Let's talk about Brionac.

This card is the reason for the banning of Premature Burial

Arms Hole and Giant Trunade also contribute to Premature Burial's brokeness too but Premature Burial is banworthy with or without the existence of Arms Hole' date=' Brionac and Giant Trunade anyhow. 800 Life Points is a laughable cost for generic self recurrsion.

[/quote']

Then again, Konami probably wouldn't have banned Premature Burial had it not been for the combos with Brionac, because, well, they're Konami.

Arms Hole and Giant Trunade also contribute to Premature Burial's brokeness too but Premature Burial is banworthy with or without the existence of Arms Hole' date=' Brionac and Giant Trunade anyhow. 800 Life Points is a laughable cost for generic self recurrsion.

[/quote']

Then again, Konami probably wouldn't have banned Premature Burial had it not been for the combos with Brionac, because, well, they're Konami.

Maybe but Konami aren't exactly the wisest when it comes to ban list changes.

[/quote']

Maybe but Konami aren't exactly the wisest when it comes to ban list changes.

Not at all. I'm not seeing any "maybe" about it here though, Konami's unbanning of Monster Reborn was proof of Premature being banned only due to combos with other cards. They wouldn't ban it SOLELY for its being a generic revival card and unban Reborn. Otherwise Reborn would still be banned, as it should obviously.

Brionac should definitely be at 3 or 0, although in 3 OR 0 is the question. Its effect allows for a temporary, yet huge field presence advantage. Like, problematically huge, considering how dangerous it can be late game, and how easily it finishes. On the flip side, you're still -Xing yourself, X being how many cards you discard. This can really suck for you if you CAN'T finish.

My opinion: 0. It was made specifically for finishing duels, and puts your opponent at the mercy of the number of cards in your hand. There's nothing they can really do about it.

In my opinion, this card should go to the Banned. See, Limited has no use because most guys don't have 2 or more unless they are more richer then most guys. I'm one of the richer but still I have only 1, and I have found it is too strong and "rottens the game". Yes, I do win a lot with it, but at the same time it destroys the "fun of the game".

[spoiler=epic quote]

Sometimes, new treasures need to be send back to the treasure chest in order to not destroy the cave the chest was in.

It should be banned. they should have either made it less splashable, or but a cap on how many times it's effect can be used; like gungir, but they gave it both and now it isn't as good.

brionac has so many devistating possiblities, him + Ojamagic = some serious card removal

I say ban it. it is far to easy to use up your hand advantage to kill your opponent's field right before you finish the game, the only things that could really stop it from killing you are wabaku and roar, and maybe compulstory, but you can't wait with that one, and you still might lose that one card that could save you.

it's only purpose is to open both players up to finish the game, which hurts the game as a whole since then it defeats the user as easily as it defeats the opponent since it only sends the cards back.

I'd say that since it sends them back, it's a fair effect, but it doesn't make for good gameplay when it kills one player or the other in the next few turns.

its easy to say ban i because of its devastating late game, but then we can apply the same thing to dsf ( even though thats borderline whether it broken or not. )

to make it fun im going to argue with with the opposite view that brio should be at three.

lets first talk about cards that it associated with brionac that have led to the assumption that brio is broken;

-rescue cat: this is arguably broken, because of is synergy for 1 for 1 synchroing. so why do we not "drown the cat" to limit its splashiblity in the game. because it would be using more of your advantage to field clear your opponent.

-premature burial: this was its biggest problem to be fair, because it could loop and then abuse. however this engine required 3 cards (this,cosr,prem), and with prem banned, and cosr limited (where lots of people believe this should be at 0) theirs no way to mass swarm and field clear for game.

now lets talk about the bad point to the user of this card;

- its an over extender, in field and hand advantage. That in itself will punish anyone who tries to abuse its effect and fails to win that turn. and during your opponents turn, your opponent an easily take control of it to use the effect on you ( i know im suggesting the brio is only game ender ) which in itself should limit the over using of its effect to become dangerous.

it does promote otks "but on a good list", that wouldnt happen often would in thus this would mearly provide a monster compulsory evac synchro, im sure on a goo dlist card advantage would probably be more important having the chances of beign lucksaked massivly decreased, so this card would probably be used as some mild monster removal and i wouldnt see this beign used for a full field clear for an otk

so yhea 3 "on a good list"

Personally I think it should be banned.

Having a level 9 sycnhro only increases the toolbox.

And also the fact that broniac is broken. That helps to.

Now you can just dump a mali and e-tele a psy comander for a insta-broniac. How easy.

It would sure be fun at noob-swarm-decks that take 3 turns to get 5 monsters.

:D

This is probably the dumbest post you've ever made ever.

Brionac is a level 6.

He gave a wrong example' date=' but his statement is valid. Brionac is insanely easy to summon. You jst summon Kitty and you are done.

And it makes no sensne to limit him. You don't need to draw him and you need only 1 for an OTK. He must be banned.

[/quote']

All synchros are insanely easy to summon. That means nothing. Part of the Kitty combo should be banned, so that isn't a problem on a good list.

Why does he need to be banned. His effect is limited to the resources you have in hand. Plus the cards you target aren't destroyed, mealy returned to the hand so you’re the only one losing advantage from the effect. Add on having a meager attack of 2300 meaning most other level 6 monsters can run over him and alone he only does a bit over ¼ damage from a direct attack.

Yes he’s effect can win games late game, but this can be said about mainly other cards.

1) Way too easy to Summon. Catting is enough.

2) Way too easy to bounce opponent. This card, plus some sheet that you can Summon from the Grave way too easy, could be a game breaker.

3) Why do we care? It's OCG only. And we've got Chainables.

4) How many times can you Synchro 6 during a Duel? How many of those times will you prefer this over Goyo? Exactly.

Conclusion: Ban the witch!

1) Way too easy to Summon. Catting is enough.

All synchro's are easy to summon. On a good list part of the cat combo is banned.

2) Way too easy to bounce opponent. This card' date=' plus some s*** that you can Summon from the Grave way too easy, could be a game breaker.

[b']How is it to easy? You loss one your opponent loss one. Not only that but your limited to what you have in hand so it isn't easy. On a good list the only group of monsters that can summon easy from the grave are Zombie's, and their your limited to the size of your beatsticks. Also if you count the cards need for Brionac's effect and, lets say Zombie Master you'll be out of your hand before you can get enough force on the field to OTK. Hell even with 3 Zombie Masters and a Brionac you're still 300 points off from an OTK.[/b]

3) Why do we care? It's OCG only. And we've got Chainables.

Ban lists look at all cards. If anything that works for keeping Brionac.

4) How many times can you Synchro 6 during a Duel? How many of those times will you prefer this over Goyo? Exactly.

Again now your saying why we should keep Brionac. Most of the time you will only go for Brionac if it's time for you to make the kill. All other times you'll go for Goyo are some other level 6. Also just because he can make a kill doesn't add to his banworthyness since many cards can do that given the right set up.

This card deserves to be Limited at 1 per Deck.

Although it's effect would promote OTKs' date=' it deserves a chance to see what will happen. If it gets too out-of-hand, just ban it

[/quote']

Putting it to 1 changes nothing. The reason people say "put it to 1" is because it makes it harder to get in any given duel. With synchro's this isn't the case since they can come out at any given point.

Archived