Infinite Stories: The Falling of Existence [Started! Would like two more Ancestors and one more Unlimited]

Encalade Shinamisu

OOC: The whole point is not to go through with it immediately, otherwise it is powerplay if you force an attack unto someone. You either take the attack or state that it didn't effect you. You did neither, creating a paradox in the RP, let's start back from me attacking your hand, you tell me what your character does in response and we can finish this the right way...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooc: Not to mention that you can't run or do much at all in a grapple and Dante never escaped it. However he tried to chop your hand which would either have knocked it off or you would have to let go in time, since even blind you can still hit what is touching you.

However if you have a stab wound in your chest how can you survive or at least be able to gather the energy to perform a grapple with the strength that you mentioned? Espically since he used so much of his life force on his attacks before plus the black flames you used in the grapple and energy must not count as life force since Dante is not weak and it still works. Basically you have a large wound, definitly lethal, likely fatal and you persist on using attacks that make your life span go down. And you have a drill going for your chest. Techniqly you should have died from the life force you initaly have to sacrifice to perform energy drain.

OOC: Darkness isn't a big drain, but i'll take the compromise.

IC: Panik still clung to his face, but could feel a weakness from the stab wound. He felt Dante's blade impale his arm through the armour joint, forcing Panik to toss him to the ground. Panik took a few steps back, but the blade was still sticking out of the joint. Panik tore it out with a grisly sound emanating and he tossed it at Dante's feet. 'Clever, most victims merely wriggle in my iron grip. You'll be a worthy kill' Panik hissed.

Sen slowly worked his way through the throngs of people in the city.

No signs of anyone here... It's been a week already and there haven't been any attempts to destroy the city. Bloody Ancestors and their "The void is true happiness!" routine. How ridiculous.

Sen observed the faces of all of the people. He closed his eyes and reached out with his heart.

He had the strange ability to sense what somebody else was feeling. He often used this in his search for Ancestors. They had this undescribable emotion in their hearts that drove them to do what they do. He knew it well, because he'd crossed paths with many Ancestors previously. Most of them he struck down. A few got away from him.

I'm not sensing any Ancestral around here... He even had a name for the emotion. The "Ancestral" emotion.

Once he confirmed the absence of any Ancestors in a city, Sen would travel to the next town, continuing the hunt. In all of his travels, though, he met no other Unlimited warriors. Odd, but he figured they might have stayed out of sight. It is best to fight with the element of surprise, as Sen knew very well himself.

"All clear here..."

He ventured off to the West, where the roads split into two directions. There had once been a sign to show the names of the cities, but had long since been dilapidated beyong recognition.

Above one of the cities was a strangely lit sky, and he could sense a strong sense of Ancestral in that direction.

"To go there could possibly be suicide..."

He let out a sigh.

"Then again, what do I have to look forward to in life?" He stepped forward, ready to go meet the bearer of this horrible feeling.

And possibly kill yet another being.

"Let it be. Your battle is not going to finish here just yet. I will drive your armies back today, so that we may see tommorrow. All Unlimited, grab on to something!"

He rallied the nanobots with all of his concentration, and having them repair the sky, of it's tears, closing the gates that allowed more beasts in. He stepped back, and a bow transformed in his hand. He drew his other hand back, and blue energy glowed in his drawn back hand...

"Photon bow!"

Two shots of energy bounced back and forth between nanobots, whom aimed the shots at all of the flying beasts, fatally wounding their group. The other Ancestor enemies, he had another plan for.

"For the grand Finale! I present to you, my most useful attack! Hole!"

He lifted one hand, as if calling to his nanobots...

"You helped me with this one, I'll let you know. Look on the bright side, you are getting credit for this!"

His hand collected a black energy, not dark, but the absence of light. He threw it in front of his opponents, and there, a hole appeared, where all light was being sucked in...

"Push the enemies to the hole! They will not die, but they will not bother us for awhile!"

He looked to his opponent, knowing that they would not finish this battlke today, but another day...

"Another day, you shall die."

The hole was pulling in everything around them, this would be hard for anyone to dodge, and as they spoke, the whole town, and all inhabitants were pulled in. Everything gone, wiped off of the face of Terra.

"Where am I?"

