Lock it. Necro Bump'd.

Sparta™

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is..............STUPID.

If Russia would attack it would be cast away from the UN, and have the whole NATO against it.

There is no way Russia alone could win the war against the most powerful alliance.

They wouldn't take the chance.

Plus a war between Russia and USA, and Europe becoming neutral would be very proffitable to Europe.

But yet again, there is no reason that Russia makes treatys with terrorists. The whole world would be against it.

it wasn't about Russia, more along the Soviet regime. They were the ones who threatened the US. Russia is no longer the enemy anymore, although tensions do remain.

Maybe some extremists might negotiate with the terrorists, but that's it (and will be punished for it anyway). You really think Russia is stupid enough to challenge the US and the European Union?

They've tried to before, and since Obama wants peace and change, and as tricky as Russia is, anything could happen. Sure they aren't the enemy right now, but hey, they still hate us, and they'll do anything to destroy us, even if they have to side with terrorists. And second, Russia is a very strong country. They could wipe Europe off the planet of Earth with nuclear missles.

If Russia would attack it would be cast away from the UN' date=' and have the whole NATO against it.

There is no way Russia alone could win the war against the most powerful alliance.

Plus a war between Russia and USA, and Europe becoming neutral would be very proffitable to Europe.

But yet again, there is no reason that Russia makes treatys with terrorists. The whole world would be against it.

[/quote']

As I said, most of them will do anything to make us fall. Even if it means siding with terrorists, I know they wan't to wipe us from existence. Trust me, most of Russia never liked us, nor will they ever.

more than half the world hates us' date=' if you want to talk the hate part alone

[/quote']

No, I was stating my reason through the fact that Russia hates us, and I know half the planet hates us,that is another way we could lose, many powerful countries hate us and like Russia, so that really makes it worse. As I said, Russia is tricky, and seeing how they tricked JFK, shows me this is gonna be worse than just "The War On Terror."

This is a question of politics not war. Everyone hates our government its the fact that its our government they hate that makes us believe they hate us. That's not true. I have a friend in Russia who says most of the people he knows would like to come here. Look our government as of late has been horrible(for lack of a better word)but I trust that the new pres' can(hopefully) get of out of any fix that MORON bush put us into. Plus with countries riding on business economics it would be a financial loss. Do u know how many countries depend on doing business with us, Russia included, thats why there will be no war.

The only life-changing terrorist attack can only come from American terrorists(yes their real) and that's only because terrorist are people who want change quickly, and most of the time its for the country there in. Yes 9-11 was a horrible attack. But where was the message? What was the motive? After all after a year people really didn't talk about it much till the anniversary. Now people don't even talk about it. But what if it was a group of American bent on forcing there right to change the government to what they feel is better(yes that is our right)As Americans we as a group have the right to change the government to the way we see fit. Just that most don't want to change or r to afraid. But what if a few people who r sick of years of bad government want to change it(radically) an attack would scar us for years. No offence to anyone but and attack from them would be worst on us then 9-11 even if it was half of what 9-11 was.

I give this thread +1 stupid vote

*sigh* is this what we learned from the cold war? That we should be paranoid about Russians and Terrorists? Also, regarding the title, re-entering the cold war or entering a nuclear war with Russia and terrorists would not be a world war.

Computerwiz, are you by any chance a Republican, because this sounds like a total paranoid republican idea. Believe it or not Obama is not stupid and is not just going to take down our defenses. Also, Russia is not stupid. Allying with terrorists would kill their reputation and maybe direct the global hate at them instead.

Also, the leaders of other countries, again, are not stupid. They are probably smart enough to realize that before Bush our country was fairly respectable, and now that we are post-Bush Obama will hopefully help make people not hate us (by ways other than making us defenseless).

In other words, your argument relies on a lot of people being stupid, when the main thing that is stupid, is your argument, and the fear and propaganda that drove you to write it.

note, this is mainly a reply to the first post

Most of this is laughable, especially in the form of a Nation forming an alliance with a terrorist faction in order to combat a global Hierarchy. That, and presumably, during a financial recession, the last thing America would want to do is declare war. Since, you know, war is one of the most resource heavy things one could do. Contradiction like this on such a massive scale is, again, laughable. Plus. I'm pretty sure Russia wouldn't have a defensive stand-point against America in the form of America resorting to destroying it's own defensive weaponry. America would sooner loose a massive chunk of itself than to succumb to destroying it's own defenses. Which, in doing so, would leave itself defenseless, resulting in America effectively being at the mercy of most other Nations out there.

You surely cannot think that this world is run on trust like that, now do you?

Since, hey, if it is, and if you think you're right, you would agree, then we don't even need a legal system. It simply becomes "Hey now. I trust you're not going to rape that burn victim over there, ya' hear?"

Tldr; Even though it's only about a paragraph; You're 12, you read some American history and wanted to sound intelligent by trying to incorporate it on a modern standard.

Obviously, it didn't work, but kudos for the sub-par effort. =D.

I know I sound rather stupid in how I worded this, but seemingly so, the more moronic the debating topic is, the more inept I get. =\.

If Russia would attack it would be cast away from the UN' date=' and have the whole NATO against it.

[/quote']

As I said, most of them will do anything to make us fall. Even if it means siding with terrorists, I know they wan't to wipe us from existence. Trust me, most of Russia never liked us, nor will they ever.

more than half the world hates us' date=' if you want to talk the hate part alone

[/quote']

No, I was stating my reason through the fact that Russia hates us, and I know half the planet hates us,that is another way we could lose, many powerful countries hate us and like Russia, so that really makes it worse. As I said, Russia is tricky, and seeing how they tricked JFK, shows me this is gonna be worse than just "The War On Terror."

