Yugioh Card Maker Tournament!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Cries in frustration* I'm only 50% complete my set, there is very little useable Viking Fantasy Art anywhere, I realise you only need them in Writing form, but with me, the pic often comes before the card, the Art is the inspiration... I don't think I'll have these finished in time... Unless you put me in the last sceduled Duel for this round...

I'll PM you what I've done so far, so you can assess if anything need tweaking, power-wise.

Elsandero, the tourny has not started yet.

No, Frunk, I know you are a special exception, but I knew that most people would think "This is a great idea" then lack the motivation to follow through. That's why I was certain that I'd only get 4-8 players.

Maddog has a very good deck in his Cyber Lygers which I'd like to see and are almost overpowered-free.

Right now, I'm thinking of having simply a full Round Robin tournament, with the top 2 having a finals duel (or, if we want, semis, a 3rd place play-off, and then a final). If Maddog + Frunk plays, I might play myself and play pools (which we'd have to do as me v Frunk would be modless), 'coz seven I find is an icky number for a tournament.

Right... ok, right now I have nine players working. Is there anyone who would want to drop out now? 'Coz eight is a heck of a better number than nine. Of course, nine is still fine, but also I don't want any players who will be uninterested when it comes to dueling because it detracts from everyones' enjoyment: yours, your opponents', and mine too, 'coz I love watching duelling! :).

Checking Danilus's deck...

MODIFIED BAN LIST:

Full Advanced Banlist PLUS

Lightning Vortex

Fissure

Hammer Shot

Smashing Ground

Mirror Force.

Checking Danilus' deck... If you are playing, Cobia, you'll need to PM me.

(Danilus, your deck is fine except for the one copy of a card per deck (Mystic Tomato) and the above. Oh, and Nine Hells should decrease by 1 level, not two.).

On that note I'm going to read out the 3 pools of 3 (assuming we have nine, if one drops out, the other two in their pool will be split to the other groups):

Pool A:

TotalObelisk

Ultimajk

Cobia

Pool B:

Shaco

Death

Frunk

Pool C:

elsandero

Maddog

Danilus.

Two will qualify from each pool. Then, each duelist will duel every other player they have not yet duelled (ie. all other qualifiers except the other qualifier from the players' pool), and the semi-finalists will be determined by the players with the four best OVERALL records throughout the tournament, including both the pools and the second round. After that, it will just be a normal knockout, with Second Round finisher Number 1 v Number 4 and Number 2 v Number 3, with the winners facing off in a final, and possibly also a third-place play off in there too.

Maddog, thanks for that, but you're mistaken on the layout of the tournament. The second round doesn't go like that, but that doesn't matter. Thanks, man. That makes it slightly easier on me :).

I say we use it. It's easier than getting everyone to have MSN or AIM or forum duelling when he have to continually click refresh (which would take a lot longer).

PS. Maddog, are you able to modify the Tourny Layout page, or is it permanent?

How do you guys think of starting the tourny now (of course putting Cobia, Danilus and Frunks' matches last in their round.)

Pool A: TotalObelisk v Ultimajk

Pool B: Shaco v Death

Pool C: elsandero v Maddog

You'll need to arrange proper times for duelling, both with me or Frunk (is Danilus modding?) and between yourselves.

We need to discuss times in forum time to avoid confusion. On Sunday, about two hours from now would be excellent, and I'd be able to hold duels for about six hours. Saturday, less so.

Who is OK with Sunday, starting around 6:30 pm forum time?

PS. Just realised, Sunday here is Saturday forum time.

So who is ok with Saturday, between 6:30-10:30 PM forum time start?

Archived