so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking of making a Demon's Souls based RP.

[spoiler=SUPERAWESOMESPECIALIDEA]The plot would be in the middle ages, preferably during the black death. The protagonists would be the revived spirits of certain individuals killed in during the black death. Under the command of 'The Old One', they must go and obtain the souls of several Demons, who seem to be causing this plague. However, they don't know who they were prior to their death, so I'll be able to have some awesome flash-back montages here and there.

Ideas? =o

@ Rinne-

The idea sounds interesting' date=' if it is a somewhat-generic "People with special weapons fight The Heartless" Roleplay.

What I want to know, however, is what the weapons essentially ARE. Are they just a random say, store-brand Battle Axe? Are that as diversive as, say, Bleach' Zanpaktou? Are they sentient? Do they have things to do with the death they embody? Can they control the elements? Do they break reality? Do they have special abilities? Can they change the shape of the wearer? Can they increase in power? Can one turn 'evil'? What happens if someone else tries to use the weapon? Do they directly enhance the abilities of their wearer?

[/quote']

Hey, generic attracts people, amirite? *locks and loads counterpoint nail gun*

Are they just a random say, store-brand Battle Axe? No. Each one is unique to the user, and might not even have an exact real-world counterpart. However, they are all loosely based off of a real object.

Are that as diverse as, say, Bleach' Zanpaktou? - Why in the name of Satan's left testicle wouldn't they be?

Are they sentient? - No.

Do they have things to do with the death they embody? - Yes, and that'll be a fun point to work around. Car crash = melee damage, immolation = pyrokinesis, etc.

Can one turn 'evil'? - They're not sentient, answer that yourself.

The rest is all the realm of "what if," and should answer themselves.

[spoiler=#1]

@ SPA7X

-Key characters should be portrayed by you' date=' OR by really good RPers you know personally that are also in on the entire plot. If there are a LOT of characters like this, I recommend diving some up among one or two other people to take the load off, but I should also remind you that not all the plots should be set in stone, as other player characters need to do SOMETHING.[/quote']

Ok. I think I've figured out what characters I have to play as (NPC) and which may be up for shared NPCing. And the only plots set in stone are that of the NPC's, my character (be pretty dumb If I didn't know where I was going) and the city itself past and future. Any personal plots can be controled by the rp'er, so long as it doesn't conflict with the plots I just mentioned.

[spoiler=#2]

@ SPA7X

Also' date=' I'm somewhat wondering what type of RP will it be. Is it an action RP, doesn't seem so, but the entire plot with the people worshiping the 'God' seems so), in which the player characters have above-average fighting or special abilities? Or is it an intrique RP, based around Theivery and secrecy, which would make it somewhat difficult to play as anything other than a Theif?[/quote']

It's a combination of both rp types you just listed. It's kinda based losely on assassians creed style (HUGE GAMER) plot and gameplay only minus the sci-fi stuff. The groups with real playabillity and influence would be Theives and Lost, Thieves being good guys and Lost being bad/evil/culty. Twisted their god, well, isn't exactly what you'd expect in a god. think more joker personallity evil villian. As for the guards, they mainly serve to get in the way of both sides in the begining, but in my story play a little bigger role as time goes on.

Intermixed with important plot details and the quest on figuring out HOW to defeat enemies or corrupt the city, I due expect action: fighting, free-running (if you don't know what I mean, google) style chases on rooftops the ussual. As for abillities, iut breaks down like this:

Thieves = Athletic Abillity, Stealth, knowledge, close-combat based Light-weight Weapons and Technology, and a little past the begining some may gain Aura/Spirit style abillities.

Lost = Dark, powerful magic complements of Twisted, once he's revived. Some may have high muscle strength given from the harsh conditions of the Hollow.

Guards = Heavy Armor, comand of subordinates and Heavy long range weaponry including guns and firearms.

