so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Hey' date=' is there any rule against making a post solely for the purpose of someone signing up for another RP?

Because I kinda want to do that for the Movie RP because I don't want the clutter of having people post on the actual thread, but I also don't want to be swamped with PMs...

[/quote']

Will no one answer me?!?

Elaborate, please. I'm confused with the way you're stating it now.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey' date=' is there any rule against making a post solely for the purpose of someone signing up for another RP?

Because I kinda want to do that for the Movie RP because I don't want the clutter of having people post on the actual thread, but I also don't want to be swamped with PMs...

[/quote']

Will no one answer me?!?

Elaborate, please. I'm confused with the way you're stating it now.

From what I can tell, a sign-up thread. In other words, completely unnecessary. Getting "swamped" with six or so PMs or the first page(s) or so having applications in them every fourth post or so seems kind of an odd thing to complain about, you should care enough about your RP to let the preparation take the time it needs, instead of just putting it somewhere else.

I am planing on making a gurren laggan Rp because i have not seen one at all and its is one of my favorite shows the this i cant really think of a good plot this is only a few things i've got so far that i want in it

1: the anti-spiral are back

2: laggan has been taken by the anti-spiral and gurren is pretty much destroyed

3: a new Lazengann and another mech (cant think of a name) as awoken to help defeat the anti-spiral

this is as far as i have gotten and i need help

I have an Idea.

The Year of the Dragon

"Most of you have heard of the story of the Chinese Zodiac but if you haven't listen to it and don't interrupt me!" THe old man sits down in a chair as he thinks of the story. "There are several legends about how the animals were chosen for the Chinese zodiac. This is one of them. The Jade Emperor is the name of the Emperor of Heaven.

Long ago, in China, the Jade Emperor decided there should be a way of measuring time. On his birthday he told the animals that there was to be a swimming race. The first twelve animals across the fast flowing river would be the winners and they would each have a year of the zodiac named after them.

All the animals lined up along the river bank. The rat and the cat, who were good friends, were worried because they were poor swimmers. Being clever they asked the strong ox if he would carry them across the river.

'Of course' said the kind ox. 'Just climb on my back and I will take you across.'

The rat and the cat quickly jumped up and were very excited when the ox soon took the lead in the race. They had almost reached the other bank when the rat pushed the cat into the river leaving him to struggle in the water. Then just before the ox was about to win the race the rat leapt on his head and on to the bank to finish first.

'Well done,' said the Jade Emperor to the proud rat. 'The first year of the zodiac will be named after you.'

The poor ox had been tricked into second place and the second year of the zodiac was named after him.

Shortly after the exhausted tiger clawed his way to the river bank to claim third place. Swimming across the river had been an enormous struggle for him against the strong currents. The Emperor was so delighted with his efforts that he named the third year after him.

Next to arrive was the rabbit, who hadn't swum across at all. He hopped across on some stepping stones and then found a floating log which carried him to the shore.

'I shall be very happy to call the fourth year after you,' the surprised Jade Emperor explained.

Just then a kind dragon swooped down to take fifth place.

'Why didn’t you win the race, as you can fly as well as swim?' the Jade Emperor asked.

'I was held up because some people and animals needed water to drink. I needed to make some rain,' the dragon explained. 'Then when I was nearly here I saw a poor little rabbit on a log in the water and I blew a puff of wind so that the log would float to the river bank.'

'Well that was very kind of you and now you are here you will have the fifth year of the zodiac named after you.'

The next thing the Jade Emperor heard was the sound of the horse’s hooves. Just as he was thinking the horse would be the next animal to arrive, a sneaky snake wriggled out from around one of the horse’s hooves. The horse was so surprised that he jumped backwards giving the snake a chance to take the sixth place in the race. The poor horse had to be satisfied with seventh place.

Not long afterwards a raft arrived carrying the goat, the monkey and the rooster. They explained to the Emperor how they had shared the raft that the rooster had found. The sheep and monkey had cleared weeds and pushed the raft to the shore. The Emperor was very pleased that the animals had worked together. He said the sheep would be the eighth zodiac animal, the monkey the ninth and the rooster the tenth.

