so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

As in, groups with certain philosophies battle rather than groups united by common geopolitical descent, as was implied in your introduction.

hmmm... i do believe I have been ignored. perhaps that is a sign...

Though it could just be Rinne overshadowing my post :)

Nah' date=' more because we're lazy sods and none of us can be bothered to read it and give opinion. I'll do so in a minute, just give me a moment to finish my lazying.

[/quote']

I nodded my head several times to this.

Ah well, first things first. As mentioned on another thread,

Random question, which is the best name for an RP that's trying to be as Totally Radical as physically possible while simultaneously drawing basic-level RPers? (Btw, yes I am eating an amorphous blob of overcooked chocolate while writing this, your point?)

Currently, I'm going with the working title of-

Seven Days of Doom! The Good, the Bad, and Ninjas!

but I can change it. The first part, the Pretitle (Currently "Seven Days of Doom!") I was thinking to changing to-

-The Final Week!

-Last Week to Live!

-Death at Ground Zero!

-Seven's Greatest Finale!

...or something likesuch.

As for the surtitle, well, that one's more debatable since its relation to the actual plot is minimal. It's entire purpose is simply to be an incredibly awesome and eye-catching Word Salad title. Currently (The Good, the Bad, and Ninjas!) I may change it to-

-"Ninjas, Pirates, ESPers and Cowboys combine!"

-"Like a gun that shoots Guns made of Guns that shoot Swords!"

-"To Kill, or to Kill more?! Ninja attack, Timetraveller Defend!"

-"Contains 107% PURE Ninja-Fresh Goodness!"

-"Vampire plus Machine Gun - Ninja minus Laws of Physics!"

-"Octo-railgun Undead Pirate Zombie Ninja Warlord-style action!"

So, as great RPers, I'd like to hear your professional opinions on the matter.

Yes, this is real.

For the record, I finished the amorphous, brick-sized slab of pure chocolate now.

My kidneys hurt. Which is weird, considering I don't think Kidneys do anything to do with sugar.

[spoiler=LONGPOSTBLARGH]

Ah well' date=' first things first. As mentioned on another thread,

Random question, which is the best name for an RP that's trying to be as Totally Radical ™ as physically possible while simultaneously drawing basic-level RPers? (Btw, yes I am eating an amorphous blob of overcooked chocolate writing this, your point?)

Currently, I'm going with the working title of-

Seven Days of Doom! The Good, the Bad, and Ninjas!

but I can change it. The first part, the Pretitle (Currently "Seven Days of Doom!") I was thinking to changing to-

-The Final Week!

-Last Week to Live!

-Death at Ground Zero!

-Seven's Greatest Finale!

...or something likesuch.

As for the surtitle, well, that one's more debatable since its relation to the actual plot is minimal. It's entire purpose is simply to be an incredibly awesome and eye-catching Word Salad title. Currently (The Good, the Bad, and Ninjas!) I may change it to-

-"Ninjas, Pirates, ESPers and Cowboys combine!"

-"Like a gun that shoots Guns made of Guns that shoot Swords!"

-"To Kill, or to Kill more?! Ninja attack, Timetraveller Defend!"

-"Contains 107% PURE Ninja-Fresh Goodness!"

-"Vampire plus Machine Gun - Ninja minus Laws of Physics!"

-"Octo-railgun Undead Pirate Zombie Ninja Warlord-style action!"

So, as great RPers, I'd like to hear your professional opinions on the matter.

Yes, this is real.

"Like a Gun that shoots Chainsaws made of Guns that shoot Swords!"

I like that one.

Guest TheFinalFan

I have to agree with Rinne's idea.

A gun that shoots out chainsaws, which are made out of guns, which, in turn, fire swords.

I think that you two have just conceived the most complex weapon ever. Period.

A gun...shooting chainsaws... made of guns... that shoot swords

*head explodes from sheer awesomeness*

Anyway, does anyone here have any qualms about joining an RP that makes you do a little research? Only reason I'm asking is that I wanna make a Codex Alera RP (Copyright Jim Butcher) but since I HIGHLY doubt that anyone's read the books, I'll probably just link the Wiki article to the front page of the RP. Is that a good idea, or should I just copy/paste/edit the stuff and post it directly in the thread itself?

A chainsaw that shoots chainsaws shooting AK-47s would be insanely awesome. Oh' date=' and the AK's would have chainsaw bayonets that would shoot RPGs that would shoot tanks.

Anyways, Rinne, what was it again? xD

[/quote']

[spoiler=THIS ONE, B[b][/b]ITCH.]

Random idea in spoiler; be warned' date=' it's very rough.

