Official Pokemon Discussion. (The 5th gen starts now)

Flame Dragon

Sawyer' date=' Jack, Cooper, Alaia. There's a few.

Anyway Emo I told you what he team should be and you went agaist that and made that pile of fail. If your going to make it a Dragon team it has to be a mono type team. If you intend to beat someone who isn't stupud then make a real team. Give me a few minutes and I'll come up with your [i']Dragon team[/i].

EDIT:Here, enjoy.

[spoiler=For Emo]

Dragon mono teams have a major weakness which is Ice. You’re allowed 1 other Poke in a mono team that isn’t the designated type and only one Dragon doesn’t take SE damage from Ice moves. However, this is not a real monotype team so I’ve decided to switch two Dragons out instead of one. I’ve picked two good Pokemon and both are 4* resistant to Ice which is a big bonus. Now you only have three Pokes that are weak to Ice instead of the otherwise unavoidable 4. Ubers are banned in normal competitive play so your opponent would have instantly forfeited by using Deoxys/Rayquaza/Darkrai and the same goes for you by using Latios and a stpuid Garchomp.

Kingdra @ Life Orb/Leftovers (survivability or hitting as hard as possible)

Adamant

Swift Swim

252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe

~ Dragon Dance

~ Outrage

~ Waterfall

~ Hydro Pump

DD Kingdra is a beastly beat stick. It’s multiple resistance lets it set up with near impunity on a multitude of Pokemon and smack anything that might be thought of as a counter, hard. Any Pokemon with DD and Outrage is quite fearsome and Kingdra is no exception.

Dragon / Water gives phenomenal type coverage, only resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja. When backed with STAB, Life Orb, and Dragon Dance, Kingdra can be quite the impressive physical attacker. Hydro Pump may seem redundant, but it will do significantly more damage against physical walls. For example, many Skarmory will never be 2HKOed by a boosted Waterfall whereas Hydro Pump will, 100% of the time.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf

Adamant / Naughty

Levitate

80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe

~ Earthquake

~ Outrage

~ Stone Edge / Draco Meteor / Fire Blast (I’d pick Fire Blast but it’s your Pokemon)

~ U-Turn

Flygon's resistances and immunities give it plenty of opportunities to switch in and score some surprise kills. Earthquake and Outrage are your primary STAB options, resisted only by Levitate Bronzong, Skarmory, and Shedinja. Stone Edge allows you to revenge kill that Gyarados, and can pick off a weakened Zapdos. Draco Meteor allows Flygon to beat a weakened Physical wall and gets the jump on Salamence and Kingdra without locking yourself in. Fire Blast fries Skarmory for a 2HKO and is your best option against Bronzong. U-turn is to scout for common counters, and works well with entry hazards in play as you can force a lot of switches this way.

If you go with Draco Meteor, switch your nature to Naughty and distribute those 80 HP EVs into Special Attack. This will give you the power to revenge kill Kingdra and Salamence, as well as a guaranteed 2HKO on Skarmory. A Jolly nature can also be used to revenge kill a neutral Speed nature Dragon Danced Salamence, but the power drop makes it a poor option.

Latias @ Leftovers

Timid

Levitate

252 HP / 116 Def / 112 SpD / 28 Spe

~ Thunder Wave / Roar (Pick Roar)

~ Reflect / Roar (pick Twave)

~ Dragon Pulse

~ Recover / Wish (Wish)

While it is unlikely that Latias will replace Blissey as the quintessential special wall, Latias does the job very well, and it claims a number of tricks that Blissey cannot. The most notable of these are Reflect and Roar - the former makes Latias incredibly difficult to take down, while the latter lets Latias abuse its high defenses to shuffle the opponent’s team through entry hazard damage.

