Awards

YCMaker

This sounds cool. I hope I can be mod someday!

Now that's a great example for a post made by our future mod.

another great candidate for being sigged

it seems like the awards will be more elusive, like for doing something really special. So the question is, what constitutes really special, and who will be looking for these special actions so as to give the awards

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

besides of what its already part of the site.. I don't think we really need anything else like awards.. the only benefit I would think it is.. a more moderated way of having a good rep among other users.. sinse +REP points can be corrupted.. I know people put +1 reps for reasons like "birthday" "I like your t-shirt" or stuff like that.. and "won my contest for 186th time this week so I'll give you +3 again".... hope awards are better measured..

but as I said.. we have the basic stuff... what else should we ask for... I have curiosity of this "award" thing but not sure what do I have doubts on sinse most questions that are possible to answer right now have already been answered above in other comments ^-^

oh yeah... I would also feel good as a moderator.. but I still have lots of mistakes myself on correcting cards and stuff so.. Is something unreachable by the moment

The awards are going to be just like the reputation system.

At first they'll be cool and exciting' date=' but after a little while, they'll start to mean nothing, just like reps.

[/quote']

If they're properly enforced and done properly then they can survive.

They can, but it's very unlikely.

Especially taking into account the immense about of childish members on YCM.

The awards are going to be just like the reputation system.

At first they'll be cool and exciting' date=' but after a little while, they'll start to mean nothing, just like reps.

[/quote']

If they're properly enforced and done properly then they can survive.

They can, but it's very unlikely.

Especially taking into account the immense about of childish members on YCM.

It's simple. Those members will never recieve an award.

That's true. Think of Awards as a nice Bonus to Reputation Points. I understand that Reps don't determine how nice a Member is. But maybe Awards could be more personilized. Also if only Mods can issue them' date=' that would be extra Special.[/b']

>.>

Only the Super Mods can issue them otherwise they'd be extra pointless =P

Why Are you mean to so many people this is not your website if you want to be mean go ahead and make your own website:mad:

He's not being mean, he's being direct. There's a difference.

We're aware that this is not his website, hence why his group is not "Adminstrator".

He has his own site... wait, no, he doesn't. But still, he goes on SXR where he's part of Features Management.

Archived