Schrödinger's Format: An altered game for your consideration

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chaos Pudding

Ban Card Trooper. It's already an OTK with 3 Wulf' date=' let alone any other high ATK monsters with 3 Monster Reborn, 3 Premature Burial, and 3 Call of the Haunted in our game.

[/quote']

Nope. Easily countered.

Assuming that we go the Highlander route' date=' how would this work?

(In hand: Cathedral of Nobles, Divine Wrath, Cyber Stein, Limiter Removal, Hanewata, Ring of Destruction. Extra Deck: Cyber End Dragon)

1. Activate Cathedral of Nobles (Wrath any Hanewata)

2. Summon Cyber Stein -> Cyber End Dragon

3. Limiter Removal

4. Hanewata yourself

5. Ring for FTK

[/quote']

Chain Hanewata to the activation of Cathedral.

I had wondered about that. Oh well.

This format is inconsistent since you can virtually counter any move your opponent makes but you lose resources to do it since he/she would counter anything you do. This is more visible during the first turn.

I played this with my friend and it was fun. Yey for inconsistency.

This formet is more like Chess.

Meaning you have to find a way to out smart your Opponent, while also knowing all the possible outcoms.

@Topic: How about your opening move is Jinzo and/or Horus?

(.....not sure, I'm just trying to give ideas)

Guest Chaos Pudding

Hey Hikaru' date=' wouldnt Card Destruction be a little ridiculous in this format?

Situation A: Your hand has all Dark Worlds

Situation B: Your hand has all Dark Worlds, and the Opponent has all Darkworlds + 2 Reign-Beux

[/quote']

No one would play Card Destruction because everyone would make their hand Dark World. It needs no dealing with because there's nothing to deal with.

Hey Hikaru' date=' wouldnt Card Destruction be a little ridiculous in this format?

Situation B: Your hand has all Dark Worlds, and the Opponent has all Darkworlds + 2 Reign-Beux

[/quote']

No one would play Card Destruction because everyone would make their hand Dark World. It needs no dealing with because there's nothing to deal with.

Well, I didnt really say it should be put on Teh B& List, I was only really making comentary, saying that it would seems a little overkill/using it causes an instant loss

Oh, and how would the Virus cards effect this format?

[/quote']

You can always just Bottomless their entire former hand in that case and have your discarded hand be all Graveyard beneficiaries.

[/quote']

You can always just Bottomless their entire former hand in that case and have your discarded hand be all Graveyard beneficiaries.

Doesn't work. Because of the second parts of the Special Summoned monsters' effects, the timing for Bottomless Trap Hole is incorrect.

First turn: declare one of my Cards to be Final Countdown.

Set 2 Cards each turn. If they get destroyed' date=' they're Chainable Stall cards. If not, they're s*** like Mirror Force/Tor.

[/quote']

This is actually the most coherent idea I have ever heard here.

Btw in Schrodinger's format we should use 80 card decks, because the sole purpose of a small deck is to have a greater probability of drawing the right cards, but here there is no such thing.

Set 2 Cards each turn. If they get destroyed' date=' they're Chainable Stall cards. If not, they're s*** like Mirror Force/Tor.

[/quote']

Nah, it really isn't. The opponent has both Battle Damage and Effect Damage available, and the Final Countdown player just doesn't have the resources to fend off both.

Pika's analysis is the strongest.

[/quote']

Doesn't work. Because of the second parts of the Special Summoned monsters' effects, the timing for Bottomless Trap Hole is incorrect.

Eh, I don't quite understand. Why is it that Monarchs would have their Summon taken out and their effects resolve after and Dark Worlders would have them both occur simultaneously?

[/quote']

Nah, it really isn't. The opponent has both Battle Damage and Effect Damage available, and the Final Countdown player just doesn't have the resources to fend off both.

They wouldn't? There're more than 6 different cards that negate effect damage out there without costing more card advantage than the opponent's putting in, which would be more than 18 cards, enough to cover effect damage for the length of Final Countdown as the opponent'd eventually run out of material.

[/quote']

Eh, I don't quite understand. Why is it that Monarchs would have their Summon taken out and their effects resolve after and Dark Worlders would have them both occur simultaneously?

I believe it is because the Dark World monsters have multiple-part effects whereas the Monarchs have a regular Tribute Summon plus a separated effect. At any rate, there's a ruling that says so.

[/quote']

They wouldn't? There're more than 6 different cards that negate effect damage out there without costing more card advantage than the opponent's putting in, which would be more than 18 cards, enough to cover effect damage for the length of Final Countdown as the opponent'd eventually run out of material.

First of all, playing Final Countdown puts the defender at a -1 from the very start, which ought to be enough for the opponent to break through in ten turns.

Second of all, once Hanewata has been used up, your Effect Damage defense becomes much weaker and easier to get around - you're going to be relying on cards you control rather than cards in your hand, and that makes them vulnerable to all sorts of problems.

so cards that reveal are in truth the strongest effect you can use on your opponent because they lock all the cards into whatever they are.

I'm thinking that respect play should be banned, because it only reveals the turn player's hand on that turn, and my other set is mst to kill it before my hand is locked as well.

also, fairy's fortune might need to be banned,

because I allure, send FL dark, fortune's future, draw 2 cards, repeat 2 more times for 3+ cards on first turn.

then I graceful to fill the grave with 2 more monsters, and pot of av. to throw my 5 monsters back in the deck back into the deck, adds +1 more for +4 total so far. and unlocks FL dark for future use.

and another

I play catheral/ go first, set 3 good goblin house keepings and Emer. Prov. to draw 4, throw 1, 3 times for a +5/4, and +3000 lp just for a bonus.

I'm thinking that cards that allow you to break the normal rules of the game might need to get restricted as well, like catheral and the trap trigger-ers.

they allow ftk to happen more quickly, and because of that, your opponent has to use the hearalds, which are a 2 card cost, or hanewata, which only works on effect damage, not unusual win conditions.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Angel 07 is now banned. Someone thought up an uncounterable lockdown.

Alright, I'm really leaning towards Limiting everything not banned. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Archived