Yugioh Card Maker Tournament!

One?! I must protest, I would say atleast 5 real cards, but absolutely no more than 10. Of course you could make the maximum 5, then I'll be happy, it's just for really useful cards that would be in my deck if I really used these cards...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frunk you've misunderstood me. Its' one COPY per deck, but, of course, there can be exceptions (both banning and breaking the 1-per deck).

New Rules:

1) You may ask me for special exceptions for the real-card rules.

2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AT ALL can you have 11 or more real cards in your deck or side deck combined.

3) One copy of a real card per deck allowed, keeping in mind the ban list.

4) The ONLY exception to the 1-per deck rule (besides special exceptions) is Polymerization. This may be used in threes.

Ok, 36 hours (and a bit) to go till the deadline.

Check PM's, I've noted overpowered cards and possible solutions.

Frunk, I believe you are all of the things a Duel Mod must be, but are you a duellist or a Mod? (You MAY, if you wish, do both, but that would be very very very difficult to juggle all those things.)

On the issue of how to layout the duel, the layout Maddog's suggested will be used (or any other CLEAR and INSTRUCTIVE method. You MUST include LP totals, cards in hand, cards face down, monsters, etc.).

@Frunk: some effects and costs only activate in the Standby Phase.

Edited Main Post.

Oh, sorry Darkguy, my bad. :)

Just wondering, is the side deck compulsory in this tournament?

With the Duel Mod I really did want to do both, in the extremely likely chance that I will be in the final (Jokes everyone :twisted:) there will be you or Dan (should he want to Mod) to Moderate the Duel so that covers that. I really think by Wednesday we will have a fair few more players so I think in the case of there possibly being two or more Duels at once, or one of us are unavaliable, the other could step in. It's really just to take a bit off the pressure off you should you need it. :wink:

Side decks are not compulsory. But if you have one, it must have 15 cards.

Thanks for volunteering, Frunk.

(With Frunk joining I might see how my Mathematical Heroes stack up against the competition :wink: :twisted: :D).

Thats' eleven players now. I need all decks finalized in a week (that's an optimistic estimate) and then we can kick off the first duels.

In regards to how the duels will be run, Frunks/Danilus'/general consensus method illustrated below will be used. But, in the case that the duel cannot be completed, the players will continue to take turns until another session/time can be organized. This way, the duels will be shortened. These turns can also be taken before the first time the two players can get on together. This way, the whole tournament runs smoothly. I want conclusive duels, not wins on time 'coz of unforeseen effects.

Applications still open.

PS: When you PM me your cards, please just even copy and paste the card effects into the message, or you can link to the individual cards themselves. Its' difficult for me to pop between topics and PM's and my reply with regards to overpowered cards. Congrats to Ultimajk, who created a deck list so easy for me to look over it did itself. One shiny gold repcoin © for you :).

In the case that the duel cannot be completed' date=' the players will continue to take turns until another session/time can be organized. This way, the duels will be shortened. These turns can also be taken before the first time the two players can get on together. This way, the whole tournament runs smoothly. I want conclusive duels, not wins on time 'coz of unforeseen effects.[/quote']

I don't understand what you mean by this.

They play as in your method Frunk, and should most likely finish. But, if they DON'T, they will just continue making moves (now, yes, this way isn't too fast but its' better than doing nothing until another "session" (which is what I'll name your method Frunk), can be organized. Basically its' the same as your way with an added "safety net" if something extreme happens.

K Josh. Thats' 12... Should I close nominations now?

Point out what you mean Frunk, I have no idea what you're referring to.

More deck PM's made.

Maddog, you have to send to me how many of each card you want in your deck. Same with you, JoshCooper.

ENTRANCES CLOSE IN ONLY 9 HOURS!

I've sent out another round of modifications. Elsandero (or something, I can't remember the name off the top of my head), you need to tell me the number of cards of each you want. Nobodywins, sent out a reply, pointing out overpowered cards.

Masta, you're in. If Falling doesn't confirm in the 9 hr. period, you can have his spot.

After the contestants have been confirmed, the deck finalization period will start. If I don't have the first PM of the deck by Sunday, the player will be disqualified (of course, if they have a reason, that won't apply).

I need decks from The Hunter, NP_Sage, and HORUS.

Everyone who has yet to PM their deck:

PLEASE consider doing to following:

a) Posting how many of each you want in your deck. Only TWO people did this and I've had six decks I think.

b) The name of the card.

c) The effect of the card, a link to it, or the link to the topic. The first is preferred.

Everyone who has yet to PM their deck:

PLEASE consider doing to following:

a) Posting how many of each you want in your deck. Only TWO people did this and I've had six decks I think.

b) The name of the card.

c) The effect of the card' date=' a link to it, or the link to the topic. The first is preferred.[/quote']

What to you mean ''how many of each''?

"In the case that the duel cannot be completed" is easy enough.

I'll break it down... actually, its' too hard for me to put into words. I'll simplify it: if you cannot finish your duel, you must try to find another time to restart it from the point you finished. Hopefully thats' clearer.

Checking my PM's now.

Thats' not my reasoning, my reason is that sometimes unexpected things happen in the middle of the duel and I wouldn't wanna lose 'coz of that. This way just has a bit more safety in the case of the unexpected.

Shaco's deck has been confirmed.

As of right now,

Nominations are CLOSED.

There will now be 1 week for the deckmaking phase. Thats' one week MAX, I don't want this to go on for more than it needs to.

EVERYONE needs to PM me their decks, INCLUDING the number of each card you want in it. SO many people don't do it.

Its' somewhere on the first page but yeah, I'll copy it over.

Shaco

The Hunter

Death12328

elsandero

Ultimajk

NP_Sage

HORUS

nobodywins

YugiohMasta

Frunk

Maddog15

JoshCooper

TotalObelisk

If your name is in RED, then you need to get your first PM to me.

If your name is in ORANGE, then you need to finalize your deck.

If your name is in GREEN, then your deck has been confirmed.

Archived