Grimm Nights [OOC | PG-16 | S | NA]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I would say that they can have a separate form when they get into battle (like my character turning into a Beast), but again it is up to the player. I I would hope that they would retain some humanoid distinguishable features but share some Jaeger features as well (i.e. my character will have small horns that are amidst in his hair.

Gotcha. Good. I got ideas now.

They wouldn't (unless they decide to reveal this), which would be good for a Jaeger wanting to hide in plain sight.

Perfect, i now have the backstory for my character entirely planned out!

Also, are Jaeger executions a thing in Farway (Since it's the Jaeger hating country)?

Perfect, i now have the backstory for my character entirely planned out!

Also, are Jaeger executions a thing in Farway (Since it's the Jaeger hating country)?

Ah, another good question!

I hadn't given that idea much thought, since Farway once was a kinder place...but due to its current ruler...by all means...it's a thing now! >=D

So wait, do we have to post our characters here once it's done such as if my jaeger character guy/girl is finally all done, do we have to post it here to get confirmation to join?

Also, I feel like going as a jaeger but I don't have the mythological creature thought out yet. However, I do know my character will be a boy, tanned skin, and a mix between ice blue and red hair.

So wait, do we have to post our characters here once it's done such as if my jaeger character guy/girl is finally all done, do we have to post it here to get confirmation to join?

Also, I feel like going as a jaeger but I don't have the mythological creature thought out yet. However, I do know my character will be a boy, tanned skin, and a mix between ice blue and red hair.

Yep, you post it here and I get to figure out if its good enough to join. No worries, I'll give out critiques (to the best of my ability).

Ah, another good question!

I hadn't given that idea much thought, since Farway once was a kinder place...but due to its current ruler...by all means...it's a thing now! >=D

Ironic. Considering our Farway run away Jack could survive the Guillotine.

Appearence picture [spoiler=yeah]Anime_Guys_Hot_Gothic.jpg

I'd very much like to join in on this! I remember you saying something about half-Jaegers, and I like that idea. I Think I'll join with a character based off of Lavender by the story of the same name (found here if you want more info). I'll get to my app soon enough (though I should really finish up grading my contest first <*^_^)

[spoiler=Andula L. Gardner, the Lost Little Girl]

"I like lost things. Lost things like you, or like me."

Personal Information

Name: Andula L. Gardner

Race: Half-Jaeger, Spectre subclass

Based On: Lavander (see above link)

[spoiler=Appearance]

Andula is a petite girl, standing at only 4'4" with only 74 lbs. to speak of. She is quite pale, almost as white as a sheet, and her hair, which flows down to the backs of her knees, is a shade of purple not unlike lavender. In this hair, their are flowers of all colors, all colors except for purple. Her typical garb is a tattered off-white skirt monogrammed with her initials (A.L.G.), A gray blouse that flows in the wind (partially because it is slightly too big for her), and a large straw sunhat with a purple ribbon tied around it, tied into a small bow at the back.

[spoiler=Personality]

Andula is a curious girl, as well as an adventurous one. She reads about whatever she can whenever she can, and spends most of her days outside exploring the world. Though she's not exactly a walking encyclopedia, she is very knowledgeable and not afraid to show it. She also has an affinity for lost things. She is very affectionate, but at times she can be a bit... creepy. If you can look past that, though, Andula is a great friend and willing to cheer you up no matter what.

[spoiler=Biography]

Andula has been lost ever since she can remember. 

Born the daughter of poor Jeager and human farmers, she has struggled to keep a smile on her face. Her parents struggled to put her through school, which she loved very much despite being teasing by the other children, and spent more time in the fields of Willhelm than with Andula. Whenever she wasn't in school, Andula worked in the fields with her parents, though nothing to straining on account of her small frame. She sewed seeds, did some watering, things that didn't make much sense to her. But none of that mattered in the end. 

When the Lobos were freed from their imprisonment, everything went down in flames. Andula's home was destroyed, and her parents disappeared. It was because of this that she discovered her powers, and swore to use these powers to find her parents and take down the monsters that had taken them from her.

Combat Information

Epithet: Lost Little Girl

Fighting Style: Less like fighting, more like a child taunting you until you wear yourself out. When she can't do that, She runs and hides, and when that isn't possible, she's pretty much dead because you  know, she's 11. She does, however, make an excellent scout on account of her abilities. 

Weapons: None at the moment. Once again, she's 11. Why would you give a weapon to an 11 year old!?

[spoiler=Abilities]

Limited Intangibility

Has the ability to become untouchable for short periods of time (limit: 30 mins). Can be spread to other people/ objects through touch, though that makes it last a shorter period of time. Still affected by metaphysical attacks.

Limited Invisibility

Has the ability to become invisible for short periods of time (limit: 30 mins). Can be spread to other people/ objects through touch, though that makes it last a shorter period of time.

Misplaced Object Location

Has the ability to find lost things. Tends to work better on clothing and small things. 

Temperate Immunity

Unaffected internally by changes in temperature. Can still be burnt or frozen, but won't feel it.

Emergency Plane Shift

When in extreme peril, will phase out of this plane of existence to escape. Has no access to outside help in this alternative plane, and will phase back into this one once she has calmed. Cannot phase out while using any other abilities.

Other Information

Battle Theme|Regular Theme

Trivia

• Her first name comes from Lavandula, the root for lavender
  • The L. does not stand for lavender, but rather lilac. 
  • Doesn't remember anything leading up to or immediately following shifting in/out of this plane. 
  • Once dreamed of being a freelance teacher
  • Favorite subject in school was language arts.

