So let's chat about Gold Sarcophagus.

Guest Chaos Pudding

^ true but' date=' if you look at it that way then what about DD Capsule? this card can be either a blessing or a curse. ( depends on who plays it. )

[/quote']

D.D. Capsule is a horrible card.

I'd say leave it at 3, but it depends on the rest of the list, really. Most of the time, anything game-winning or majorly game-changing that this card could get would be banned. Either way, with a slower meta, two turns is still more then enough for your opponent to set up a counter.

Sarc promoted skill over luck. This is a good thing.

I guess it depends on your view of that quote.

As long as you can draw into something, you should be able to search into it in a proper format too. GS promotes skill over the gigantic luck factor drawing promotes.

In an ideal game players would be indifferent to which card they'd draw as they'd need skill to gain an edge with an given one and the idea of cards being blatantly BETTER to draw into than others wouldn't be anywhere near as extreme as today.

In an ideal game players would be indifferent to which card they'd draw as they'd need skill to gain an edge with an given one and the idea of cards being blatantly BETTER to draw into than others wouldn't be anywhere near as extreme as today.

This may be true to an extent, but in every card game and no matter what format, certain hands will be better than others and certain cards will be better for the situation, always.

Deserves to be banned on the premise that sheerly having this card in the game almost nullifies the whole point of limiting other cards to 1 in the first place.

Not really. It just lets said player grab said limited card(if they want a Limited card), for future use.

.......Though in some cases, that would be broken

Plus... its cards like this that sell for alot of The Money, and help to profit the game

In a 3-0 banlist (I assume that we are talking about one of them) there aren't enough broken cards that can be searched with this.

^This

In the current meta it's fine because of the speed of the game, but in the ideal meta, there wouldn't be any cards that would be a problem, or atleast there shouldn't. Still, I can see the reasoning behind banning it...

A card's no more imbalanced in 9 copies than in 3 copies. If there were 3 cards with the exact same stats and effect and each was banworthy' date=' they should ALL be banned. If not, they should all be legalized.

[/quote']

For the most part this is true, but that isn't the problem with Sarc. It basicly every card in your deck at once. Only you pick what card you need most. That allows for much to much versatility

Why? If Gold Sarcophagus is "too versatile", Draw Phases are potentially "too versatile" as well with a little more luck-basedness thrown in to the eqation.

Also' date=' let's not forget that Sangan and Witch have field presence drawbacks a good amount of the time as their stats can't stand up to too many beatsticks out there..

[/quote']

Is the fact that they can't do much side from die that big a deal? Similar to what Sarc does, both are alomst every monster all at once. Looking though my BW deck I counted 7 cards that be searched by Sangan, meaning Sangan is basicly every one of those card. Now if we look at Witch she is 17 different monsters. Yes I know neither can get you all those cards, but being able to search out that much of a deck at the simple cost of itself is to much.

Let me draw it out. Sangan and Witch need to be destroyed from the field to work. You'd need to Normal Summon or Set one and then have it destroyed to get the benefit, at which point you'd have committed your Normal Summon on adding a card to your hand as opposed to just building field presence, allowing an opponent to build their field presence.

These're Sangan and Witch's drawbacks just for netting yourself a monster ideally more or less equal to your other monsters save for flavor. Field presence is important. This wouldn't change in an ideal format.

And that's terrible?

Is Stacking bad?

It's unethical' date=' but in an ideally-structured format, it wouldn't make much of an impact.

You'd ideally have to assess the situation and find which target you would get the most of in that situation. You're forced to think' date=' this's a test of skill.

[/quote']

But often times that isn't hard. Your opponent is swarming, take Lightning Vortex. You can push for game, take a card that will make it easier. You draw it on your first turn when you neither apply, take what ever card is the most helpful in general.

I'm seeing a trend of your not being able to look past our current game. A good deal of cards that make the decision too easy would be gone. Like Lightning Vortex. Problem swarming should be dealt with by the ban list, not with "fighting broken with more broken"-style logic.

If you want to continue this please move this to the Sarc thread.

And here we are. =o

Deserves to be banned on the premise that sheerly having this card in the game almost nullifies the whole point of limiting other cards to 1 in the first place.

Stratos, Night Assailant, and the select few others that should ACTUALLY be Limited aren't interfered with. Heavens forbid we decide to stop random pointless limits?

Archived