The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

LERNA's Barrier:

The white-haired girl weakly accepted the cloak, her nude form quivering from the intense cold. She then gingerly wrapped her fingers around the floating puffball and brought him close to her chest, closing her eyes to pet his round form and share his warmth. That Kuriboh would, most likely, be the luckiest Kuriboh in the multiverse at that moment, to be this close to a naked human girl.

The aged princess, on the other hand, also closed her eyes as she felt Alexander's comforting embrace. "Take care of them...Itsu was formed from two sisters, who didn't want to lose each other to the void of death...Yuki and Izumi...Winter and Spring made a glorious, eternal Summer, the combined daughter of Autumn. But now, the seasons have changed, and Winter and Spring have come once again...With this crushing despair all around us, give them hope and love...Now, I must go...be with...my goddess...and my...beloved..." And with that, the princess breathed her last, a gentle smile on her wrinkled face, knowing that her closest friend was in good hands. However, unlike Melvin's rapidly-cooling corpse, Judaihime's body was overcome by a radiant golden gleam, and slowly, her body began to feel lighter until there was nothing there. She simply transformed into light, fitting for a devout worshiper of a goddess of light.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LERNA'S Barrier

Interestingly enough CWG (and by law of continuity Eria) could hear the same conversation that was taking place between Dorian and LERNA. His head abruptly twisted to the side as some of BWG's true personality was simply making its way through. Though all that happened was a smirk came across the corrupted digimon's face. Next thing to happen was when he noticed the corrupted Arthur begin to talk to him. That was interesting to say the least. The Arthur child never had such impressive power before. Was this all due to the construct know as Jerii? That didn't matter at this moment though. CWG decided that there was something he should try. But first he made sure to analyze his opponents abilities. It seemed like energy based attacks are useless. This familiar had the ability to change the direction of attacks that were coming towards him. Therefore he decided to go for the straightforward approach. 

He shot himself past Arthur whispering a small Congratulations to the young man. Just giving him a nod to his new found strength. Then he decided to bypass Arthur's stream of attacks with extreme speed and he made it towards the familiar. Grand Destroyer. CWG seemingly reached out to touch them man with his claw, but behind this attack was a massive amount of concussive force. 

LERNA's "Mind"/Barrier

Dorian had to raise an eyebrow as he was confused a tad. Out of all the maneuvers LERNA had at her disposal for some magical reason Dorian didn't think dodging was one of them. He had the simple =_= face as the massive beast boss battler sunk into the waves and dodged the all powerful Sliferok's attack. In addition to that it seemed as if his mental conversation had gotten quite nasty. The manifestation of LERNA decided to insult him with a brief yet factual retelling of his life. Dorian was silent as he held back the chuckle that events that lead to his prosperity. He looked up as he could see the beast going head first into Sliferok. I'm confused, you just proved my point. I hoped for a better life and I got one....

While Dorian was talking to LERNA Butler, Ragnarok, the spirits, and Slifer were ready to engage in close range combat. Butler cut off the Slkaverei and stopped assimilating the waves of despair. Now was something he was pretty sure he could handle. A direct full on fight. The Alpha Stigma scanned the Dark Sirinex but there was no way for him to copy it. Nevertheless the converted despair turned into raw power which gave him the confidence to go in for a direct attack. When LERNA shot out of the ocean of Despair Sliferok dove down to engage. 

What do I have to hope for? How can you even ask that?

With the constant attack of despair filled water coming at it LERNA would hear the loud voice of Ragnarok BRING IT ON B************************CCCCCCCCCHHHHH!!!! Out of Sliferok came black tentacles of Mad Blood clashing with the despair. If this is the best you got then you better prepare yourself to become part of a true GOD!!! BLOODY MAELSTROM!!! Then twisters of Mad Blood came out of Sliferok trying to disperse the concentrations of despair so that the beast could dive down to the horrific monster.

I hope for a better life, and if not me then a better life for those around me. 

Butler clapped his hands and made 16 magical arrays in front of the Sliferok as it dove down to confront LERNA these arrays simply served as shields from the Alpha Stigma to break down the dark energy that LERNA was shooting at him. Her power was impressive. She was breaking the barriers with sheer raw force but it was still enough for Sliferok to keep getting in closer. Butler, though losing his humanity, was still a man of few words. His seriousness in this matter was almost tangible. Butler didn't give up hope at all. If anything it was clear to him that the allied forces still had a shot of winning this battle. 

If you know so much about me then, you have to know that the bleaker the situation the more effort I put forth to change said situation.

With Sliferok barely making it past LERNA's initial attack it was right there at her main body and it went head first into the fray. First Slifer used its massive arms to try and swat away the massive head neck combinations of LERNA's new spiked body. Slifer countered those new offences with the Mad Blood's hardening effect. Then LERNA would hear a slew of different voices all coming from Sliferok. Can you really not understand the concept of hope and overcoming the odds? Now matter how elusive the prey we shall hunt it!! Now let's see if you can hope to survive this attack. The spirit of Dorian's deck kicked it into high gear. Around two of LERNA's heads and down their necks wrapped two massive energy snakes set to explode. Then came five energy leopards shooting out of Sliferok's mouth aiming to pounce on another head. 

Its funny isn't it. Because I'm not the only one. Everyone here is fighting because they honestly believe they can win. And that's all because of you. 

While trying to move all of the other heads out of the way the Slifer head with Butler Quincy attachment stared directly into the eyes of the main head. Slifer opened its mouth and began to charge another blast. But then this blast began to turn into a different color spectrum. It was a mix of purple, gold, light blue, and red a combination of all the powers that made up Sliferok. 

Dorian's voice became oddly sincere as he was talking to LERNA. I honestly feel sorry for you. At such a young age you some how got immeasurable power and that's kept you from actually growing. You don't have the hard times needed to appreciate the good times. Maybe that's why your power of copying somehow gives you all of our past experiences. Since you haven't had any real hardships you want to take on all of ours. You live vicariously through our hope. 

Sliferok had finished setting up its attack. The combined voices of Butler, Ragnarok, Slifer, Anansi, Oso, and Osebo shouted out. SCREECH OMEGA THUNDERFORCE CANNON!! The blast fired followed by Slifer's all powerful RRRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!.

LERNA's Barrier

Ed witnessed a series of very confusing events, at least for him. First, some of Alexander's friends arrived and started yelling, which Ed could kinda understand. Then several people started appearing out of nowhere, with even more shouting. Someone then made Thermopylae split into different females. The doll's face had some cracks in it's once previous perfect face and a new, sinister eye. Alexander and the newly appeared woman began conversing and interacting. And just to make things more confusing for Ed, Nero gets thrown into the mix.

Ed lightly beats his forehead with the handle of his sword. He rests the sword on his shoulder after his short mental impasse. "This." He waves his black flame sword back and forth at the group of never-ending confusion. "All this. Is confusing to me. You people do stuff that I do stuff that I cannot comprehend. Then again, this is whole thing is beyond comprehension." Ed pointed his sword to whatever Alexander was doing. "You. Hurry up and finish whatever it is doing you're doing. I want to get back to the only thing I do understand, and that is fighting." Ed turned his sword back to what it was intended, Thermopylae. "And finally, you. Please stop being so...you. I want to be actually able to kill you with resorting to confusing shenanigans."

|_)~Moe~ Scientist Frankram(_|

As the number of Troy decreased, there was a vast warning light burning deep within Frankram's mind. There was a fair young maiden out there, in need of his desperate aid. The call to ~moe was strong, oh yes indeed it was. The passion of the calling burned brightly inside Frankram as he dashed across the panels, following the calling that resonated deep in his heart.

The calling was not wrong, as he came to the scene just after Judaihime faded away. His eyes were practically glued on Yuki, wrapped in naught but a coat and was shivering so. He bowed quite politely to her as he said "As I thought, a fair young maiden in need of aid. I can provide some more, suitable attire for you, if you desire it so."

|_)Magical Girl Lydia & Hellspawn Sarah

Both the girls cheered as their attacks made impact and did significant damage to LERNA. Sarah nodded at the enraged beast, but Lydia felt frozen in time as she made eye contact with the one head that stared at her. She felt and incredibly cold and depressing presence in her, moving about like a draft through a large house. She shivered as the presence left her, and it also left her a cold headache.

She grasped her head with her left hand, as she stared straight at LERNA. "That thing read me" she declared.

Sarah stopped smiling smugly at LERNA to look in confusion at Lydia. "What do you mean read you? Like, reading your mind or something?"

Lydia shook her head, but, after a brief moment of thought, she then nodded. "Sort of, but not quite. It's as if she was reading me, as a, person. Like I was a book and she was idly thumbing through me. I think that's how she's doing it. I was wondering why her power set kept changing so rapidly; but now I think I get it: She reads us on a conceptual level, then copies our abilities, the native ones. Like, I, like Eria's control over water. LERNA must've copied it, then altered the ability to manipulate her ocean, unless she can do that naturally. She's reading us all, and her Familiars are using our own memories to crush us. She knows us, so she knows how to bring out the despair in us. If so, then that Kishin dragon over there doesn't stand a chance. She could just copy whatever he's doing and send it right back; even if the guy is bonkers there's still something inside of him that could crush his spirit."

Sarah felt blown away by this. "So, if you think she copies our natural abilities, then I should be fine. My power comes from the Spirit of Ifrit that resides in me. As for you, well, you need the book, so, I don't know how you work. LERNA's pissed now, and gone under the ocean. Wanna wait till she comes back up and give another kick to the teeth?"

Lydia shook her head as she rightened herself up. "No, she's taking special interest in people. I know she turned a head our way, but, some strange compulsion within me leads me to believe she's after me. She didn't read you, so after she's done with the Kishin, I'm next."