[spoiler=The Star-crossed Lover]

"Promise that you'll love me, even from the afterlife"

Personal Information

Name:Gwyll Cariad

Race: Jaeger

Based on: Leanan Sidhe

[spoiler=Appearance]5cbbd385731d7c669f38486a96f479f9.jpg

Gwyll stands at 1.8 metres and weighs about 68kg. The clothes are as depicted above, and her little mantle can also turn into a hood. She looks the same as the picture, except she has pink/purple eyes, and ash blonde hair

[spoiler=Personality]

Gwyll is a hopeless romantic, she believes in love at first sight and wants a happily ever after to her life.

She wants to find her "prince charming" and nothing can stop her... well, except her powers. She's funny and nice and always tries to keep a smile through the hardest of times. She though, is afraid of humans, and when going around in highly inhabited areas, she always keeps her hood up, to hide her face. She wants to keep peace in the world and prefers not to battle unless necessary. She would do anything to protect her loved ones. She gets easily attached to people, and could call someone a friend at their first sign of friendliness. But she's also used to losing people and doesn't make a big deal about it, losing most of her boyfriends thanks to her powers. She's very persuasive and can easily trick people in doing what she wants, often using methods such as crocodile tears.

[spoiler=Biography]

Gwyll lived in a small village in Farway, it was distant from the big towns and rumors rarely spread out of the village. In the village Gwyll didn't have many friends, but she had a few close ones. She in her life had many boyfriends, all dying soon to unknown reasons. She continued her life as "usual", trying to not fall in love with many people. The villagers where starting to doubt on her and thought she was a Jaeger. The mysterious deaths of Gwyll's boyfriends were all caused by an unknown force, as there aren't any marks of any kind on their corpses. Gwyll didn't think too much about it though.

One day, Gwyll's closest friend, did some research and discovered that Gwyll was a Jaeger or some kind of witch. That night, while Gwynn was asleep, they took her and decided to execute her by burning her alive on the stake. 

The flames where lit up, and Gwyll's shoes where starting to burn. She was screaming for help, but everyone in the village was cheering for her execution, throwing even more wood at the fire. Gwyll screamed and screamed harder, until something happened. The fire under her went out, a big circle of azure flames surrounded Gwyll out of nowhere, and started flying around the village, burning everything and everyone in it.  The only survivor was Gwyll. The flames returned to her and entered inside her, in her heart.  Gwyll just unintentionally murdered an entire village. She ran away in tears, covering her face with the red hood.

She then decided to start over in a town in Foblé, where she found out of her nature as a Jaeger and her powers.

Combat Information

Epithet: The Wicked Lover

[spoiler=Fighting Style]

Gwyll prefers fighting from away, and using her spells to help allies. But she can also use her sword: Oberon's Courage, to slash through and stun enemies.

She can also grow wings when needed. The wings are almost invisible and dragonfly-like, and she can make them disappear whenever she likes

[spoiler=Weapons] Oberon's Courage: This enchanted sword with a butterfly shaped hilt has been the loyal sword of generations and generations of powerful fairies. The blade is made of silver and it has unique powers. It has the power to call butterflies to aid her in battle, by stalling and damaging enemies. Also another ability of the sword is that it's power changes with the moon phases. At full moon the sword is at it's maximum power, while at a new moon the sword isn't very strong.

[spoiler=Abilities]

Leanan Sidhe Every person Gwyll falls in love with is bound to die in a few months time. The cause of death is unknown, since no marks are on the corpse.

Mab's Blessing She casts a spell on someone which grants a magical shield. The shield is stronger depending on how close the person the shield was casted on is to Gwyll

Titania's Love Gwyll casts a healing spell, which is stronger depending on the amount of nature around her.

Fae Wings Gwyll can grow a pair of fairy wings, and can make them disappear whenever she likes.

Other Information

Theme | Battle Theme

• Her name and surname are the gaelic translations for the word dusk (Gwyll) and love (Cariad)
  • Her skills names come from fairies from Shakespeare's works.

Other Trivia

• She loves Shakespeare's works, especially Mdisummer Night's Dream
  • Her favourite food is pie, of any kind.
  • She loves gaelic music

I read the rules. Is there a typo at the bottom, one of the sentences said something about the application but I couldn't figure what I had to do...

[spoiler=The Skeleton of Farway]

Shogo_is_having_a_good_day.png

["Stab me. If that will make you happy."]

Personal Information

Name: Jack

Based On: Jack, The Skeleton. (Nightmare before Christmas)

[spoiler=Appearence]

Psycho_pass_makishima_vector_by_headstro

5' 10"

Remarkably lazy in his choice of clothing. Whatever Jack could get his thin white hands on that fits he just might pull on. Normally, this is a long-sleeved white dress shirt with a relaxed choice of buttons. His long and especially spirited white hair is always bone-clean and he really isn't sure why. At times, his eyes are green or grey. Usually lacking in a choice in the matter, when his monsterous Jaeger abilities are on display or his emotions enthrall his body: His eyes become purely white and his body appears stiff like a corpse puppet.

[spoiler=Personality]

There was once an unnerving sense of glee inside Jack as a boy. His friends were great and spooking the neighborhood Jaeger children was fun as they all seemed to be quite capable of teasing eachother. With a childhood of social interaction and having fun, Jack is no stranger to humor and pranks or talking to strangers and being daring. Having been rather adjusted to being insulted or not being liked by some other kids for his strange abilities that were so different from the others, Jack is familiar with opposition and he is well adjusted to giving up on seeking someone's approval.