Dante appeared in another place. More like awoke. There were 5 others with him. He wondered what kind of place this was. It was like a peaceful forest. For some reason, he couldn't remember what the outcome of that battle was. Just that there was a battle, and then he blacked out.

"Who are you people?"

He looked to the odd and diverse group of people, all whom he recognized as Unlimited, as they all bore symbols. There were no nanobots in the sky, just a few in his gauntlet for emergencies...

"Damn, low on supplies..."

He's finally made it into the hellhole of this unnamed city. He finally reached the borders. Ready to start the hunt for the Ancestors, he'd been surprised by the sudden feeling of being vacuumed up.

"W-What the hell...?!" He tried grabbing onto a sign, but it gave way and he felt himself being sucked away.

His head got smashed into a rather heavy rock, and before he could tell whether or not he was doomed to be sucked into the void, he lost consciousness...

When Solez awoke again, he'd recognized the strong scent of the trees. His freakishly strong sense of smell sensed many different breeds of trees, and as his eyes opened, the plethora of green beauty assaulted the senses.

Another thing he'd smelled was metal. Turning around, he saw the source -- a rather strong-looking man who looked just as confused as he did. Other than Solez and the metal-smelling man, four other people were in the forest with him.

Solez backed up, reachnig behind for his pistol.

"Who are you? Who brought me here?"

Panik growled as the city was gone, he was left in a dismal crater. He looked up and the ksy and made an odd call. One of the beasts seen earlier flew from the horizen and landed near him. 'So, that fool destroyed almost everything he had to stop the armies of the Ancestors. So be it, I will return to base to report my findings' he reported to the beast. It took off into the air, and he cradled his wounded arm.

Dante reacted quick, noticing another alarmed and confused ally. He whipped out his hand and aimed a cannon at the man. He set it to stun/shock setting. There , he shot for the man's mid-center and knocked the gun a few feet behind him.

"Don't you use that just yet. We are not the enemy. We are all Unlimited. We were fighting our enemies. Something happened. I blacked out, and we are here now..."

Dante retracted most of his weapons. He had a few scars on him and needed to repair...

He felt so out of place when his nanobots answered his command and repaired him fully. He still felt a burning singe in his shoulder, where he was struck. That blade's magic still remained, and his nanobots were not enough to cancel the magic...

"I am Dante Damien the twelfth, and whom are you?"

Sen looked at the metal-smelling man.

"We're all... Unlimited...?" He'd never met another Unlimited before. This was a first. "Honestly, I was beginning to suspect I was the only one, now." He turned around to grab his gun. Aware that the man might think of this as a hostile gesture, he quickly replaced it at the side holster on his waist, then raised his arms up. "I won't attack anymore... as long as I know we are indeed allies."

Sen turned around, and began walking closer to the man. "Interesting..." He observed that somehow the man was healing himself... possibly regeneration? But that would most likely mean...

"Are you... human? Or a machine?"

Right as Kelothar was about to slash the swordsman, his target dissappeared into thin air.

"WHAT?!?! Coward!!! Come fight me you worthless dog!!!" Kelothar screamed in a fit to rage. Needing an outlet for his anger, Kelothar rampaged through the city, destroying everything in his wake.

OOC: City is gone, nothing is left of it...

IC:

"That depends. What marks man and machine? Is there a boundary, a specific place where one is just stuck in between? I am still organic, but am partially made of these..."

He lifted his right hand, as the nanobots in his hand swarmed around, as if chasing each other in a circle. He was quite practically on the boundary. The only thing keeping him living is the nanobots. Although they too, are technically organic, they make up 25% of his body, thanks to the many battles he has had. These same nanobots he created have magnificent powers, but he is also dependent on them. He would be dead without them, seeing as they are now part of his flesh. Although his flesh looked normal, it was indeed partially organic nanobots.

"I still am mostly organic, for what it counts. I am a living being, not fully machine, but they are who I am. They are a part of me. Now, I don't think it is best not knowing whom is whom. Everyone give some names..."

Cutesy was not happy with what just happened. He jumped up and down like someone just ate a piece of candy that he promised was Cutesy's. "That is not fair, he tweated! Tweater! Tweeaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttteeeeeeeeerrrrrrr!" Eventually this tired out Cutesy and he stopped screaming mispronuced accusations against Dante and sat down and ate a Evil Snickers. Once he finished, Cutesy paced as he wondered what to do...

