Official Pokemon Platinum Discussion

Flame Dragon

As many of you know Platinum comes out today.

So who getting the game, and for those of you that have it what are your thoughts?

I'm getting the game in a little bit.

Also do the AR codes for Diamond/Pearl work for Platinum. I'd think they would, but I just want to check.

This thread keeps jumping from Platinum talk to general talk and something needs to be done. The latter of the two should only be talked about in the pokemon thread. If those type of posts keep being posted here I'll start by simply deleting them. If it still continues, I'm going to lock this thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting Platinum sometime in June, after school ends. I don't really care for Platinum except the move tutors, video recording and Battle Frontier.

Most D/P codes work with Platinum, but Pokesav codes do not work with Platinum. You need to download a new version of Pokesav for Platinum.

I don't really see what the hype is. Emerald, in comparison to RS was a good game. It gave new updates, new Pokemon, more accessibility, etc.

Platinum in comparison to DP looks like a carbon copy. The only things they added were in Emerald as well, barring a video recorder. I would rather save my money for the DSi, but I am still gonna get Platinum in June.

The only reason why I want Platinum is 5 New OU Rotom Formes and a Bullet Punch Scizor. :x

I don't really see what the hype is. Emerald' date=' in comparison to RS was a good game. It gave new updates, new Pokemon, more accessibility, etc.

Platinum in comparison to DP looks like a carbon copy. The only things they added were in Emerald as well, barring a video recorder. I would rather save my money for the DSi, but I am still gonna get Platinum in June.

The only reason why I want Platinum is 5 New OU Rotom Formes and a Bullet Punch Scizor. :x

[/quote']

No. Their is a lot of new things here.

The new move sets is a big things as are the gym remakes. Not only that but this is the only game where you can fight gym leader after you beat them. Plus they all have 5 level 60 pokemon. Also the E4 have new pokemon and are at a higher level.

I preordered it, and picked it up today. The little Giratina figure is cool. I've played a little bit, and the beginning story is a lot different. I can't wait to get further in the game. I chose Turtwig. I always do. Once I get my TRU Regigigas over from Pearl, catching Regirock, Regice, and Registeel will be fun.

So who getting the game' date=' and for those of you that have it what are your thoughts?

Also do the AR codes for Diamond/Pearl work for Platinum. I'd think they would, but I just want to check.

[/quote']

Nopez, I already tried and they don't work.

I'm playin' now......

I got it today. Freaking Strategy Guide's 674 Pages. XD

Doh! I forgot to buy the strategy guide... whatever. That's what serebii is for.

In other news' date=' [b']MAGIKARP[/b] is the coolest pokemon ever.

Fixed

It's nice, nice new challenges. I'm doing fine with a Ponyta >_> Seriously, it's the best I've got now, at Level 22

I'm playin' now......

I got it today. Freaking Strategy Guide's 674 Pages. XD

Doh! I forgot to buy the strategy guide... whatever. That's what serebii is for.

In other news' date=' [b']MAGIKARP[/b] is the worst pokemon ever.

Fixed

Fixed

Platinum is cool. so far, my strongest is a level 24 Monferno.

So who getting the game' date=' and for those of you that have it what are your thoughts?

[/quote']

Seeing as how you have the game, I'm trusting you. Damn. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

At least TAG losing his AR today doesn't matter much now.

Also just started playing mine around 7:30

Current team.

Monferno lv15

Budew lv14

Starly lv11

Magikarp lv 9

Badges 1.

[/quote']

Seeing as how you have the game, I'm trusting you. Damn. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

At least TAG losing his AT today doesn't matter much now.

Current team.

Monferno lv15

Budew lv14

Starly lv11

Magikarp lv 9

Badges 1.

AR codes are already out. Check Google.

[/quote']

At least TAG losing his AT today doesn't matter much now.

Current team.

Monferno lv15

Budew lv14

Starly lv11

Magikarp lv 9

Badges 1.

AR codes are already out. Check Google.

I would think so just AR codes are a bit of a pain to put in. Add on the fact that TAG is lazier then me and yea. Those codes won't be going on for some time.

Archived