Official Pokemon Discussion. (The 5th gen starts now)

Flame Dragon

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`m mainly training my mawile' date='it`s at level 59,know`s double edge,flamethrower,false swipe (obviously for catching pokemon) and protect.I mainly use it as both a tank and sweeper,physically.Anyone know how I should improve it.I will post the rest later.[/font']

If you want to use a pokemon for competitive play that pokemon most be breed for it. This means you should avoid using it in random battles.

Sorry to say but Mawile is a bad pokemon. It is weak to some of the most common moves in the game and has crap stats and move pool. Not only that but what ever your tring to do with it can be done better by many other pokemon. If you want to use do it, but I say think long and hard about it.

Ok, so I actually have a team starting to form on my Pearl now.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf

Jolly

4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 Speed

U-Turn

Earthquake

Dragon Claw

Crunch

Already EV'd, just need to raise it to 100 now.

Porygon Z @ Silk Scarf

Modest

4 HP/ 252 Sp. ATK/ 252 Speed

Download

He's already EV'd, I just have no idea what I want to do with his moveset. Help me with PGZ?

The rest of the team will probably be:

Blissey

Yanmega

And then I need ideas for the last two Pokes.

Help/Rate mah team?

Pokemon started back in 1996 and since has grown to become the second biggest video game franchise.

The newest game to come out were Diamond and Pearl' date=' with Platinum do out in about a month.

In this thread feel free to give an over view about any of the many games, the pokemon themselves, ask for help, and talk about the competive world of pokemon, and other general things about pokemon.

The main reason I've made this thread is because their have been many different pokemon related threads being made, and doing this will help to cut down on some clutter.

So from this point on, only pokemon threads for the games themselves (ie Red, Blue, Pearl, Ranger) would be permitted.

[spoiler=OU pokemon run down']

Sweepers

Special: Alakazam, Azelf, Empoleon, Gengar, Heatran, Jolteon, Magnezone, Porygon-Z, Starmie, Suicune, Togekiss, Yanmega, Zapdos

Physical: Aerodactyl, Breloom, Donphan, Dugtrio, Flygon, Gyarados, Heracross, Machamp, Mamoswine, Scizor, Snorlax, Weavile,

Mix: Dragonite, Electivire, Infernape, Kingdra, Lucario, Salamence, Tentacruel,

Support: Aerodactyl, Bronzong, Donphan, Dragonite, Forretress, Heatran, Ninjask, Skarmory, Tentacruel, Vaporeon,

Wall: Blissey, Bronzong, Cresselia, Dusknoir, Forretress, Skarmory,

Tank: Empoleon, Gyarados, Machamp, Magnezone, Snorlax, Suicune, Vaporeon, Zapdos

Can do all over above: Celebi, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Jirachi, Latias, Metagross, Rhyperior, Swampert, Tyranitar

If you spot any mistake just point them out. Also if you want me to add a pokemon ask, and if I think it should be on the list I'll add it.

Hey, since I've given out enough reps tonight, I would like to end my fight with you by saying something real quickly on your own part of the forum.

You are an ass, I hope you change.

Ok' date=' so I actually have a team starting to form on my Pearl now.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf

Jolly

4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 Speed

U-Turn

Earthquake

Dragon Claw

Crunch

Already EV'd, just need to raise it to 100 now.

Porygon Z @ Silk Scarf

Modest

4 HP/ 252 Sp. ATK/ 252 Speed

Download

He's already EV'd, I just have no idea what I want to do with his moveset. Help me with PGZ?

The rest of the team will probably be:

Blissey

Yanmega

And then I need ideas for the last two Pokes.

Help/Rate mah team?

[/quote']

Good set for Z

Item: Choice Scarf

~ Tri Attack

~ Thunderbolt

~ Ice Beam

~ Hidden Power Fighting

Blissy is a basic pokemon so I don't think you need help with that. Just give it Stealth Rock.

For Yanmega

~ Protect

~ Bug Buzz

~ Air Slash

~ Hypnosis

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Item: Wise Glasses

Nature: Modest

Ability: Speed Boost

For the last two I say Starmie and Machamp.

Pokemon started back in 1996 and since has grown to become the second biggest video game franchise.

The newest game to come out were Diamond and Pearl' date=' with Platinum do out in about a month.

In this thread feel free to give an over view about any of the many games, the pokemon themselves, ask for help, and talk about the competive world of pokemon, and other general things about pokemon.

The main reason I've made this thread is because their have been many different pokemon related threads being made, and doing this will help to cut down on some clutter.

So from this point on, only pokemon threads for the games themselves (ie Red, Blue, Pearl, Ranger) would be permitted.