[spoiler=GOD'S DANCE']Everyone's death is recorded in the Book of Life and Death. When, where, how, who, why. The whole shebang. This book is infallible, so what it says cannot be changed. However, there are occasionally Aberrations, those who die in a different manner than what was recorded. These mess ups were caused by Demons, those beings who eat away at the potential lives of what the aberrations would have been. The maintainer of the Book, though, doesn't stand this, and after an aberration is formed, he rewrites reality to fix this mistake. One universe isn't replaceable that easily, though, so the aberrations are given Jinmai (神舞), weapons forged from the past universe of their death and shoved into the new one. They are then conscripted by the maintainer to fight the Demons, and hopefully conclude the tale that been playing out under GOD'S DANCE.

And why am I always the villain? D:

A chainsaw that shoots chainsaws shooting AK-47s would be insanely awesome. Oh' date=' and the AK's would have chainsaw bayonets that would shoot RPGs that would shoot tanks.

Anyways, Rinne, what was it again? xD

[/quote']

[spoiler=THIS ONE, B[b][/b]ITCH.]

Random idea in spoiler; be warned' date=' it's very rough.

[spoiler=GOD'S DANCE']Everyone's death is recorded in the Book of Life and Death. When, where, how, who, why. The whole shebang. This book is infallible, so what it says cannot be changed. However, there are occasionally Aberrations, those who die in a different manner than what was recorded. These mess ups were caused by Demons, those beings who eat away at the potential lives of what the aberrations would have been. The maintainer of the Book, though, doesn't stand this, and after an aberration is formed, he rewrites reality to fix this mistake. One universe isn't replaceable that easily, though, so the aberrations are given Jinmai (神舞), weapons forged from the past universe of their death and shoved into the new one. They are then conscripted by the maintainer to fight the Demons, and hopefully conclude the tale that been playing out under GOD'S DANCE.

And why am I always the villain? D:

Interesting plot. Needs more Liar's Game though.

Guest TheFinalFan

[/quote']

And they all are on fire!!!

[/quote']

And now, my version:

[spoiler=SUPER SPECIAL AWSOME WEAPON OF DEATH]

A bazooka that launches submarines that fires chainsaws which shoots AK-47s with chainsaw bayonets that fire rpg's which shoots tanks which shoots flamethrowers made of ice that FIRE MAH LAZER! BLAH! which shoots ducks. Oh, and they have to have skulls. And skulls on the skulls. And horns on the skulls. And are on fire.

I do believe I win.

But seriously, what about mine and others rp's? isn't that what this was made for? That was fun and all but I'm on the verge of just posting my rp, and want peoples opinions before I do.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

The trouble is, I'm not much for that concept, so I can hardly refine it. Mine apologies, SPA7X. :(

Anyone think people who actually roleplay in YGO RPs would go for a deconstructive parody of YGO, and especially GX?

Guest TheFinalFan

[/quote']

And now, my version:

[spoiler=SUPER SPECIAL AWSOME WEAPON OF DEATH]

A bazooka that launches submarines that fires chainsaws which shoots AK-47s with chainsaw bayonets that fire rpg's which shoots tanks which shoots flamethrowers made of ice that FIRE MAH LAZER! BLAH! which shoots ducks. Oh, and they have to have skulls. And skulls on the skulls. And horns on the skulls. And are on fire.

I do believe I win.

OMG!!!

(Head explodes from sheer awesomeness of Super Special Awesome Weapon of Death)

@ Rinne-

The idea sounds interesting, if it is a somewhat-generic "People with special weapons fight The Heartless" Roleplay.

What I want to know, however, is what the weapons essentially ARE. Are they just a random say, store-brand Battle Axe? Are that as diversive as, say, Bleach' Zanpaktou? Are they sentient? Do they have things to do with the death they embody? Can they control the elements? Do they break reality? Do they have special abilities? Can they change the shape of the wearer? Can they increase in power? Can one turn 'evil'? What happens if someone else tries to use the weapon? Do they directly enhance the abilities of their wearer?

@ Blackstone-

I wouldn't MIND doing research, however, for an RP that I invest time into, I want it to be exceptional. There should be an inventive, exciting plot, be able to continue even if some people drop out, and have an application that allows people to be original and inventive, different from everyone else.

@ SPA7X

The idea sounds exciting and I rather like it. However, my comments are as such-

-Key characters should be portrayed by you, OR by really good RPers you know personally that are also in on the entire plot. If there are a LOT of characters like this, I recommend diving some up among one or two other people to take the load off, but I should also remind you that not all the plots should be set in stone, as other player characters need to do SOMETHING.

Also, I'm somewhat wondering what type of RP will it be. Is it an action RP, doesn't seem so, but the entire plot with the people worshiping the 'God' seems so), in which the player characters have above-average fighting or special abilities? Or is it an intrique RP, based around Theivery and secrecy, which would make it somewhat difficult to play as anything other than a Theif?

@ Supreme

If by "Go for" you mean, "Adore" than yes, I would Go for it. How much of a parody are we talking about?

@ Blazinghydra

You're simply awesome, responding to four people at once like that. Good for you!

Archived