Rule Change! Special Summoned monsters have Summoning Sickness.

Cards that can't be special summoned wouldn't be looked down upon so much for one thing, they wouldn't really be regarded exactly as slow anymore. As said before, Monarchs would essentially be the top deck in the entire game and the entire current metagame as we know it would be entirely different.

The game would be ruined' date=' most good cards would be useless, people would go play Magic or Pokemon TCG instead, etc.

[/quote']

People would go play Magic because they want to avoid Summoning Sickness?

I think the not being able to activate ignition effects until your next Standby Phase would be fair' date=' but not being able to attack either? That's over the top.

[/quote']

Merely being unable to activate Ignition Effects would not have sufficient impact (although sealing the abilities of Dark Armed Dragon, Judgment Dragoon, Dark Strike Fighter, and Brionac for a turn would be rather nice), since it still allows for quick swarm OTK's and far too many powerful Special Summonable monsters have non-Ignition effects anyhow - for example, Gladiator Beasts would be largely unaffected, losing nothing more than Test Tiger.

I think the not being able to activate ignition effects until your next Standby Phase would be fair' date=' but not being able to attack either? That's over the top.

[/quote']

Merely being unable to activate Ignition Effects would not have sufficient impact (although sealing the abilities of Dark Armed Dragon, Judgment Dragoon, Dark Strike Fighter, and Brionac for a turn would be rather nice), since it still allows for quick swarm OTK's and far too many powerful Special Summonable monsters have non-Ignition effects anyhow - for example, Gladiator Beasts would be largely unaffected, losing nothing more than Test Tiger.

This is true, conversely however, I think that when you look at the contrast of how much more Decks like Little City, Gadgets, and Monarchs can benefit from full-on "Summon Sickness" being put into place than Gladiator Beasts can benefit from the softcore variant of "Summon Sickness", I think it's something to think about if we're going to put this into place.

Besides, Gladiator Beasts would never see the light of day again if we're to impose on them the extreme variant you're suggesting.

[/quote']

This is true, conversely however, I think that when you look at the contrast of how much more Decks like Little City, Gadgets, and Monarchs can benefit from full-on "Summon Sickness" being put into place than Gladiator Beasts can benefit from the softcore variant of "Summon Sickness", I think it's something to think about if we're going to put this into place.

Ah, but you're forgetting two very important things:

1) I like Gadgets.

2) I'm trying to rip off Magic as directly as possible here.

So yeah.

Besides' date=' Gladiator Beasts would never see the light of day again if we're to impose on them the extreme variant you're suggesting.

[/quote']

Gladiator Beasts actually don't get hurt as badly as you might think by the full version. When they tag in after the Battle Phase, they still get their Trigger effects, and by the time another of your Battle Phases comes around, a Standby Phase will have already occurred and so they won't lose the chance to attack. And Darius's effect already gives Summoning Sickness to its target anyhow, so that isn't changed. The only ones that get hit badly are Test Tiger (whom the weakened version murders anyhow) and Gyzarus (to which I say "good riddance").

Archived