Sarah rolled her eyes as she placed her hands on her hips. "Well aren't we extra special now? What are you going to do then? Run?"

Lydia nodded. "If I distance myself, LERNA will chase after me, and the others can attack her while her interest is on me."

"And if she just ignores you? I'l join the fight like everyone else. But for now we should move away, I don't think the Kishin will go down without some serious firepower. Fine, but stay within five feet of me. I don't want you running off on me. Deal."

They distanced themselves away, just enough so that the battle with LERNA & Sliferok was well within viewing range, but well away from any possible explosions of cosmic energy.

LERNA's Barrier:

The white-haired girl looked to the strange man with the blonde hair and glasses, and nodded back to him. "H-Hello...I am Yuki Fudo...And I would really appreciate some clothes. In fact, here is something for everyone, to express my gratitude." She closed her eyes, and empathically reached out through the abyss of despair around them to the motes of emotion, the islands of rage and frustration, of worry and sorrow, of focus and resolve, that were slowly sinking into the blackness of the despair, including the event horizon within this emotional void that was LERNA. She extended herself to them, touching their psyches, and began to fill them with hope. With the desire to not give into the despair, and to keep on fighting against LERNA. She imparted upon them the desire to work as one, and to unite with their former foes on either side, even for a short time, against their common enemy.

Alexander

Alexander gazed sadly as Judaihime vanished from this world, the warmth of the light that took her being somewhat comforting yet could not keep the lombax from shedding a tear for the departed princess. Once she was completely gone, only a lone white feather remained in Alexander's open palm. Alexander contemplated this oddity in his hand for a moment before it gently floated off, as if carried by an unfelt breeze.

Ed lightly beats his forehead with the handle of his sword. He rests the sword on his shoulder after his short mental impasse. "This." He waves his black flame sword back and forth at the group of never-ending confusion. "All this. Is confusing to me. You people do stuff that I do stuff that I cannot comprehend. Then again, this is whole thing is beyond comprehension." Ed pointed his sword to whatever Alexander was doing. "You. Hurry up and finish whatever it is doing you're doing. I want to get back to the only thing I do understand, and that is fighting." Ed turned his sword back to what it was intended, Thermopylae. "And finally, you. Please stop being so...you. I want to be actually able to kill you with resorting to confusing shenanigans."

"... well then... I believe you're going to have to... chill." With a glint of icy blue in his eyes, Alexander made a sweeping motion with his ice skate-adorned leg toward Ed; while the motion itself did not connect (given there was about a few yards distance between them), the intended effect of Ed's legs becoming encased in ice did occur. Certain that Ed would not come charging in again, Alexander gave a calm sigh. "Sorry, Edward... but I can't have you attacking Itsu...." With that, Alexander turned on his heel and walked over toward the catatonic Thermopylae.

"Itsu... or Izumi, whichever you are right now...," he said to the disabled minion, kneeling before her as he placed a hand on each of her shoulders, "... I know there's still a part of you in there, a part that can still hope, that can still feel happiness, compassion...."

Jeanne (w/Lucario and Jecht)

"So, if I'm guessing correctly," Jeanne grunted as she and Lucario joined with Jecht in averting the Troys, "... Eria has effectively joined with the lot of you."

"Yeah, I guess so," Jecht shrugged as he kicked one Troy into another one that appeared to him as his son, Tidus. "Dunno what that Butler guy is up to, but he seems to be trying to do her a favor."

""Favor" my fine, sexy @$$," Jeanne hissed as she through out a punch, Madama Styx mimicking this motion and plowing through another herd of Troys. "Having her succumb to madness... as if that could ever do anyone good."

"Hey, at least it beats having her turn into one of these things, right?"

"...."

"Listen," Jecht continued, trying his best to be as sincere as possible, "I can tell that she's grown on you, and you're feeling hurt about losing a friend, whether she dies or joins with the other side. But, if you want, I suppose... I could look after her for ya. Either that, or you could join with us?"

"Oh, please," Jeanne scoffed, turning sharply to look Jecht straight in his face, the two of them mere millimeters away from having their bodies touch. Jeanne pointed the barrel of her handgun to Jecht head as she continued, "You must be foolish if you believe I would ever join with the lot of you, even if it is just to be closer to my friends."

""Friends"?"

"I'll get Cereza back from you lot," Jeanne continued, now giving Jecht a rather intense glare, "and I'll do so by crushing anyone who gets in my way, former friends or otherwise. So you had best remember that... ... stud," Jeanne added, giving Jecht a once-over with her eyes before resuming her fight with the Troys.

Slightly confused, Jecht took a moment to glance over at Lucario. "Hey, pooch. Is it me, or is our Lady in Red giving off mixed signals?"

"Heh... that's not the only thing she's giving off," Lucario replied with a quick sniff of the air.

Alister Azimuth

Having to dodge many an oncoming, misfired, and haphazardous attack from the other combatants, Alister continued to make his way circling around LERNA, trying to catch a glimpse of where the Witch might be keeping to artifact. At last, he finally caught sight of it, the dark orb being balanced on one of the Witch's many hydra-like heads. "There it is...," he thought out loud to himself as he slowed down his pace. "Now I just need to get it out of her grasp." Building up as much energy into his hoverboots as possible, Alister propelled himself toward the hydra head, hoping that the Witch's attention remains focused on her adversaries....

Frankram smiled as the fair girl accepted his offer. Designing female outfits was a hobby of his; though to be honest, it was a hobby of ~moe~ lovers everywhere. Sakuma Eitarou especially. That man could really design maid costumes, to the perfect T... and A. The man smiled again as he raised his hand and snapped loduly.

In a puff of smoke, Yuki was now dressed in a snow white maid costume. He looked her over once and then twice, and shook his head. "No, this is not right."

He snapped again, and this time Yuki was in a Japanese school girl's summer uniform. He shook his head, concluding that once again it wasn't right. He then changed her to a swimsuit, but that wasn't right. He made a brief foray into catgirl, but that simply was not right either. Designing attire for winter maidens was always such a difficult thing to do.

As he dressed her in a track uniform, he finally came to the right conclusion. "Ah yes, of course. Something original I think."

With a snap of his fingers, and naother puff of pink smoke, Yuki was dressed in a new fresh rose coloured attire. The upper part of the outfit had the style of a kimono, with long sleeves that ended in quite wide cuffs, though on closer inspection you would see that the cuff in question was quite small, it just had a large adjoining tassle to it. The skirt was medium length, with the up down crease-lining found on many skirts. From the back of her waist and running down where fine feather-like ribbons that blossomed behind her and fell to the floor. And upon her back were medium-small sized ornamental wings. Her shoes were clean white Mary-Janes, with long leggings that ran to her knees. To finish the ensemble, her long hair was done up in a ponytail, with a large bow perced on top of it.

Frankram steppd back to admire his work, and he gave it his thumbs up. "Now my winter dove, you are perfect."

LERNA's Barrier:

After going through many a wardrobe change thanks to the charming doctor, Yuki found herself in an adorable costume that looked like a mutilated kimono with various accessories attached onto it. It was rather gawdy, but she found herself admiring it and enjoying every bit of this little adventure. With her own memories as Itsu being a jumbled blur, save for what she remembers as being her own and no one else's, she needed to focus on the good things, especially with the environment she was in. Through her empathic senses, she was able to see very little but a black void of despair surrounding her. With her telepathic powers, she could brush against the shattered psyches of the Troys nearby with her mind to see what poor unfortunate souls they used to be. And she was still linked to her sister Izumi, the shattered shell of a doll called Thermopylae, and could hear her whispers of regret and sorrow. This brief bliss was a safe harbor against the crashing waves of negativity threatening to drown her in depression.
She giggled and went up to Professor Frankram and reached up on her tiptoes to give him a soft and gentle peck on the cheek before looking into his eyes and whispering. "Thank you." Meanwhile, she telepathically nudged Alexander. <I remember you, but just barely. My mind is such a mess right now. Could I step into your memories and get a sort of refresher of what is going on?>

This one act of compassion, a simple gesture of affection, managed to break through to Izumi, and Alexander was rewarded with a CRACK! as the fracture Judaihime gave her grew bigger, smaller fragments of the porcelain-like material falling to the ground. She slumped forward, placing her head against Alexander's soft shoulder, and croaked out. "....Hold.....me....."

Nero

Nero was called to stop attacking the being that was once Thermopylae, and he glad he stopped when he was beckoned to. Although he didn't know what had happened, he did know that the sense of battle surely had changed and they would need time to progress. Without a second thought, Nero turned around, and surely enough there were many Troys making their way towards the group. "At the very least I can give you a few minutes privacy!" Nero shouted at the two, delivering a wave of darkness that knocked the closest Troys away. "Come on! Put some fight into your movement!" Nero said, charging into the group of Troys as to give the two time to talk.