Now that Jack has aged, he understands the drive for a growing male to want to be a "man." Maturity and growth are not totally lost on Jack, even if he is a monster. He connects well with others around his age and hasn't entirely lost his socializing abilities. When the time has passed and he finally makes his first friend in a long time, Jack will cherish them greatly and wouldn't mind protecting them by recieving pain on their behalf. Though, this charity can easilly be attributed to his lack of fear that his Jaeger abilities enables within him. A sense of immortality illuminates Jack's eyes every time he remembers how difficult it can be to kill him. A small amount of his childhood glee returns to him when he is granted the opportunity to cut into someone else. A perverse passion of studying the mortality of others does exist in Jack because he is just that significantly more different than the others.

With his seperation fron the neighborhood he called home, the deaths of his friends that were his only family, Jack can be seen as a somber soul. His traveling was never to escape his own death at the hands at the humans who are slowly entering his home. No, this traveling is a subconscious response to his lack of social stimulis. He doesn't understand this, not being a psychologist himself. When asked why Jack is traveling, he might tell others that he doesn't feel like he has a home anymore. Or, maybe that where he was before would attract terrible memories that haunt him still. Being reminded that he is alone is probably the worst things someone can actually do to Jack at this moment. Requesting to be alone when surrounded by people he doesn't connect with isn't uncommon. His silent partner, Babe the blue ox, helps him stave off boredum at times even when the two of them don't get along.

[spoiler=Biography]

Having been born in the odd lands of Farway, Jack was almost immediately orphaned without warning. His foster mother, a human known as Patricia, told Jack when he was young that his family was a proud crowd of Skeleton Jaegers that traveled to colder lands. Never letting his orphan status hold him back, Jack was rather satisfied with his foster mother and the Jaeger friends he made in his odd little town. The skeleton boy would disesemble himself and mock murder scenes with his uncanny ability to morbidly scare other children and even get on the nerves of plenty adults. Jack's little gang wouldn't let Jack get in trouble alone and the neighborhood slowly came to accept little Jack as a son, a brother to them all.

A more violent crowd of humans would enter his neighborhood years after be became a growing teen. His crowd of merry having Jaeger teens was considered dangerous by the newcoming human families. This fear wasn't held back for long and a prejudice struck the hearts of many humans in their little society. Jack knew a complication might happen shortly, and in the interest of protecting his foster mother: Jack told Patricia to do her best to not affiliate herself with him or make any mention of raising him to the other humans. With his worst fears coming to light, Jack fled the town before most of his friends and the Jaeger families that adored him would be slaughtered by human hunters.

With Farway being many many miles behind him, Jack managed to cross the eyes of young Farmer's daughter who could tell that he was strong for a young man. She requested that he saved her favorite little ox named Babe from a club of hoodlums that have been terrorizing her father's farm for years. Without much else to do and with the agreement that she would share some food with him if he was succesful: Jack singlehandedly defeated the little human gang and retrieved Babe without much effort. The farmer's daughter was scared witless by the way his white clothing had been stained with so much blood. Before she would pack some food for Jack and his further adventures, he assured the girl that the blood was not his own.

Combat Information

Epithet: The Skeleton of Farway

[spoiler=Fighting Style]

Typically, Jack isn't afraid of taking many hits in a fight and his hand to hand combat reflects this with his lack of positional defense. He very rarely attempts to deflect attacks or parry them by any means and he enjoys watching the terror in his opponent's faces when their weapons are stuck in his body like useless twigs and they realize how futile their struggle is. It is difficult to enrage Jack during a fight and he isn't usually the first person to strike either. His combat is much more effective against others whose only attacks are physical by nature or their own defenses are rather weak. Beefy brawlers who lack magical binding attacks or traps would eventually be worn down by Jack's seeming immortality while cloth wearing mage-types that lack significant defense may find his sword to be fatal rather quickly.

Jack's greatest weaknesses lie in well-balanced fighters who are cunning and always fight level-headed. While his body is one of his greatest weapons, opponents who can bind his body with physical traps or spells will find that the fight was won before it even started. Unfortunately, chopping Jack up will make trying to bind him more difficult as his seperated limbs can quickly become a hassle all on their own. Ideally: When fighting Jack you want to have access to binding spells that can drain Jack's ability to fight without attempted to blow him up or cut him in anyway. To add further insult to injury: Wearing armor that cannot be jabbed well by his sword will negate all of his own offense.

[spoiler=Weapons]

Steel Cutlass: A curved pirate-esq sword that has a large steel guard-piece and a well polished wooden handle.

[spoiler=Abilities]

Skeleton Body:

Jack's casual appearence is slightly plagued by how his eyes occaisionally go entirely white and his fingers appear very thin against his will. His true appearence is a raw bone skeleton from his nose down, and he can do away with all of his body from that point downward at a whim. His hair, and other natural body parts like organs, skin, blood and flesh can all be regrown like cultured bacteria when his bones meet properly rather quickly and his blood fades as it is different from real blood. Vampuric creatures and canabilistic creatures cannot properly sustain themselves on Jack's blood and flesh. His bones are impossibly dense and weigh tons. As a result of their density: Jack's bones are nearly industructable and generate a lot of force when moving at great speeds due to their weight. Jack has control over his bones and he can make them float as naturally as you lift your arm and he isn't affected by their individual weight as his movement of his bones are supernatural.