[spoiler=OU pokemon run down']

Sweepers

Special: Alakazam, Azelf, Empoleon, Gengar, Heatran, Jolteon, Magnezone, Porygon-Z, Starmie, Suicune, Togekiss, Yanmega, Zapdos

Physical: Aerodactyl, Breloom, Donphan, Dugtrio, Flygon, Gyarados, Heracross, Machamp, Mamoswine, Scizor, Snorlax, Weavile,

Mix: Dragonite, Electivire, Infernape, Kingdra, Lucario, Salamence, Tentacruel,

Support: Aerodactyl, Bronzong, Donphan, Dragonite, Forretress, Heatran, Ninjask, Skarmory, Tentacruel, Vaporeon,

Wall: Blissey, Bronzong, Cresselia, Dusknoir, Forretress, Skarmory,

Tank: Empoleon, Gyarados, Machamp, Magnezone, Snorlax, Suicune, Vaporeon, Zapdos

Can do all over above: Celebi, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Jirachi, Latias, Metagross, Rhyperior, Swampert, Tyranitar

If you spot any mistake just point them out. Also if you want me to add a pokemon ask, and if I think it should be on the list I'll add it.

Hey, since I've given out enough reps tonight, I would like to end my fight with you by saying something real quickly on your own part of the forum.

You are an ass, I hope you change.

This gain? I thought we ended this with and everything was fine. Wait it was.

To quote you

I am sorry I overreacted with the whole thread thing. I guess maybe instead of listening to one of my personal friends' date=' I should also listen to the other person's side of the conversation. I am really sorry and I didn't really send a message to YCMaker. I've removed your negs.

Sorry,

DCP

[/quote']

It fine. Just remember that unless mods are doing something very stupid, leave the complaining to the people who are involved with the situation.

I'll delete the neg at some point or another, but for now I'm leaving it so you have a reminder about this.

By the way, if you ever need help with anything (I know for a fact you won't because you're a mod), I'll be here, just in case.

So where is this coming from?

Flygon is wrong you need Outrage.

Blissey can do better things with its time than use Stleath Rock; get something else to do it if you think it's necerssary. Possibly make her a Cleric to get rid of dibilitating illness on Flygon, such as a Burn or Sleep.

I think the classic Nasty Plot Poygon Z is more effective.

Porygon @ Life Orb

Timid

Hp4/SpA252/SPE252

Nasty Plot

Ice Beam

Dark Pulse

Tri Attack

Make Flames Yanmega a lead because that's where it's supposed to be, although Hypnosis has very low accuracy, you might find a better lead. Maybe something to lay down Rocks so Blissey doesn't have to.

Make machamp a Physical Wall variant and if you really want another Choice, make Starmie one.

You assness. I was just kissin up to you because you were a mod' date=' but I don't care anymore.

[/quote']

The fact that your starting this up again proves you do care. How does me being a mod matter? I don't care if people like me.

Also HOW THE BLOODY HELL AM I AN ASS!?

Flygon is wrong you need Outrage.

Blissey can do better things with its time than use Stleath Rock; get something else to do it if you think it's necerssary. Possibly make her a Cleric to get rid of dibilitating illness on Flygon' date=' such as a Burn or Sleep.

[b']The problem is that he doesn't have another pokemon to do it and the rocks are very help.[/b]

I think the classic Nasty Plot Poygon Z is more effective.

Porygon @ Life Orb

Timid

Hp4/SpA252/SPE252

Nasty Plot

Ice Beam

Dark Pulse

Tri Attack

Main reason I don't like it is because it's a bit to slow and can't take hits very well.

Make Flames Yanmega a lead because that's where it's supposed to be, although Hypnosis has very low accuracy, you might find a better lead. Maybe something to lay down Rocks so Blissey doesn't have to.

Make machamp a Physical Wall variant and if you really want another Choice, make Starmie one.

Where do I get Outrage on Flygon?

Serebii says it's from the Move Tutor' date=' but is it only in Plat? Where is he anyway?

[/quote']

It's from Plat.

Here's the truth: You're not really an ass. You're actually really nice. I just want to be permabanned tonight and I'm hoping that the Super Mods see that tommorow... I'm sorry.

So I guess that's why your starting this again. But I'm not going to ban you but you could pm another mod and asked to be.

The irony of me also using a Move Tutor is amazing.

Appearently my lvl37 Infernape cant beat the freakin' 4th gym, So i'm forced to teach him Thunder Punch(....just, I need enough shards >___>)

As it is, His moveset is:

Close Combat

Shadow Claw

Comet Punch

[random fire move](forgot its name)

Yea, It sucks :<

lol' date=' Comet Punch. I don't even know what it does.

