so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was considering a Hunter x Hunter RP. Probably to do with the Hunter Exam arc in itself. You create your own original characters, we play the RP out during the Hunter Exam. Focusing a lot on it. When the Arc ends, I'll create a new thread for the next Arc which will be all the adventuring fun stuff where you can continue the adventure of your Hunters who passed or didn't. I'll actually let people PM me and talk to me about the future usage of their character if they want them to pass or not. Cause I like the idea of that kind of freedom of giving people the ability to say if their character will pass or not, that way I can write it in. Then what I'll do is I'll work with some members and each RP chapter may focus on an arc portaining to their characters. Such as Killua had the arc about his family, Kurapica a whole arc had to do with the Shadow Brigade, etc. So I'll create chapters based on the badguys of the past, etc. And all the Hunters can work together, split up, and people can make their own teams. The RP will focused on creative freedom. Not to free, like I won't accept god modding.

So, prompted by Rinne in the other thread, I'm probably going to be doing a Bleach roleplay soon with a bigger emphasis on mystery and intrigue rather than an endless series of battles. Problem is, I have two very different ideas of how to tackle this, and I'm torn between them.

Simply put, would you prefer:

a) A roleplay in an alternate universe Soul Society, dealing with diplomatic relations between the Seireitei and Hueco Mundo, which is starting to become an actual civilization as Hollows become increasingly sapient and less driven by primal instinct. This would be slightly more freeform, since there really isn't a designated "villain" per-say, and the appeal solely lies in how the characters approach the various issues that will crop up between the two worlds, and the human world in particular. The players would primarily take the roles of certain captains (though most of the Captains will be NPCs) or lieutenants and high-ranking Hollows in the Hueco Mundo Tribes, which makes it a bit closer to a typical Bleach RP.

b) A Murder Mystery roleplay, of a sort, set in the real world. During a string of mysterious murderers in a Japanese city, a bunch of kids end up becoming able to see spiritual beings and gain a bunch of powers in the process. Neither Soul Society nor Hollows of any sort will be particularly involved, at least for a while anyway- the primary plotline will be focused on discovering the actual perpetrator of the killings and stopping them. The plot's a bit more rigid, though that allows me to move it along quicker without needing to rely on the other players being around at all times. Might actually see more combat than the above one, given that the characters will face actual enemies during the course of the plot. Quite obviously inspired by Persona 4.

A team of hardened explorers set out to find a city long forgotten by all civilization, with only a clue from a secret library. The book they found mentioned the citizens of the city were powerful, highly advanced warriors that could have conquered the world. They must find their way there, led by the only person who could read the book, Charles Alvey, a translator. Only when they get there, they discover that the lost race is still very much alive...

Your job is to either defend the Lost City as the advanced race or Loot it as the Explorers. What happens to the City is up to you…

any good?

I have an idea which might be good:

If there are cardgames on motorcycles, why not cardgames in cars?

This will be based around all new cards, the main card being Speed World 3.

The main rules would be like this:

No normal spell OR trap cards.

All cards are custom made, including monsters by me(or other roleplays, depending if their cards are balanced)

Each player starts with 10 speed tokens.

There are no life points, you lose if you have 0 speed tokens or if your opponents reaches a certain amount of tokens.

If you fall behind 3 tokens, you cant attack but your opponent still can attack directly.

If you attack directly, your opponent loses 1 speed token.

Each standby phase both players gain 2 a speed token.

Sounds like a smooth idea, not?

REALLY RINNE!?

If that's the case, then I shall help achieve the death(?) of this thread by bringing it one post closer to it's demise!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Not only that, but I'm currently planning the sequel to one my role-plays and before this thread truely does die, I just want everyone to have something to think about and ask a question of "for the amount role-plays that do have seqeuls, how many of them actutually do finish?"

If anything, I am just curious to ask, because I only made two role-plays and both were extremely successful: the first one had ten pages before I even had to post and the second I was actually able to finish. A little pride I claim, as I was able to succeed on the first try.

That being said, I do have some concerns about how I should present the sequel to my role-play, as there are a lot of questions that I'm currently unaware of.

anyone think my rp is a good idea?

