so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

I plan on another RP, where everyone is a god. You can be 3 different kinds of gods, which are Spirits, ones that often interact with the people on Earth and their form is more of a form of energy, but can shapeshift. The Omnipotents, which are gods that are often large, and all powerful human-like gods, which normally oversee the events of humans on Earth. There are also Angels, often human-like warriors and heroes that often have wings, and have normally at some point been a human on Earth.

However, there is always a ruler, someone that rules above all Gods. He, or She, has the right to be called "King of Kings", and "Lord of Lords". They decide how the people on Earth shall be, they decide how Earth in general shall be. The laws of science, how things work in their world, everything is in their control. This is decided by a tournament, which any loser of the first round becomes the servant of the one they lost to, for 1000 years, until the next Ragnarok (1000 years = 10 God Years)

Each God can come from a different faction:

Valhalla - Only where the greatest, most powerful, and legendary gods originate.

Underwolrd - Where only the most deviant, cold hearted beasts have originated.

Umbra - Where mostly spirits originate, where many become Gods of the night, morning, or natural happenings of the cosmos.

Vita Nemus - Where mostly gods of animals, plants, and gods of life originate, and also contain many spirits. Many also become gods of natural happenings of the Earth.

Regnum of Vir - Where mostly Angels have originated, and often become Gods of certain types of people, or things related to Earthly actions.

However, someone from the Underworld has finally won Ragnarok, and now a demonic tyrant known as Lucifer reigns. The new Ragnarok is coming up in about a month, so be prepared, as this may be the last Ragnarok, before Lucifer prepares his twisted plan...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I need some help with the setup of an RP I'm creating. It has nothing to do with the RP's plot, but more with it's... organization. See, I want to create an OoC/signup topic to keep the actual RP thread clean, to easily distribute information, and to encourage collaboration between the participants.

...So, I can't put it in the RP forum, since each RP only gets one thread. Makes sense, this is the place for the stories themselves. I just don't know where to put it. Perhaps I can put it in.... Games, but that's a strange spot. Clubs/Organizations might work better, but each RP will need their own club. And I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have what is essentially an RP thread in those forums. Any ideas?

So, if I have an update for everyone, I need to PM each person? If someone has an update (i.e. can't log on for X days, or they want to plan something large themselves), yet they can't make a meaningful post to go along with the OC discussion, they have to PM everyone? If the amount of players is more than 5, they have to make another PM to circumvent the PM limit? If someone joins later, everyone has to be sure they include this person in their RP PM list, else that person will be confused when something big happens without their knowledge?

I dunno, something tells me that 1:1 messaging is not the answer here.

yeah, there is 5 at a time, but it's just that if there is a group of more than six (1 PMer + 5 PMees) you'll have to copy-paste. And this is all before human error and the fact that PMs are more temporary than posts. I've been in a few RPs on this forum on and off, and none of them really used the PM service effectively. I was the GM of an RP on this forum which had about 9-10 people at its peak, and I found myself using OoC in every other post for various reasons.

I might just toss an OoC board in one of the previously mentioned boards, and hope for the best. Unless someone has an idea besides PM

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

I plan on another RP' date=' where everyone is a god. You can be 3 different kinds of gods, which are Spirits, ones that often interact with the people on Earth and their form is more of a form of energy, but can shapeshift. The Omnipotents, which are gods that are often large, and all powerful human-like gods, which normally oversee the events of humans on Earth. There are also Angels, often human-like warriors and heroes that often have wings, and have normally at some point been a human on Earth.

However, there is always a ruler, someone that rules above all Gods. He, or She, has the right to be called "King of Kings", and "Lord of Lords". They decide how the people on Earth shall be, they decide how Earth in general shall be. The laws of science, how things work in their world, everything is in their control. This is decided by a tournament, which any loser of the first round becomes the servant of the one they lost to, for 1000 years, until the next Ragnarok (1000 years = 10 God Years)

Valhalla - Only where the greatest, most powerful, and legendary gods originate.

Umbra - Where mostly spirits originate, where many become Gods of the night, morning, or natural happenings of the cosmos.

Vita Nemus - Where mostly gods of animals, plants, and gods of life originate, and also contain many spirits. Many also become gods of natural happenings of the Earth.

Regnum of Vir - Where mostly Angels have originated, and often become Gods of certain types of people, or things related to Earthly actions.

However, someone from the Underworld has finally won Ragnarok, and now a demonic tyrant known as Lucifer reigns. The new Ragnarok is coming up in about a month, so be prepared, as this may be the last Ragnarok, before Lucifer prepares his twisted plan...

[/quote']

I'd be fine with this except that the details are rather mixed up, so here goes the spot check.

1) No one "wins" Ragnarok; the entire point is to get rid of the gods. Only Heimdall survived the original Norse Ragnarok, and he doesn't have any power to produce new gods since all the goddesses are dead.

2) Lucifer is an angel proper; his name means "light bringer." You're thinking of Satan, who still isn't too horrible at the time of the other deities of your time period.

3) "Regnum of Vir" makes no sense; that's like saying "Man no Kingdom." "Regnum Virorum" (Kingdom of Men) sounds much better, but even then, why are angels coming form the Kingdom of Man?0

4) The only way to depose your Zeus/YHVH/whatever is by Zeus's/YHVH's/whatever's decree, as mythology has proven. I don't see why anyone would want to give it up except by a real overlord's decree.