@ Blazinghydra

You're simply awesome' date=' responding to four people at once like that. Good for you![/i']

(cough cough, Ego Stroker, cough)

@ Rinne-

The idea sounds interesting' date=' if it is a somewhat-generic "People with special weapons fight The Heartless" Roleplay.

What I want to know, however, is what the weapons essentially ARE. Are they just a random say, store-brand Battle Axe? Are that as diversive as, say, Bleach' Zanpaktou? Are they sentient? Do they have things to do with the death they embody? Can they control the elements? Do they break reality? Do they have special abilities? Can they change the shape of the wearer? Can they increase in power? Can one turn 'evil'? What happens if someone else tries to use the weapon? Do they directly enhance the abilities of their wearer?

[/quote']

Hey, generic attracts people, amirite? *locks and loads counterpoint nail gun*

Yes and No. Unfortunately, finding the right mix of originality and generi...ocity... to attracted the unwashed masses is nigh-impossible.

Are they just a random say, store-brand Battle Axe? No. Each one is unique to the user, and might not even have an exact real-world counterpart. However, they are all loosely based off of a real object.

Are that as diverse as, say, Bleach' Zanpaktou? - Why in the name of Satan's left testicle wouldn't they be?

I'm suspicious of any oath involving testicles, but in any case, I was more referring to the fact that in the example, not all weapons are weapons-per say. While there are giant maces, Morning Stars, massive swords, etc., there are also things like a giant ice dragon + personal wings, razor-edged sakura petals that are controlled with the mind and what appears to be living fire. Considering these aren't exactly animate objects, I guess what I'm asking if weapons that aren't actually physical conventional weapons can be weapons.

Are they sentient? - No.

...What if one of the characters is a norse lunatic who talks to his sword?

Do they have things to do with the death they embody? - Yes, and that'll be a fun point to work around. Car crash = melee damage, immolation = pyrokinesis, etc.

My computer's fairly evil, yet I doubt it's sentient.

The rest is all the realm of "what if," and should answer themselves.

[spoiler=#1]

@ SPA7X

-Key characters should be portrayed by you' date=' OR by really good RPers you know personally that are also in on the entire plot. If there are a LOT of characters like this, I recommend diving some up among one or two other people to take the load off, but I should also remind you that not all the plots should be set in stone, as other player characters need to do SOMETHING.[/quote']

Ok. I think I've figured out what characters I have to play as (NPC) and which may be up for shared NPCing. And the only plots set in stone are that of the NPC's, my character (be pretty dumb If I didn't know where I was going) and the city itself past and future. Any personal plots can be controled by the rp'er, so long as it doesn't conflict with the plots I just mentioned.

[spoiler=#2]

@ SPA7X

Also' date=' I'm somewhat wondering what type of RP will it be. Is it an action RP, doesn't seem so, but the entire plot with the people worshiping the 'God' seems so), in which the player characters have above-average fighting or special abilities? Or is it an intrique RP, based around Theivery and secrecy, which would make it somewhat difficult to play as anything other than a Theif?[/quote']

It's a combination of both rp types you just listed. It's kinda based losely on assassians creed style (HUGE GAMER) plot and gameplay only minus the sci-fi stuff. The groups with real playabillity and influence would be Theives and Lost, Thieves being good guys and Lost being bad/evil/culty. Twisted their god, well, isn't exactly what you'd expect in a god. think more joker personallity evil villian. As for the guards, they mainly serve to get in the way of both sides in the begining, but in my story play a little bigger role as time goes on.

Intermixed with important plot details and the quest on figuring out HOW to defeat enemies or corrupt the city, I due expect action: fighting, free-running (if you don't know what I mean, google) style chases on rooftops the ussual. As for abillities, iut breaks down like this:

Thieves = Athletic Abillity, Stealth, knowledge, close-combat based Light-weight Weapons and Technology, and a little past the begining some may gain Aura/Spirit style abillities.

Lost = Dark, powerful magic complements of Twisted, once he's revived. Some may have high muscle strength given from the harsh conditions of the Hollow.