Every country hates America :l

[/quote']

[/quote']

Actually, many hate us and are jealous, many more are just jealous. I'm not saying all, but I'm saying a lot.

Most of this is laughable' date=' especially in the form of a Nation forming an alliance with a terrorist faction in order to combat a global Hierarchy. That, and presumably, during a financial recession, the last thing America would want to do is declare war. Since, you know, war is one of the most resource heavy things one could do. Contradiction like this on such a massive scale is, again, laughable. Plus. I'm pretty sure Russia wouldn't have a defensive stand-point against America in the form of America resorting to destroying it's own defensive weaponry. America would sooner loose a massive chunk of itself than to succumb to destroying it's own defenses. Which, in doing so, would leave itself defenseless, resulting in America effectively being at the mercy of most other Nations out there.

Since, hey, if it is, and if you think you're right, you would agree, then we don't even need a legal system. It simply becomes "Hey now. I trust you're not going to rape that burn victim over there, ya' hear?"

Tldr; Even though it's only about a paragraph; You're 12, you read some American history and wanted to sound intelligent by trying to incorporate it on a modern standard.

I know I sound rather stupid in how I worded this, but seemingly so, the more moronic the debating topic is, the more inept I get. =\.

[/quote']

Actually, it goes like this. The last thing we want to do is declare war, ok. russia nukes us. We don't declare war. You predict what's next.

I give this thread +1 stupid vote

*sigh* is this what we learned from the cold war? That we should be paranoid about Russians and Terrorists? Also' date=' regarding the title, re-entering the cold war or entering a nuclear war with Russia and terrorists would not be a world war.

Computerwiz, are you by any chance a Republican, because this sounds like a total paranoid republican idea. Believe it or not Obama is not stupid and is not just going to take down our defenses. Also, Russia is not stupid. Allying with terrorists would kill their reputation and maybe direct the global hate at them instead.

Also, the leaders of other countries, again, are not stupid. They are probably smart enough to realize that before Bush our country was fairly respectable, and now that we are post-Bush Obama will hopefully help make people not hate us (by ways other than making us defenseless).

In other words, your argument relies on a lot of people being stupid, when the main thing that is stupid, is your argument, and the fear and propaganda that drove you to write it.

note, this is mainly a reply to the first post

[/quote']

Yes I'm a republican. I'm not calling Obama dumb, nor JFK. But I feel their choices are not the correct ones. Obama, wants to "negotiate" with terrorists, and see if they can stop them. First of all, JFK was smart enough to keep that secret! Second, you can't negotiate with people who bombed us in 9/11 and don't regret it.

Russia will never nuke you.

Because if a nuclear war happens' date=' Russia will be damaged aswell. =\

[/quote']

I believe they wouldn't care, since 1. 1/3 of the country has a big population, 2. I think they're friggin crazy enough to do it anyway.

[/quote']

[/quote']

Actually, many hate us and are jealous, many more are just jealous. I'm not saying all, but I'm saying a lot.

Most of this is laughable' date=' especially in the form of a Nation forming an alliance with a terrorist faction in order to combat a global Hierarchy. That, and presumably, during a financial recession, the last thing America would want to do is declare war. Since, you know, war is one of the most resource heavy things one could do. Contradiction like this on such a massive scale is, again, laughable. Plus. I'm pretty sure Russia wouldn't have a defensive stand-point against America in the form of America resorting to destroying it's own defensive weaponry. America would sooner loose a massive chunk of itself than to succumb to destroying it's own defenses. Which, in doing so, would leave itself defenseless, resulting in America effectively being at the mercy of most other Nations out there.

[/quote']

Actually, it goes like this. The last thing we want to do is declare war, ok. russia nukes us. We don't declare war. You predict what's next.

No, we only say we know what's best for everyone, so if war breaks out we'll only THINK we didn't do it

1. MAD - ever hear of it?

2. Who exactly is Russia going to ally with? "The Middle East" is pretty much at war with itself.

3. Do you know how much we needlessly spend on our military budget every year? Why? To keep us in "readiness", in case we are ever attacked.

4. Believe it or not, war actually helps economy (as long as the actual fighting isn't happening on your turf)

5. You sir, are an idiot :/

I've heard of MAD (mutual assured destruction, but that's cold war days). Russia is not going to ally with anyone. And we need to spend on the military budget when the time comes (kind of like on car insurance. We rarely get into accidents, but we still have to pay the insurance company all the money each month)

I've heard of MAD (mutual assured destruction' date=' but that's cold war days). Russia is not going to ally with anyone. And we need to spend on the military budget when the time comes (kind of like on car insurance. We rarely get into accidents, but we still have to pay the insurance company all the money each month)

[/quote']

lol, what was the point of this post?

All you did was reconfirm everything I said.

My first point (MAD), is to say that, even though that was CW policy, it still pretty much holds, which is why everyone thinks that if WWIII ever broke out, it would literally be the end of earth.

My point on how much we spend on military "readiness" was to disprove that we would ever disarm ourselves just because Russia asked us nicely.

technically no country to disarm itself no matter how much anyone asks anyway

...which just makes this thread even more pointless XD

And just btw, your explanation of military spending is...flawed.

The main reason we spend so much is to keep the budget large. Even at times of peace, the military tries to find ways to spend lots of money, so that the government won't reduce it's budget (Oh, well, you only spent XXXX amount of dollars last year, so you must only need XXXX amount of dollars this year).

Plus supersonic jets and aircraft carriers are really expensive. :P

Archived