Lock it. Necro Bump'd.

Sparta™

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually' date=' it goes like this. The last thing we want to do is declare war, ok. russia nukes us. We don't declare war. You predict what's next.

[/quote']

Note to Computerwhiz, not everyone who has the internet is American. Re-frame from using the term 'us' more often.

But, enlighten me. Tell me what motive Russia would have in order to consider nuking America, of all things. Since, you can only predict America's retaliation would be significant, more so than whatever Russia had accomplished, despite it's losses.

If you can give me a credible cause, I will accept your opinion of Russia being an immediate threat.

Otherwise, I'll assume you're merely trying to incorporate history on a modern standard again.

1. MAD - ever hear of it?

2. Who exactly is Russia going to ally with? "The Middle East" is pretty much at war with itself.

3. Do you know how much we needlessly spend on our military budget every year? Why? To keep us in "readiness"' date=' in case we are ever attacked.

4. Believe it or not, war actually helps economy (as long as the actual fighting isn't happening on your turf)

5. You sir, are an idiot :/

[/quote']

No, you are an idiot for failing to understand what I am saying.

you are still an idiot because all you did to counter the numerous arguments stacked against you was to say "you are an idiot for failing to understand what I'm saying"

so according to you, most of the people in this thread are idiots.

care to clarify your point and back it up a little? I think the others have backed theirs up pretty well.

NOTE: sorry this post is a bit flame-ish. of course, so is this thread.

2. Who exactly is Russia going to ally with? "The Middle East" is pretty much at war with itself.

3. Do you know how much we needlessly spend on our military budget every year? Why? To keep us in "readiness"' date=' in case we are ever attacked.

4. Believe it or not, war actually helps economy (as long as the actual fighting isn't happening on your turf)

[/quote']

You're saying that Russia has a deep rooted hatred for everything American (which I don't believe in the first place), and that aaaaall these years, they've been waiting for the right moment to strike. Now they're going to ally with a terrorist group and nuke us. And because we have a democrat for president, we're going to take it and do nothing in return.

I think that sums it up.

Unless you'd like to clarify your point further, and reveal more ignorance.

TL;DR

No.

[/quote']

You're saying that Russia has a deep rooted hatred for everything American (which I don't believe in the first place), and that aaaaall these years, they've been waiting for the right moment to strike. Now they're going to ally with a terrorist group and nuke us. And because we have a democrat for president, we're going to take it and do nothing in return.

I think that sums it up.

Unless you'd like to clarify your point further, and reveal more ignorance.

TL;DR

No.

Russia never did have that deep root, though the Soviet Union probably did, they certainly wanted a moment to strike but they crumbled. Some technology Russia still maintains, but it's no longer for war purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

if russia attacked the U.S. then the U.S. would just strike back with more force than their attackers. this happened during WWII. once japan attacked they were screwed from the start because they attacked the U.S. there is even a quote from one of the Japanese generals from the war(here it is according to my history teacher from what she said about WWII:"S**t! We awakend a sleeping monster of war!") The Russian armies know wat America is capable of so they will not completely go through with an attack yet until they just want to start a fight.

It happened after the abolishing of the Samurai and unified Japan in the late 1800s. But the US saw abolishing the Samurai warriors as one thing and that's it.

But in reality, TWO things had to be abolished. All the US abolished was the Samurai CLASS, the Samurai CODE was overlooked.

As a result, Japan's leaders remained fused with such a code, which made them believe it was their divine destiny for world domination, and it took a world war with the US to abolish the second part

hmm. I really need to look up more on the WWII later. I must ind out for myself if tere was anyother cause that I never knew about til now. anyway, I still stick to what I say about the Russians being afraid to attack the U.S. because they dont know if we have any atomic bombs or not along with if the U.S. will use them.

hmm. I really need to look up more on the WWII later. I must ind out for myself if tere was anyother cause that I never knew about til now. anyway' date=' I still stick to what I say about the Russians being afraid to attack the U.S. because they dont know if we have any atomic bombs or not along with if the U.S. will use them.

[/quote']

that was the biggest drawback of the cold war, but at least back then both side played by the rules

hmm. I really need to look up more on the WWII later. I must ind out for myself if tere was anyother cause that I never knew about til now. anyway' date=' I still stick to what I say about the Russians being afraid to attack the U.S. because they dont know if we have any atomic bombs or not along with if the U.S. will use them.

[/quote']

They knew we had nukes, we knew they had theirs. Both of us knew that if one of us attacked, both of us would fall.

Archived