Speed and Agility

Constructed and Indirect immortality

Other Information

*Babe the Blue Ox: A baby blue Ox named Babe travels with Jack. This tiny little girl-esq creature has bright blue fur and will rarely stand taller than someone's knees. On her forehead, between her horns, there is a little white heart of fur. Normally lazy, Babe will lay around or ontop of others whenever she can. Even though Babe would seem mostly carefree, She can understand humans and will often mistake some comments as direct insults concerning her weight. When agitated, Babe will try to ram her enemy's shins with her head. Though, for most, Babe's headbutt is harmless, if her horn catches your shin it might break it. If is rare for Babe to beagitated by girls.

My application for the character I thought up but we are allowed to submit 2 characters, right? Since I am planning to submit both a boy and girl in this rp. Will that be fine?

Application:

Quote: "Humans say that us jaegers are only monsters but who is the true monster? Jaegers? Or Humans ignoring the threat of the Lobe?"

Name: Eva Nightingale Boreal

Based on: Artemis, goddess of the hunt and the moon, and Poseidon, god of the sea.

[spoiler=Appearance:]http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/AscendedDragonSage/media/Skarmavbild%202015-05-27%20kl.%2020.35.57_zps6a2bwdjz.png.html?sort=3&o=44(I have now idea how to put the actual image into these things so settle for the link. Is there a way to put images in these replies? (Help needed.)

[spoiler=[b]Personality:]Rarely angered, Eva is calm and rational even in the most stressful of situations. She is quiet and keeps to herself sometimes but she is not afraid in voicing her own opinion in a matter. She also ignores any men that proposes to her as she continues to live. Although, a friend of hers brings out a different side of her such as breaking her out of her quiet shell and have a loud and outgoing personality. That person's name was Palo Lumiere Aurora.

[spoiler=[b]Biography:] "Don't push your luck."

Eva was a descendant of well acclaimed jaegers that lived in the region of Wilhelm before the outbreak of Lobos forced her to officially abandon her ancestor's home. One of her ancestors was a hunter called Diana and a Father called by the humans as Neptune and both of them as jaegers. However, the family was unpopular with the humans in Wilhelm as they were envied and feared by the populace due to their abilities to craft creatures out of the moonlight and water. This grew to the point that Eva had to abandon her family home without notifying her parents at the age of 10.

Leaving to her wits and calm demeanor, she was able to survive for 15 long years until she decided to return to her hometown within Wilhelm. Still holding a grudge against humans, she remained silent within her town until someone named Palo brought something new to her and befriended her human friend.

After 5 years staying in town, she was again forced to flee and retrain her wits in the corrupt and overrun world.

Combat Information

Epithet: The Shadow

[spoiler=[b]Fighting Style[/b]:] Eva quickly picks off her enemies with her bow and arrow as she darts around the battlefield, confusing the enemy on how she is never there as they thought. Although, she is not afraid of getting up close and personal as she keeps a ring of enchanted blades within her bow to catch her enemies by surprise. If she deems it so, she can transform into her bestial wolf form to rip open a new one.

Weapons: Oak Bow and Spear-tip Arrows, Ring of Blades

[spoiler=[b]Abilities[/b]:]

Heightened Senses

Due to Eva being a Jaeger, all of her senses are sharpened than most humans. Although, her eyesight is better than any other sense as she can see clearly in the dark and can hear things better. Although, during some weather circumstances, her senses can be dulled back into a normal humans.

Shadow and Moonlight Creation​

Due to her ancestry, she can create beings created from moonlight and shadows to help aid her in the fight against Lobs. However, she is restricted by only summoning 2 at a time and can only summon moonlight creations during the night but are stronger than normal shadow creations.

Bestial Form

Due to her jaeger blood, she can transform into her bestial form inherited from her mother. This blood allows her to transform into a mystical wolf that is both elegant yet deadly. Her bloodlust is only in check by her impressive will. During this form, she gains the following:

• Enhanced Speed
  • Increased Agility

Other Information

Character Trivia

• Eva's last name, Boreal, is a play on the northern light's name, the Aurora Borealis.
  • She can talk to aquatic animals. Primarily, dolphins.
  • Loves playing the harp.
  • Has a strange love for olive trees.
  • Other Trivia:
  • Her transformation into a wolf is linked to that the relationship between the wolf and the moon.
  • Her skill in archery is based on the Greek Goddess Artemis
  • Her friend's last name is the first half of the word Aurora Borealis.

[spoiler= Dragon of the East]

"You're a hundred years too early to challenge me,"

Personal Information
Name: Akira Ryoga
Based On: Chinese Dragon
Appearance: [spoiler=Human Form](Because I can't find a picture to match my imagination)
He stands tall at 6'1, his hair a bright blond, almost gold. His eyes are a striking green. Has noticeable fangs, most easily seen when he smiles. Well built, but not noticeable under the well worn clothes he wears. Has a long red headband tied around his arm, which when in battle he ties on his head. Wears baggy and a blue shirt with torn sleeves and blue pants. His shoulders and lower back have golden scales on them.

[spoiler=Dragon Form]
Huang_Long_by_Vyrilien.jpg
Only not as long, reaching about 15 feet long.

[spoiler=Personality:] Because he was shielded from the persecution most Jaegers have been through, he has an upbeat personality and outlook on life. He is excitable and has next to no idea what an inside voice is. However, as he witnesses how the world is, it could crush his happy spirit...