Finally coming to a conclusion Cutesy took a energy tracker with him and used a teleporter to travel to Panik's location. Unfortunitly since Panik was in mid air Cutesy fell down. Cutesy however manged to land safely and jumped using his suprising strength and landed on a beast flying near Panik.

Once thier Cutesy jumped excitedly like he did a great thing (annoying the beast to no end) and was just waiting for praise. He waved his arms to get Panik's attention. "Mr Panik! Mr Panik! That man tweated! But Cutsy took the shiny light-a-madobber! If you use this you can track down the tweater!" Cutsy said excitedly, though he said it too fast due to his excitement and it came out as "MrPanikMrPanikThatmantweatedButCutsytooktheshinylight-a-madobberIfyouusethisyoucantrackdownthetweater!" Exhausted Cutesy sat down and weakly holded out the glowing tracker.

Maeya looked surprised as she saw she was now in a forest. Although the habitat felt much more natural to her, she was still cautious. She changed into a rabbit and streaked through the forest, using her nose as a guide. She could smell food, but most importantly, she could smell something which didn't belong ... other people, machines and humans alike. She kept running, leaving paw marks behind. Finally she came to a halt as she saw a group of people. She took one long sniff and sensed they were also with the Unlimited. Cautiously she hopped into the area, keeping a distance, and watched them keenly.

Venith woke up in the clearing of a forest of evergreens. He lay on his back, his eyes closed, and his sword in his hand, in the center of the clearing as sun shone down upon him. The light awoke him, and he sat up. He looked around to see he was not where he was before. He then smiled and said "Well, I guess it was a dream. That means machine isn't as strong as it really is. Well, maybe it is, and perhaps this wasn't a dream. Despite me being raised in the forest, I could never sleep in the grass no matter how tired I was! Something must've happened. I must be imagining things. I guess I'll just go home." He shrugged and got on his knees, and then his feet. He put his sword into the sheath on his left hip, and tried to figure out where his house was. The forest was so thick, he couldn't see 12 feet from his current spot.

"We must get out of here. I have not much time for the games you play."

Dante started to hike uphill. He wished to get a better view, he had not enough nanobots to lift him into the air. He concentrated the few he had with him for vision. He noticed a peaceful town, that which looked very organized and welcoming.

He looked to his group. He did not want to leave them out here...

"Well, will you join me or not? There is a town up ahead, Northeast. It doesn't look very advanced, but still, better than nothing..."

Panik accepted the tracker and quelled Cutesy with a wave of his hand. 'Enough for now Cutesy. A Technopath is a decadent creature. They rely on their nanotech for a multitude of objectives, such as basic body repairs and weaponry upgrades. If said nanotech is lost, they're effectively useless. I am certain you hate the 'tweating' nanotech right? Well then, maybe you should make it your goal to remove all of his nanos then' he suggested. Panik shifted is injured hand slowly to test how much it works.

Maeya decided to follow them. She leapt and changed into an eagle. Her wings snapped open when she was barely centimeters from the ground, and she swooped upwards, gliding until she perched on the hill next to Dante.

"I'll come," she said in English. "I suppose having a Voxnii on your side would be useful, no?" She looked up at him.

Venith was suprised at the thickness of the woods he was in. Not only that, he didn't recognize the woods he was in. Especially with nature, he was always familiar with the areas around him. He looked puzzled as he stared at the trees, trying to find something around that signified a familar area. He simply shrugged and said "Well, I guess I have to go by instinct then." He thought for a moment, looking around at all the trees, rocks, grass, and plants for some kind of signal that would tell him what direction that was. He remembered something about using his inner magick abilities as a compass, or something of that nature. He wasn't entirely sure it would work, but he decided to give it a try.

He drew his sword with his right hand, and gripped it with both hands. He pointed it in front of him, and closed his eyes. He focused all his energy into it, and it glew with a green aura. It began to move and shake, and suddenly, it spun around counter-clockwise very quickly, and it finally began to slow down. At that moment, it spun clockwise very quickly, and Venith was tossed around like a rag doll. It finall stopped spinning, and the green aura disappeared. He sighed heavily and said "Great, it didn't work." He then picked his head up proudly, and said "Come on! You're Venith, one of the greatest thinkers in your village and where you grew up, and still are! You'll think of something!"

Archived