Lock it. Necro Bump'd.

Sparta™

you may not know this Prince of Death' date=' but the US was actually to blame as to why Japan attacked Pearl Harbor in the first place

[/quote']

Actually, the real reason behind the Pearl Habour bombing has nothing to do with the Samurais. It is really that Japan don't want American intervention when they invade South-east Asia & (Philippines was part of US at the time) that alone was their biggest mistake ever.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm. I really need to look up more on the WWII later. I must ind out for myself if tere was anyother cause that I never knew about til now. anyway' date=' I still stick to what I say about the Russians being afraid to attack the U.S. because they dont know if we have any atomic bombs or not along with if the U.S. will use them.

[/quote']

They knew we had nukes, we knew they had theirs. Both of us knew that if one of us attacked, both of us would fall.

no actually it just depends on each sides actions. normally the first to strike wins, like in chess but in war it depends on the decicions made by the comanding authority

@ragnarok: this also pertains to your question.

hmm. I really need to look up more on the WWII later. I must ind out for myself if tere was anyother cause that I never knew about til now. anyway' date=' I still stick to what I say about the Russians being afraid to attack the U.S. because they dont know if we have any atomic bombs or not along with if the U.S. will use them.

[/quote']

They knew we had nukes, we knew they had theirs. Both of us knew that if one of us attacked, both of us would fall.

no actually it just depends on each sides actions. normally the first to strike wins, like in chess but in war it depends on the decicions made by the comanding authority

yeah well the commanding authority isn't always the brightest, especially when you have people trying to override it. Just look at the Cuban Missile Crisis

[/quote']

yeah well the commanding authority isn't always the brightest, especially when you have people trying to override it. Just look at the Cuban Missile Crisis

yes but it has to do with te leader's actions. Why hire a leader that would get you killed than one that woud bring peace?

[/quote']

yes but it has to do with te leader's actions. Why hire a leader that would get you killed than one that woud bring peace?

Ever hear of the saying "In order to achieve peace you must prepare for war"?

[/quote']

yes I have, but why not just have a person who would bring peace without war. this basically comes to the presidential election when it was between Obama and McCaine. McCaine wanted war and Obama didnt.

[/quote']

Now aren't we all such a doublethinker...ever read 1984???

Just a point that I made when I saw the "war & peace" part..

But seriously, Japan just want to stop American intervention when they invade South-east Asia, but bombing Pearl Habour in a hit-and-run operation was actually their biggest mistake ever.

actually I have not. What are you getting at?

In 1984, they use the term "Doublethink", which means to simultaneously embrace two conflicting ideals.

You should read it, good book.

And Japan's attack on the US had to do with the oil embargo, as WYHE said. They severely underestimated the response the US would give to an attack on her shores.

The Kamikaze attacks were inspired by Bushido though.

According to North Korean officials, they will only completely disarm their nukes if US also disarm all of theirs. I think that other countries will continue producing nukes if they still know that there is another country with that "edge".

According to North Korean officials' date=' they will only completely disarm their nukes if US also disarm all of theirs. I think that other countries will continue producing nukes if they still know that there is another country with that "edge".

[/quote']

that's not going to happen. During the height of the nuclear weapons race, the US and USSR never agreed to dismantle ALL of their weapons. They still need it in case another country chooses to go to nuclear war

According to North Korean officials' date=' they will only completely disarm their nukes if US also disarm all of theirs. I think that other countries will continue producing nukes if they still know that there is another country with that "edge".

[/quote']

that's not going to happen. During the height of the nuclear weapons race, the US and USSR never agreed to dismantle ALL of their weapons. They still need it in case another country chooses to go to nuclear war

And thus, in our own pride & prestige, the human race will destroy only themselves...what a tragic end for us to be ended by our own creations...

[/quote']

And thus, in our own pride & prestige, the human race will destroy only themselves...what a tragic end for us to be ended by our own creations...

Hey, we ARE our greatest enemy, this saying has been true LONG before the time of nuclear weapons.

In the nuclear world we may just destroy ourselves faster and nothing more.

[/quote']

Hey, we ARE our greatest enemy, this saying has been true LONG before the time of nuclear weapons.

Well the logical answer is for me to take over the world. Then we'd become one big happy empire. :D

But seriously, barring global unification, I don't ever see an end to nuclear threat.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

The War on Terror.

It can't possibly be a World War; only one country is in it. Besides, the new administration can only screw things up so much, and from the looks of progress so far, our foreign policy is going to skyrocket, so a USA war against another country is unlikely ibidem.

The UN might intervene against Isræl, but that's all I can see for now.

[/quote']

Well the logical answer is for me to take over the world. Then we'd become one big happy empire. :D

But seriously, barring global unification, I don't ever see an end to nuclear threat.

All empires crumble in the end, yours would too eventually

Archived