[spoiler=Biography:]Raised by his grandfather on a mountain in the region of Foblé, Akira lived most of his life in isolation, his grandfather not wanting him to experience the persecution the lands delivered to Jaegers. He trained daily in the art of fighting, not knowing why, but did so without questioning. When Akira was 18, his grandfather fell ill. Unable to get help, Akira could only watch his only known family die. However, his grandfather was able to pass to Akira about the legends of dragons, and how rare they now were, only about 25 or so left in the world. He also learned that each kingdom had a great dragon living hidden in their lands, and how Akira's grandfather was the 'Great Dragon of the East'. Instead of taking the mantle, however, his grandfather told him to go out to the world, and use his knowledge of combat to help those that can not help themselves.
He has been nomadic ever since, travelling throughout the kingdoms to try to fulfill his grandfather's wish... even if he is not sure how to exactly do that.
All went well in the kingdom of Foblé, he helping people with simple things, like finding lost children, or being a delivery boy. Things changed dramatically when he traveled to the kingdom of Farway. He saw a Jaeger execution about to take place, and only seeing people trying to take the life of another, he fought off the executioners and took the condemned to a relatively safe location. There, he learned how the most of the world treated Jaegers. Knowing this was wrong, he attempted to change people's minds with his good deeds, but sadly, it was a losing battle.
He heard rumors of a dragon causing mayhem in the southern kingdom of Wilhelm. When he arrived, he found a great black lightning dragon terrorizing the land, attempting to rule all of Grimm. Akira set off to stop him, only to discover he was completely outmatched in both human form and dragon form. A ferocious battle broke out between the two, with Akira all but losing. The only way Akira won was causing an large old ruin to collapse on top of the black dragon Akuma, burying him. Knowing the battle is not yet won, he trains to be stronger... but then the Lobo attacked...

Combat Information
Epithet:Dragon of the East
Fighting Style: Uses a variety of martial arts, mostly based off Bājíquán. His dragon form is an absolute last resort.
Weapons: No physical weapons, but has fangs he could use to bite if desperate. Has claws and fangs in dragon form.
[spoiler=Abilities:]
Water Manipulation
Like the dragons he is based of, he has control over water, although it is limited to moving it or having them surround his body. He must have a physical source nearby, as he can not make his own.

Heighten Senses
As a Jaegar, his senses are better than a humans. His best sense is his hearing and his sight, with his smell being better than a human, but not on the levels of other Jaegars.

Dragon Form
He can reveal his true form as a dragon of legend, granting him flight, a breath weapon, and a better control of water. He can also expel all of his energy to create a semi-nuke that will cause him to revert to his power saving human form, with no option of changing back for a day.

Human Form
This form allows him to conserve his energy and interact with humans and other Jaegers without causing fear and panic. His powers are reduced, being unable to fly and losing some of the finer control of water he had. He does prefer this form, as he feels he misses things while flying high above everyone else.

Other Information

• His name Akira can translate to 'Bright' or 'Clear', while Ryoga can translate to 'Good Fang'
  • He has a horrible sense of direction, which is fine, since he has no destination.
  • Loves nature.
  • [spoiler=Theme Song:]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJT9kTJZsCA

• [spoiler=Battle Theme:] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4CZwkNhIU

• Being a dragon of water, he is vulnerable to lightning... quite ironically since when he becomes older, (At least 200+ years old) weather control is a a power he gains.

[Optional Image of Character]

"..."

Personal Information

Name: Strega il Vrăjitoare

Race: Jaeger

Based On: Hecate

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Appearance]

Rider.%28Fate.stay.night%29.600.386548.j

Height: 5'5" (165 cm)

Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Biography]

x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

Epithet: The Patron Saint of the Witch

[spoiler=Fighting Style]

[spoiler=Weapons]

[spoiler=Abilities]

x393wz.jpg

Other Information

• Theme Song:
  • Both Strega's first and last names are forms of the word witch in a different language, latin (strega) and romanian (vrăjitoare)

Quick placeholder app, I'll flesh this out greatly tomorrow

[spoiler=The Star-crossed Lover]

"Promise that you'll love me, even from the afterlife"

Personal Information

Name:Gwyll Cariad

Based on: Leanan Sidhe

[spoiler=Appearance]5cbbd385731d7c669f38486a96f479f9.jpg

Gwyll stands at 1.8 metres and weighs about 68kg. The clothes are as depicted above, and her little mantle can also turn into a hood. She looks the same as the picture, except she has pink/purple eyes, and ash blonde hair

[spoiler=Personality]

Gwyll is a hopeless romantic, she believes in love at first sight and wants a happily ever after to her life.

She wants to find her "prince charming" and nothing can stop her... well, except her powers. She's funny and nice and always tries to keep a smile through the hardest of times. She though, is afraid of humans, and when going around in highly inhabited areas, she always keeps her hood up, to hide her face. She wants to keep peace in the world and prefers not to battle unless necessary. She would do anything to protect her loved ones. She gets easily attached to people, and could call someone a friend at their first sign of friendliness. But she's also used to losing people and doesn't make a big deal about it, losing most of her boyfriends thanks to her powers. She's very persuasive and can easily trick people in doing what she wants, often using methods such as crocodile tears.

[spoiler=Biography]

Gwyll lived in a small village in Farway, it was distant from the big towns and rumors rarely spread out of the village. In the village Gwyll didn't have many friends, but she had a few close ones. She in her life had many boyfriends, all dying soon to unknown reasons. She continued her life as "usual", trying to not fall in love with many people. The villagers where starting to doubt on her and thought she was a Jaeger. The mysterious deaths of Gwyll's boyfriends were all caused by an unknown force, as there aren't any marks of any kind on their corpses. Gwyll didn't think too much about it though.

One day, Gwyll's closest friend, did some research and discovered that Gwyll was a Jaeger or some kind of witch. That night, while Gwynn was asleep, they took her and decided to execute her by burning her alive on the stake. 

