The YCM Awards

Frunk

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If any of the other council members have any objections' date=' post here or contact me privately.

[/quote']

I'll post. I think we should wait a day, or two and wait for more applications. Then have everyone currently in the council vote on who should be the new member. I've pm'd a couple members who I'd think'll be great in the council, and ask them to apply. So I don't think Gx should just get it right away.

If any of the other council members have any objections' date=' post here or contact me privately.

[/quote']

I'll post. I think we should wait a day, or two and wait for more applications. Then have everyone currently in the council vote on who should be the new member. I've pm'd a couple members who I'd think'll be great in the council, and ask them to apply. So I don't think Gx should just get it right away.

well i did not exactly get it right away i was 2nd in da YCM OCT host i got bout 13 votes i think

[/quote']

well i did not exactly get it right away i was 2nd in da YCM OCT host i got bout 13 votes i think

Well, that doesn't make you any more qualified. :/

What I'm saying is there are members who didn't apply to be a host but would still be a great addition to the council. So we need should wait for more applications instead of adding you right away, instead of adding you because of the amount of votes you got to become a host :p.

If frunk would like to regurgitate my post, he is free too xD

OK then

Guys, Lets take a vote on the following

1. Showcase Section Award

2. Starting Oct 31, and from then on, No one who has been a member of this site for less than 4 months should able to apply for council

MY VOTES..

1. Sure, I guess so

2. Clearly, as I proposed it xD

2. Starting Oct 31' date=' and from then on, No one who has been a member of this site for less than 4 months should able to apply for council

[/quote']

1. Yes, but do we have any ideas for specific awards for this category?

2. Yes, and maybe a quick background check. Just because someones popular doesnt mean their fit for the council :/

2. Starting Oct 31' date=' and from then on, No one who has been a member of this site for less than 4 months should able to apply for council

[/quote']

2. Yes, and maybe a quick background check. Just because someones popular doesnt mean their fit for the council :/

Coutner to #2.

I dont see why the council doesnt pick out the new members. Now, watch the American members get all angry at me for taking away their voting right, but us members of the council are here for a reason. We can reasonably make decisions, and I think we shouldnt trouble with a week long vote if amongst us, we can decide who we think is best for the council. (of COURSE, the other members could disagree with our decision, and if enough did so, I wouldnt mind having a vote AFTER EXECTUTIVE DECISIONS WERE MADE)

SO there. Johanderson may have created the YCM awards originally, but seriously, he wasnt very good with his judgment, and I think we need people who can judge well, and we KNOW can judge well for the council (and uses that to explain why I didnt vote KA flame into council, because his lack of experience in this sort of stuff)

Anyone may feel free to make points to counter or agree with this.

[/quote']

Coutner to #2.

I dont see why the council doesnt pick out the new members. Now, watch the American members get all angry at me for taking away their voting right, but us members of the council are here for a reason. We can reasonably make decisions, and I think we shouldnt trouble with a week long vote if amongst us, we can decide who we think is best for the council. (of COURSE, the other members could disagree with our decision, and if enough did so, I wouldnt mind having a vote AFTER EXECTUTIVE DECISIONS WERE MADE)

SO there. Johanderson may have created the YCM awards originally, but seriously, he wasnt very good with his judgment, and I think we need people who can judge well, and we KNOW can judge well for the council (and uses that to explain why I didnt vote KA flame into council, because his lack of experience in this sort of stuff)

Anyone may feel free to make points to counter or agree with this.

I apologize that I don't have anything to add. But I agree 100%

1. No, not unless you can be more specific on the award.

2. Yes, I'll do the background checks.

My suggestion: Should the council members count ever exceed 5?

3. I'm personally neutral at the moment, I just want to know what you guys think.

EDIT: I am in the process of updating the first page, check back to it.

Archived