Digimon: Hopeless Paradise (Discontinued)

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to Heimdall? You accepted him and it's Heimdall' job to help humans enter the digital world and help then get used to it if they are successful.

Wouldn't he be the one overseeing the inter-realm transfer?

Quint reminds me of Raistlin. Not that you know him. He's a mage in dragonlance novels.

Physically far weaker than his twin brother, Caramon, a strong and skilled warrior and swordsman, Raistlin makes up for this deficiency with a high intelligence and skills in the magic, the height of which never ceases to shock his companions throughout the first quest, as more and more of his great power becomes apparent.

A torn individual, Raistlin exhibits a strong superiority complex (as far as his power in magic and his intelligence were concerned), and knows nothing of true loyalty (although, despite this, Raistlin usually keeps his promises and pays his debts). He only follows Tanis Half-Elven, the unofficial leader of the companions, because he feels that doing so will ultimately benefit him (he even says in one of the chronicles: "I'm not following them. We are only on the same path"). He is also condescending, extremely resentful regarding his lack of physical strength and often relies on his twin brother for support. This generates feelings of resentment and jealousy more than feelings of affection and gratitude. To be exact, Raistlin harbors a secret hate for his twin’s physical power, and for the attention and comradeship it seems to earn him, which Raistlin’s own appearance and secretive nature denies him.

These factors ultimately culminate in Raistlin’s turn to evil, donning the Black Robes of evil wizards (those who worshiped the Black Moon, Nuitari), and, through a deadly deal he made in his youth with an ancient and legendary Archmage of terrible power, Fistandantilus, eventually rises to become the most powerful mortal on Krynn who will one day seek to become a god himself.

Contrary to his usual nature, Raistlin holds a soft spot for others who are treated poorly because of weaknesses that are not their fault (such as gully dwarves). He identifies with such people, and is thus quick to help them as he is quick to help himself. There are also rare instances when Raistlin feels genuine regret that he cannot return to the times of his childhood, when he was capable of feeling love. This is somewhat of a regular occurrence throughout the saga, and to a large degree adds to his relative depth. It could be said that Raistlin's magic is a compensation for the things that he feels he can never have. He nurses his magic, because it gives him a sense of satisfaction, a sense of self-worth, that he the frail, weak, ridiculed, detested brother has something to which he and he alone can claim superiority. To maintain this sense of self-satisfaction however, he must attain greater and greater levels of mastery in his art in order to feel at peace with himself.

What happened to Heimdall? You accepted him and it's Heimdall' job to help humans enter the digital world and help then get used to it if they are successful.

Wouldn't he be the one overseeing the inter-realm transfer?

Quint reminds me of Raistlin. Not that you know him. He's a mage in dragonlance novels.

Physically far weaker than his twin brother' date=' Caramon, a strong and skilled warrior and swordsman, Raistlin makes up for this deficiency with a high intelligence and skills in the magic, the height of which never ceases to shock his companions throughout the first quest, as more and more of his great power becomes apparent.

A torn individual, Raistlin exhibits a strong superiority complex (as far as his power in magic and his intelligence were concerned), and knows nothing of true loyalty (although, despite this, Raistlin usually keeps his promises and pays his debts). He only follows Tanis Half-Elven, the unofficial leader of the companions, because he feels that doing so will ultimately benefit him (he even says in one of the chronicles: "I'm not following them. We are only on the same path"). He is also condescending, extremely resentful regarding his lack of physical strength and often relies on his twin brother for support. This generates feelings of resentment and jealousy more than feelings of affection and gratitude. To be exact, Raistlin harbors a secret hate for his twin’s physical power, and for the attention and comradeship it seems to earn him, which Raistlin’s own appearance and secretive nature denies him.

These factors ultimately culminate in Raistlin’s turn to evil, donning the Black Robes of evil wizards (those who worshiped the Black Moon, Nuitari), and, through a deadly deal he made in his youth with an ancient and legendary Archmage of terrible power, Fistandantilus, eventually rises to become the most powerful mortal on Krynn who will one day seek to become a god himself.

Contrary to his usual nature, Raistlin holds a soft spot for others who are treated poorly because of weaknesses that are not their fault (such as gully dwarves). He identifies with such people, and is thus quick to help them as he is quick to help himself. There are also rare instances when Raistlin feels genuine regret that he cannot return to the times of his childhood, when he was capable of feeling love. This is somewhat of a regular occurrence throughout the saga, and to a large degree adds to his relative depth. It could be said that Raistlin's magic is a compensation for the things that he feels he can never have. He nurses his magic, because it gives him a sense of satisfaction, a sense of self-worth, that he the frail, weak, ridiculed, detested brother has something to which he and he alone can claim superiority. To maintain this sense of self-satisfaction however, he must attain greater and greater levels of mastery in his art in order to feel at peace with himself.

[/quote']

I might have read that. If not, I seriously have to.

I'm not saying he should get some screen time, I'm saying he should have appeared already. Somehow =/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol' date=' chapter still seemed rather short compared to other ff lengths. Oh well.

Good overall.

Lance seems like a dick, lol

[/quote']

I'm not one to write very long stories. Not something I'm used to.

I used your application to help me along with the chapter, and I got the idea that I shouldn't make him seem like that much of a nice guy, so I figured I'd make him the token jerkass.

Putting Daniel with Sheena was dead-on perfect. (Can't believe I didn't see that one coming.) I wonder how those too will work it out.

I did kind of want to expand on that scene' date=' but I couldn't think of anything. I at least wanted to introduce her in this chapter.

I predict that these trials won't be easy.

And I also believe that Lance & Derek will have alot of trouble of getting along, if things go on this way.

Of course.

W00t' date=' Quint and Yuusuke, awesome.

You played him well. :3

[/quote']

Thanks. I actually enjoyed his scenes quite a lot.

Archived