[Leaderboard] Dova vs Dragon Sage

Dova

First one I hosted!

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.

First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.

All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

-The contest ends on 13 February GMT+0 12:00.

Requirement:

Challenger's choice: Burgesstoma Support.

Card A

5Y1NO1Q.jpg

Reveal 1 "Burgesstoma" Trap Card from your deck; Place it on top of the deck. When a Trap Card on the field is activated while this card is in your Graveyard, you can: Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Aqua/WATER/Level 2/ATK 1200/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, this card is unaffected by monster effects, also banish it when leaves the field.

Card B

F88fnsr.png

You can send 1 other Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard; set 1 "Burgesstoma" Trap Card from your Deck. You can shuffle 1 of your banished "Burgesstoma" Trap Cards into your Deck; flip this card face-down. If you Special Summon a Normal Monster: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Draw 1 card. You can only use each of these effects of "Burgesstoma Pool" once per turn.

Card A sets up a Burgesstoma of choice instead of having to wait to draw it, which can be helpful if you need to. Also combos nicely with Alomalocaris (hopefully I spelled that properly) and other excavation techs in the Deck for plays, so there's that too.

B can send "dead" S/T cards in order to set Burgesstomas that you'd want at that moment. As for it returning banished Burgesstomas, they have Leancholia for that (and it isn't restricted to just the Archetype), but it helps to get more resources back otherwise (even though they want to be in the Graveyard for the most part). Flavor-wise, it technically breaks the usual flavor of being able to SS itself when another Trap triggers (but this is the area where the Archetype originates from, not a specific species so it makes sense).

---

Personally, I think both cards would be welcome additions to the current pool that they have, but overall I think B is a little better, so getting my vote.

While Burgesstomas want to be in the Graveyard most of the time, being able to reuse their effects is nice and they need another way to recover their banished resources if you do not have Imperial Iron Wall up. That, and it's still Graveyard setup if needed.

Hoooo my gawd, why didn't anyone tell me my burglings were gettin some love?!

Card A is a cat of ill omen in burg form, which can be nice with anomal and back jack, but otherwise it is widely outclassed by Opa. It is another name for pikaia to get draws off of though, so its not all bad.

Card B is a psuedo Opa that can go off more than once, and it can get out more burgs while recycling then at the same time. The draw is nice, but isn't quite that necessary.

My vote goes to card B because it has more usability than card A.

My vote goes to card B, not because Card A is bad in any way...just B is...better.

Card A: After reading every one of the Burgesstoma...I'm slightly confused. This card just combos with the 2.4k XYZ unless I'm missing something...which essentially means its a -1 in all other scenarios. Which in terms of deck space would you have room for it? A card that did not advance truly advance your gamestate and gave your opponent information about your next turn (unless you happen to have pikaia on the ready). Its nice as a set-up but in my opinion it "needs" other cards to be truly worth the work. 

Card B: Simply put its an all purpose card that does everything you could want in continuous trap. It recycles, searches and draws. I don't have any complaints I think many sets need something of this equivalent. 

Sorry man, not gonna accept it if you don't understand how Burgesstoma works, or even heard of it. Maybe Card A works better with the Archetype as a whole? If the cards support other cards, be sure to know what is being supported and whether there are any issues/nice combos with the created cards.

Archived