• Mai Valentine (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
    • Abstain
    • Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)
    • Tiki (Fire Emblem)
  2. 2. Yun Iijima vs. Cynthia

• Yun Iijima (New Game!)
    • Abstain
    • Cynthia (Pokemon)

I knew this was coming. Cynthia beat my other nominations, like, three of them, but not today! Yun is wonderful okay, super cute, really sweet and just...something about her feels pretty real. Also she's really sweet with her younger siblings and I love that.

Cynthia is good looking (but not the best looking to me) and cool but that's basically all, for me.

....Also yeah Tiki, FE, Tiki isn't my favorite but she's still really cool and just a great person.

Maka is an awesome character but I'm iffy on voting her over Tiki.

Hmm...

I propose a deal. I will switch from Cynthia to Yun if you switch from Elesa to Trishula. :>

Nah. There's no point in these Polls if we don't see who wins based on who everyone who votes wants.

That's why I enjoy these Polls. I get to see the preferences of the people and it's fun to find out who comes out on top. I don't care, overall, who wins (I prefer the ones I like to win but in the end it's not the main point) I just want to see who YCM likes more and how far the ones I like can go.

This event's crass and stupid, epitomizing much of what is wrong with this place. I am more than happy to undermine "how it is supposed to work". 

I'm pretty sure you've enjoyed some crass things in the past.

Why do you want to go out of your way to "undermine" something people are enjoying?

Trishula would tear Cynthia apart. 

I'm pretty sure you've enjoyed some crass things in the past.

Why do you want to go out of your way to "undermine" something people are enjoying?

I'm undermining the process and spirit of the event, not the level of enjoyment.  

Also I thought you hated the whole loli thing going on here

I certainly do, though I have CowCow's word that Yun isn't a child. 

From what I can tell Trishula's closest equivalent is Kyurem.

Taking into account the most common set for each...

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Spiritomb: 207-244 (70.4 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Black Glasses Spiritomb Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 130-154 (33.2 - 39.3%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

Pretty handily, apparently.

From what I can tell Trishula's closest equivalent is Kyurem.

Taking into account the most common set for each...

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Spiritomb: 207-244 (70.4 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Black Glasses Spiritomb Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 130-154 (33.2 - 39.3%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

Pretty handily, apparently.

Yeah man, Trishula froze a lava tribe solid because she was cranky they woke her up from her nap

Kyurem is a hatchling, like Red-Eyes B. Chick. Trishula is on a whole other level. 

Trishula in Pokemon terms would be:

SpA: 2700

Atk: 2700

HP: 2000

DEF: 2000

SpDef: 2000

Speed: 2700

You have no idea how much it pains me to read this don't make me obsess over figuring out legit stat spreads for something I don't know much about >.

Based on the pinned season thread being from November, I guess these events take somewhere around 3 months to complete.

In the past I've been guilty of coming here to vote by being asked about it and not thinking much more deeply into things. Then proceeding to stop following other than for said petitions.

No, I'm not referring to this season exclusively so not really gonna point at any particular happening.

Point is I wanna stop doing that and make a public statement out of this decision. I think doing that is kind of stomping on the enjoyment of other people that are actually passionate about this event. It is cool for bragging rights I guess... but it goes against the poll's very purpose to just accept a request and leave. If the winner isn't genuinely the most liked one, it becomes somewhat pointless and meaningless. For some reason I was to a degree fine with the "vote X for the heck of it" mentality, and not so much into it anymore.

*scratches head*

Give me a call next time you guys start this up from round 1, and I'll give more proper votes.

Right now I decided to just stay out of this one because I am kind of late anyways. Most of the current ones I'm either unfamiliar with or am not as excited about as some that are already off the race.

I agree with you sleep that people shouldn't vote against what they want, but if it's just a matter of bring in new people I don't see the problem

YCM is very stratified, people in certain sections have no idea about other sections. So say a Pokemon fan doesn't realize Cynthia is up, and someone tells them, yo, Cynthia is up, you should go vote for her. Is that not educating someone who might otherwise not be?

YCM is very stratified, people in certain sections have no idea about other sections. So say a Pokemon fan doesn't realize Cynthia is up, and someone tells them, yo, Cynthia is up, you should go vote for her. Is that not educating someone who might otherwise not be?

That it is, but since PMs actually haven't been used before and are actually effective, it just feels off (not wrong, though). Also, there isn't any way to be sure about what you're saying in the PM, but maybe a comment on someone's profile will still be more effective than a status or three?

I agree with you sleep that people shouldn't vote against what they want, but if it's just a matter of bring in new people I don't see the problem

The issue is for people who aren't even present. I'm only assuming cirrus didn't return to the site and do that completely by coincidence.

Making people aware of the polls is one thing, like linking in status bar, but this is very clearly doing so in an attempt to sway the outcome.

Archived