It's definitely a unique idea, but I find myself wondering how these two factions are equal. One are ancient superbeings apparently equipped with world-conquering technology, the others are... archaeologists. Presumably rather normal archaeologists.

they'll start out as archaeologists, but they'll have pretty much free reign to hire mercenaries and use stealth to 'dispose' of some of the warriors, taking their weapons. considering they're archaeologists, they could just have a scientist or something to reverse-engineer it.

Hiring mercenaries and reverse-engineering things take a lot of money which archaeologists normally don't have, plus I'd figure that they wouldn't be able to reverse-engineer anything unless they happen to also have an actual engineering degree. Plus of course the money needed to actually build whatever they reverse-engineer.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I came back, I've been throwing around an idea in my head for a new RP...

One where the characters are reality warpers, except they don't know it yet, and their abilities are subconscious in the beginning. The setting would be an island city, recently cut off from the rest of civilization, and filled with normal people who were all, until recently, just trying to live their lives.

Since the player characters can all reshape reality, things can get crazy. My current idea is to seperate the powers into various 'spheres of influence', like [Life], [Destruction], [Law], [Glamour], [Chaos], and so on, and having each player selecting one or two spheres. And if they want to us their abilities to change something, a GM will need to OK it. And yes, there is some overlap, and this is intentional. The characters should have the capability of doing alot of things, but it needs to be controlled (though not to say that they won't get *new* abilities, but I'm still working out the kinks in that)

This is a rough overview, but what do you think? Am I completely insane? Or is this something that I should continue working on?

EDIT: I've already started it, with a few changes to make it flow better. Right now I'm dropping the GM approval on power use; instead I'll let the players use them at will. They'll have a limited amount of points in each sphere of influence, which grows as the game goes on. Stronger effects need more points, and trying to use them while not spending enough points is a bad idea. The effect may not go through quite right. There may be unintended side effects. Or, if the player was really brazen (or was trying to troll the RP), they could also lose their resistance to magic as well as letting any player use any effect on them at any level at minimal cost. It's a control method; if a player really pissed off everyone else, then after the magic drop another player can easily get rid of the offender if they're willing to spend a magic point.

*sigh* Took a while to figure out this RP idea I had stuck in my head for the past couple of days, but I finally figured it out. Well... at least enough so that the idea is even remotely presentable -_-

Anyway, what I was thinking for my original RP:

In the far-off future, Earth is over-populated, and is now starting to become an undesirable planet to call home. However, the humans inhabiting Earth have still not researched an effective means to transport their surplus brethren over to another planet, and even if they had, they've still yet to find a planet out there that can support human life. But they never get the chance. All of a sudden, all hell breaks loose on every quadrant of the Earth. Civil war breaks out all over one quadrant, whilst in another, humans and animals alike are suffering from a mysterious illness, most likely a poison of sorts. Famine grips a third quadrant of the Earth, with sources of water drying up, and plants, animals and the odd human dying as a result. The final quadrant is cursed with one colossal misfortune after another, each of which takes the lives of hundreds, even thousands of humans at a time.

Not long after having to endure the horrors of their current blight, a group of human soldiers have been transported through the fabrics of time and into the medieval era. You control one of these soldiers, and must delegate between you a series of missions that, if successful, would prevent the devastation from occurring ever again. However, your first priority is to explore your surroundings, and gather intelligence on the civilizations that call these lands home. Thoughts and questions start rushing into your head, but there's one thing you must remember; just by making a single action, you have the potential to alter history as you know it, whether it be for the better or for the worse. But your best bet is to refrain from doing anything, unless you can assure yourself that what you're doing is the right thing to do, or even a necessary evil, to avert this disaster.

Thoughts?

Sorry if I'm just talking over the last posts. I read them, but my body isn't quite ready for civilization wars and magical powers yet.:'3

But I've been thinking about starting a RP based on the Aria manga. It's basically full of nature and getting those gondolas around, aka more personal development and little action.

Although if that's too boring, one could also use the setting only and turn it into a crime/murder mystery sort of story (incase you want to see people killed with rows or disappearing in the water, that's just fine).

I'm not set on it or anything, just seeing whether it's worth typing something up.

Archived