so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

People have suggested making a general discussion thread for RPs, so I've decided to implement it. However, there will be a couple of rules.

1) No offtopic discussion. This thread is only to be used for the public discussion of RP plots and ideas. Nothing else.

2) Keep posts to a minimum here. Post as much information as you can at once, so you can circumvent the need for many posts on one subject.

3) No asking for sign-ups. This thread is for planning, not advertising.

4) Comments should be constructive. No randomly saying "this idea sucks!" or anything like that.

5) Provide plot. Like, at least a short summary of what you plan on doing. No just posting "Who wants ___?"

More rules may be added as time goes on. Well, let's start~

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm considering making an RP similar to Valkyria Chronicles.

Namely it's sorta of like WWII, only anime-ish and a bit more complex weaponry. I'm having some trouble thinking of names for some Nations though. That's really the only problem I have. xD

I want the nations to be sort of parodied off real nations. (Like a parody Japan, Germany, America, etc.)

Halp? Dx

I am not sure how to improve the RP I have made. The members just don't seem to want to stick to the plot and are creating their own sub-plots. Any suggestions?

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

@Welche: Let them run through their sub-plots, then get back to the main plot. Or, better yet, tie the sub-plots to the main plot. Every good tale has sub-plots, after all.

@Fenrir: Seventh Sanctum if you're desperate. Otherwise, anagramming works well for parody purposes.

OoC: Inter-dorm wars with Duel Spirits, ne? Anyway, if they're creating their own villains, you can stop them; only a GM can create NPCs in most RPs.

Thinking of creating an Okami Roleplay, not sure how many people here have played Okami so I can't tell how popular it'd be.

I had two possible ideas- One being that the player characters are Demi-gods, allowing them to create their own Brush Techniques to be applied, fight with Celestial Instruments, obtain Praise to increase their powers, do Divine Interventions, etc. However, I'm not too clear on what I'd do for the plot of that one.

The other one is a slightly more conventional Samurai RP, where the characters play as Hero initates of any of the thirteen already-introduced Brush Gods. While none of them have any actual Celestial Brush techniques, they have a variety of special techniques and abilities they would be able to use depending on their chosen god (Yomigami disciples heal faster, Gekigami disciples can channel electricity through their blades, etc.). I have a fairly set plot for this one, and I kinda like the idea of the player characters starting with conventional weapons, regular swords and whatnot, that gradually become Divine Instruments as they help their representative Gods and slay demons, gaining Divine Instrument properties in the process.

The first would be a slightly more open-ended RP, while the later is much more reined in and based of statistics.

Any thoughts?

I haven't had a good one in a while.

A new game has been made with 200 levels. The game is made by a (TBR in RP) & testers have been let into the game, but NEVER got out. Now, (UK amount) new early hacking-into players must survive all 200 levels in 5 days, or will be locked in the game forever. They die, they are forever possessed by (TBR in RP) unless a certain cheat code is enabled.

The currency is points, which 10 points=1 credit. Credits are used to buy food, health, nessesicites(ICS it), weapons, & if enough, one of 3 cheat codes(What I said earlier).

I don't see why those points are necessarily forum points. If they are, though, they're still worthless for anything else, so...

I don't see why those points are necessarily forum points. If they are, though, they're still worthless for anything else, so...

So long as necessities are easily affordable, I doubt you'll infuriate anyone.

Again, though, 200 levels? They'd better be short.

I'd decided to go with the later of my Okami ideas, simply because it would be much easier for those who don't know much about Okami to get into (and hopefully convince them to try the game).

With the applications... well, I like to try to get as good of Roleplayers as I can, so I like my apps to be fairly long and detailed.

Firstly, should I institute a class system? I'm not ENTIRELY sure how I'd pull it off if I did, since the only two real types of warriors (aside from animals) you find in Okami are either Samurai or Taoists, and I'd also like to have some variety.

Secondly, despite Okami being fairly sword-centric, I'd like to see a variety of traditional Japanese weapons used. Does anyone have a list or something of varied Japanese weaponry I could allow them to choose from?

Thirdly, I'm debating allowing the players to detail and choose the powers of their Sacred Weapons (the first powerup they receive) and when their weapons become Divine Instruments (the second powerup) from the beggining, or tell them to do so when it becomes plot-ly relevant.

1; Eh, the only other combat-ish class would be a Ninja. But that's overused. =/

2; I could probably compose and send you a list. Japan only or Asian weapons in general?

3; I would find it to be more interesting if they made it when it becomes plot important. Allows for surprises.

I have officially made an RP idea. This one I came up with out of thin air. All the inspiration I needed was the card art from Chaos Sorcerer. I'm going to summarize it for you all.

There are people called Soul Alchemists, who can harness the energy of their spiritual being by seperating the Pure Energy and Sin Energy in their souls, creating a discharge known as Soul Energy. You can develop into 2 different beings, depending on your Soul Stability, which is, for the most part your sanity, and your amount of trauma in your life.

There are those who's souls have collapsed, and they bleed dark energy, which manifests into beings called Sense Eaters, which can be either a creature or sophisticated human. They are the Sin Energy that comes out of the person, after the collapse of their soul. They have the ability to take away the senses of a person, which cause extreme amounts of trauma. These senses are also the bases of Soul Energy, and you can use different techniques depending on what sense it affects.

However, there was a special breed of Soul Alchemists that were the manifestation of Pure Energy, and unlike most of the Sense Eaters, they are more like humans. They are born from those who completely and totally accepted the Pure Energy, and lived a good lifestyle. They have the ability to revive fallen souls, and return them to what they once were. Some have recently been discovered, but they must find them before they are destroyed, so they may end the reign of terror the Soul Eaters have on all people.

Hm' date=' sounds interesting. I like the idea of beings that can remove people's senses. Maybe you could elaborate a little more on that?

[/quote']

How so? Should I go into the process? Should I go into a little more about how it's possible?

The beings remove people's senses according to what type of dark being they are. If you are a Soul Alchemist who focuses on Sight Attacks (Illusions, fooling people into thinking they see something.) and you run into a Sense Eater that is in the Eye Gouger category, then you'd better watch out.

Archived