Interesting developments were occurring in the battle, especially with several beings metamorphosing. In its current battle however, ADR-11 managed to deflect the projectile blades, no matter though. It had destroyed enough of the blade it was unusable, which was a nuisance though. When it dared to unleash a counter-volley, it started to get interested in the battle, the sadistic nature of the familiar kicking in. The attack consisted of shooting some strange dark energy, which exploded once it got into a close proximity. Although it didn't harm him in the slightest, it threw up a cover of smoke. While the black smoke swirled around the figure, it proceeded to blast a row of Chaos in four streams. As the streams arced through the air, it slashed away two of the strands, and used the scarf once more to block the other two. However, as he did, something strange began to occur. The blade began to corrode, cutting through what the Troys had merged to form, working away at it like an acid, and it started to feel uncomfortable where he blocked it with the scarf as well. Upon closer observation, the Chaos was rapidly bubbling and reacting as it came into contact with the scarf material, and although it didn't harm the scarf, due to it being a conceptual item, it made it feel disorienting and it stung quite a bit when he prodded it lightly with the end of a gloved finger. Grinning, he spoke in a smooth baritone that would've seemed kind in sound, if one didn't know better. "This is enjoyable, and I applaud you for not immediately dying. L E R N A seems to want dangerous opponents dead though, so you must go, as well as the robotic creature next to you." Almost the moment he spoke, the robotic being slammed into Titanomachia with a surprisingly strong force, managing to push him back almost a dozen meters, grunting in shock. It was certainly unexpected, and angered the Familiar a great deal, managing to bruise him through the just the movement of the air as it swung the massive paw, to a painful extent, but as it continued to push against him, the weaker vector shield was starting to give. Although it was pushing back at CWG, with a sudden shimmer in the air, a ripple could be seen around the air surrounding the paw, before it smashed into the being himself, albeit weaker. Something akin to a rib or two seemed to have cracked, and a black-tinted liquid started to drip from the side of his mouth. That foolish robotic beast will be torn apart by my bare hands.

As it got ready to attack with a vicious reply to that foolish attempt, suddenly it collapsed in a brief flash of pain as Thermopylae was attacked by a spell which seemed to revolve around the idea of undoing a merging of beings. Ridiculous. Thermopylae was a single being, dropping the Troy Sword. However, as the pain continued, it realized that it was having a much more powerful effect than expected. Yelling with a terrible rage as Thermopylae was blasted back, he noticed she had changed in look, her hair turning darker, almost magenta in hue, while her face was cracking apart. An eye was visible under her blank face, a bestial golden shade with crimson sclera. It seemed to have harmed her a great deal. The woman who attacked her ending up disappearing entirely in light, while the other girl was naked and seemed laughable in her current state. As Thermopylae seemed to be dying, part of his energy was disappearing, as he was stronger when all three were existing and strong. He yelled out to her, in a mix of anger and slight shock. "Fellow familiar of the Witch of Infinite Possibilities, regain your strength!" Knowing the battle tide was changing, and it seemed a chance of defeating even the great witch L E R N A now existed, making it growing desperate. Completely ignoring ADR-11 and ClownWarGreymon, he flew down to the ground, landing gently, as to not damage the fellow familiar more. Calling out in a loud and cruel commanding voice, it projected its words to the beings surrounding the being once known as Thermopylae. "Worthless beings! Step away from the familiar, or face destruction." Knowing the situation was turning bad, it decided it could spare around 20% of his energy, laden with the essences of Despair and power. It also made sure of this, because it seemed L E R N A's grip on her might be beginning to slip, and this would almost ensure in preventing that. Funneling his raw energy into a visible glow surrounding his right hand, it slammed the palm of the hand into the ground, sending up lines of energy ripping through the ground, making their way to the being he knew as Thermopylae. If it connects, it would funnel around 20% of his own energy in a strong and quick pulse into her body, which should be enough to ensure her strength being regained and her faithfulness to the Witch. If a foolish being decided to get in the way, the Despair and hatred mixed in with it would have almost a corrupting effect if it managed to get bare skin contact. It could be deflected, but it was a hefty amount of energy, and would take a meaningful amount of effort to do so. Rage and Despair flowing out and through the lines of energy, it aimed to get her back up and running.

58px-Modern_L.svg.png?2011110314365695px-Modern_E.svg.png?2011110314330565px-Modern_R.svg.png?2011110314393076px-Modern_N.svg.png?2011110314374395px-Modern_A.svg.png?20111103142552

Within the mind, the girl blankly stared at Dorian von Schroeder for a passing moment, and as Sliferok was finishing setting up its attack and her main body was busy combating it with all the strength it could muster, her face twisted into an expression of COMPLETE and UTTER HATRED. And as she was still unfamiliar with the face muscles of a human being, it continued to distort, more and more, up until they began tearing and blood started to flow outwards. It seemed as though there were no end to his senseless ramblings, and she was truly beginning to get tired of his tiring existence.

As the image of her body continued to wrestle with the Quincy Kishin Deity, all of a sudden it seemed as though Sliferok had gained the upper hand. Despite its barriers being slowly broken, it launched a quick counterattack that locked three of her heads, keeping her firmly in place as it prepared to charge up a superpowerful blast mixed in with so many different energies that there was no way for her to counter. And since the entity before was actually a multitude of entities which still retained their own existences somehow, she couldn't quite copy them all at the same time. There was absolutely no way to get out of this situation, and copying the power of another at this point would only mean instant death.

"Perhaps you are correct about the inexperience of 'my' former self." LERNA admitted with a scowl. "However, there is one thing you are absolutely not correct about, and that is that I live on the hope of others. What sort of ridiculous statement is that?" As she spoke, the mind room around them began to collapse, the floor, ceiling, and walls breaking apart. "This is your final reminder; I am LERNA. I live on despair. I feed on despair. And due to your unusual nature, I have stopped recognizing you as a human being."

"SCREECH OMEGA THUNDERFORCE CANNON!! RRRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!"

Once its attack was finished being set up, the Slifer-Dorian-Butler-Ragnarok Entity unleashed something amazingly powerful. With colors of violet purple, gold, light-blue, and crimson red being mixed into the resultant blast, being fired at a near-point blank range, it shook the very realm as it annihilated the body of the Witch of Infinite Possibilities in one brilliant burst of light. Such was the intensity that nearby Troys were drowned in its light and had their senses temporarily cut off without the darkness, accidentally falling back down into the ocean of despair. But more importantly, once this light had faded, the entity known as LERNA was no more. Within the clutches of Sliferok was not a single trace.

They had succeeded. Pouring all of their powers together and unleashing their hope, they had actually managed to overpower the Witch of Infinite Possibilities, one of the most powerful creatures in the entire multiverse. It was an ultimate triumph. Okay, so they might've accidentally obliterated the artifact that the Witch had been balancing on her person the entire time she was battling, but at least it wouldn't fall into the hands of the Counter Corps, right? More importantly, they had actually WON-

...had they?

All of a sudden, just as everyone might've been savoring their victory, a dark presence burst into the Blood Priestess's mind. If it had to be compared to something, it was like swimming around peacefully, only for the jaws of a gigantic shark to emerge and swallow that person. That was what it felt like. For a split second that may or may not have felt like eternity, the existence of the being known as Eria was forcefully read and copied by something made out of only despair as all her unimportant memories were pushed to the side. This presence left even faster than it came, but it was more than enough for the Clown's master(s) to have been notified of this and recognize the truth.

What they had destroyed was an Astral Projection, and in truth, LERNA had remained underwater, biding her time to strike. The Clown had experimented with her sea of despair and converted it into Mad Blood via a previously-unfathomable method, this did not go unnoticed, and this was the key for the Witch's ULTIMATE VICTORY against this OVERLY PERSISTENT ENTITY. Upon absorbing her experiences and power of water, throwing her irrelevant memories about with any consideration, she left, leaving only the faint memory of a little sister.

Launching her herself out from the waters with her true form, as quickly as she mindraped Eria, LERNA took advantage of these new powers - even though she had to forego Dark Sirenix for it - and instantaneously targeted the Mad Blood composing the Kishin's body, in an attempt to reverse the effect and make the composite entity drown with despair from the inside. However, the Slifer-Dorian-Butler-Ragnarok entity reacted just as quickly to her surprise attack, and also drew from Eria's knowledge in order to counteract her. Utilizing her newfound powers, she exerted out her presence and forced all the madness frequencies to be converted into frequencies of pure despair instead, while the Kishin Deity resisted by converting all the pure despair within itself back into madness.

They were locked in their positions for a few seconds, and for a while, it seemed like it would be neverending. A total of six entities were mentally combating and reversing her despair with all their strength, most of which was led by the divine Slifer. However, even when faced with such a godlike being, despair would always triumph. Despair was the core of every single living being, and the destiny of everything was to suffer. There was no hope. The very fact that a god - a symbol of hope - had been summoned by a mere duelist and chained by madness only proved this. They fought back with madness and hope, however, these were all irrelevant. These entities were irrelevant. Within a few minutes, she will have overcome them all.

But that was when the flare rockets erupted.

All of a sudden, without mercy, without hesitation, her beautiful barrier of darkness and despair was flooded by light. LIGHT. Suddenly, what was once a horribly depressing view became a horribly-clear red sky with red waters. It was only for a moment, but a large amount of the Troys reacted violently, and in their shock they tumbled over the panels, cut off fro their darkness. And more importantly, this sent LERNA into an even greater rage. HOW RIDICULOUS! Were there others that still believed they stood a chance against her?!

"DAS ISTمایوسیمایوسیمایوسیسیمایو!!!"

In her anger, she temporarily tore through Sliferok's defenses for but a nanosecond - which was enough. Grabbing hold of all the Mad Blood within it with Eria's power over them, taking it all into her control, she focused all her strength into dragging it down while converting it into despair at the same time. Throwing down the almighty entity downwards into the sea of despair using its own essence, it converted the principle of the power to these same waters and brought the water upwards to engulf it into an orb and help drown it even though it was resisting with a surprisingly competent amount of force.

"'Dorian von Schroeder'. Your Perfect Balance and my Despair are incompatible. Even if I ate your servants, killed your family, and destroyed everything you hold dear, you would probably remain the same. However, there must be a limit even to that. I am going to submerge you in ALL THE DESPAIR A HUMAN CAN EXPERIENCE and see just how long you last." She spoke within their interconnected minds, and then as if to conclude this conversation, she faded away, just as the ceiling collapsing in on itself.