The flames where lit up, and Gwyll's shoes where starting to burn. She was screaming for help, but everyone in the village was cheering for her execution, throwing even more wood at the fire. Gwyll screamed and screamed harder, until something happened. The fire under her went out, a big circle of azure flames surrounded Gwyll out of nowhere, and started flying around the village, burning everything and everyone in it.  The only survivor was Gwyll. The flames returned to her and entered inside her, in her heart.  Gwyll just unintentionally murdered an entire village. She ran away in tears, covering her face with the red hood.

She then decided to start over in a town in Foblé, where she found out of her nature as a Jaeger and her powers.

Combat Information

Epithet: The Wicked Lover

[spoiler=Fighting Style]

Gwyll prefers fighting from away, and using her spells to help allies. Sometimes, as a Jaeger descendant of a faerie, calls help of the Will o' Wisps, to burn her opponents.

She can also grow wings when needed. The wings are almost invisible and dragonfly-like, and she can make them disappear whenever she likes

Weapons: N/A

[spoiler=Abilities]

Leanan Sidhe Every person Gwyll falls in love with is bound to die in a few months time. The cause of death is unknown, since no marks are on the corpse.

Mab's Blessing She casts a spell on someone which grants a magical shield. The shield is stronger depending on how close the person the shield was casted on is to Gwyll

Titania's Love Gwyll casts a healing spell, which is stronger depending on the amount of nature around her.

Fae Wings Gwyll can grow a pair of fairy wings, and can make them disappear whenever she likes.

Other Information

Theme | Battle Theme

• Her name and surname are the gaelic translations for the word dusk (Gwyll) and love (Cariad)
  • Her skills names come from fairies from Shakespeare's works.

Other Trivia

• She loves Shakespeare's works, especially Mdisummer Night's Dream
  • Her favourite food is pie, of any kind.
  • She loves gaelic music

Cosmo...your app is amazing! The themes had me going as well, especially as I read the bio.

*Thumb of approval* ACCEPTED!!!

I read the rules. Is there a typo at the bottom, one of the sentences said something about the application but I couldn't figure what I had to do...

[spoiler=The Skeleton of Farway]

Shogo_is_having_a_good_day.png

["Stab me. If that will make you happy."]

Personal Information

Name: Jack

Based On: Jack, The Skeleton. (Nightmare before Christmas)

[spoiler=Appearence]

Psycho_pass_makishima_vector_by_headstro

5' 10"

Remarkably lazy in his choice of clothing. Whatever Jack could get his thin white hands on that fits he just might pull on. Normally, this is a long-sleeved white dress shirt with a relaxed choice of buttons. His long and especially spirited white hair is always bone-clean and he really isn't sure why. At times, his eyes are green or grey. Usually lacking in a choice in the matter, when his monsterous Jaeger abilities are on display or his emotions enthrall his body: His eyes become purely white and his body appears stiff like a corpse puppet.

[spoiler=Personality]

There was once an unnerving sense of glee inside Jack as a boy. His friends were great and spooking the neighborhood Jaeger children was fun as they all seemed to be quite capable of teasing eachother. With a childhood of social interaction and having fun, Jack is no stranger to humor and pranks or talking to strangers and being daring. Having been rather adjusted to being insulted or not being liked by some other kids for his strange abilities that were so different from the others, Jack is familiar with opposition and he is well adjusted to giving up on seeking someone's approval.

Now that Jack has aged, he understands the drive for a growing male to want to be a "man." Maturity and growth are not totally lost on Jack, even if he is a monster. He connects well with others around his age and hasn't entirely lost his socializing abilities. When the time has passed and he finally makes his first friend in a long time, Jack will cherish them greatly and wouldn't mind protecting them by recieving pain on their behalf. Though, this charity can easilly be attributed to his lack of fear that his Jaeger abilities enables within him. A sense of immortality illuminates Jack's eyes every time he remembers how difficult it can be to kill him. A small amount of his childhood glee returns to him when he is granted the opportunity to cut into someone else. A perverse passion of studying the mortality of others does exist in Jack because he is just that significantly more different than the others.

With his seperation fron the neighborhood he called home, the deaths of his friends that were his only family, Jack can be seen as a somber soul. His traveling was never to escape his own death at the hands at the humans who are slowly entering his home. No, this traveling is a subconscious response to his lack of social stimulis. He doesn't understand this, not being a psychologist himself. When asked why Jack is traveling, he might tell others that he doesn't feel like he has a home anymore. Or, maybe that where he was before would attract terrible memories that haunt him still. Being reminded that he is alone is probably the worst things someone can actually do to Jack at this moment. Requesting to be alone when surrounded by people he doesn't connect with isn't uncommon. His silent partner, Babe the blue ox, helps him stave off boredum at times even when the two of them don't get along.

[spoiler=Biography]

Having been born in the odd lands of Farway, Jack was almost immediately orphaned without warning. His foster mother, a human known as Patricia, told Jack when he was young that his family was a proud crowd of Skeleton Jaegers that traveled to colder lands. Never letting his orphan status hold him back, Jack was rather satisfied with his foster mother and the Jaeger friends he made in his odd little town. The skeleton boy would disesemble himself and mock murder scenes with his uncanny ability to morbidly scare other children and even get on the nerves of plenty adults. Jack's little gang wouldn't let Jack get in trouble alone and the neighborhood slowly came to accept little Jack as a son, a brother to them all.

