They should make a Yu-Gi-Oh! 5W's series

Not really becuase naming it Yu-gi-oh 5W's!? Seriously dude!

Ohohoho.

How would it even be awesome since you got a very little story explanation?

You want a story? Here's a story: Panik's handsome, and all the reporters want to write a story about his handsomeness. But he's too handsome to let just anyone do that, so he hosts a grand tournament set in some exotic locale like a tropical island or the moon or Tokyo or something, and only the winner can write a story about his handsomeness. Our hero is a guy in a red shirt, and his rival is a guy in a blue shirt, who has been arbitrarily declared an antagonist despite not appearing to be morally inferior to our hero at all. Oh, but one of the more villainous journalists plans to write an expose about Panik's hideous nose, the one blemish on his handsome face, and is willing to do dastardly things to win, so our hero needs to track down this villainous villain before it's too late. Meanwhile, a comic relief cast of wacky support characters does zany things like organizing volleyball games until they are killed one by one by an immortal ancient evil sorcerer named Schnark Deider who was sealed away long ago and has now awakened because Panik is the only person in history to be even more handsome than he is.

At least its not as awesome as Yugioh 5McDonalds

Since Pizza Hut is already taken, we'll let McDonald's obnoxiously sponsor 5W's. No explanation will be given for why a McDonald's exists inside the volcano or on the floating sky city or wherever this takes place, nor will there be any justification for how the main cast can eat there every episode without becoming as large as "Crusher" Conrad.

Crusher, of course, is the baby-eating monster who is characterized as a stupid bully. Despite this, he is also an expert journalist and is supposedly a card game genius. Our hero, Max Hiroguy, defeats him in the first episode, after which he becomes the local Team Rocket.

At least its not as awesome as Yugioh 5McDonalds

Since Pizza Hut is already taken' date=' we'll let McDonald's obnoxiously sponsor 5W's. No explanation will be given for why a McDonald's exists inside the volcano or on the floating sky city or wherever this takes place, nor will there be any justification for how the main cast can eat there every episode without becoming as large as "Crusher" Conrad.

Crusher, of course, is the baby-eating monster who is characterized as a stupid bully. Despite this, he is also an expert journalist and is supposedly a card game genius. Our hero, Max Hiroguy, defeats him in the first episode, after which he becomes the local Team Rocket.

[/quote']

Oh no! Hes blasting off again!

But what about Max's best friend? Laurence Wackycharguy

You know, The one who uses the Spell Binding Circle Burn deck?

This would be terrible as a fan-fic; every idea like this gets much worse once it actually exists.

For example, suppose we were to propose a new Yu-Gi-Oh! series whose name is a pair of random letters that have the slightest relevance to the story only in a minor sub-plot of the second season in which high school-aged children are flown out to a private island where they will spend the next three years of their lives studying one card game. The protagonist is an egotistical, arrogant, lazy bum with hair twice the size of his face, but he wins every duel, causes an entourage of straight male characters to fight over who loves him the most, and causes the only significant female on the island to fall in love with him at first sight. His rival, who hates his family for the horrible crime of being rich, famous, and successful, is followed around by the dancing purple monsters from Welcome to the N.H.K.!, except that they've been given red underpants, and his deck is a hybrid of Armed Dragons, VWXYZ war machines, and Ojamas, which somehow makes him one of the strongest card game players on the island, presumably because his opponents tend to use cards like Water Dragon. The school has precisely two teachers: one is an androgynous clown who is the only person on the island not in love with the hero and is therefore a villain, and the other doesn't seem to have been informed that the school is dedicated to card games and not to brewing potions. After half a year of nothing happening, it will be suddenly revealed that the company that makes the card game is run by the same people who own Umbrella from the Resident Evil series, as evidenced by their inexplicable habit of creating world-destroying artifacts for no logical reason and burying them underneath random facilities, such as an island school building, so it's up to the hero to stop the ultimate evil from using this earth-shattering device as a substitute for cosmetic surgery, even if the rival manages to accidentally unleash the dark magic upon the world after the hero already saved the day due to his own stupidity. After that, the island is targeted by more villains out to destroy the world, in this case Batman and Nostradamus, the latter having convinced the former to work with him by showing him a picture of the island's "bad guy" teacher and telling him that this person is the Joker, and they manage to get the main rival to yet again help the villains by becoming the main recruiter for their completely unnecessary cult of personality. However, the bold and charismatic hero calls upon divine aliens that he himself somehow created, and combines their power with the fact that he is the only person in the entire universe with the ability to change the future, which manifests itself in the series as him being the only person in the universe to not lose card games. Then, the president of the school decides that it's boring without any villains attacking his school in a plot to destroy the world, so he decides to call one in himself to mix things up a little, only realizing that this might have been a minor mistake after the villain has turned the student body into an army of card-game obsessed zombies lead by the main rival, who, though you might think that zombies wouldn't be able to think well enough to play card games properly, are somehow a genuine threat. The ultimate evil is a more monstrous version of Batman who turns out to be another probably-male lover of the main character, but who has caught everyone completely by surprise through the amazing plot twist of trying to destroy every world in existence rather than just one of them. Fortunately, in the final season, things are much more straightforward and make far more sense than they did before, with the main character reviving from the dead with a second soul, David Bowie eyes, and psychic powers that don't actually do anything, the entire universe being made out of evil children's trading cards, and the final antagonist being a dark version of God whose plan is a cross between Neon Genesis Evangelion and Code Geass but which fails to destroy the world due to its inability to win a card game with a main character, with the only confusing point being how the main rival managed to avoid becoming the one to implement the Big Bad's plan this time around and was merely tortured into insanity instead - and even that would probably be explained if we weren't to chop off the last third of the final season in order to make room for a series about mature adults playing card games while riding around on motorcycles. Along the way through this island adventure, we meet a colourful cast of characters, such as a fat guy who is fat and whose running joke is being fat, a slightly more angsty version of Seto Kaiba, a video game nerd, Steve Irwin, a photocopy of the main character with some green hair dye, Drill Sergeant Big John from Viewtiful Joe 2, some guy whose trading card is secretly the Grim Reaper in disguise, and about twenty Saturday morning cartoon villains whose complete motivation for being evil is that people who are neither evil nor the main character get about as much screen time as Naota's brother got in FLCL, which is approximately as much as Near and Mello should have received in Death Note.