But then on the outside, in what seemed to be a last-ditch effort, it relinquished resisting in favor of sending out a wide array of attacks directly at her, which took her by surprise and successfully vaporized two of her heads. Ultimately, the entity quietened as it was subdued by the sea of despair, at the same time as the light faded away again and the world reverted back to its natural state, but LERNA didn't notice BECAUSE SHE HAD JUST LOST TWO HEADS AND IT HURT DAMMIT.

Screaming harsher and harsher, it was only then that she realized the current status of Thermopylae. Namely, that some strange occurrence had occurred and caused the entity within known as 'Itsu' to split into two different beings, 'Izumi' remaining within the shell while 'Yuki' being split apart, taking her own form, and left in a pitiful state. Both beings were acting extremely unusually, and without a doubt, the Class 2 'Yuki' was beyond her control. Even while her other familiar used his force to increase the despair within what remained of Thermopylae, it brought about nothing as she was catatonic and being approcached by the semi-Class 3 Entity Alexander. Could it be that she possessed a psychic connection with Yuki, allowing the ridiculous human to interfere and prevent her from fulfilling her primary functions?

MY TITANOMACHIA, KILL THE ONE WITH WHITE HAIR HOLDING BACK THERMOPYLAE, she mentally commanded him with a vicious tone. Though even in the event that she lost Thermoyplae, she still had him to unlock the orb for her.

Then, two things happened. First, Yuki extended out her presence and boosted everyone with hope, disgusting the Witch immensely. Second, Alister was flying towards her tail-head in a desperate attempt to take the orb, which didn't seem very important. Like a fly, she swatted the entity away with her tail, in a manner not unlike batting a ball in baseball. Long ago, there was an entity known as Galina Hikari, who loved to play baseball with her sister every now and then. But that was before that entity became a magical girl.

Speaking of which, Lydia was still alive.

Her five remaining front heads now turning in the opposite direction, they locked onto Lydia, who was moving away. Was she attempting to run away or something? HAH! Though the girl was currently outside of her range, it seemed as though the despair was finally getting...to her? No. No no no, she wasn't despairing, she was hoping. Like a typical magical girl. How foolish. How idiotic. Had she not learned her lesson? Had she not learned anything?! That there was only DESPAIR?!

LERNA's true, monstrous body began to move forwards, hovering above the waters. It was slow at first, but gradually she moved faster and faster and faster, the light-shadow beneath her lighting up her massive presence. She took control of the waters around her, and charged onwards, smashing the tiny panels in her way and heading straight for Lydia while letting out inhuman screams. An entity like that deserved nothing less than to have all her hopes crushed.

"MAGICAL . . . GIRL!!!!!!!!!"

While the Witch charged though, being completely fixated on th emagical girl, she was ignoring her surroundings, leaving herself potentially vulnerable to other attacks.

As the battle raged on, with the witch L E R N A having appeared as a girl - which was an astral projection in truth - as well as a powerful entity having vaporized the false L E R N A soon afterwards, a massive explosion of light erupted, having had given light for the briefest of moments. Screaming agony as the harsh light created an immense sense of pain, Titanomachia collapsed to his knees, breathing heavily. As L E R N A proceeded with her attack on Dorian and Sliferok, she commanded him to destroy the being known as Yuki through telepathy. Getting up, the pain quickly vanishing, leaving but a sore feeling behind, which too, quickly faded, it got ready to utterly destroy the girl, who was weak and laid shivering on the ice. This would be child's play.

When she suddenly let out her presence, increasing the hope of everyone around her, Titanomachia screamed in a mix of pain and anger, as the disgusting hope filled the area. This would not do. No, it would not do at all. She must die, and die quickly, he would ensure. As L E R N A proceeded to go to attack some girl, he prepared his own deadly series of attacks. "My master commands, and her wish, she shall receive. This is the end." Leaping into the air at blinding speeds, the sheer force of the push destroyed the ice around him, breaking apart to bob in the waters of Despair. Knowing to be careful, because arrogance brought his… the being couldn't remember, but knew that arrogance had brought the end of something. Thus, instead of dive-bombing the small group, which could lead to counterattacks, he flapped his ink-dark wings with a powerful snap, sending out almost forty razor-sharp feathers quite literally representing Death ripping through the air towards the group. If the attack didn't destroy them altogether, the festering of the concept within each feather certainly would bring their end. Dodging this would be a hellish effort, and to put on some flourishes, it thought of the idea of a world for the dead, and cracks leading into its great abyss. Pointing at the ice that the foolish entities were on, massive cracks ripped across the ice randomly. Although they wouldn't open up to Hades, falling through them would result in them falling into the water, which would be a close enough effect.

"Perish."

Azumi was still in the middle of setting up The Jaws of Hell so that it would eject both herself and Riley before it tried to do the Nova Flare, but then all of a sudden, a magical wave of hope washed over the both of them. This changed Azumi's polarity to a much more excited tune.

"Alrighty, change of plans, change of plans," she murmured softly as she retyped the entire protocol, "Right, that's everything, FORWAAAAAARRRRRD.... MARCH!!"

With that, she drove The Jaws of Hell along its run-up start... before changing gear quite quickly. The boosters stopped momentarily before pumping out more fuel until the next gear change, when they stopped and started again. This time, they whirred for much longer, twice as long as the other couple of times combined. But as Azumi made the final gear change, both the boosters and the flame-throwers ignited at the same time and were now at full-bore.

By this time, The Jaws of Hell had already covered 10 miles, and was still pursuing LERNA when she had charged straight for Lydia. And while all the remaining eyes were focused on the Magical Girl in question, the sole one on her back had only just managed to see The Jaws of Hell "slowly" soar over the top of her. This eye seemed to almost anticipate what was about to happen, but... there was no anticipating Nova Flare.

As The Jaws of Hell finally ticked over to Mach 3, a sonic-boom erupted, and before LERNA could close the eye on her back, her entire body was consumed by inferno. On top of that, the sonic-boom was also starting to push the orb-shaped artifact off of LERNA's tail head, although at this rate, it would likely fall into the sea of despair unless someone were to quickly catch it. And even then there'd be no time for celebration, as Azumi and Riley were about to find out via emergency warning.

"WARNING!! Fuel to all functioning boosters exhausted! Cannot detect suitable land!"

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!" both occupants of The Jaws of Hell screamed at the top of their lungs and gripped each other's bodies as tightly as they could, as the mech barreled through multitudes of tiles during its inevitable descent...

Sora's Heart - Ventus vs. Vanitas

As Yuki extended her hope to the many warriors fighting LERNA, her power was felt within the deepest reaches of Sora's heart. Ventus began to shine with a golden aura, while Vanitas stood in shock.

"What's going on?" Vanitas asked.

"It's hope," Ventus said happily. "The people out there, the people fighting LERNA, they still have the hope of victory."

Vanitas snarled, charging forward with his Keyblades. "SHUT UP!" However, just as he did, a beam of light shot through his chest, knocking his second Keyblade out of his hand.

Ventus leapt into the air, throwing his own Keyblade at Vanitas, the weapon surrounded by electricity as spun towards Vanitas. Ventus landed behind Vanitas, grabbing the Keyblade that fell to the grown while his own Keyblade was hovering behind his back. Holding the red and black Keyblade next to the Two Become One, the two Keyblades were surrounded by a brilliant light…

"You're sure about this?" Roxas asked.

The transparent form of Xion nodded. "Of course. That was always my reason to exist, right? So that one of us would completely absorb the other?"

"Don't talk like that!"

Xion poked her finger against Roxas' chest. "It's okay, Roxas. I'll always be right here. Now go. Namine's waiting for you."

Roxas gave Xion a hug, telling her, "Thank you."

Xion smiled, once again fading, but this time, for real. The girl that Roxas had forgotten all those years ago was now gone for good, but this time, he would remember her. Roxas looked up and nodded, as Xion's power was now on his side.

In Ventus' left hand, a new Keyblade was forged. Resembling a combination of the Two Become One and the Omega Weapon, each side of the end of the Keyblade's tip was lined with four spikes, half of them yellow, and the other half black. In the center was a star, while the body of the weapon was bright blue, with a brown grip. Finally, the Keychain resembled two Nobody stars overlapping each other, showing the perfect merging of Roxas and Xion. This Keyblade would be known as the Destiny Union.

"Even this hope in Sora's heart will not be enough to destroy me," Vanitas warned. "Just give it up, Ventus! You and I were always one person, so what does it matter who's body our hearts our trapped in? We could turn this prison into a palace, live our own life as whole being again!"

"As LERNA's pawn? I don't think so."

Vanitas held out his hand, but was surprised as nothing happened.

"There Unversed won't help you here," Ventus said. "It's like I said, Sora's heart is full of hope. The Unversed would have nothing to feed on in here."

"True. Guess I just have to survive long enough for LERNA to help me out."

Sora

The mysterious girl was no doubt still traumatized, however, Sora couldn't simply leave her behind, especially with LERNA's rampage getting even more fierce. Fortunately, Flygon just so happened to have flown by, since Lucario had gone off with Jecht. Sora pointed his Keyblade at the Troy, but hesitated when it took on the form of Kairi. Flygon couldn't say what Sora did, so Sora simply closed his eyes, allowing Flygon to destroy the Troy with an Earthquake attack.

Just as Flygon flying away, Sora called out to the Pokémon. "Wait a min-!" Before Sora could finish, he felt a sharp pain in his chest. Just as he felt Yuki's power flow through him, there was something else happening to him, something he didn't know. "Roxas… What's going on?" However, as soon as he asked that, he could feel his head growing heavy, and he fell down on the ice platform. Flygon flew towards him and crying out to the young man, but it wouldn't work. Flygon and the young girl watched helplessly as Sora's mind fell into the deepest recesses of his heart.