What move you use in the first slot is really a matter of your team’s needs. Thunder Wave is the primary option since this set will presumably be used on a typically slow stall or balanced team, but Roar is just as viable and, if you are running a stall team or you lack a phazer, Roar is probably the superior choice. Roar is the second option again in the second moveslot since Reflect is not absolutely necessary, but Reflect is generally the superior choice since no defensive team wants its special wall taken out early game by a Tyranitar or Scizor. Wish is also an option on Recover if you want to pass the healing around your team, but Latias becomes a lot easier to take down without instant recovery, so play cautiously in that case.

The EVs for this set are designed to maximize Latias’ capabilities as both a supporter and a special wall, while giving it enough physical defense to take some powerful hits. 28 Speed EVs will allow Latias to outpace Metagross or Scizor and put up Reflect, and max HP with 112 Special Defense EVs and a Calm nature allows Latias to never be 2HKOed by Modest Scarf Heatran’s Dragon Pulse, even after Stealth Rock damage. The rest is used to bolster Latias’ unremarkable Defense stat. If you want your Latias to better handle physical attacks, switching to a physically defensive EV spread is not a problem: simply move all the Special Defense EVs into Defense and give Latias a Bold nature.

Salamence @ Leftovers

Bold/Impish

Intimidate

252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe

Iron Defence

Roost

Toxic

Flamethrower/Dragon Pulse/EQ

OK, at first a lot of people aer going to ask this question, “WTF have you done to Salamence?” Well they have good reason too, this thing is fairly weird and hardly anyone will use it. It’s a variation on Fat Mence that makes it a Physical Wall *shock*. With Intimidate on the switch, you already have a potent Physical wall and when they switch or if they don’t take that chance to use ID and you’re more than an efficiant Phyasical Wall. Use Toxic to Stall and whichever attacking move you think is best and go with the appropriate Nature.

Empoleon @ Leftovers

Calm

Torrent

252 HP / 160 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe

~ Surf

~ Grass Knot

~ Ice Beam / Stealth Rock

~ Roar / Yawn / Knock Off

Empoleon's 12 resistances do not go to waste on this set, which capitalizes on taking hits from powerful attackers like Kingdra, non-Earthquake Gyarados, most Bulky Waters, Choice Specs Salamence, and resisted Choice item attacks.

Surf is for STAB and deters Ground-types and Heatran from switching into Empoleon. Grass Knot covers Water-types nicely, making Empoleon an effective counter to them. Ice Beam hits Salamence for a clean OHKO and covers Grass-types. However, Salamence without an super effective move on Empoleon is fairly uncommon, so if you have to, you can run Stealth Rock in slot three. Roar and Yawn are mainly to deal with stat boosting Kingdra and Earthquake-less Gyarados more effectively. Roar is usually better as both of them tend to carry Substitute. Knock Off is a neat move to strip off Life Orbs or Choice items from threatening sweepers or even Leftovers from Blissey.

The EVs and nature are oriented toward Special Defense to better take hits from Water-types carrying Hidden Power Electric as well as to play up Empoleon's use as a special wall. To fare better against Kingdra, 160 EVs are placed in Defense to guarantee survival against 2 Life Orb Outrages after one Dragon Dance and Stealth Rock damage. If one does not care about Dragon Dance Life Orb Kingdra, maxing Special Defense is recommended to better deal with Water-types and Choice Specs Salamence. 4 Speed EVs are used to outrun Impish Swampert for the OHKO with Grass Knot, though it never OHKOes with Earthquake anyway.

Heatran @Choice Scarf

Naive / Rash

Flash Fire

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower

~ Earth Power

~ Explosion

~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass / Dragon Pulse

Choice Scarf Heatran is the ultimate revenge killer, holding many dangerous threats at bay. This includes, but is not limited to, Scizor, Salamence, Lucario, and even other Heatran. With its numerous resistances and immunity to Fire, Heatran can come in with a little prediction and force all of these Pokemon to switch or risk being KO'd. The Choice Scarf allows Heatran to outrun all unscarfed Pokemon, save Ninjask, reaching an impressive 417 speed.

