turn.”

“Draw,” said Blue Hair. “It’s time I clinched this duel for our side once and for all. I activate my ‘Card of Demise’ to draw five cards. Next I summon ‘Zone Eater’ and ‘Jurai Gumo’ (3500-500-3000),” a massive worm with a circular mouth filled with several rows of razor sharp teeth and a giant brown spider appeared, “and I tribute them both (3000-500=2500) to summon the third Elemental God, ‘Sanga of the Thunder”.” A massive floating brown and yellow torso with a small head and massive arms appeared. The ceiling high above us crackled with lightning. Like ‘Suijin’ bore the Kanji for “Water” and ‘Kazejin’ bore the Kanji for “Wind”, ‘Sanga’ bore the Kanji for “Lightning” (ATK: 2600).

It didn’t take me long to figure out what these monsters were.

“Lawrence-.”

“I see it.”

“Finally,” said Blue Hair, “I set a card and activate the Field Spell card ‘Deadly Labyrinth’.

154661o.jpg This card allows me to search my deck for our final trump card; our final God.”

Blue Hair fanned his deck and selected his card. As he did the walls around the four of us were replaced by plain, somewhat damaged stone walls. We were in a corridor within a massive labyrinth that was open to the red sky above.

“Now,” said Blue Hair, “I tribute my ‘Sanga’ and ‘Suijin’ and my brother’s ‘Kazejin’ to summon the strongest card that we possess; the unstoppable ‘Gate Guardian’!”

‘Kazejin’’s arms turned to emerald wind and retracted into his body, and he stacked atop Suijin, forming legs and an abdomen. Then ‘Sanga of the Thunder’ moved to rest atop ‘Kazejin’, becoming the torso of a massive creature, nearly as large as the Egyptian God ‘Obelisk the Tormentor’, and almost as powerful (ATK: 3750).

“’Gate Guardian’ attack with Tri-Elemental Force!” Blue Hair commanded. The God summoned lightning, water, and wind, aiming strait at the unprotected Lawrence. A bead of sweat formed on Lawrence's brow.

“Additionally,” said Blue Hair, “the ‘Deadly Labyrinth’ Field Spell increases the Attack of our ‘Gate Guardian’ by fourteen hundred during our Battle Phase (3750+1400=5150). You are done for Dragon Duelist!”

The God released its attack, and I went into action. “Reveal,” I declared, “the Spell card ‘Mystical Space Typhoon’!” A gust of wind rose up, severing the chains that bound mine and Lawrence’s face-down cards.

“Reveal,” said Lawrence, “the Trap card ‘Negate Attack’!” The three element attack was repelled by an invisible wall.

“Now,” said Lawrence, “it’s my turn. I draw, and as poetic as it sounds, I activate my own ‘Card of Demise’ card.”

He refilled his hand.

“Next I play ‘Magical Stone Excavation’, discarding ‘Different Dimension Dragon’ and ‘Luster Dragon #2’ to return the Spell card ‘Dark Factory of Mass Production’ to my hand. I activate my Spell now, returning two copies of ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ to my hand. Finally I activate ‘Polymerization’, fusing two ‘Blue-Eyes’ with the fusion substitute monster ‘The Light – Hexed-Sealed Fusion’,” two of the mighty white dragons appeared alongside a mass of metal and flesh. The three monsters merged together into a three-headed version of the ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’. “Behold my ultimate card,” said Lawrence as his dragon uttered a screeching roar, “the ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’ (ATK: 4500)!

“’Blue-Eyes’, attack the Gate Guardian with Ultimate Burst!”

Tucker

So while Monty and Lawrence were off on their adventure I was stuck back at the hospital with Rocky, Max, and Amanda, waiting to see if anything weird was going to happen. I guess John’s mom showing up kinda counts as something weird. Amanda saw her first. At first I wondered why she was here. Then it hit me Oh right, her son’s in the hospital!

When she saw us she bypassed the desk and sat down across from me. “So is this like last time?” she asked. “Is this some Soul related thing?”

“Yeah,” I answered.

“What can we do?”

“Nothing. All we can do is wait for things to play out and hope it’s the last time this kind of thing happens. Karen’s back with John now, offering moral support.”

“So if it’s just a matter of waiting, then what’s up with the high alert?”

I sighed, “Well, we didn’t tell you this, since we didn’t want you to worry, but last time this happened we fell under attack by the Order, hoping to hit us at our weakest. We were worried that someone might get the same idea this time too.”

She nodded her understanding.

That’s when something really weird happened. If it makes any sense, the sky started shaking, and then the ground started shaking. Everyone in the waiting room ran outside to see what was going on. The others and I stepped outside just in time to see a massive smoky shadow begin pouring from a hole in the sky. People began to run from the area, but as soon as the second team met with us we began running toward whatever the thing was. Karen never emerged from the hospital. I didn’t think anything of it at the time.

“That thing’s huge,” said Kimi.

“It looks like it’s emerging about a mile into the city,” said Jen. “We have to intercept it, whatever it is, before it can fully form.”

“Inter-what?” I asked.