Sora gasped as he found himself within the Station of Awakening, back in his regular clothes. It's his mind, so there's no way he's going to be wearing that silly maid outfit. Both Ventus and Vanitas were surprised to see Sora, putting a hold to their battle for the moment in order to greet him.

"Roxas?" Sora asked. "What's going on?"

"It's a bit difficult to explain. I'm not Roxas, I'm-"

"Oh, so you're Ventus, right? But then… who's the other guy?"

Vanitas sighed. "You might have heard of the name Vanitas, right?"

Sora was shocked, but took out his Ultima Weapon. "Yeah, Mickey definitely told me about you."

"Excellent," Vanitas said with a smile. "Then in that case, we can dispense with the rest of the formalities and get right to the part where I take you both down."

"Just try us!" Ventus exclaimed.

Sora nodded. "Alright, let's do this, Ventus."

Ventus smiled. "Just call me Ven."

|_)~Moe~ Scientist Frankram(_|

Frankram smiled as the young maiden kissed him on the cheek, but this happy moment was broken by the harbinger of death. Frankram frowned as Titanomachia was trying to instill more despair in the catatonic Thermopylae. He wasn't going to have that, bu LERNA's recent activities caused a change in the creature, provoking him to fly upwards and attack with feathers. And that's just not on is it?

Frankram waved his hands, generating a large barrier that handled the impact of the feathers, which harmlessly flicked off the barrier and they too joined the broken ice in the waters below. "I'm afraid, Harbinger of Death, that you will pay for ruining this cherished moment of reunion!" he cried out.

The barrier faded as the last of the feathers failed to strike, and it was time for Frankram to mount his assault. He slammed his hands together, drawing them apart to reveal a growing sphere of white light. "I summon with my name and skill! I am Frankram Stein. User of supernatural rule and law! The cherished spear that destroys all! The Spear of Longinus!" he declared.

The glowing sphere rose up above him, and formed an enormous glowing spear of light. But that wasnn't enough as he seperated the fingers on one hand, causing the spear to split into five identical spears. "EAT THIS!" he roared as he launched the spears right at Titanomachia.

|_)Magical Girl Lydia & Hellspawn Sarah(_|

They had made some distance, but a roar in the distance stopped their retreat. Their eyes widened and their pupils contracted as they watched LERNA take down the Kishin-entity, just, tackling it and drawing it down into the dark waves. What was worse, was that since her attention was no longer divided, she was coming straight for them. Not even the power of hope could scare away the dread of facing something that just tackled a god into oblivion. Lydia had to think fast. "Sarah, get out of here! Don't argue go! She wants me and only me! I'm not leaving you. We both can't die for no reason. She's focused on me, you can attack while I distract her. Are you f**king nuts? Yes, please go. No time to ARGUE. STALWART STORM!"

The condensed blast of air sent Sarah hurtling off through the air, allowing Lydia to face down LERNA. The sheer scale of the hydra was rather scary yes, but th efact that a giant shark robot was chasing them her was just as scary. She wanted to mouth a WTF, but she shook it away. "STALWART STORM!" she cried again, blasting herself into the opposite direction, and in good time to.

The giant robot as just tried to ignite LERNA, and Lydia's coat was thankfully enough to repel the heat as the burning hydra launched past her, with the robot in hot pursuit. Now she was free to mouth WTF.

[spoiler=Foster's Soul Room]

"... okay," Umbris uttered as he witnessed the current state of Foster's subconscious identity, "so this isn't going to be as simple as rearranging a few pieces of furniture...."

"No one said it was going to be easy...." Umbris was shocked upon hearing the voice coming from Foster's mouth, a taunting tone despite Foster's static expression of utter despair. "I'm not letting go of this one... not until everyone here drowns in despair."

"Like hell that's going to happen!" Umbris shouted angrily at the parasitic entity infesting Foster, only for it to respond with a psychotic laugh.

"You don't get it, do you?!" hissed the parasite through Foster's mouth, this time twisting his expression to match its tone. "You're not going to save this one. He's mine to keep...." The Parasitic Witch's Kiss began to spread over Foster's entire body, transforming it before Umbris' very eyes; sickly tentacles began to erupt from Foster's skin as it took on a greyish, scaly texture. His head also began to take on a reptilian silhouette, the flesh of his cheeks seeming to disintegrate, effectively widening his bite radius. His left arm formed into a single, long tentacle, whist his right forearm took on a metallic appearance. "You won't be leaving this room alive, much less with Foster--!"

"Kuri~!"

"Huh?" Umbris and the parasite were caught off-guard by the sudden appearance of a Winged Kuriboh, which was shining a bright light in the room.

"Wait, when'd you...?" Umbris began to say just as three more figures entered Foster's Soul Room: Wildheart, Farkas, Marzell, and Dark Magician Girl. "And how in the hell did YOU guys get in here?!"

"Same way you did," Marzell replied simply, causing Umbris to face-palm himself.

"And who the f*ck are you people?" Parasite-Foster grumbled in a gargled toned.

"First thing's first," Dark Magician Girl spoke up, before turning to face Umbris. "Neo-Spacian Umbra Panther, absorb the ability of Winged Kuriboh, and become a Magical Fighter!"

"... "Magical Fighter"...?" a confused Umbris repeated under his breath, giving a quick glance back and forth between Dark Magician Girl and the Winged Kuriboh. "... ah, f**k it, there's no time to argue this, is there?" he blurted as he thrust out a hand toward the Winged Kuriboh, which began to shine a brilliant, blinding light.

"UMBRAL TRANSCENDENCE POWER~~!"

Umbris' form, too, began to radiate a bright glow as it began to transform; the cape worn around his neck became a set of pure-white wings, his sleeveless body suit gained a feathered waist coat with three additional "tails" trailing behind, and finally, a golden helmet, stylized with a dragonic vizor, rested upon Umbris' head. After his transformation was complete, Umbris struck a confident, triumphant pose.

"... now I just feel silly," Umbris blurted out in spite of this.

"Guess it's our turn now, huh...?" Wildheart asked Dark Magician Girl.

"Not really," she admitted. "You're welcome to transform at anytime, but time is of the essence." Wildheart nodded in agreement.

"Again, I'll ask," spoke up the increasingly-impatient Parasite: "Who. The F*ck. Are you?"

"Who are we?" replied Umbris as he and the others took up there positions. "We are the Defenders of the Multiverse! The Protectors of Hope and Dreams!"

"Guardian of the Moon, and the Sun which grants her power! Moonsworn--nay, Lightsworn Archer, Farkas!"

"Hero of the Wild Forces, and First Omega Guardian of Hero City! Elemental HERO Wildheart Omega!"

"Gah!-Uhm, damn, didn't expect to be put on the spot like this, ahh... I need no introduction or Title, just call me: Half-Orc Marzell!"

"Student of the Dark Magical Arts, and magical warrior of love and justice! Dark Magician Girl!"

"And I, Master of Abilities and Guardian Traveler of Dimensions among Neo-Spacians! Transcendent Wing Umbra Panther!"

All five now posing in unison, they then declared, "And in the name of the Multiverse... WE WILL PUNISH YOU!"

"... oh, you people are so getting sued," the Parasite uttered upon seeing this horrid parody display of the Magical Something-or-Other Genre.

"You're one to talk," Umbris snapped back, "Mr. "I look like the forbidden love-child of a Lambent Locust and the Flood"!"

"Oh, you did NOT just diss me! Oh, that's it, I AM SO GONNA TEA-BAG YOUR F**KIN' CORPSES!!" Parasite roared out, his jaw dislodging itself just as the barrel of a cannon came out of his open mouth, which promptly fired a massive shell at the "Duel Senshi". Although the group dodged frantically out of danger, the shell erupted as it struck the wall on the opposite side of the room, blasting a hole in the wall and damaging the surrounding furniture.

"Oh... that's not good," Umbris stammered as he witnessed the damage to the Soul Room.

"That's it, time to retaliate!" Marzell growled as he charged energy into his Battle Axe. "Blazing Orc-Blood--!!"

"NO, WAIT A SECOND!!" Wildheart, Farkas and Dark Magician Girl yelped out, grabbing onto Marzell and keeping him from unleashing his attack.

"GAH!! HEy, What the hell?!"

"You have to be careful, Marzell!" Dark Magician Girl pleaded as the Half-Orc struggled to free himself.

"If we damage Foster's Soul Room too much," Farkas added, "he may never recover!"

"Uhh, 'scuse me," Parasite spoke up as he tapped Wildheart on the shoulder, somewhat confused and miffed that the fighting suddenly stopped.

"Yeah, f*ck off," Wildheart nonchalantly said as he backfisted Parasite in the face, knocking him into a nearby armchair.

Alexander

His eyes widened in horror as Titanomachia unleashed his assault, sending a hail of black feathers their way. He had to think fast... but what could he possibly do...?

"DIMENSION WALL!!"

As he cried out, a swirling distortion in the air around them appeared, seemingly causing the feathers to disappear as soon as they approached the distortion. Alexander, of course, knew that this would happen... and yet he also knew that, due to the state of the Multiverse, his Dimension Wall may not have the desired effect.

"Feeling lucky...?" he uttered quietly as he closed his eyes, holding Thermopylae close to him, praying, and hoping, that fate would shine in their favor....

Alister Azimuth

Alister's eyes widened with shock (though not really surprised) as LERNA spotted him, and proceeded to unceremoniously swat him away with her tail, sending him flying off into the darkness...

... which would be the case, if Alister had not remembered his "gift" from Isamy. "TIME, BE STILL!!" he shouted out as the green sigils on his Holo-Armor began to glow; the flow of time slowed to a halt, with he himself suspended in the air. Now, for the real fun to begin.