The next animal to finish was the dog.

'Why are you so late when you are one of the best swimmers?' asked the Jade Emperor.

'The water in the river was so clean that I had to have a bath on the way,' explained the dog.

His reward was to have the eleventh year named after him.

Now there was one place left in the zodiac and the Emperor wondered when the last winner would come. He had nearly given up when he heard a grunt from the boar.

'You took a long time to cross the river,' said the Emperor to the boar.

'I was hungry and stopped to eat,' explained the boar. 'After the meal I felt so tired that I fell asleep.'

'You have still done well,' said the Jade Emperor. 'The last year of the zodiac will be named after you.'

As for the cat who had been pushed into the water by the rat, he finally crawled out of the water but was too late to have a year named after him. He felt very cross with the rat and since then cats have never been friends with rats.

From that day to this the Chinese Zodiac has followed this cycle of years named after these twelve animals. "

"Thousands of years later archaeologist dig up tweleve talismans. Like These. They thought they were useless so they sold them as good luck charms to random people. They sold them and they sold them and they were sold over and over until someone who really wanted them came along. They bought them not knowing the power they contained. Each talisman contained a different power. Rat: Power of Animation. "Motion to the Motionless" Gives inanimate objects life.

Ox: Power of Super Strength.

Tiger: Power of Balance (the spiritual kind, not the literal kind.) When halved, it also splits the user's positive and negative halves (Yin and Yang) into two separate beings, each holding a half of the talisman. Can also be used to find the "other half" of a broken object. The two beings rejoin when they reunite the broken talisman.

Rabbit: Power of Super Speed.

Dragon: Power of Combustion. Allows explosive energy to be discharged from the talisman.

Snake: Power of Invisibility. .

Horse: Power of Healing/Renewal. "The noble horse of a knight" can "expel all alien forces within," curing the user of illness (foreign bodies), and can also heal physical injuries, repair broken objects and instantly relieve physical pain and disorientation.

Sheep: Power of Astral Projection, or the ability to eject the soul from the body and wander as an invisible spirit and able to enter a person's dreams. It.

Monkey: Power of Shape-shifting, Change shape of oneself or others into different animals

Rooster: Power of Levitation The user of this talisman will have the power to levitate into the air, combining this talisman with the rabbit talisman will allow the person to achieve flight. It also grants the user telekinesis.

Dog: Power of Immortality. "The Dog is best friend to Man, it restores youthful energy and grants Eternal Life"; it can negate the effects of aging (the user won't turn young again, but they will feel as though they have) and make them invulnerable, but only for as long as the user is in contact/wearing the talisman.

Pig: Power of Heat Vision. Allows the user to expel powerful beams of energy through their eyes. It bears similarity to Superman's Laser Vision. " The old man cleared his throat. "So now tweleve people had these small rocks or magic. After a few years an anicient demon named Shendu was awaked by the talismans. He was the very reason that these talismans were sealed away. Shendu gathered minions to help him regain the talismans because he was too weak himself. He tricked them by promising them wealth and power but if Shendu could get all tweleve of the talismans he could regain his power and destroy the world." The old man stared at the people there with an akwards silence. "Who are you? Are you working for Shendu? Do you have the power of a talisman or are you just caught in the middle?"

I know it's REALLY long but gimme some feedback.

@Artemis: Nice idea actually, but would the player characters each have one stone? Or is their goal to gain them?

Anyways, my RP in a nutshell.

[spoiler=Demon's Souls]

The Old One.

A being of great power.

A soul devouring demon.

The enemy of makind.

The Old One lies asleep under the Nexus; the hub for unlucky souls. It should of been left alone. To be left in it's eternal slumber, so that mankind could continue living.

Yet it wasn't.

A group had appeared inside the Nexus; The Order of the Old, or, The Olden. These monks eventually woke The Old One. It's effects were...

Catastrophic.

An expansive grey fog swept over the Kingdom of Vasvoth, and with it, Demons.

In less time that it took to start, it was over. The Kingdom was taken by the Demons; it's citizens mindless corpses. A few survived, and managed to get into the Nexus.

You.

You are a hero. You've finished your personal quest and have come back to your home.