[/quote']

Honestly, I only kept Comet Punch around for the fact that its a Fighting verson of Quick-Attack(look, I fought ALOT of Geodude/Onlix/other Rock and/or Ground-Types really early game, So give me a break)

Plus, Its the move I plan to switch for Thunder Punch.

I think you've got the names mixed up' date=' you either mean Mach Punch or you don't know what the move does. Comet Punch hits 2-5 times in one turn and Mach Punch is priority. If it's Mach Punch keep it.

[/quote']

Yea, My bad. I had the moves mixed up >___>

*gets shot*

Still, I hate how I'm low on Shards :/

And the only reason I'm doing all this, Is so that I can beat the freakin' 4th Gym(CURSE YOU WATER-TYPE!)

Right now, At this moment, This is EnRyu:

Monferno Lvl38(male)

I still find it ironic how hes a monkey, with a Naughty nature, and hes Mischievous

And him liking spicy food is rather funny, Since he is, in fact, a FIRE-Type

Stats:

HP - 118

ATK - 101

DEF - 68

S.ATK - 97

D.DEF - 56

Speed - 98

Moveset:

Shadow Claw(I'm keeping this)

Close Combat

Flame Wheel

Mach Punch

Freakin' Lvl33 Gyrados just spams my team with Waterfall, And I lose :/

• 3 weeks later...

Since I want to bring the main game talk back here here is a gift

This is the top 50 Pokemon list from last month.

Battles: 244583

Rank | Name | Usage | Percent

1 | Scizor | 142181 | 29.07

2 | Salamence | 112252 | 22.95

3 | Heatran | 99533 | 20.35

4 | Gyarados | 89628 | 18.32

5 | Infernape | 87366 | 17.86

6 | Metagross | 85917 | 17.56

7 | Tyranitar | 83963 | 17.16

8 | Blissey | 76599 | 15.66

9 | Swampert | 72682 | 14.86

10 | Latias | 70882 | 14.49

11 | Lucario | 70816 | 14.48

12 | Gengar | 70289 | 14.37

13 | Jirachi | 60581 | 12.38

14 | Zapdos | 57617 | 11.78

15 | Celebi | 50658 | 10.36

16 | Starmie | 49722 | 10.16

17 | Azelf | 49364 | 10.09

18 | Breloom | 44903 | 9.18

19 | Gliscor | 42620 | 8.71

20 | Vaporeon | 42560 | 8.70

21 | Bronzong | 42152 | 8.62

22 | Skarmory | 39950 | 8.17

23 | Kingdra | 38765 | 7.92

24 | Flygon | 37813 | 7.73

25 | Magnezone | 36154 | 7.39

26 | Jolteon | 35444 | 7.25

27 | Machamp | 35256 | 7.21

28 | Togekiss | 34932 | 7.14

29 | Rotom-h | 33303 | 6.81

30 | Electivire | 32412 | 6.63

31 | Suicune | 30492 | 6.23

32 | Mamoswine | 29540 | 6.04

33 | Forretress | 28608 | 5.85

34 | Weavile | 28229 | 5.77

35 | Aerodactyl | 27678 | 5.66

36 | Tentacruel | 26538 | 5.43

37 | Hippowdon | 26004 | 5.32

38 | Dusknoir | 25926 | 5.30

39 | Snorlax | 25613 | 5.24

40 | Empoleon | 25417 | 5.20

41 | Heracross | 24449 | 5.00

42 | Dragonite | 24382 | 4.98

43 | Ninjask | 21879 | 4.47

44 | Porygon Z | 21586 | 4.41

45 | Cresselia | 21579 | 4.41

46 | Alakazam | 19536 3.99

47 | Dugtrio | 18156 | 3.71

48 | Rhyperior | 17597 | 3.60

49 | Smeargle | 17517 | 3.58

50 | Donphan | 16500 | 3.37

We'll get a new on in a few days and I might post that.

If people don't care abou the Usage and Percent and if I do this again I'll just post pic.

The best thing ever just happened, I wanted to play one more OU battle before I went off, but I forgot to change the tier. I ended up using my OU team in Ubers. At first I was like, >_>, but then I started winning. In the end I did win and this was only made better by one other thing. I only lost 1 pokemon.

Ooh! Uber team got pwned! I guess Ubers aren't everything. They look and sound cool' date=' but most people screw up on raising them.

[/quote']

No, ubers are really good, just most people don't give ubers move sets to take on OU pokemon since they are almost never used in that tier. For that reason I was able to take some pokemon with ease. Their is also the fact that he first pokemon's only job was to set up and die, and his second was killed because I had the perfect counter. Another died because I pulled a crit. As for the others I don't remeber what happened.

Also their was no problem with how they were raised since this was on shoddy and seeing as how I have a high record in the uber tier I think the same can be said about my opponent.

Archived