"TIME REVERSE!" Slowly, the flow of time began to rewind, dragging Alister back toward LERNA, and the point where he had been struck by her tail. As he got close enough, Alister halted his own momentum, thus able to see a grey "after image" of himself "moving closer" to LERNA's tail, until it reached the original point of impact. "Pause!" By now, Alister was starting to feel a bit drained, but after a few more repositionings, he was now standing on the hydra-like neck of the tail-head. Satisfied, he then uttered, calmly, "Time... resume."

As time was un-paused suddenly, Alister had to re-balance himself as LERNA began to make her (literally) mad charge toward Lydia. Holding on for dear life, Alister slowly made his way toward the artifact, still balanced on LERNA's tail-head. Had he the energy to do so, he would have performed another Time Halt, but as it were....

Foster's Soul Room:

"WILD SEISMIC QUAKING!!!" The Elemental HERO declared while unleashing a powerful line of jagged spikes erupting towards the monster.

"LIGHTSWORN MANDALA CANNON!!!" The former druid-turned archer exclaimed as he fired off an arrow of light that expanded into a much bigger blast.

"BLAZING ORC-BLOOD BLAST ZONE!!!" Marzell roared out to his opponent, glowing crimson lines etching themselves into the ground and his opponent before sending a series of explosions along their length.

"DARK LOVE AND MAGIC SHOCK!!!" Dark Magician Girl proclaimed, sending a purple heart of energy that ensnared what used to be Foster with magical chains, binding him to the chair before shocking the chair with electricity.

Finally, to finish things off, a golden scepter with angelic wings and a purple crystal at one end materialized in Umbris' paw, prompting him to spin it around. "TRANSCENDENT WING UMBRAL POWER EMBRACE!!!"

A violet beam fired from the scepter's gem, engulfing the Soul Room in a bright light...

LERNA's Barrier:

Foster awoke to a start in the darkness of the Barrier, shivering a bit from the cold as he looked over to Russell. "What...What happened? Did I doze off? I don't really remember much after entering this place other than some crazy dream..."

Yuki watched and hoped as the Dimensional Wall held against the onslaught of feathers, but there was very little she could do in her current state. She was tired, as if waking from a long sleep, and barely felt any energy inside of her. While she watched her new comrades work to protect her from this eerie monster, all she could do was attempt to repair the ice holding their platform steady. However, she sensed a nearby presence, one familiar to her, one of the Spirit World...no, two...no...several...She tried her best to reach out to them for help, for some way to fight this Familiar.

Matthew Supplex

Matthew watched the outcome of the fight and wasn't surprised when LERNA had won, he also wasn't surprised that LERNA had taken off right after her victory to concern herself with another enemy. Giving chase to her would be simple, since both his Float and Hastega spells were still quite active, he would simply run ontop of the waters of despair without actually touching the water. As he approached LERNA, he had noticed a member of The Divine on her back head trying to take the orb that she was in possession of. Matthew also saw the Jaws of Hell robot about to hit LErNA with an attack all its own; this is the moment Matthew would strike. Not only would LErNA's attention be on that girl she was after, but another attack was just about to collide with her form.

Matthew first fired two shots into the air the seemed to do nothing at first glance. He then fired two more shots, both composed of bright white energy that would hopefully take its own toll on LErNA. Matthew then shot himself, this was a Teleport spell that would put Matthew at eye level with LErNA's main head, he needed a direct hit for this last one. He fired his last shell at LErNA's main head just as meteors began raining down and the two balls of white energy collided with her form; as well as the Jaws of Hell attack.

[spoiler=Effects]

~Matthew cast Meteor at LErNA

~Matthew cast Meteor at LErNA

~Matthew cast Holy at LErNA

~Matthew cast Holy at LErNA

~Matthew cast Teleport on himself to become eye-level with LErNA's main head

~Matthew cast X-Zone at LErNA

Eria

The Blood Priestess continued her endeavor to pollute the sea of despair, watching as her master unleashed his full force against the Witch of Infinite Possibilities. As the attack seemed successful in utterly destroying LERNA, Eria began to return to her master. However, she would soon learn that was a grave mistake.

Although what was left of the former Water Charmer's personality had been consumed by the Mad Blood, the Blood Priestess did feel a fierce pain echo through her mind as LERNA began to analyze her existence. The Witch had strived to make Eria given in to despair, but she would have none of that, and though she was loathe to admit it, there was a feeling of hope within her that allowed her to endure LERNA's copy ability. Regardless, Eria had already accepted madness as the greatest ideal in existence, and LERNA's despair only delayed Eria from fulfilling the work that her master required of her, while this newfound feeling of hope would allow at least endure the Witch's demise..

Unfortunately, Sliferok was currently being subdued by the sea of despair, and that was something Eria simply could not allow. While LERNA flew off towards some girl from the Counter Corps, Eria turned her focus towards saving her master. She began to convert the sea of despair drowning Sliferok into Mad Blood, hoping to make it less effective against Sliferok, but she could not convert all of it, and as she began to convert more and more of the sea of despair, her control began to create a connection between her and LERNA. Suddenly, Eria began to question if she would be able to save Sliferok from LERNA's struggle, but she laughed at such an idea. "No, I can save him. LERNA shall have no power over me. I only serve the great lord Sliferok!"

ADR-11

Arthur was impressed as ClownWarGreymon was able to deal some damage to Titanomachia, but ADR-11 simply considered this as proof that ClownWarGreymon was worthy of living for just a little longer. However, Titanomachia decided to flee in order to aid his ally. "You're not getting away!" Arthur cried out, but before he could go forward, ADR-11 stopped him, exerting its control over its host.

"Halt. Analyzing… Analyzing…" The Agent was observing Titanomachia attacking the people with Thermopylae, determining what course of action to take. "Enemy Titanomachia's energy levels have increased. The percentage of increase is proportional to the amount of people present compared to when the Familiar was fighting this unit and the Digimon now known as ClownWarGreymon. Hypothesis: Titanomachia's strength increases based on the number of people designated as an enemy. Conversely, a lesser amount of opponents should decrease the Familiar's strength. However, battle between this unit and the subject has proven to be unsuccessful. Considering alternate methods…"

As ADR-11 got closer to Titanomachia, it felt a great emotion flowing through Arthur's heart, causing the Agent to hold its head in pain, but when it recovered, it notice Yuki. "Emotions detected. There is a female supplying the concept of 'hope' to the entities opposing LERNA and her followers. Emotion shall be considered useful to this unit for the purpose of maintaing cover under this host. Plotting course of action."

ADR-11 descended upon the area, talking on Arthur's voice to address the people there. "There can't be too many of us here," he warned. The more people he fights, the stronger he gets. We need to split up. Some of us have to go after LERNA, while the rest of us stay here and fight this guy." He pointed out his Keyblade to Titanomachia. "I have got my own reasons for fighting him. Anyone else want to help?"

LERNA's Barrier

CWG was a tad amused that his attack was pretty much successful. He was ready and willing to go all and do combat with the opponent. But it seemed that his vector manipulating avatar of Death was not willing to return the favor. After his opponent took notice of the second familiar being destroyed CWG was ignored. CWG tilted his held as he definitely felt some kind of way about this turn of events. What was hilarious though was the thought of having to actually fight someone like this? Surely this creature was strong but why run away. Especially for the sake of others. This concept was foreign to Clown/Digimon. So CWG waited as he watched other beings start to combat what should have been his opponent. So now the only question was what to do. Unfortunately his thought process took a sharp subject change as he started to notice what happened to his master....

LERNA's Mind/ Barrier/Sea of Despair: Death of Silferok

Dorian was actually smiled as LERNA was giving her final monologue about her not feeding on the hopes but the despair of others. Getting such a powerful thing agitated meant that something must have been working. Little did he know it wasn't. He looked around and watched as this mental projection, which he would soon figure out was his mental projection of what LERNA would probably look like, twist and turn into some weird amalgamation of attacks. Initially he thought this was what happened when she was supposedly obliterated out of existence. When Sliferok's massive blast landed on the mark all of the entities inside of the creature cheered in their success the battle was finally over. And while the goal of this entire mission may have been destroyed with that attack maybe destroying this thing made up for it....Or so they thought.

They couldn't even celebrate for a full second till all of the entities detected a foreign presence inside Eria. And that was when everything went south. Who would have thought the second would be the instrument of their defeat. They knew Eria had figured out how to convert the Despair into Mad Blood. Of course that means they knew how to do it and what was worse LERNA did meaning of course she could reverse the process. It was then that LERNA made her true self known. Sliferok tried to go the counterattack but it was fruitless. She had bypassed their defenses and then continued turn the infinite pool of Mad Blood that rest inside Ragnarok. Naturally they tried to defend but all of the entities winced in pain as the creature was slammed down into the ocean of despair by the true LERNA. Dorian's face was a mix of bitter defeat, shock, anger, and a slight smirk of begrudging persistence as LERNA was explaining what it meant to be dunked into the pull of despair. This mental projection of his shattered like his world was about to shatter. What a bitter feeling it is to be defeated in such a gruesome manner. 

There they were sinking in a pool of despair, the all purpose superweapon that Dorian had created. Defeated thanks to the work of their own servant. The beast could only sink deeper into the see of despair. Dorian's floating corpse started to glow gold and runes were starting to form over the body. Then a full flow of reshi flooded through the body. Within seconds the floating corpse of Dorian opened its eyes and regained normal function. Well somewhat normal function. Well that's it isn't? Yep, now thanks to the conversion wars we don't stand a chance. Dorian was looking around at the infinite tunnel of red, black, and gold. This was as far as they went. He looked as Slifer was faintly roaring and then he realized it was best to undo what had been done. Dorian grabbed Millenium rod and as the bright light started to shine the Egyptian God simply went back into his card form. Sliferok was no more, but Butlerok became a thing again. The thought of all mankind's despair didn't even phase Dorian. Mainly because Perfect Balance is blanket protection from corruption. Butler and Ragnarok became a Kishin, they are nothing but madness. From an emotional standpoint all negative emotions for him will lead them right back to insanity. The problem was a much more simple one. While Butlerok was not effected by despair they didn't have the energy to move the body. They were simply sinking to the bottom of the bottomless sea like a stone.