Met with the grey fog, you get sucked in; and end up in the Nexus.

Meeting the Maiden in Black, your goal is soon realized.

To defeat the ArchDemons governing the few realms of Vasvoth. Most will die, some will be lucky.

Now it's your turn. To pay for humanity's crime.

Any ideas to add on?

[spoiler=Codex Alera: Insert Subtitle Here]The year is 153 AV and, for Alera, the past century and a half has been one of startling technological and cultural growth. With Gaius Tavarus Magnus' implementation of merit-based furycraft, all races of Carna, be they Cane, Iceman, or Marat, can now furycraft like any Aleran. However, the Vord of Canea, all but forgotten by the rest of Carna by now, have finally begun mounting their attack on the land of Alera. I, First Lord Gaius Maximus Desiderus, in tandem with Warmaster Varg, Surak, the Ambassador to Alera from Maratea and the Icemen's chief, have begun building their army, composed of all four races, to do what should have been done long ago. Stomp out the Vord. Will you answer the call to arms or hide out where it's relatively safe? Know this: If the Vord get their way, there is no such thing as 'safe'.

So stated the third First Lord to take power since the fall of the Vord in the battle of Third Calderon. Which side will you take? Will you crush the Vord like the bugs that they are, or will you fight with them and crush the whole of Carna?

Search Codex Alera on Wikipedia and ctrl+f everything you don't understand.

EDIT: Come on, NO ONE? Really?

I am planing on making a gurren laggan Rp because i have not seen one at all and its is one of my favorite shows the this i cant really think of a good plot this is only a few things i've got so far that i want in it

1: the anti-spiral are back

2: laggan has been taken by the anti-spiral and gurren is pretty much destroyed

3: a new Lazengann and another mech (cant think of a name) as awoken to help defeat the anti-spiral

this is as far as i have gotten and i need help

really no one will help ?

My RP Idea Is an Adventure in the world of the Rising Sun. It's just one Asia size continent were Powerful people live their lives. A evil presence threatens it and a band of heros must unite in order to save the world.

Any Ideas to expand this and make it Better all all appreciated. And I'm talking about the plot.

Ahem . . . alright . . .

I have had an idea that I want made into a rp/rpg badly; yet I am missing some information that restricts me from getting said rp/rpg up and running.

The basic plot is a game with ties to another dimension sends an unknown number of gamers into the opposite world, where they have a lot of options from choose from. They can either just try and get back to the "real" world or, as some have found out, use a cluster of incredibly rare gems to become "god-like" figures.

Now the problem that I am having . . . is the actual WORLD. I have names and everything, yet the details need to be put in and that is what I am asking for. Below is a list of the names and information that I want PMed to me [with the title of what was done as the subject].

[spoiler=What I Need Filled Out]

Geography and Climate

History

Foreign Relations and Military

Science and Technology

Transportaion

Energy

Religion

Education

Health

Food

Sports

Monsters

There are a couple I need done . . . ok . . . ALOT I need done.

And these are it

[spoiler=Countries]

Main Contenant

Valni-land of mountains and dragons

Nomen- small country with mages

Isle of Denmos

Falnerus Ager- small village at war with Sequor

Sequor- small village at war with Falnerus Ager

Vitellus- small vilalge stuck between a stupid "war"

Southern Contenant a barren toxic wasteland

Grando

Rennac

Rigwald

Taizel

Four Islands

Auctor Generis Insula- has three main capitals

Crista Luna Insula- constantly covered in fog/mist

Merula Insula- major fishing market

Obitus Insula- barren "no mans land" that even pirates stray from.

Impress me . . .

Ahem . . . alright . . .

I have had an idea that I want made into a rp/rpg badly; yet I am missing some information that restricts me from getting said rp/rpg up and running.

The basic plot is a game with ties to another dimension sends an unknown number of gamers into the opposite world' date=' where they have a lot of options from choose from. They can either just try and get back to the "real" world or, as some have found out, use a cluster of incredibly rare gems to become "god-like" figures.

Now the problem that I am having . . . is the actual WORLD. I have names and everything, yet the details need to be put in and that is what I am asking for. Below is a list of the names and information that I want PMed to me [with the title of what was done as the subject'].

