Official Pokemon Discussion. (The 5th gen starts now)

Flame Dragon

Togekiss > Dunsparce.

Also' date=' anyone know a good EV spread for a Screen Support Rotom?

So far I've got

Rotom-H @ Light Clay

Bold(+Def, -Atk)

252 HP/ 172 DEF/ 86 Spe

Reflect

Light Screen/Will-O-Wisp

Overheat

Thunderbolt

Counters Gyarados and Scizor fairly well. There's probably a better spread, but I haven't downloaded Shoddy yet so I can't test it.

[/quote']

name: Double Screen

move 1: Reflect

move 2: Light Screen

move 3: Discharge / Shadow Ball

move 4: Hydro Pump / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fighting

item: Light Clay

nature: Bold

EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpD / 56 Spe

[sET COMMENTS]

Double Screen is an excellent strategy if Rotom-W’s teammates require protection while they set up. Discharge allows Rotom-W to aid its team with paralysis while Hydro Pump helps to combats Infernape and Heatran provided that Light Screen is activate. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting give Rotom-W perfect coverage with the bonus of hurting Celebi and Swampert harder than any of its other moves.

The Speed EVs outrun Adamant Tyranitar while the defenses are balanced to take advantage of both Reflect and Light Screen.

Screen Support Rotom

I'll post the new top 55 list in a bit (yes I'm doing top 55 since I think some of them are good enough to be called OUed).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Cheese: Dunny has more options than Togekiss for exploiting Sere Grace.

Dunsparce > Togekiss

Just pray we don't see an evolution for it anytime soon. Otherwise' date=' Togekiss will be completely obsolete.

[/quote']

Togekiss has better stats, and Jirachi can also do what Dunny does, but also has better stats.

Dunsparce's base 45 speed leaves him susceptible to anything not paralyzed.

If anything slips through the para from Body Slam, it can take Dunsparce down.

Also FD, why Rotom-W?

I don't feel the need for the extra type coverage since I'm running Swampert. I need Overheat for the type coverage if anything.

On another note, does anyone have a Bold Ditto for trade?

I can't breed a Bold Synchronizer for my life and I have a 27 DEF IV'd Rotom I want to grab the IV's from, it's Relaxed, which sucks.

That's why Dunny is a pass-recipient. Of course he's not going to be as good as either of them right off the bat.

With some speed boosts and maybe a swords dance from Ninjask passed to him, a Defensively EVd Dunsparce with Leftovers has a very nice ability to survive while barraging his enemies with Fliches.

Also FD' date=' why Rotom-W?

I don't feel the need for the extra type coverage since I'm running Swampert. I need Overheat for the type coverage if anything.

[/quote']

It doesn't really matter but Water is a better attacking type then fire unless you need it to hit something you couldn't normally.

And I'm a man of my word

2hojryv.jpg

This months tier list.

Top 55 OU Pokemon? =O Awwww' date=' no Miltank?

[/quote']

The OU stop at 50, but the other 5 are good enouch to be counted in. Hell 3 of them were once OU.

Tentacruel is on thare? And so is Donphan? o_O

EXPLAIN PL0X!

Donphan

Donphan got some very good boosts to his previously barren movepool. Knock Off and Stealth Rock are excellent moves and bulky Donphan has no problem using them effectively. Ice Shard helps make him a decent counter for most physical oriented Dragons too. As was mentioned in the Support set' date=' Rapid Spin is one of Donphan's most useful moves. With the list of Spinners being relatively short, and those that can use it effectively shorter still, Donphan should be one of the first Pokémon you consider if you are in need of spin support. Donphan's main flaw as a spinner is that a battler must send him in before or during the turn the opponent is setting up Toxic Spikes. If you fail to do so, Donphan will be poisoned and without a reliable recovery move, he will not be able to Rapid Spin for you much longer. The sturdy elephant is not the most spectacular Pokémon around, but he is a solid and reliable supporter who can also hit hard when the need arises.

[/quote']

Tentacruel

His impressive Special Defense suggests "special wall", but unfortunate weaknesses to the ever common Thunderbolt, Psychic, and Earth Power mean he can't truly lay claim to that title. However, his fairly diverse movepool enables him to act as sweeper or supporter (or even a little of both), making him a valuable asset to most teams. In OU, you'll find his ability to spin away Spikes and Stealth Rock and switch into Aura Sphere and Fire Blast with little risk most welcome. Overall, Tentacruel is a decent Pokémon but his Ground and Electric weaknesses can limit his chances of switching in.

Dunno. Tyranitar is to slow.

It's slow' date=' but it can pack a serious punch. It spawns a sandstorm when it comes out and has incredible Attack and Defense. It's also in the top 55 OU Pokemon (that Flame Dragon showed on the previous page - I think Tyranitar was #7).

[/quote']

But it would still hurt my own guys.

I want my dragon/dark team to always have the 1st attack.

Dunno. Tyranitar is to slow.

It's slow' date=' but it can pack a serious punch. It spawns a sandstorm when it comes out and has incredible Attack and Defense. It's also in the top 55 OU Pokemon (that Flame Dragon showed on the previous page - I think Tyranitar was #7).

[/quote']

But it would still hurt my own guys.

I want my dragon/dark team to always have the 1st attack.

Sadly, that's not always an option - considering moves like Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Ice Shard, etc. That and there are quite a few Pokemon that are just faster than any Dragon. Personally, I find that being able to take a hit is also a good point. What good is speed if you cannot take a hit in case you cannot finish off your opponent?

Bear in mind that the presence of Sandstorm also boosts the Sp.Def of Rock-type Pokemon, allowing Tyranitar to shrug off hits from Water and Grass type moves, as well as Special Fighting techniques (useful when facing Togekiss, as it likes to hit T-Tar with Aura Spheres).

Flygon also will remain unaffected by Sandstorm.

And do NOT give T-Tar a Choice Scarf. It doesn't need to be fast - being Bulky means it can takes hits and throw them right back. Being able to attack first is really only a concern when dealing with Revenge Killers and Blitzkrieg Pokemon (such as Weavile or Jolteon - both need to be able to kill their opposition before they get attacked, as they are very fragile).

Umbreon also works if you're looking for another Dark candidate - it can provide Wish Support to your party, which is useful if you're set up to be able to switch frequently.

Archived