You know when we did the mind sharing thing I still didn't realize what I was dealing with. There is no reasoning with a solid thought, I can't imbue logic to an emotion. Maybe that was my first mistake.  She saw all of my past and told it back to me and it didn't occur to me that I would ever die in a manner like this. But I wonder who does? I mean by the looks of it we somehow managed to take out two of her actual heads, but it doesn't look like we'll be around to celebrate at the after party.

Everyone else inside the body of Butlerok remained silent. This was quite a melancholy moment. The group had been through sooo much together. Though quite honestly this was the most eventful adventure they had to deal with by far. Dorian didn't want to actually to feel despair in this defeat but it was pretty much hard not to. The only thing left was to hope that the rest of the united faction could actually deal with LERNA. But why put any faith in them? No one was really dealing with the creature other than himself. As he was about to close his eyes the entire group felt the faint presence of Mad Blood outside of their own body. Dorian was wiping the beginnings of tears from his eyes when he realized that it was his second clown the blood priestess was trying to actually save them. Of course they were far too deep for her to have any effect but through her he saw what LERNA was actually afraid of...true hope. In all honesty this hope and faith was uniquely Eria's this wasn't the loyalty of the clown to a Kishin. Like BlackWarGreymon a portion of her self survived the clowning process. Everyone smiled and Dorian let out a slight breathe and small giggle. 

His thought resonated with the rest of the group and everyone was in agreement. If this is going to be our swan song...then the least we can do is make sure we take this witch down with us. I know if its the last thing I do I'm eating her soul, doesn't matter if I made a Kishin already. I may have failed as a bodyguard, but I will make sure she suffers for my failure. HAHAHAHAHA let's bring on the hurt!

Bulterok used what little strength he had left and pointed upward to Eria. Bloody Bullet. Like nothing a small bullet of Mad Blood shot out of him and made its way directly towards Eria. 

"No, I can save him. LERNA shall have no power over me. I only serve the great lord Sliferok!" As the Blood Priestess shouted her example of faith it wasn't a full second later that she was seemingly shot right in the head with the bullet of Mad Blood. While it may have hurt for a second it was not an act of malice it was an act of..faith. As she quite instantly recovered from this event she would notice that there was a floating Dorian standing in front of her waving. Hi. His mental image simply spoke. So I'm pretty sure you'll know what to do once you wake up. But first we have to get you back to your normal self. Dorian put his hand through her chest and when he yanked it out all of the Mad Blood...nay everything that came from Sliferok left her body. The sheer trauma of this would be enough to push knock her unconscious for a second. But by the time she woke up she would notice that some left some goodies for her, under her body. That and she would realize that she isn't a clown anymore. 

With that done Dorian decided to close his eyes as he wasn't giving into despair. He just put his hopes in something.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CWG saw these events happen and the BWG inside of him took over and proceeded to override the programming of CWG for a second. The need to feel emotion was way too strong to simply be dismissed. When everything was said and done he flew over to Eria and realized what it was that Sliferok had given her. It was a that moment CWG decided to at the very least make sure this girl would be safe.

As Eria desperately attempted to free her master from his prison, she suddenly found herself shot in the head by a bullet comprising of Mad Blood. Her pain lasted only for the briefest of moments, after which the Blood Priestess saw Dorian, telling her that she would know what to do, but she would need to be turned back to normal.

"No!" Eria cried out. "Please, milord, do not make me become that weak girl again." However, Dorian would have none of Eria's pleas, instead grabbing at the Kishin symbol on her chest, drawing out the Mad Blood from Eria's body. The very essence of what she was was slowly being taken from her being, and it was horrifying for her to handle. The frozen Mad Blood platform shattered beneath Eria's feet, sending her plummeting downward, the mark of the Kishin dissolving into nothing, and the thrill of madness disappearing from her smile. Her brief time as the Blood Priestess of Sliferok had come to an end, and it was only by sheer luck that the Water Charmer landed upon a panel as safely as she could.

Eria awoke with a start as the battles in LERNA's Barrier raged on. She found ClownWarGreymon standing above her, but all she could do was hold her head in pain. "What… happened?" She rose her feet, but as she was standing, she spread out the dress. "What's with this outfit?" Eria held her head once again, sighing when she realized that she once again had bunny ears, only for her to suddenly feel overwhelmed by visions of her time as the Blood Priestess, how she enjoyed controlling madness, and how Erebos told her to fight for Sliferok. "That's not me," Eria told herself. "I hate the darkness. I just wish it would all go away."

Looking down, Eria could see three cards lying on the ground, accompanied by a golden rod that emblazoned with an eye at its center. She knelt down to pick up the staff, but as she did, she got a close look of the images printed on the three cards. Slifer, Obelisk, and Ra were all depicted these cards, and she carefully picked them all up. "So… this is how Dorian could summon the Gods." She turned toward ClownWarGreymon, who seemed to be watching her carefully. "Why are you watching over me? I'm not a Clown anymore. I'm just that same girl from the Counter Corps, looking for her friend." She recalled Butler's words, how he suggested that Gagagigo was most likely dead. Eria shook her head, refusing to believe him. There was no way he could be right. "I don't care what Butler said, I'm going to get my friend back. And if he really is dead, the Door of Origin can bring him back."

Eria's heart began to slow down before making a loud thump. Various voices were growling in her head, but one of them began to speak coherently. "Is that all that you truly desire, Charmer of the seas?"

"L-Lord Slifer?!" Eria said aloud.

"Indeed, human. You are… an interesting individual. To think that a spirit from a realm not unlike My own would make it here."

"Spirit?" Eria asked. "No, that can't be right. I'm a human."

"Are you presuming that one of your Gods could be mistaken?"

"Not at all! Forgive me, great one!"

"It is done. Indeed, I suppose I could understand your confusion. We shall have to explain later."

"'We?' You mean, you and-"

"My brothers and I, yes. The Millennium Rod you carry in your hands, and your unique status of being, have granted you communion with Us. Even before that arrogant dastard, Dorian, presumed to manipulate Us to fulfill his own needs, you have displayed a welcome devotion to Us. For that, We will happily lend you Our power."

Eria smiled, overjoyed by this news. "Thank you, milord! It is truly the greatest honor!"

"Such a formal little girl. Regardless, simply call Our names, and We shall eliminate this 'LERNA'. However, you must hold the Millennium Rod close. Although you are one of the few people within this Barrier close in origin to Me, calling upon Our power still poses a great risk to you."

Eria looked closely at the Millennium Rod, but nodded. "I understand. Thank you, all of you." She pointed the Millennium Item forward and held the three God Cards above her, while the roof of the cavern began began to echo with the roars of thunder. "Great kings of the world, I call upon thy names. Please, bestow up on me, a simple mortal, the power to deliver justice upon this terrible beast, and be not bound by the chains of those would seek to wreak havoc upon the lands!" Lightning striked around the area, but Eria paid it no mind, for she had to be prepared for what she was doing. Although her arm was trembling as she held the God cards in her hand, she found the courage to call out the names of the Gods of legend. "Lord of the Skies, Slifer!"

Eria threw the red card depicting Slifer before her, lightning striking the card right where it was, and from it, the crimson serpent appeared once more, its endless length surrounding Eria and ClownWarGreymon. The Sky Dragon roared, his cry echoing throughout the whole of the Barrier. "Well done, Eria!" Slifer called out. But even I may not be enough. Call upon the name of My brothers!"

Eria nodded and held up the blue card, which flew into the air before crackling with thunder. "Now, the great King of Soldiers, Obelisk!" Beside Slifer stood a winged, blue giant, his sheering presence exerting enough power to keep the waters of despair away from him.

Obelisk turned to face Slifer, scoffing as he looked down on Eria. "This girl is to be the one who will require Our power?"

"Do not be so hasty, Obelisk," Slifer told him. "I believe this girl is to be worthy."

Obelisk laughed. "Then we shall see if she is ready for the task."

"I know I am!" Eria shouted. "I know that, no matter what happens, we will find a while to destroy LERNA. We can stop her, and my friends can still live to fight another day. All I ask is that you help us win this fight."

"Then say it," Obelisk demanded. Say the name of the third God, and prove that you can handle Our whole power.

Eria looked at the final card, taking a deep breath as she began to call for the final God. She cried out, "Almighty protector of light, I beg of thee, please lend me Your might. Protect my people from death and shame, and heed my cry as I call thy name, Winged Dragon of Ra!"

The card burned within Eria's grasp, but it did hurt Eria. The flames spun around the area, illuminating the darkness and surrounding Slifer and Obelisk. The fire coalesced above the two Gods, and from it, a golden dragon appeared, scattering the flames with its wings as it led out its own roar.

Eria fell to her knees, holding her hand to her mouth as she coughed violently. Looking in her hand, she saw that it was covered in blood. Just seeing the blood made her have flashbacks once again, but Slifer called out to her.

"Well done, Eria. The Egyptian Gods have once again been united. Regain your strength, for now, We fight!" Slifer took off towards LERNA, sending out smaller bursts of energy from his twin mouths at the Witch of Infinite Possibilities' left heads, but he steered towards towards LERNA's right, coiling back as his body was just above LERNA's, lunging his head forward to bite down on LERNA's final right head.