Geography and Climate

History

Science and Technology

Transportaion

Energy

Religion

Education

Health

Food

Sports

Monsters

And these are it

[spoiler=Countries]

Main Contenant

Isle of Denmos

Grando

Rennac

Rigwald

Taizel

Four Islands

Impress me . . .

[spoiler=Response]Valni seems pretty open-and-shut. Due to it's most notable landmark being the mountainous terrain, it's geography will comprise probably mostly mountains and small pocketed valleys. Oh, and probably mountain streams or something like that. =/

It's history could probably be explained by it's mountainous area. Great seismic upheaval, probably through magical or natural means brought about by one of the Gems. (I shall refer to them as Gemcon Illuminati at the moment, because I felt like it) Secondly, the implied sovereignty of DER (Dragons) will probably cause mainly two classes; the Mountain Folk (will be referring to them hypothetically as Hyyr Templaris for the purposes of this) and the Lur Templyr (the Valley Folk, also given a nickname for this narrative's purposes). Might sound a bit cliched, but eh.

It's history can be easily based on the template of the relations between HT and LT, and their religious concerns with DER and GI.

From the environment, the weaponry of HT and LT will probably be mostly Stone-based with a variation of Earth related Enchantments. Besides that, most of the weaponry and brute force will probably be mostly Physical instead of Magical.

It's Foreign Relations, of course, depends of which sect or city-state the HT and LT belong to.

Science and Technology will probably be mostly more advanced on the HT's part than the LT's part, though the LT are more than capable of developing different technologies. Though it differs according to each sect and city-state, as mentioned above. =/

Transportation will probably be, cross-mountain wise, through either flying monsters or large wagons that travel via caravans.

Eh, that's all I could really come up with right now. =/

Ahem . . . alright . . .

The basic plot is a game with ties to another dimension sends an unknown number of gamers into the opposite world' date=' where they have a lot of options from choose from. They can either just try and get back to the "real" world or, as some have found out, use a cluster of incredibly rare gems to become "god-like" figures.

Now the problem that I am having . . . is the actual WORLD. I have names and everything, yet the details need to be put in and that is what I am asking for. Below is a list of the names and information that I want PMed to me [with the title of what was done as the subject'].

Geography and Climate

History

Science and Technology

Transportaion

Energy

Religion

Education

Health

Food

Sports

Monsters

And these are it

[spoiler=Countries]

Main Contenant

Isle of Denmos

Grando

Rennac

Rigwald

Taizel

Four Islands

Impress me . . .

[spoiler=Response]Valni seems pretty open-and-shut. Due to it's most notable landmark being the mountainous terrain, it's geography will comprise probably mostly mountains and small pocketed valleys. Oh, and probably mountain streams or something like that. =/

It's history could probably be explained by it's mountainous area. Great seismic upheaval, probably through magical or natural means brought about by one of the Gems. (I shall refer to them as Gemcon Illuminati at the moment, because I felt like it) Secondly, the implied sovereignty of DER (Dragons) will probably cause mainly two classes; the Mountain Folk (will be referring to them hypothetically as Hyyr Templaris for the purposes of this) and the Lur Templyr (the Valley Folk, also given a nickname for this narrative's purposes). Might sound a bit cliched, but eh.

It's history can be easily based on the template of the relations between HT and LT, and their religious concerns with DER and GI.

From the environment, the weaponry of HT and LT will probably be mostly Stone-based with a variation of Earth related Enchantments. Besides that, most of the weaponry and brute force will probably be mostly Physical instead of Magical.

It's Foreign Relations, of course, depends of which sect or city-state the HT and LT belong to.

Science and Technology will probably be mostly more advanced on the HT's part than the LT's part, though the LT are more than capable of developing different technologies. Though it differs according to each sect and city-state, as mentioned above. =/

Transportation will probably be, cross-mountain wise, through either flying monsters or large wagons that travel via caravans.

Eh, that's all I could really come up with right now. =/

Heh . . . not bad for just making it up on the spot. Yet I require something more . . . in depth.

Though I do applaude you for your efforts.

Archived