The YCM Awards

Frunk

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of this awards' date=' I'm going to be adding a YCMA News segment to the first post, but I'll do that on my own accord.

Meanwhile, I'll post how I think the awards should look next month re-ordered, with additions bolded. Council members, please post your comments and suggestions on the following:

Remember! These are just suggestions[/b]

(Main Awards)

-----

Favorite Male***

Favorite Female***

Favorite Moderator

Favorite Card Maker

-----

(Secondary Awards)

-----

Rising Star

Favorite Oldie

Favorite New Member*****

Most Active

Friendliest Member

-----

(Forum Kings and Queens)

-----

King/Queen of:

Realistic Cards

Pop-Culture Cards

Any Other Cards

Written Cards

Finished Cards/Sets

Card Contests

Fan-Fic

Role-Playing

Your Deck*

Yu-Gi-Oh TCG*

Graphic Design*

General* (Optional, it's currently just making up the numbers)

(Michellaneous Awards)****

-----

Best Card**

Best Avatar

Best Signature

Best Deck

Best Card Shop

Best Request Shop

Best Role-play

Best Fan-fic

Best Debater

-----

*Could be split into more awards, post opinions.

**For the three months the awards have been held, the same cards has one "Favorite Card" each time. "Best Card", though, has been a little more competitive, so to "Fav. Card" has been removed, so I would expect "Best Card" to be very competitive.

***"Favorite Member" is redunant by these two, so I'd strongly suggest we remove it.

****We should get alot of these Michellaneous awards, anyone, council or not, is allowed to suggest some.

*****I like this idea from Azmania: Too seperate those new members who may not stick around for a while, with the real "Rising Stars", as I think "Rising Star" should be the member who is making the biggest name for him/herself. Thus, "Fav. New Member" could be exclusively for members who joined up the month before (e.g. If it was in the Febuary awards, only members who joined this month (yes, January) could be elligible).

So, if you are on the council, it is in your best interests to atleast post some sort of an opinion (critasism, questions, comments, or suggestions), as members like GAK are lining up to take your place if you're inactive. Clown and Derek, this means YOU! Outsiders are welcome to comment too.

Thanks, Frunk.

ok good ideas, pherhaps next n change faviourite member to Best Member ( someone who posts everywhere while knowing where they are, not spamming, etc.)

i like the fanfic ideas and the new ones too. we need graphic awards too.

and i think your thought about the rising star is better cause many people who are new and god arent getting chance. we can split it to risng card maker and rising poster.

As a member of the commite I have some Ideas & suggestions. For starters I think we should do the awards at the end of the month & people shouldn't be able to get an award two months in a row. I mean Kaze made the Dungeon Dice Monster Set Back in 9-10-07 so we should say it's the best card of another month if it was made so long ago.

Yeah, I think DDM's 3-time winnings are a credit to Kaze's card maker, but GBT's card has toppled it this month. It appears everyone has posted an opinion and I guess the new award layout is a go ahead, it will appear in the Febuary awards.

Please, anyone, council or not, get some suggestions in for those Michellaneous Awards, I'll be awarding reps to any the council like and agree upon.

Sorry for double post.

The winners of this month have been posted, but there was one tie, which the council must decide upon:

(#) = YCM awards votes

[#] = Council votes

Best Avatar

KA Flame (3) [3]

wolfberserker (3) [2]

Frunk's vote: KA Flame

Best Request Shop

God GAK (2) [2]

jedite1000 (2) [1]

OldMaster (2) [1]

Frunk's vote: Neutral (I have no expertise here)

The council has been PMed, and these will be decided depending on their votes.

Thanks, Frunk.

Archived