A more violent crowd of humans would enter his neighborhood years after be became a growing teen. His crowd of merry having Jaeger teens was considered dangerous by the newcoming human families. This fear wasn't held back for long and a prejudice struck the hearts of many humans in their little society. Jack knew a complication might happen shortly, and in the interest of protecting his foster mother: Jack told Patricia to do her best to not affiliate herself with him or make any mention of raising him to the other humans. With his worst fears coming to light, Jack fled the town before most of his friends and the Jaeger families that adored him would be slaughtered by human hunters.

With Farway being many many miles behind him, Jack managed to cross the eyes of young Farmer's daughter who could tell that he was strong for a young man. She requested that he saved her favorite little ox named Babe from a club of hoodlums that have been terrorizing her father's farm for years. Without much else to do and with the agreement that she would share some food with him if he was succesful: Jack singlehandedly defeated the little human gang and retrieved Babe without much effort. The farmer's daughter was scared witless by the way his white clothing had been stained with so much blood. Before she would pack some food for Jack and his further adventures, he assured the girl that the blood was not his own.

Combat Information

Epithet: The Skeleton of Farway

[spoiler=Fighting Style]

Typically, Jack isn't afraid of taking many hits in a fight and his hand to hand combat reflects this with his lack of positional defense. He very rarely attempts to deflect attacks or parry them by any means and he enjoys watching the terror in his opponent's faces when their weapons are stuck in his body like useless twigs and they realize how futile their struggle is. It is difficult to enrage Jack during a fight and he isn't usually the first person to strike either. His combat is much more effective against others whose only attacks are physical by nature or their own defenses are rather weak. Beefy brawlers who lack magical binding attacks or traps would eventually be worn down by Jack's seeming immortality while cloth wearing mage-types that lack significant defense may find his sword to be fatal rather quickly.

Jack's greatest weaknesses lie in well-balanced fighters who are cunning and always fight level-headed. While his body is one of his greatest weapons, opponents who can bind his body with physical traps or spells will find that the fight was won before it even started. Unfortunately, chopping Jack up will make trying to bind him more difficult as his seperated limbs can quickly become a hassle all on their own. Ideally: When fighting Jack you want to have access to binding spells that can drain Jack's ability to fight without attempted to blow him up or cut him in anyway. To add further insult to injury: Wearing armor that cannot be jabbed well by his sword will negate all of his own offense.

[spoiler=Weapons]

Steel Cutlass: A curved pirate-esq sword that has a large steel guard-piece and a well polished wooden handle.

[spoiler=Abilities]

Skeleton Body:

Jack's casual appearence is slightly plagued by how his eyes occaisionally go entirely white and his fingers appear very thin against his will. His true appearence is a raw bone skeleton from his nose down, and he can do away with all of his body from that point downward at a whim. His hair, and other natural body parts like organs, skin, blood and flesh can all be regrown like cultured bacteria when his bones meet properly rather quickly and his blood fades as it is different from real blood. Vampuric creatures and canabilistic creatures cannot properly sustain themselves on Jack's blood and flesh. His bones are impossibly dense and weigh tons. As a result of their density: Jack's bones are nearly industructable and generate a lot of force when moving at great speeds due to their weight. Jack has control over his bones and he can make them float as naturally as you lift your arm and he isn't affected by their individual weight as his movement of his bones are supernatural.

Speed and Agility

Constructed and Indirect immortality

Other Information

*Babe the Blue Ox: A baby blue Ox named Babe travels with Jack. This tiny little girl-esq creature has bright blue fur and will rarely stand taller than someone's knees. On her forehead, between her horns, there is a little white heart of fur. Normally lazy, Babe will lay around or ontop of others whenever she can. Even though Babe would seem mostly carefree, She can understand humans and will often mistake some comments as direct insults concerning her weight. When agitated, Babe will try to ram her enemy's shins with her head. Though, for most, Babe's headbutt is harmless, if her horn catches your shin it might break it. If is rare for Babe to beagitated by girls.

Based on Jack E. Skellington, I see. I am quite intrigued by this concept Techi! And for a blue ox named Babe...didn't think of seeing a Paul Bunyan reference with it lol

*Thumb of Approval* ACCEPTED!!!

[spoiler= Dragon of the East]

"You're a hundred years too early to challenge me,"

Personal Information

Name: Akira Ryoga

Based On: Chinese Dragon

Appearance: [spoiler=Human Form](Because I can't find a picture to match my imagination)

He stands tall at 6'1, his hair a bright blond, almost gold. His eyes are a striking green. Has noticeable fangs, most easily seen when he smiles. Well built, but not noticeable under the well worn clothes he wears. Has a long red headband tied around his arm, which when in battle he ties on his head. Wears baggy and somewhat torn white shirt and pants. His shoulders and lower back have golden scales on them.

[spoiler=Dragon Form]

Huang_Long_by_Vyrilien.jpg

Only not as long. Only reaching about 15 feet long.

Personality: [spoiler=]Because he was shielded from the persecution most Jaegers have been through, he has an upbeat personality and outlook on life. He is exictable and has next to no idea what an inside voice is. However, as he witnesses how the world is, it could crush his happy spirit...

Biography: [spoiler=]Raised by his grandfather on a mountain in the region of Foblé, Akira lived most of his life in isolation, his grandfather not wanting him to experience the persecution the lands delivered to Jaegers. He trained daily in the art of fighting, not knowing why, but did so without questioning. One day though, his grandfather fell ill. Unable to get help, Akira could only watch his only family die. However, his grandfather told Akira to go out to the world, and use his knowledge to help those that can not help themselves.

He has been nomadic ever since, travelling throughout the kingdoms to try to fulfill his grandfather's wish... even if he is not sure how to exactly do that.