5) There are big differences in power among gods; all the gods in Olympus and Hades combined can barely defeat Zeus, for example. Hope you can explain that.

/picky.

I plan on another RP' date=' where everyone is a god. You can be 3 different kinds of gods, which are Spirits, ones that often interact with the people on Earth and their form is more of a form of energy, but can shapeshift. The Omnipotents, which are gods that are often large, and all powerful human-like gods, which normally oversee the events of humans on Earth. There are also Angels, often human-like warriors and heroes that often have wings, and have normally at some point been a human on Earth.

[/quote']

I'd be fine with this except that the details are rather mixed up, so here goes the spot check.

1) No one "wins" Ragnarok; the entire point is to get rid of the gods. Only Heimdall survived the original Norse Ragnarok, and he doesn't have any power to produce new gods since all the goddesses are dead.

I see you've grown strong, young one.

[/quote']

Thank you for teaching me skillfully.

I had an idea that'd probably need some help to implement. It's really a series of social experiments, but the excuse should drag some people in. It also requires two threads to finish the same RP. Some aliens are trying to conquer Earth, but they're hiding well enough that only a conspiracy-theorist lunatic is crazy enough to send his son/daughter (depending on the applicant) and his/her friends into space to crash into a piece of space debris. Crimefighters on Earth have to catch the madman's suppliers (thread 1) while the kids are left playing the aliens' games to prove humanity isn't all evil (thread 2).

Thread 2, though, is played with points à la Liar Game, to make sure the 'social experiment' bit works and to get a degree of selfishness in the players. To ensure to the mods that the game isn't directly in mine interest, I won't serve as the point bank (see? I've done my homework). The question is, when I finally finish making the games, who would do that?

[/quote']

Thank you for teaching me skillfully.

I had an idea that'd probably need some help to implement. It's really a series of social experiments, but the excuse should drag some people in. It also requires two threads to finish the same RP. Some aliens are trying to conquer Earth, but they're hiding well enough that only a conspiracy-theorist lunatic is crazy enough to send his son/daughter (depending on the applicant) and his/her friends into space to crash into a piece of space debris. Crimefighters on Earth have to catch the madman's suppliers (thread 1) while the kids are left playing the aliens' games to prove humanity isn't all evil (thread 2).

Thread 2, though, is played with points à la Liar Game, to make sure the 'social experiment' bit works and to get a degree of selfishness in the players. To ensure to the mods that the game isn't directly in mine interest, I won't serve as the point bank (see? I've done my homework). The question is, when I finally finish making the games, who would do that?

It needs more Bokurano if you get my drift.

So, actions in thread 1 effect the ones in thread 2? Or am I terribly wrong here?

Death penalties are possible if you're really self-serving or idiotic in thread two; dead characters lose all the points they've paid to the point-bank so far. In thread one, the security systems aren't exactly incompetent. I'm not blowing up any universes, though.

Actions in thread 1 affect thread 2, but in the sense that they effect them, if you catch my drift.

Short version, the fact that money is involved is the reason anyone bothers playing; players who fare well get money, while players who do poorly lose it and are forced to keep playing in hopes of winning it back. They're gambling with skill.

Long version (ninety-four issues long, to be exact), read the Liar Game I was talking about.

I'm planning on a Code Geass RP, but I can't really seem to make a plot that includes people well and involves Geass.

The summary of my plot is that after the death of Lelouche, Nunnally becomes a leaderhead for the Britannian Empire, the real power with her advisor. The Britannian Empire takes over the world under a new king after Nunnally has an 'accident'. After a few years of dominance over the Neo-European Union, the Industrial Republic of China and the Black Blades of Zero (Japan under Kallen's leadership), a new power appears and takes the Britannians by storm. New Babylonia, capital at Babylon between the Tigris and Euphrates River gains independance via suprise attack with new Knighmares. They liberate the world to its original state before the take over. Now Japan is the last to be liberated and that's where people come in.

Any ideas on how to make the plot more welcoming for other people?

The trouble with RPs based on shows is that no one who doesn't know the show is going to participate anyway, so there's no real point in trying to make it accessible.

I recommend the Babylonians have Geass and the players don't. Geass mechanics are a nightmare to learn, and it'll make the RP a lot more original and interesting anyway. Plus, it gives the world a good reason to lose to Babylon.

(Babylonia =/= word. Also, is there any reason you picked Babylon in particular?)

Babylonia = word

Babylonia = Area around Babylon, the country of Babylon.

I picked Babylon because I find it to be awesome for no reason.

Yea, I guess I could heavily restrict Geass, but I still don't really know exactly how to run the plot. I know I want the plot to take place in Japan that is under Britannian occupation and that Babylonia is gaining power. I still don't see how to include people. As Britannian nobles? As Japanese rebels? I don't know at the moment, and is the reason I'm posting here.

The players can be anyone — nobles, commanders, soldiers, rebels, random civilians... People like the illusion of choice, and it'll allow for more interesting interactions.

The area around Babylon is Mesopotamia. I guess my real beef with Babylonia is that it sounds so stupid, though. :?

Archived