Official Pokemon Platinum Discussion

Flame Dragon

Flame you read my earlier post?

Yea.

Yes. They increased the difficulty in this game for once.

Touhoumon is still harder though. I actually lost the first battle against my rival.

I know. I mean the cpu uses X Items.

The first battle sucks because he always uses the attack or defence drop first then attacks. I faced him 3 times (trying to get a good nature for my starter) and lost once.

The X Items thing sounds interesting but my Pokes would be too high of level for that to make a difference, I like to be about 10 levels ahead of gym leader Pokes and roughly the same at the E4.

I find it strange that you lost to what's his face though. If you were versing Piplup surely it was just a case of using Scratch until Piplup died, unless he landed a crit you'd be hitting harder than Piplup would.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flame you read my earlier post?

Yea.

Yes. They increased the difficulty in this game for once.

Touhoumon is still harder though. I actually lost the first battle against my rival.

I know. I mean the cpu uses X Items.

The first battle sucks because he always uses the attack or defence drop first then attacks. I faced him 3 times (trying to get a good nature for my starter) and lost once.

The X Items thing sounds interesting but my Pokes would be too high of level for that to make a difference' date=' I like to be about 10 levels ahead of gym leader Pokes and roughly the same at the E4.

I find it strange that you lost to what's his face though. If you were versing Piplup surely it was just a case of using Scratch until Piplup died, unless he landed a crit you'd be hitting harder than Piplup would.

[/quote']

I'm normally under leveled when I go to the E4. In my Diamond my team was around level 50.

Here's what happened. He used Scrath and he used Growl so my attacks ended up doing crap and his attacks had enough power to kill me in 4 shots. I think he always does this too since in a vid of the first he did the Status move 6 times in a row and every time I faced him he did the same. Well, side from once when he attack and then did that.

>_>. I'm mad. Back in diamond I got the 4th badge before the thrid and I wanted to do this again, but no. The path is blocked. That isn't cool.

I have five badges' date=' and my strongest pokemon is only a Level 30 Jolteon. No hacks used.........yet......

[/quote']

Lol. Hacks shouldn't be used until you beat it at least once. My strongest currently is my Lv 39 Floatzel. Trained him on Iron Island because I thought the 6th Gym was going to be hard, turns out I was wrong. It was extremely easy.

Guest Tiger

I got it the day it came out. Man, the game is so fun!

The second gym really changed a lot!

I just beat the second gym.

This is my team:

Prinplup - Lv. 21

Luxio - Lv. 21

Budew - Lv. 20

Ponyta - Lv. 20

Gastly - Lv. 18

Just took out Volkner.

So far the only thing I had trouble with was defeating Wake, because I was only training my Infernape at the time.

Here's my 8 Badges Team:

Infernape lv. 65

Starapter lv. 55

Quagsire lv. 50

Gyrados lv. 51

HM Slave (forgot to switch it before I challenged the gym) lv. 28

Electibuzz lv 45 ( just caught it)

Wake was a bit of a pain since I forgot his Floatzel had Ice Fang and he was able to one shot my Roselia. I could have won with my team since I had HP recovering items up the @$$. Still I reset to get my Rose another level. Main problem with the team was that I didn't have an electric attack this time so his Gyarados is a pain to take out without an Electric or Rock attack.

So here is my team soon after the battle

Infernape 36

Staraptor 35

Gyarado 32

Roselia 33

HM slave 10

Wake was a bit of a pain since I forgot his Floatzel had Ice Fang and he was able to one shot my Roselia. I could have won with my team since I had HP recovering items up the @$$. Still I reset to get my Rose another level. Main problem with the team was that I didn't have an electric attack this time so his Gyarados is a pain to take out without an Electric or Rock attack.

Infernape 36

Staraptor 35

Gyarado 32

Roselia 33

HM slave 10

Yeah.

I had a Tangala and Roselia on my team (don't ask).

I lost once, went back and bought 30 revives and some super potions. Yeah.

Infernape 36

Staraptor 35

Gyarado 32

Roselia 33

HM slave 10

Yeah.

I lost once' date=' went back and bought 30 revives and some super potions. Yeah.

[/quote']

The more I think about my team the more I think I need to get another pokemon. I know I'm going to add on a Mamoswine, but I don't know who else to add. also roselia sucks so much. I need Roserade, but I need to wait to get it better moves. >_>. I did I catch it?

When can you get revives? I've only gotten two so far.

Infernape 36

Staraptor 35

Gyarado 32

Roselia 33

HM slave 10

Yeah.

I lost once' date=' went back and bought 30 revives and some super potions. Yeah.

[/quote']

The more I think about my team the more I think I need to get another pokemon. I know I'm going to add on a Mamoswine, but I don't know who else to add. also roselia sucks so much. I need Roserade, but I need to wait to get it better moves. >_>. I did I catch it?

They sell them in the stores. I know Pastoria and beyond sells them.

I beat Mayline in 1 try. You guys made her seem hard...

How could she be hard? It's the same teams as in Diamond and Pearl' date=' only a bit stronger.

Infernape 36

Staraptor 35

Gyarado 32

Roselia 33

HM slave 10

Yeah.

[/quote']

They sell them in the stores. I know Pastoria and beyond sells them.

I'm an idiot. >_>. I rarely go into the PokeMarts.

I'm at Victory Road =D

I have 7 badges now. I'm going to Mt. Coronet soon for the final confrontation.

My team currently is:

Lv 37 Torterra

Lv 39 Houndoom

Lv 40 Alakazam

Lv 40 Floatzel

Lv 39 Staraptor

Lv 40 Luxray

I need to train some more before the Elite 4.

Replace the Houndoom with a Rapidash and that would be my team =P

Archived