[DISC] Toons!

I run a Toon deck... sure, it's not top tier, but I do decently in tournaments. I've actually been rather dedicated to this one deck... for three years now, I've been working on it.

They have OTK potential. Set one card, during opponent's Battle Phase open Ultimate Offering and Summon 8000 points of damage. Toon World for win.

Then there's Scapegoat, Arms Hole(s), then United We Stand/Mage Power.

My Body As A Shield works well, too. Though it won't protect them from their own effects. Emergency Provisions for that. Yay.

....actually, Toon Decks are horrible when you think about it as Card Advantage. But then, I say as long as you have enough to kill the opponent, it shouldn't matter.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run a Toon deck... sure' date=' it's not top tier, but I do decently in tournaments. I've actually been rather dedicated to this one deck... for three years now, I've been working on it.

They have OTK potential. Set one card, during opponent's Battle Phase open Ultimate Offering and Summon 8000 points of damage. Toon World for win.

Then there's Scapegoat, Arms Hole(s), then United We Stand/Mage Power.

My Body As A Shield works well, too. Though it won't protect them from their own effects. Emergency Provisions for that. Yay.

....actually, Toon Decks are horrible when you think about it as Card Advantage. But then, I say as long as you have enough to kill the opponent, it shouldn't matter.

[/quote']

*hugz*

Well, mine's is kinda good, but it's gonna be hard to actually use it IRL since mine's is in Tag Force 4.

Or this....

Toon Judgement Dragon

Attribute Light

Level : 8

Dragon/Toon

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by having 4 different monsters with toon in their name. You can pay 1000 life points to destroy all cards on the field that doesn't have "Toon" in it's name. This card cannot attack the turn this card is summoned. At your end phase, send the top 4 cards from your deck to your graveyard. If Toon World is destroyed, destroy this card.

3000/2500

Toons are a Dieing bread I'm afraid.

Its sad to say but you know its true. Do you here anything about toons in the show or anime, no. This is because there aren't enough of em to start putting up fair fights against some archetypes.

They will remain pretty dead until they make better supports.

Toons are excellent tech in many of the decks. Especially the Toon Table of Contents and the Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon for draw power and deck thinning if you throw in a Trade-In.

~DECK~ 40

~MONSTERS~ 6

1x Exodia

1x Left Leg

1x Right Leg

1x Right Arm

1x Left Arm

1x Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon

~SPELLS~ 34

1x Trade-In

33x Toon Table of Contents

I did a Toon Deck once, which lost most of the time due to the bulneravility of Toon Wolrd.

Toon Mermaid Special Summoned itself + Inferno Reckless = Tributes for Toon DMG or Toon Summoned School.

Draw Engines Trade In + Allure of Darkness + Toon Table.

That was pretty much the idea =/

They need stuff.

After a while of playing with Toons, I can say I have confidence in what Toons should have to be somewhat strong.

[spoiler=Long Rant Type Thing]

The urge to try and OTK is really strong when you're playing a Toon Deck. The fact that all attack directly for 900+ each is fun. But see, the point I'm bringing up with this is, when you can attack directly, why bother getting rid of the opponent's monters? 'Tis the reason I play with three Threatening Roar and two My Body As A Shield - the key is keeping the Toons on the field. (And, I suppose if you can spare the Life Points, Toon Defense, which I've never been a fan of.)

As for draw power... well, yeah, that could be an issue. But I feel this is another reason Toon Decks are hugely inclined to trying to OTK - the lack of Draw Power means you should be able to get all the damage you need with a few monsters. Plus, it makes up for it by having one of the best search cards, IMO - Toon Table Of Contents. But, if you feel the need to add draw power, a good majority of Toons are DARK Attribute. Then there's the Trade-In method.

Protection for Toon World is... rather hard to come by. Magic Reflector and Judgment Of Anubis work, I suppose. But I honestly prefer using Emergency Provisions. It eats Toon World for Life Points, and doesn't "Destroy" Toon World. Especially when you have Toon DMG, Toon BEWD, or Toon SS on the field, this is a good move. The lower level Toons need it to attack directly, but once you've summoned the higher level Toons you don't need it on the field any longer.

The other good thing about Emergency Provisions, is that it can tie into the whole draw power issue. Good Goblin Housekeeping can turn into a... +5? I'm not sure if my math is correct there, folks. Either way, Emergency Provisions can double as both protection and draw power if you get the right hand.

Revival. This is actually the toughest of them all. Though, I like Call Of The Haunted. It has the advantage of reviving at the opponent's End Phase, getting around the whole issue of waiting a turn to attack. Magical Exemplar could bring back a Spellcaster Toon, I suppose.

[spoiler=Standard Decent Toon Deck, In My Opinion]

MONSTERS: 18

Toon Gemini Elf x3

Toon Goblin Attack Force x3

Toon Masked Sorcerer x3

Toon Cannon Soldier x3

Toon Dark Magician Girl x3

Toon Summoned Skull x2

Morphing Jar

SPELLS: 15

Toon World x3

Toon Table Of Contents x3

Emergency Provisions x3

My Body As A Shield x2

Swords Of Revealing Light

Giant Trunade

Heavy Storm

Scapegoat

TRAPS: 7

Mirror Force

Good Goblin Housekeeping x3

Call Of The Haunted

Ultimate Offering x2

Of course, this was made off the top of my head. It's not even close to how I run mine, and there are pretty much a huge amount of different builds to run Toons on. There's the Future Visions method, Skill Drain, maybe mass summoning with Tokens, or even the lolEquips method...

Toon Decks are gonna have a hard time though, without any support other than a search card and a I'mma-take-direct-attacks Trap.

I have a weird thing with Toons. 0.o

I don't like toons' date=' they rely on you to draw 1 card and although Toon Table of Contents is there, I don't think it's enough also I'd add a card that regenerates your life points or stops you from paying them as Toons cost a sizeable amount of LP

[/quote']

*starts jabroni slaping like crazy*

Toons low levels just need it to attack, plus, just because they rely on 1 card doesn't mean anything. Volcanics need that one spell card and they still play fine.

Plus, Toons are awsome.

What toons need is simple:

- A toon version of ALO

- Another level 4 or lower toon that can Special Summon itself

- An Allure of Tooness

- An easy to summon boss monster that is lv 8 so Trade-In can be ran at 3

- A "tooner" <- I love that word

I personally love toons and wish that they would make an appearance again.

Archived