Fire Blast is your STAB move, forcing out Scizor, Lucario, Jirachi, Celebi, and more. Coming off of an impressive 359 Special Attack, it even hurts when resisted. Earth Power is an absolute necessity, due to the popularity of Heatran, and complements Fire Blast by removing other Fire-types. Giving an enemy Heatran a Flash Fire boost is extremely dangerous, so a well predicted Earth Power is often key to winning a match. Hidden Power Ice allows you to revenge kill DD Salamence once it goes into an Outrage and gives you a 100% accurate move for taking out Gliscor. Hidden Power Grass allows you to wear down bulky Water counters, who usually switch into Heatran without thinking twice. Dragon Pulse is also a usable option for greater neutral coverage while still denting the OU Dragons, in particular Kingdra, who only takes neutral damage from any other type of attack. Lastly, Explosion is for when Heatran is on the verge of death, and it will likely take something down with it. If you're mainly using Heatran as a revenge killer, Flamethrower is a reliable option over Fire Blast. The improved accuracy could be the difference between winning and losing a game if your opponent's last two Pokemon are a somewhat weakened Celebi with Earth Power and a Scizor. In a case like this, a case not particularly situational, a reliable move like Flamethrower is a better option than Fire Blast; both will KO the rest of your opponent's team, but Fire Blast has a 15% chance to miss. That chance could cost you the game. Overheat is also an option.

A beneficial Speed nature is not absolutely necessary, but it allows you to revenge kill Adamant Gyarados even after a Dragon Dance, Adamant Heracross even with a Choice Scarf, and all the base 130 Speed Pokemon. Additionally, given the popularity of Heatran, it is not a bad idea to at least force a speed tie should your opponent use one as well.

If you don’t like any of these guys ask me for another set.

My head hurts. Mostly ripped from Smogon with some of my edits.

As a nickname for Gallade, I have chosen Emo!

Because it kinda looks Emo with the "hair", and has little cutty blades. And it's also a suicide-lead.

Idiot.^

Most of my friends are emo, and I make poke fun at them all the time. They understand and take the joke well. Besides, Gallade totally looks somewhat emo. And he's supposed to die after taking something down and DBond the next think. But that doesn't always work. And he has cutty blade things on his arms.

nvm'

I just named my houndoom that.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macargo or swallow?

What about kabutops and magmar?

Macargo is bad with his 4x weakness to Ground, and notably, Earthquake.

Swellow is good with Guts, but with Houndoom on your team, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're packing a Rapid Spinner, because Swellot takes loads of damage from Stealth Rocks, and with the standard Toxic Orb set, he can't afford the damage.

Kabutops is great in the rain, but outside of the rain I don't think he's that good personally, because he has horrid typing.

Magmar is bad, but Magmortar is good. He's somewhat specially bulky and has a good Sp Atk stat. But he's weak to SR like Houndoom, so I wouldn't run the two together.

Personally, I love Azumarill in OU and UU. Huge Power and a Choice Band boost it's attack to like 618 and it has STAB Aqua Jet to work off of. It's kinda like Scizor, only not as good.

Bannete is good in UU as well.

Also Lickilicky is awesome and you should run it too.

How about' date=' Typhlosion or Feraligator?

[/quote']

Typhlosion is like a mini ScarfTran, but again, carries a weakness to Stealth Rock, and does what Houndoom does, attack with Special attacks.

Feraligatr has Dragon Dance, but has meh stats. Azumarill does the job better.

How about' date=' Typhlosion or Feraligator?

[/quote']

Typhlosion is like a mini ScarfTran, but again, carries a weakness to Stealth Rock, and does what Houndoom does, attack with Special attacks.

Feraligatr has Dragon Dance, but has meh stats. Azumarill does the job better.

But I like Feraligator better because he looks cooler. [/nood moment]

Archived