The YCM Awards

Frunk

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm against Best Article at this stage, I don't think the market is big enough.

Ninja... Wt*d*?!

TCG King/Queen: Yeah, and it shouldn't stop there, we should get some Graphic Design awards happening.

This one's been suggested a few times, Best Fanfic: I'ma yes.

Another one suggested, Best Splicer?: I'm neutral at the moment, I don't really know what it is...

Hmm. Ok, I guess that's a good point. We do need more market. We've only got YCM Weekly and YCM Newspaper.

Also, new idea,

Best New Member

My heart goes out to the few of them, and I think they need to recognised when they try so hard. You can only qualify for a new member award as 1-2 stars.

Hmm. Ok' date=' I guess that's a good point. We do need more market. We've only got YCM Weekly and YCM Newspaper.

Also, new idea,

Best New Member

My heart goes out to the few of them, and I think they need to recognised when they try so hard. You can only qualify for a new member award as 1-2 stars.

[/quote']

Sry for commenting as i know i am not in the council, bit isnt that rising star...like if they joined 1 month before the awards

I'm against Best Article at this stage' date=' I don't think the market is big enough.

Ninja... Wt*d*?!

TCG King/Queen: Yeah, and it shouldn't stop there, we should get some Graphic Design awards happening.

This one's been suggested a few times, Best Fanfic: I'ma yes.

Another one suggested, Best Splicer?: I'm neutral at the moment, I don't really know what it is...

[/quote']

If i were in the council i would support the GD thing. And a splicer is somebody who fuses 2 or more pokemon into 1 combined

At the end of this awards, I'm going to be adding a YCMA News segment to the first post, but I'll do that on my own accord.

Meanwhile, I'll post how I think the awards should look next month re-ordered, with additions bolded. Council members, please post your comments and suggestions on the following:

Remember! These are just suggestions[/b]

(Main Awards)

-----

Favorite Male***

Favorite Female***

Favorite Moderator

Favorite Card Maker

-----

(Secondary Awards)

-----

Rising Star

Favorite Oldie

Favorite New Member*****

Most Active

Friendliest Member

-----

(Forum Kings and Queens)

-----

King/Queen of:

Realistic Cards

Pop-Culture Cards

Any Other Cards

Written Cards

Finished Cards/Sets

Card Contests

Fan-Fic

Role-Playing

Your Deck*

Yu-Gi-Oh TCG*

Graphic Design*

General* (Optional, it's currently just making up the numbers)

(Michellaneous Awards)****

-----

Best Card**

Best Avatar

Best Signature

Best Deck

Best Card Shop

Best Request Shop

Best Role-play

Best Fan-fic

Best Debater

-----

*Could be split into more awards, post opinions.

**For the three months the awards have been held, the same cards has one "Favorite Card" each time. "Best Card", though, has been a little more competitive, so to "Fav. Card" has been removed, so I would expect "Best Card" to be very competitive.

***"Favorite Member" is redunant by these two, so I'd strongly suggest we remove it.

****We should get alot of these Michellaneous awards, anyone, council or not, is allowed to suggest some.

*****I like this idea from Azmania: Too seperate those new members who may not stick around for a while, with the real "Rising Stars", as I think "Rising Star" should be the member who is making the biggest name for him/herself. Thus, "Fav. New Member" could be exclusively for members who joined up the month before (e.g. If it was in the Febuary awards, only members who joined this month (yes, January) could be elligible).

So, if you are on the council, it is in your best interests to atleast post some sort of an opinion (critasism, questions, comments, or suggestions), as members like GAK are lining up to take your place if you're inactive. Clown and Derek, this means YOU! Outsiders are welcome to comment too.

Thanks, Frunk.

I am essentially for everything, except splicing. (To state clearly: Against a splicing award. This is a yugioh forum, not a pokemon forum.)

Also, King of General...... Hmm..... There are a few titans in this category, and it takes votes for frunk away from other sections.... Hmm... :P.

Its all good. But WHATZ ABOUTZ THEZ NINJAZ? :(.

Archived