Yu-Gi-Oh GX: The Tides of Change |[BASIC] | Ended

Ezio

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man who had transported Liang to this place before he was covered in this armour appeared.

"Liang!" He shouted. He clicked his fingers and Liang was visible once again. "I have given you these powers for a reason. Use them wisely." He said. He then turned around to Jade. "Jade, it is your turn, take my hand" he said as he raised his hand.

"That doesn't matter." he said. "What matters is that when I send you back, you will be different, it will take a while of getting used to, but I know you can do it; you have to." He ended. This unknown man, what did he want? Who was he?

Back at the academy, Yoshi assessed the situation. The fourth wall had been breached. Two people had gone to kill the creator of this world. some random guy in armour took Jade away. He was several thousand miles from the nearest Knight and he needed a plan. While he thought this, he was drawing a large circle in the dirt with a stick

"You're running away?" Asked a voice

"only temporarily. I need a place where I can gather information, as well as power," Yoshi replied

"but they are going to kill a god, how can you contend with that?" asked a second voice

"It's my job to protect this world. Evil deity or fourth wall breaking 'RPer', it's still my job to maintain the status quo. All I need to do is get a power boost, and find out how to find Poseidon and that other guy," Yoshi said. he stood from his markings and began to chant

"over the seas and mountains, deserts and plains, I beseach thee to take me home, Martyr's Reatreat! Knights of the Round Table Headquarters!"

and with that, he was gone.

The walls of the room that Yoshi arrived in was lined with books. The dust was thick in the air. whatever light that came from the world outside was almost pointless. The candles had trouble burning, and those that did set light to the dust particles in the air. It looked like fire flies had populated the room.

At one end of a room, an elderly gentleman sat and flicked through a book

"You come here already? lucan cannot work as fast as you believe," the man said

"Merlin, you know as much as I do that I'm not here for that. I am here to improve myself. Help me be stronger," Yoshi asked.

Merlin sighed

"sit with me. There is something you must know,"

Poseidon stood in a small room with Rafael, the same one Jade had stood in with that, oh so mysterious man. However this man was not here this time. Instead Poseidon faced Rafael.

"Poseidon, you have one more chance, help me destroy Creed." Rafael pleaded.

"I don't know ..." Poseidon said. "How am I supposed to know what is right?"

"Because," Rafael said "you are the chosen one."

"Yes, but only by Creed's will..." Poseidon retorted.

“Many a year ago, the millennium items were used by Atem to seal away a being that threatened to destroy the world. Of course, this means that they hold great power already. I assume that, if things have gotten this far, then it is likely that the individuals in question have been practicing,” Merlin began

“I can agree with that,” Yoshi responded

“Hm, but even with that power, they cannot hope to stop something that has the power that you claim he has. Only by some form of Deus Ex Machina would be able to permit them the power to do so,” the wizard continues, "And if they did, they are the creation of this Creed individual. With Creed Gone, they have no means to advance. They may fade away, or the world around them would simply die before them. They would cause more death and destruction than Creed himself has,"

“But that’s what worries me. They should know that, and even in the world of the creators, Creed has power over their lives, their story line. If he wanted to, Creed may be able to make them kill themselves,” Yoshi explained, “but they went through with it. They must have something up their sleeves,”

“Which brings me to my point. I’m sure that you are aware that you may very well have your own creator,” Merlin says

“Oh... right,” the duellist started, trailing off for a moment

“Now now, don’t fret. They may not be like Creed, you never know. And if they are, then it is possible that Creed isn't evil at all,” reassured Merlin, standing from his seat, “now, I can tell you that no matter what Lucan finds, he won’t be able to tell you more than you already know, aswell as the fact that I cannot teach you more magic, and Lancelot cannot teach you more about the ways of the sword. It’s all down to you. So, this is your most dangerous mission yet. Go and put your ceremonial armour on, and take this,” Merlin hands Yoshi a deck of cards as he says this

“But I have a deck,”

“No, this is the Arthurian deck. This deck goes with the cards you already have. Yoshi. If you get a chance, the time may come to duel these two people. They go to your school, and they follow the rules of the Egyptians. It’s likely that they won’t back down,” the Wizard explained.

Yoshi stared at the cards before him. He couldn’t believe it. the Arthurian cards were specially designed by them and for them to use in times of crisis. Cards that could prove a match for the Egyptian Gods. He gave a nod to the old man before leaving to get his armour on.

He had to protect the Status quo. It was what he was taught to do.

It was what he was born to do.

Jade wondered what had changed about her. She touched her Millennium Necklace, wishing something would happen.

"What the-" She was miraculously flying ... she looked and saw a pair of wings similar to Ancient Fairy Dragon's were on her back. She rose into the air, then suddenly shot forwards, unable to control her speed, and hit a tree.

Rafael saw instantly what Poseidon was thinking; he was becoming too predictable. And so; in responds, he drew out a knife from his back pocket and jumped towards him. Poseidon grabbed Rafael's flailing arm and topped the blade from penetrating his skin. He then began to overpower him; he threw him across the room and caused him to land head over heels, unarmed.

In a burst of light, Yoshi appeared back at the Academy again, dressed head to toe in white steel armour. A long golden cape was attached to his shoulders. The older version of the Duel Disk was strapped to his left arm.

Having seen Jade's new wings, he thought that everyone was doing something... in their own way

"I guess I'm not the only one who has had to change, then?" He said to her

Archived