Schrödinger's Format: An altered game for your consideration

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh' date=' I forgot about Herald of Purple Light... but Heralds require the user to give up two Blank White Cards for every card they negate, which means a Huge Revolution user can still drain the opponent's hand down to nothing. They only get two negations in the opening five-card hand, remember, and Enchanted Fitting Room + Huge Revolution + Cathedral of Nobles is only three cards.

Basically, we shouldn't force people to rely on Heralds to save themselves, since Heralds are -1's.

[/quote']

Hmm... multiple Huge Revolutions are indeed a problem... Perhaps a Limit is in order, instead?

They can also just Mind Crush Herald of Purple Light before activating Huge Revolution.

Incidentally, should we ban Mind Crush? It only provides a hand look if the opponent allows it to, since you don't get to see their hand if you hit something. (D.D. Designator always provides a hand look, so at least kill that.)

Does that mean Yata can come off now?

In Schrödinger's Format' date=' Yata seems fine.

[/quote']

*Glomps Crab at 50 Miles per miles.*

Now, for.....the Yata-Lock!

*remembers about chaining threat, waboku, and using Nerco Gardna and such...*

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU......

Yeah, there's a reason it's now fine.

It almost completely eliminates luck from the game. I like it.

More like it completely destroys the game and creates a completely different game with virtually no luck.

Oh' date=' that reminds me: if a card has a coin flip/die roll effect, the opponent of the owner of that card determines the outcome of the effect. So, no Dice Jar stupidity.

NO! YATA is the most dangeruos card this format if you can Pull Crabs hand Rape!

If you can pull off Huge Revolution, you've won with or without Yata.

Yata isn't even very good with Huge Revolution, since the opponent can discard stuff that likes being in the Graveyard; a quick FTK would be better.

Question regarding Mind Crush and the other one...

Since you always will fail...won't this card always become -2 to you or you can check his hand if you fail...

A hand look is insanely powerful, so the opponent would probably let you hit something. And even if they didn't, you get a hand look at the cost of only a -1; after all, the thing you discard will doubtlessly be a Dark World monster or something similar.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Actually, unless you discard 3 copies of the card in question, Mind Crush forces a look at the hand, I believe.

It almost completely eliminates luck from the game. I like it.

More like it completely destroys the game and creates a completely different game with virtually no luck.

Oh' date=' that reminds me: if a card has a coin flip/die roll effect, the opponent of the owner of that card determines the outcome of the effect. So, no Dice Jar stupidity.

[/quote']

Besides, Hanewata for Dice Jar.

Alright, I think I got it:

You summon Banisher of the Radiance -> then proceed into the Huge Revoloution set up via Enchanting -> you use Huge Revoloution on the Opponent's turn -> then on your turn, your Opponent has nothing to defend agenst, and you still have 4 blank cards.

I WIN

Actually' date=' unless you discard 3 copies of the card in question, Mind Crush forces a look at the hand, I believe.[/quote']

Oh, really? I thought you just needed to hit one. Nevermind, definitely kill Mind Crush.

And I was just giving an example. I'm sure there's something broken out there that relies on coin flips or something.

[/quote']

Why would this even be necessary? If someone pulls something with Dice Jar, there are tons of ways to stop them without imposing this rule on all chance cards. >___>

EDIT: Saw the above post. If something comes up like that, then that particular card would likely justify a ban. Either way, you're killing a large portion of cards for a problem that might not even exist.

Alright' date=' I think I got it:

You summon Banisher of the Radiance -> then proceed into the Huge Revoloution set up via Enchanting -> you use Huge Revoloution on the Opponent's turn -> then on your turn, your Opponent has nothing to defend agenst, and you still have 4 blank cards.

I WIN

You Huge Revolution during your opponent's turn? ...no. Spend a card on Makyura or Cathedral.

And, yeah, that seems to work. Can we ban Huge Revolution now?

How about Trap Dustshoot?

Kill it.

I WIN

You Huge Revolution during your opponent's turn? ...no. Spend a card on Makyura or Cathedral.

Well, I thought someone might have come up with some anti card to it.

But if you add Cathedral, then it is, in fact, the perfect un-blockable, FTK for this format.

Crab, you must put revoloution on teh B& list.

[/quote']

Why would this even be necessary? If someone pulls something with Dice Jar, there are tons of ways to stop them without imposing this rule on all chance cards. >___>

You know what? You're right! Forget the old rule, now the controller of a coin-flipping or die-rolling card determines the outcome! They control their draws and such anyhow, so why not this as well? It can't be any more broken than stacked six-card hands.

I WIN

But if you add Cathedral, then it is, in fact, the perfect un-blockable, FTK for this format.

Chaos Pudding controls the banlist for this format, not me.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Forbidden:

Confiscation

D.D. Designator

Exchange of the Spirit

Exodia the Forbidden One

Fengsheng Mirror

Huge Revolution

Mind Crush

Mind Haxorz

The Forceful Sentry

Trap Dustshoot

Limited:

Semi-Limited:

[/quote']

You know what? You're right! Forget the old rule, now the controller of a coin-flipping or die-rolling card determines the outcome! They control their draws and such anyhow, so why not this as well? It can't be any more broken than stacked six-card hands.

I WIN

Chaos Pudding controls the banlist for this format, not me.

But its your topic D:

....And we need another way to break this game.

Since its appearently a staple with these sorts of topics.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Crab' date=' may I suggest we unlimit solemn?

[/quote']

What you see on the above list is everything that has been hit in this format, period. Everything else is at 3.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

The B& list was appearently re-set, apon this topics creation.

Hikaru, you need to add Chaos Emperor to teh B& list.

Prove it. Give me an uncounterable combo.

[/quote']

The B& list was appearently re-set, apon this topics creation.

Hikaru, you need to add Chaos Emperor to teh B& list.

Prove it. Give me an uncounterable combo.

Well since we have Yata Back

.....Nvmd, they could just Necro Guardna that.

Still, doesnt it seem a little over-kill to instantly drop a Chaos Emperor on the Opponent?

You'd need like an event ban-list mainly because everyone would be like: "Lol, i can haz exodia, i win!"

This would be interesting to play, though you'd need to play with fairly mature people. I think it'd be a good idea to not use YGO cards; just use note cards and label each card by number and have a list so you can write down what each card is declared as; that would somewhat dissipate the maturity factor so people aren't like: "That's not my Zombie Master, it's a trap." You'd have no proof otherwise unless you had trustworthy spectators or it was JUST used.

Archived