Its so Hot yet so Cold :S [EPIC DISCO]

The sun and moon dragons have been comfirmed :D

http://manjyomethunder.twoday.net/stories/5869494/

(I'm kinda' too lazy to look for a Weesh Comic)

But I kinda' saw this comming.

I mean its the perfect way to include them.

Even though Moon Dragon's Synchro Requirements and/or effect will just be too rediculous to be even worth playing :/

But it would be pretty cool if you got them both out ;)

What do they do?

When the Sun Dragon dies in battle, whatever killed it dies and the opponent gets burned for that monster's ATK. The Moon Dragon revives itself when the Sun Dragon dies, and it kills itself on the End Phase. The Moon Dragon also revives the Sun Dragon when it's destroyed by battle or card effect.

I'm hoping for no nerf, kthx.

I think they nefer sun dragons-

Let me stop you right there. K?

Lets take a look at Sun Dragon's origional effect:

Once during either player's turn' date=' you can make the ATK of this card 0 until the End Phase. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, destroy the monster that destroyed it, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK.[/quote']

First off, the "Once during either player's turn, you can make the ATK of this card 0 until the End Phase." part of the effect makes it way too obveious what you are doing, and would be easily countered.

2nd, the "When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard" part means that cant be as abusable as you think. Since in this meta, monster destruction is used left to right.

Finally, the "destroy the monster that destroyed it, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK." part of the effect means you will end up giving yourself a -3, in order to inflict semi-decent damage. And while were at it, you would STILL take damage, even if you used the 1st effect. So pretty much, you would be pointlessly -3ing yourself.

Basicly, its effect is only really good for an awkard finisher.

[spoiler=tl;dr]

20090824.gif

You might as well leave it at a 3000ATK level8 beatstick.

Arm' date=' the Moon Dragon's revival cycle[/quote']

^You do realize, that ALL of the Dark Synchro's Sumoning Conditions + effects were rediculously weakened, right^

So the Moon Dragon is pretty much whats going to mess it up even more.

They have to leave the effect pretty much intact to NOT kill the concept behind it:

As the Sun sets' date=' the Moon rises. Nothing can stop this endless cycle![/quote']

The other Dark Synchros were left with effects similar to their concept (OHED NEEDED to be nerfed). Also, as you showed yourself, there's no real reason to nerf this time.

I think they nefer sun dragons-

Let me stop you right there. K?

Lets take a look at Sun Dragon's origional effect:

Once during either player's turn' date=' you can make the ATK of this card 0 until the End Phase. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, destroy the monster that destroyed it, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK.[/quote']

First off, the "Once during either player's turn, you can make the ATK of this card 0 until the End Phase." part of the effect makes it way too obveious what you are doing, and would be easily countered.

2nd, the "When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard" part means that cant be as abusable as you think. Since in this meta, monster destruction is used left to right.

Finally, the "destroy the monster that destroyed it, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK." part of the effect means you will end up giving yourself a -3, in order to inflict semi-decent damage. And while were at it, you would STILL take damage, even if you used the 1st effect. So pretty much, you would be pointlessly -3ing yourself.

Basicly, its effect is only really good for an awkard finisher.

[spoiler=tl;dr]

20090824.gif

You might as well leave it at a 3000ATK level8 beatstick.

I agree. They won't nerf the Sun Dragon so badly if they do decide to. They'll definitely nerf the Moon Dragon though. They'll probably do one or more of the following things to Moon.:

• 1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Rock-type monsters (SSotLG was a DARK Rock)

• 1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK monsters (It kinda works with the moon theme)

• Cost of 1000 Life Points to revive either or both of the monsters

• Make it so that it can't be summoned if Sun Dragon Inti is destroyed by battle

• Make it so it can't summon Sun Dragon Inti if Moon Dragon itself is destroyed in battle

Did I miss any?

^You do realize, that ALL of the Dark Synchro's Sumoning Conditions + effects were rediculously weakened, right^

They have to leave the effect pretty much intact to NOT kill the concept behind it:

I didnt say "kill the effect", I said "rediculously weaken it" meaning it obveiously will have some sort of cycle-like effect

As the Sun sets' date=' the Moon rises. Nothing can stop this endless cycle![/quote']

The other Dark Synchros were left with effects similar to their concept (OHED NEEDED to be nerfed)True, but they could have at least left the deck searching part the same. Also, as you showed yourself, there's no real reason to nerf this time.But Kingdom Neos appearently thinks Sun Dragon needs to be nerfed. lawl

Sun Dragon might end up as a Super Rare, and Moon Dragon as a Rare. due to the fact that Moon Dragon is semi-useless without Sun Dragon.

Also: J-Post

I didnt say "kill the effect", I said "rediculously weaken it" meaning it obveiously will have some sort of cycle-like effect

The other Dark Synchros were left with effects similar to their concept (OHED NEEDED to be nerfed)True, but they could have at least left the deck searching part the same. Also, as you showed yourself, there's no real reason to nerf this time.But Kingdom Neos appearently thinks Sun Dragon needs to be nerfed. lawl

Sun Dragon might end up as a Super Rare, and Moon Dragon as a Rare. due to the fact that Moon Dragon is semi-useless without Sun Dragon.

Also: J-Post

Aside from "ROFL" and "WTF does J-Post mean?", all I have to say is: "It's clear that Konami doesn't want us to efficiently search out most cards without some delay/major drawback (see: A Cat of Ill Omen, Gold Sarc, DDC)"

Archived