Combat Information

Epithet:Dragon of the East

Fighting Style: Uses a variety of martial arts, mostly based off Bājíquán. His dragon form is an absolute last resort.

Weapons: No physical weapons, but has fangs he could use to bite if desperate. Has claws and fangs in dragon form.

Abilities:[spoiler=]

Water Manipulation

Like the dragons he is based of, he has control over water, although it is limited to moving it or having them surround his body. He must have a physical source nearby, as he can not make his own.

Heighten Senses

As a Jaegar, his sense are better than a humans. His best sense is his hearing and his sight, with his smell is better than a human, but not on the levels of other Jaegars.

Dragon Form

He can temporary take a form similar to that of dragons of legend, granting him flight, a breath weapon, and better control of water. However, he can not hold it for any more than ten minutes, and when he transforms back into his human form, he will be drained of energy for at the very least a day, depending on how hard he fought, how long he fought, and how much damage he has taken.

Other Information

• His name Akira can translate to 'Bright' or 'Clear', while Ryoga can translate to 'Good Fang'
  • He has a horrible sense of direction, which is fine, since he has no destination.
  • Loves nature

Chinese dragon, huh? Not a bad idea here, Saiku. However, is there anything else you could possibly add to your bio? It seems a bit short...^^;

Other than that, I'll be able to accept ya.

My application for the character I thought up but we are allowed to submit 2 characters, right? Since I am planning to submit both a boy and girl in this rp. Will that be fine?

Application:

Quote: "Humans say that us jaegers are only monsters but who is the true monster? Jaegers? Or Humans ignoring the threat of the Lobe?"

Name: Eva Nightingale Boreal

Based on: Artemis, goddess of the hunt and the moon, and Poseidon, god of the sea.

[spoiler=Appearance:]http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/AscendedDragonSage/media/Skarmavbild%202015-05-27%20kl.%2020.35.57_zps6a2bwdjz.png.html?sort=3&o=44(I have now idea how to put the actual image into these things so settle for the link. Is there a way to put images in these replies? (Help needed.)

[spoiler=Personality:]Rarely angered, Eva is calm and rational even in the most stressful of situations. She is quiet and keeps to herself sometimes but she is not afraid in voicing her own opinion in a matter. She also ignores any men that proposes to her as she continues to live. Although, a friend of hers brings out a different side of her such as breaking her out of her quiet shell and have a loud and outgoing personality. That person's name was Palo Lumiere Aurora.

[spoiler=Biography:] "Don't push your luck."

Eva was a descendant of well acclaimed jaegers that lived in the region of Wilhelm before the outbreak of Lobos forced her to officially abandon her ancestor's home. One of her ancestors was a hunter called Diana and a Father called by the humans as Neptune and both of them as jaegers. However, the family was unpopular with the humans in Wilhelm as they were envied and feared by the populace due to their abilities to craft creatures out of the moonlight and water. This grew to the point that Eva had to abandon her family home without notifying her parents at the age of 10.

Leaving to her wits and calm demeanor, she was able to survive for 15 long years until she decided to return to her hometown within Wilhelm. Still holding a grudge against humans, she remained silent within her town until someone named Palo brought something new to her and befriended her human friend.

After 5 years staying in town, she was again forced to flee and retrain her wits in the corrupt and overrun world.

Combat Information

Epithet: The Shadow

[spoiler=Fighting Style:] Eva quickly picks off her enemies with her bow and arrow as she darts around the battlefield, confusing the enemy on how she is never there as they thought. Although, she is not afraid of getting up close and personal as she keeps a ring of enchanted blades within her bow to catch her enemies by surprise. If she deems it so, she can transform into her bestial wolf form to rip open a new one.

Weapons: Oak Bow and Spear-tip Arrows, Ring of Blades

[spoiler=Abilities:]

Heightened Senses

Due to Eva being a Jaeger, all of her senses are sharpened than most humans. Although, her eyesight is better than any other sense as she can see clearly in the dark and can hear things better. Although, during some weather circumstances, her senses can be dulled back into a normal humans.

Shadow and Moonlight Creation​

Due to her ancestry, she can create beings created from moonlight and shadows to help aid her in the fight against Lobs. However, she is restricted by only summoning 2 at a time and can only summon moonlight creations during the night but are stronger than normal shadow creations.

Bestial Form

Due to her jaeger blood, she can transform into her bestial form inherited from her mother. This blood allows her to transform into a mystical wolf that is both elegant yet deadly. Her bloodlust is only in check by her impressive will. During this form, she gains the following:

• Enhanced Speed
  • Increased Agility

Other Information

Character Trivia

• Eva's last name, Boreal, is a play on the northern light's name, the Aurora Borealis.
  • She can talk to aquatic animals. Primarily, dolphins.
  • Loves playing the harp.
  • Has a strange love for olive trees.
  • Other Trivia:
  • Her transformation into a wolf is linked to that the relationship between the wolf and the moon.
  • Her skill in archery is based on the Greek Goddess Artemis
  • Her friend's last name is the first half of the word Aurora Borealis.

Hmm...not sure about this...are you planning to have this character be both boy and girl (if I'm reading that right)?

If that's the case, I would prefer separate beings altogether with separate apps. And currently, I'm not sure I can really accept this app...

Good to know...I'll make sure Abel doesn't get tempted to eat the pig xD

On a better note, I have the Character Archive up on the 3rd post here. And, Co-Host is still open for anyone.

I am willing to co-host this rp with you. I have much less responsibilities for people my age and I am willing to donate my excessive time to this rp. I would like to see this Rp go far.

Archived