Sarah answered in an annoyed tone, “It means cut it off.”

“Oh.”

Monty

The three heads of Lawrence’s monster combined their power into a massive orb of energy, meant to be released in the form of a deadly beam. But before the dragon could attack its shadow reached up, forming chains that ensnared it, inhibiting its movements and ability to attack. The energy faded away. “I told you,” said Blue Hair, “that we control when you attack. How do you like my Trap card, ‘Shadow Spell’?”

Lawrence grumbled as his dragon’s strength was sapped away (4500-700=3800).

“Draw,” said Red Hair, beginning his turn. “Because one of my monster was used to form the ‘Gate Guardian’,” he said, “I can attack with it as well.” The ‘Gate Guardian’ increased in strength again (5150), “Attack with Tri-Elemental Force!” The God fired its attack at the weakened dragon, tearing it apart (1500+3800-5150=150).

Everything’s going according to plan.

“I set a card,” said Red Hair, “and end my turn.”

“Then it’s about time we ended this duel,” I said. I drew, but I wouldn’t need my new card. The duel was already won.

“I feel sorry for you two,” I said. “I’m sorry that you’re going to lose, and that we’re going to take your Shadow Items, leaving you vulnerable to the wrath of any Order members that you wronged. But this duel has been going on for too long. I play monster reborn, reviving my ‘Dark Magician’!”

As I spoke the purple-clad sorcerer emerged from a flash of red light (ATK: 2500).

“Next I Flip Summon my ‘Magician of Faith’, returning my ‘Monster Reborn’ to my hand.” I took the Spell from my Graveyard, and placed it on the Duel Disk. “I reactivate ‘Monster Reborn’ to revive a second monster,” there was another flash and the three-headed dragon emerged, “the ‘Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’!” The dragon roared (ATK: 4500).

“Next,” I declared, “I activate ‘Polymerization’, fusing my sorcerer with the ‘Ultimate Dragon’!”

‘Dark Magician’ rose into the air, directly in front of ‘Blue-Eyes’. The dragon’s heads turned to metal, and its body turned into an orb of light that floated around the sorcerer, sinking into his chest at the same time as one head settled onto the sorcerer’s head, forming a helm, the second head attached to the sorcerer’s arm, forming a buckler, and the third head attached to the sorcerer’s staff. The top end of the staff stretched, becoming a blade, and the sorcerer's clothing turned white as a pair of broad white wings sprouted from his back. The new monster raised his blade and pointed it right at the ‘Gate Guardian’.

“Introducing,” I announced, “the ‘White Dragon Sorcerer’ (ATK: 3500).

154661h.jpg When this monster is summoned I can remove three ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragons’, ‘Luster Dragon #2’, and ‘Different Dimension Dragon’ in Lawrence’s Graveyard from play to place five Spell Counters on my monster,” five lights merged with my monster’s blade, “and for each Spell Counter that he has, my ‘Sorcerer’ gains 400 Attack (3500+2000=5500).

“I remove two Spell Counters from my monster (5500-800=4700),” I declared, “to place a seal on your set card, tethering it to the top of your deck.”

A hexagram appeared below Red Hair’s face-down card, and in a flash the card and the circle disappeared.

“I attack,” I commanded.

“No!” said Red Hair.

“We can’t lose!” cried Blue Hair.

Lawrence grumbled, “Why do they always say that?”

‘White Dragon Sorcerer’ drew another, larger circle in the air and flew through it, giving himself a massive speed boost. He shot strait past the God, slicing a white line across the ‘Guardian’’s chest with his blade. My monster touched down, and the white line blossomed out like a white flower, destroying the ‘Gate Guardian’ from the inside out as I called, “White Magic Blossom (3500+3750-4700=2550/2500+3750-4700=1550)!”

“Now we finish it,” said Lawrence.

I selected a card from my hand, “I activate ‘De-Fusion’.”

‘White Dragon Sorcerer’ separated into the two monsters from which it was formed, both of them under my control (ATK: 2500/ATK: 4500). “’Dark Magician’…” I called.

“Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon’…” Lawrence commanded.

“…Attack!”

“Dark Magic!”

“Ultimate Burst!”

Our monsters attacked our stunned opponents, and their Life Points fell. The darkness around us as well as the walls of the holographic labyrinth faded away.

I stepped forward and pulled the Shadow Pendant from the neck of an unconscious Red Hair, walked over, and pulled the Pendant from Blue Hair’s neck as well. I put the Pendant’s in my vest pocket, mine and Lawrence’s Souls flashed, and we were gone.

154661m.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

"Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" + "Dark Magician"

This card can only be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material monsters. This card's Type is also treated as Dragon. When this card is Summoned, you can remove any number of Dragon-Type monsters in your Graveyard from play to place the same number of Spell Counters on this card. Increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 400 for each Spell Counter on it. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell cards. When a Dragon-Type monster(s) is sent to the Graveyard place 1 Spell Counter on this card. You can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card to return one set card to the top of its owner's Deck.

Next Chapter Dark Divine Dragon

Archived