Dark Magician and Support.

I'm going to not include the obviously bad support.

DarkMagicianFL1-EN-ScR-LE.jpg

The card itself. Level 7, sub par ATK and DEF. Horrible card, but they were smart enough to release some good support.

[spoiler=Dark Magic Attack]

DarkMagicAttackSD6-EN-C-1E.jpg

Excellent support. Not much to say, Harpie's Feather Duster for Dark Magician.

[spoiler=Dark Magic Curtain]

DarkMagicCurtainPP01-EN-ScR-UE.jpg

Damn it, all this card needs is to take off the Normal Summon/Flip Summon or Special Summon part, or be a Quick-Play and it'd be amazing. Still, it's not bad considering you can follow up with an easy Dark Magic Attack.

[spoiler=Thousand Knives]

ThousandKnivesCP05-EN-C.png

It's not bad. 1 for 1 removal of your choice.

[spoiler=Dark Eradicator Warlock]

DarkEradicatorWarlockSD6-EN-UR-1E.jpg

A lot of people write this off as horrible, but it's not hard at all to get out with Prisma & Phantom of Chaos. And you can't argue that 1,000 damage per Spell isn't crippling late game.

[spoiler=Skilled Dark Magician]

SkilledDarkMagicianMFC-EN-SR.jpg

Kind of slow, but has its uses. Could be used it a more control oriented, consistent DM deck.

So, what do you think? Waste of time? Under a better ban list, I'd like to hope a Dark Magician deck would be able to hold its own.

Warlock is the win condition for obscure burn strategies and Curtain is awesome when you hit it with Diamond Dude =3

CAPTAIN FALCON APPROVES OF THIS POST

SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

^I love this post^

And Kirby, You forgot Yugi's signature card: Spell Binding Circle!

he has more good support than just that, take skilled DM and miricale restoring.

that trap is as about as good as anything he has, I mean 2 spell counters for DM or buster blader, whats not to like? it is even chainable for storm's sake.

I made a good DM deck, and it worked at the higher levels of the game.

with DM at your disposal, you get the only legal harpie's FD out there.

you get a kill anything spell.

he has more summoning spells than anything else I've seen.

his requirements for a deck are surprisingly lax.

none of his fusions have the annoying "only these monsters", and only paladin has "only by fusion summon" restrictions.

eradicator decks work, plain and simple, with all the draw power out there, how can it not?

people just don't play him because he is OLD, and a normal monster by himself. I mean, when they did make an effect version, we banned it.

eradicator ftk works, because it's requirements to win are this:

find a way to play eradicator, and then play 8 spells.

can you say easy?

Dark Magician needs a better ultimate form. I'll say Neos Wiseman is Neos' ultimate form, and Stardust Dragon has an /Assault Mode. And saying Neos Wiseman is better than something is sad.

Mirage Knight and Dark Flare Knight have the best art among the Dark Magician support, but they were utter disappointments.

In conclusion: More fail than Neos.

Dark Magician needs a better ultimate form. I'll say Neos Wiseman is Neos' ultimate form' date=' and Stardust Dragon has an /Assault Mode. And saying Neos Wiseman is better than something is sad.

Mirage Knight and Dark Flare Knight have the best art among the Dark Magician support, but they were utter disappointments.

In conclusion: More fail than Neos.

[/quote']

DM doesn't have an ultimate form, they didn't do that back then with yugi, just kaiba and the blue eyes.

remember, yugi was the hero, and the hero doesn't always have a "boss type" form.

sure, he had alternate forms that came out once in a blue moon, but they were largely just meant to handle that one problem.

and saying that he fails more than neos is not true, the convoluted way that card won duels was so stupid and time consuming, it was just stupid.

just to make neos have to do anything impressive, he had to be combo-ed with at minimum 2 other cards and at least 1 of them a monster.

god, I'm ranting.

anyway, all I really have to say is that DM just needs to be used right, not the way yugi did it exactly, but it is a good starting place.

what does spellbinding circle has to do with Dark Magician?

Yugi used it in compination with Magical Hats, to defeat a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

And people on Wi-Fi tend to make Dark Magician Decks, and use Spell-Binding Circle.

.......They appearently think its a 'good' card.

funk this forum is a dissapointment!

no dm is not a good card, and no amount of theme specific situational supporit is going to change that!

and no! DARK ERADICATOR WARLOCK IS BAD, i made an ftk deck with it, i never ever ftked i never even won once with the bloody thing!, and it was on tagforce 2!!!

f*** this forum is a dissapointment!

no dm is not a good card' date=' and no amount of theme specific situational supporit is going to change that!

and no! DARK ERADICATOR WARLOCK IS BAD, i made an ftk deck with it, i never ever ftked i never even won once with the bloody thing!, and it was on tagforce 2!!!

[/quote']

you made it wrong, plain and simple.

it's easy as pie to do it.

no dm is not a good card' date=' and no amount of theme specific situational supporit is going to change that!

[/quote']

Decklist for that Eradicator Warlock Deck please.

Anyway, yeah. Most if not all the Dark Magician support is terrible. Even its Fusions are terrible.

[/quote']

Decklist for that Eradicator Warlock Deck please.

Anyway, yeah. Most if not all the Dark Magician support is terrible. Even its Fusions are terrible.

a lot of the monster support is crap, but his spells and traps are fairly good.

Archived