Guards = Heavy Armor, comand of subordinates and Heavy long range weaponry including guns and firearms.

I believe I get what you're saying. It's nothing particularly original, per-say, but there's also nothing really bad about the system.

@ Blazinghydra

You're simply awesome' date=' responding to four people at once like that. Good for you![/i']

(cough cough, Ego Stroker, cough)

*Points to font modifiers applied to that last sentence, then at Disclaimer in sig.*

Hey' date=' generic attracts people, amirite? *locks and loads counterpoint nail gun*

[b']Yes and No. Unfortunately, finding the right mix of originality and generi...ocity... to attracted the unwashed masses is nigh-impossible.[/b]

RINNE SAYS: Hey, what's a bored RP mod to do? xD

I'm suspicious of any oath involving testicles, but in any case, I was more referring to the fact that in the example, not all weapons are weapons-per say. While there are giant maces, Morning Stars, massive swords, etc., there are also things like a giant ice dragon + personal wings, razor-edged sakura petals that are controlled with the mind and what appears to be living fire. Considering these aren't exactly animate objects, I guess what I'm asking if weapons that aren't actually physical conventional weapons can be weapons.

RINNE SAYS: Hmm... It'd go on a case-by-case basis, because each object must start out as something conventional.

...What if one of the characters is a norse lunatic who talks to his sword?

RINNE SAYS: Then they're insane. =3

My computer's fairly evil, yet I doubt it's sentient.

RINNE SAYS: Evil meaning it doesn't work at the times you want it to? Different meaning there, buds.

Did everyone miss my Zerg thingy on the last page?

No' date=' I saw, but I don't play that game so have no imput. Also, this thread has a rather Fun habit of spinning of into different conversations of creative outbursts. Not bad one though.

[/quote']

Not to mention a common habit of ignoring others RP ideas~

Guest TheFinalFan

Hey, is there any rule against making a post solely for the purpose of someone signing up for another RP?

Because I kinda want to do that for the Movie RP because I don't want the clutter of having people post on the actual thread, but I also don't want to be swamped with PMs...

Guest TheFinalFan

I'm a badass motherf**ker of a time manipulator!

And also:

Hey' date=' is there any rule against making a post solely for the purpose of someone signing up for another RP?

Because I kinda want to do that for the Movie RP because I don't want the clutter of having people post on the actual thread, but I also don't want to be swamped with PMs...

[/quote']

Guest TheFinalFan

I've got nothin'.

And:

Hey' date=' is there any rule against making a post solely for the purpose of someone signing up for another RP?

[/quote']

Ok well I have had 3 RP ideas, and I would like some feedback (don't care if it's negative)

[spoiler=#1]

Well this idea I got while watching Freddy Vs Jason (I love horror movies), anyways, a clash of the titans happens in a small little town. Jason Voorhees is just going on a killing spree, Freddy Krueger is trying to keep people afraid of him, Michael Myers is trying to get all of the kills for himself, Chucky is looking to take over someones body, and The Leprechaun just wants his gold...and a little fun. So now these 5 will roam around fighting each other and killing everyone in their paths. Meanwhile, people in town are trying to stay alive and make sure these 5 are stopped, knowing if these 5 live...they die.

[spoiler=#2]

Well again a horror movie idea. The Saw movies are one of my favorite movies, and I thought and RP based off of those would be kinda intresting...and hard. Basically you can be a cop, or someone who gets tested. So now you must survive Jigsaws test, or if your a cop, try and stop this insane man.

[spoiler=#3]

The 3rd and final idea is an AVP RP. Basically a transport of criminals and soldiers is heading to Earth, when the ship has to make a crash landing on an unknown planet. Little do they know, this planet is over run by vicious Aliens. When this ship is crashing, a ship of Predators begins to land, knowing that the Aliens will be even stronger with more hosts. Who will you side with?

Well I really hope I get some feedback. Thanks.

Guest TheFinalFan

[/quote']

Will no one answer me?!?

Archived