Obelisk was unimpressed, instead turning towards Titanomachia. "The Witch is no doubt strong, but I see that she has a powerful servant. The rest of you can feel free to deal with the Witch on your own.

Eria looked up at the Winged Dragon of Ra, who mostly stood silent. "And you, great one? What will you do?"

"I shall aid Slifer," Ra said. "I trust Obelisk shall be able to deal with the Witch's Familiar, but you have asked us to destroy the Witch, and she is the greatest threat within this world. As such… Ra roared once again, his body burning with the flames from which he appeared. They consumed his body, reactivating his Phoenix Mode. The Egyptian God raged onward, charging at LERNA, and though the Witch was already on fire, the Witch needed to be destroyed no matter what.

Eria held the Millennium Rod close to her heart, believing in the power of the Gods. She said to ClownWarGreymon, "We need to fight as ourselves. Not as puppets of people like Dorian or Butler." She held out her hand, hoping that the Digimon would take it. "When our minds were linked, I could see visions for your past. You're the same as MirageGaogamon, right? One of those… Digimon, right? Please, you have to help us. There must be a part of you that wants to at least to be his friend."

Lyon

He'd missed, all his careful preparation and his attack against LERNA had missed. What's more, from the displacement of the dark liquid from LERNA leaving and the huge beast on the side of the Divine being forced into the liquid had knocked him around, his water barrier was starting to mingle and combine with the dark liquid around him, slowly decreasing in size. Just to add in to the chain of unfortunate events, his ring shattered even as the black lightning that had found it's way into the edge of his water as he started his attack run suddenly seemed to activate, increasing in size as the conductivity of the water channelled it right into him, burning and electrocuting him even as he lost his grip on his sword, the dark corruption seeking to turn him before the waters of despair could reach him.

Ayame

On the surface, the half-demon was still watching the events, from LERNA charging out of the water to take down Sliferok and knock him into the water, before he seemed to dissolve, leaving just one of the Divine behind inside the water along with one of the water mages from the Counter Corps. From her position, she could still feel the traces of her lightning that she'd left hanging around Lyon's water, and brought it into action, channelling her power into increasing it and sending it plummeting straight into the mage in an attempt to convert him before the waters of despair could.Beneath the waves, it was rising back up to the surface, ready to join the fight for it's new master. As it emerged, it seemed to slide right up out of the waters of despair and stand on top, revealing the damages and changes that had been wrought upon it.

It retained Lyon's muscles, but all of it's skin had turned black and leathery from the damages caused by the lightning, and likewise the clothes that had been around it's body had been burnt away by the heat. It's eyes had also changed, from the dark blue they once were to a deep red, but the biggest changes had happened to it's mind. Everything that had once made up the being that was Lyon von Mira was gone, shattered and destroyed by the lightning. In its place, a single command remained, "Kill LERNA", engraved so strongly into its mind that it left room for nothing else, neither thoughts or emotions. With a savage cry the new voidling ran forward, darting across the waves as if they were a solid surface. As it got closer, part of the ocean rose up and formed several spears of black ice, each about the size of a truck and each pointed towards LERNA as it ran forward.

Ayame simply smiled as her new creature charged forward, manipulating the waters beneath them seemingly on instinct, it's former self's well trained magical control having survived mostly intact through the transformation. With it's inability to feel any emotions, it lacked any positive emotions for the despair to latch onto and turn to despair, depriving it of any possible footholds to control the voidling. As it ran, with a quick beat of her wings, Ayame followed along with it, keeping watch on the newest creature of the void as it attempted to fulfil it's command.

LERNA's Barrier

It took a while for CWG to process what was happening. It seemed that the young water priestess was starting to talk to herself. It was interesting to say the least. She had made some statement about her not being a clown anymore, but that quickly didn't seem to matter. the morphed digimon stood by an watched as she would proceed to summon three of the most powerful beast that he has ever seen. Though it was clear when all three were summoned his duties were fulfilled. Now he had to figure out what to do. How should even proceed from this point. Everything about him was saying to stay away from the bottomless sea of despair that had engulfed his master. What else was there to do? It was then that during his massive thought process he heard the voice of the water priestess actually talking to him.

She mentioned that they should fight as individuals and not as puppets. She mentioned something  about wanting to be friends with some other digimon...wait there was another digimon somewhere? As ClownWarGreymon a lot of BWG's memories somewhat disappeared or better yet have taken a back seat to the bloodlust of fighting strong opponents. This revelation was quite interesting though. It seemed as if he would have to wait to find a better opponent because while the girls words fell on deaf ears she did give him purpose. Though not to be rude he did look at and give her some response. Did you not go to Dorian seeking greater power? Did he not give it too you? Isn't the only reason you are able to call forth these three is because he gave you the tools necessary to do so? If that is the case how are you no different from a puppet now than when you were the blood priestess?

Just as Azumi and Riley believed that their story was over, the Jaws of Hell's sudden halt jolted them out of that belief.

"Guys, hang on!!" Ratchet yelled out, having had Giant Clank catch them just meters over the Sea of Despair.

"I hope you two had your seat belts on," Clank added with a slight chuckle, in spite of the tragedy that was narrowly averted.

Jeanne (w/ Jecht and Lucario)

"Looks like the End Game's comin'," Jecht said as he looked toward LERNA as she was surrounded by the three Egyptian Gods.  "And we still haven't gotten the, uhh... what does that one world with the Mages' School call it? ... ah, yeah, the "Golden Snitch"!"

"Could you for one minute NOT refer to everything like it's a damned SPORT?!" Jeanne roared in Jecht's face.

"Hey, if you don't like it, you don't have to stay and listen."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Could you two flirt later?" Lucario interjected.  "We still have work to do."

"Pfft!  "Firting", he says," Jecht scoffed at Lucario's comment.  "Like the two of us would bother with that."

"Caught you staring, didn't I?" Jeanne replied nonchalantly.

"Wha--?!" Jecht was caught off-guard by this, but almost quickly regained his composure.  "Heh, yeah, as if I was the only one.  You couldn't keep your eyes off of my, either."

"That's entirely different!" Jeanne snapped.  "If I had my eyes on you, it was only to make sure you didn't get the bright idea to attack me while I wasn't looking--!"

"What?!  You think I'd be that low to do somethin' like that?"

"Well, one can't be too careful, after all.  We're still on opposite sides, regardless of our common enemy at the moment."

"Still doesn't change the fact that you apparently find me so appealing."

"Oh, stop deluding yourself--!"

Lucario stood by for a few more seconds, watching Jeanne and Jecht's little "love-affair" play out before decide to leave them be (before they potentially start a make-out session, no less).

Alexander Abernathy

Still confused as to whether his Dimension Wall was working properly or not, since Titanomachia's Feather attack had still yet to reappear to be redirected (for all Alex knew, the attack could have more or less been negated completely), Alexander nonetheless continued to try and keep calm as he continued to comfort Thermopylae.  "Itsu, I know you must have been scared... you're probably still scared... but... you still have people who care about you, who would miss you...."

Meanwhile, as "Arthur" made his declaration about keeping their numbers small so as to not give Titanomachia too much strength, Sayer finally decides to make his appearance.  "I suppose I can finally throw in a helping hand in this fight," he replied as he drifted down onto one of the floating ice platforms.  "After all, I've done quite enough observing as it is.  Just... be sure not to get in my way too much, Arthur.  I, too, have my own reasons for giving this former "Joker" a piece of my mind...."

Upon seeing Sayer finally make his appearance before him, a cold chill ran down Alexander's spine.  "Sayer...?!"

"Oh, well, hello to you too, Alexander," Sayer replied in a falsely sincere tone.  "It's so good to finally see you again.  Now, I'd to chat with you, but I fear that I'm going to be a bit too busy to do so, what with me about to give this Minion here a good thrashing...."

Meanwhile, on the Duelhog

"What...What happened?" Foster muttered as he finally awoke from his sleep. "Did I doze off? I don't really remember much after entering this place other than some crazy dream..."

"Oh, hey, you're back," Russell replied just as Umbris and Marzell reappeared on the Dueling Platform.  "So, you guys were able to help Foster out, huh?"

"Yeah, about that," Marzell grumbled, looking somewhat embarrassed.  "... I don't wanna talk about what I saw in there."  This left Russell confused.

"Same here," Umbris added in agreement.  "Freakin' Dark Magician Girl... anyways, let's get back to Alex.  I'm sure he and the others probably need our help."  With that, Umbris willed the floating platforms to make a path toward the ice platform below for the Duelhog to drive along.  As they drew close, the Duelhog pulled up next to a pale-skinned, white-haired girl in an intricate oriental-styled attire.

"Wait, Russ, stop here," Umbris said, just as the Winged Kuriboh from earlier flew over to this young woman.

"This girl...," Dark Magician Girl uttered as her eyes fell on this girl.  "... she feels, familiar.  Like Miss Itsu, but...."

LERNA's Barrier

After Alex froze his legs, Ed just sighed. He shattered the ice without absolutely no effort. "Really? Ice? I could freeze a volcano in my sleep." As soon as the boasts left his mouth, LERNA began doing whatever she does. After her little outburst of dimensional proportions, the Familiar Titanomachia began to assault the group, beginning with destroying the ice platform. He unleashed a storm of black feathers. Some blocked the feathers with barriers, Ed slashed at the air creating an air wave that redirected the feathers away from him. Arthur descended on the group, asking for assistance for taking down Titanomachia. "Since I'm not allowed to kill Thermopylae, I might as well help. I need to kill something that can actually die." Ed began hopping ice platforms so he was actually next to the group instead of just in the general vicinity.

Archived