This series sounds funny on paper, but I guarantee that this series would be utterly terrible if it were ever actually to be made. Fortunately, we all know that that will never happen.

I've only seen two episodes of NGE' date=' so I don't understand your description of Nightshroud's ultimate plan.

[/quote']

I haven't seen it either, to be honest.

I didn't understand any of your 5D's character descriptions except for Jack and Tenpei.

There were no 5D's character descriptions.

I've only seen two episodes of NGE' date=' so I don't understand your description of Nightshroud's ultimate plan.

[/quote']

So how are you able to compare Nightshroud's plan to a some sort of NGE/CG hybrid?

I didn't understand any of your 5D's character descriptions except for Jack and Tenpei.

There were no 5D's character descriptions.

Nevermind, I thought the last bit was about 5D's. I realized it was GX.

[/quote']

So how are you able to compare Nightshroud's plan to a some sort of NGE/CG hybrid?

I've heard what happens secondhand.

This would be terrible as a fan-fic; every idea like this gets much worse once it actually exists.

For example' date=' suppose we were to propose a new Yu-Gi-Oh! series whose name is a pair of random letters that have the slightest relevance to the story only in a minor sub-plot of the second season in which high school-aged children are flown out to a private island where they will spend the next three years of their lives studying one card game. The protagonist is an egotistical, arrogant, lazy bum with hair twice the size of his face, but he wins every duel, causes an entourage of straight male characters to fight over who loves him the most, and causes the only significant female on the island to fall in love with him at first sight. His rival, who hates his family for the horrible crime of being rich, famous, and successful, is followed around by the dancing purple monsters from [i']Welcome to the N.H.K.![/i], except that they've been given red underpants, and his deck is a hybrid of Armed Dragons, VWXYZ war machines, and Ojamas, which somehow makes him one of the strongest card game players on the island, presumably because his opponents tend to use cards like Water Dragon. The school has precisely two teachers: one is an androgynous clown who is the only person on the island not in love with the hero and is therefore a villain, and the other doesn't seem to have been informed that the school is dedicated to card games and not to brewing potions. After half a year of nothing happening, it will be suddenly revealed that the company that makes the card game is run by the same people who own Umbrella from the Resident Evil series, as evidenced by their inexplicable habit of creating world-destroying artifacts for no logical reason and burying them underneath random facilities, such as an island school building, so it's up to the hero to stop the ultimate evil from using this earth-shattering device as a substitute for cosmetic surgery, even if the rival manages to accidentally unleash the dark magic upon the world after the hero already saved the day due to his own stupidity. After that, the island is targeted by more villains out to destroy the world, in this case Batman and Nostradamus, the latter having convinced the former to work with him by showing him a picture of the island's "bad guy" teacher and telling him that this person is the Joker, and they manage to get the main rival to yet again help the villains by becoming the main recruiter for their completely unnecessary cult of personality. However, the bold and charismatic hero calls upon divine aliens that he himself somehow created, and combines their power with the fact that he is the only person in the entire universe with the ability to change the future, which manifests itself in the series as him being the only person in the universe to not lose card games. Then, the president of the school decides that it's boring without any villains attacking his school in a plot to destroy the world, so he decides to call one in himself to mix things up a little, only realizing that this might have been a minor mistake after the villain has turned the student body into an army of card-game obsessed zombies lead by the main rival, who, though you might think that zombies wouldn't be able to think well enough to play card games properly, are somehow a genuine threat. The ultimate evil is a more monstrous version of Batman who turns out to be another probably-male lover of the main character, but who has caught everyone completely by surprise through the amazing plot twist of trying to destroy every world in existence rather than just one of them. Fortunately, in the final season, things are much more straightforward and make far more sense than they did before, with the main character reviving from the dead with a second soul, David Bowie eyes, and psychic powers that don't actually do anything, the entire universe being made out of evil children's trading cards, and the final antagonist being a dark version of God whose plan is a cross between Neon Genesis Evangelion and Code Geass but which fails to destroy the world due to its inability to win a card game with a main character, with the only confusing point being how the main rival managed to avoid becoming the one to implement the Big Bad's plan this time around and was merely tortured into insanity instead - and even that would probably be explained if we weren't to chop off the last third of the final season in order to make room for a series about mature adults playing card games while riding around on motorcycles. Along the way through this island adventure, we meet a colourful cast of characters, such as a fat guy who is fat and whose running joke is being fat, a slightly more angsty version of Seto Kaiba, a video game nerd, Steve Irwin, a photocopy of the main character with some green hair dye, Drill Sergeant Big John from Viewtiful Joe 2, some guy whose trading card is secretly the Grim Reaper in disguise, and about twenty Saturday morning cartoon villains whose complete motivation for being evil is that people who are neither evil nor the main character get about as much screen time as Naota's brother got in FLCL, which is approximately as much as Near and Mello should have received in Death Note.

This series sounds funny on paper, but I guarantee that this series would be utterly terrible if it were ever actually to be made. Fortunately, we all know that that will never happen.

I lol'd so hard. I would sig this if it wasn't so big.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived