so i herd u liek planning arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

well im back and im starting off fresh by making a new rp the name will be beyond oblivion im thinking of making 3 races in it: blanks (those with no memories), humans, and projecctors which are basicly ghost that attach on to humans and create a monturous form(that is represented by an emotion) wheen provoked. but i still need a plot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheFinalFan

Hello.

I'm planning an RP based off of the new movie coming out.

Basically, the RP is that Paradox has caused a massive distortion in the space-time continuum, and a whole bunch of people from various RPs are pissed off at the guy for stealing their cards.

So they proceed with chasing Paradox across the multiverse, fighting each other along the way, or joining with Paradox, and fighting anyone that tries to stop their new master.

The catch is that you can only play as either a character that you have created in a previous Yu-Gi-Oh! RP, or an actual Yu-Gi-Oh character.

A.k.a.: no new characters just for the RP. They all have to be characters from previous RPs or an actual character from the three serieses.

Will this work?

It would be difficult, due, to some people getting left behind due to time zones, however, you should allow new characters as the movie does extend from the distant future to the past, since, looking at it from Yugi or Jaden's point of view, Yusei is a new character. It would be tough, but possible to do.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Hello.

I'm planning an RP based off of the new movie coming out.

Basically' date=' the RP is that Paradox has caused a massive distortion in the space-time continuum, and a whole bunch of people from various RPs are pissed off at the guy for stealing their cards.

So they proceed with chasing Paradox across the multiverse, fighting each other along the way, or joining with Paradox, and fighting anyone that tries to stop their new master.

The catch is that you can only play as either a character that you have created in a previous Yu-Gi-Oh! RP, or an actual Yu-Gi-Oh character.

A.k.a.: no new characters just for the RP. They all have to be characters from previous RPs or an actual character from the three serieses.

Will this work?

[/quote']Quite. It's a brilliant idea, and it'd make a very interesting spinoff canon for those RPs, especially if they're long-running ones.

Guest TheFinalFan

Thank you.

I'm realize that, even though I plan on being the GM of sorts, I don't want to break my own rule, so I'm RPing two characters that I've created for the Movie RP.

Also, I'm planning on letting poeple use other people's characters from other RPs with their permission.

So, if you don't have a character from a YGO RP, and you don't want to use an original character from the three serieses, you can ask someone if you can use their character.

Will that work?

Thank you.

I'm realize that' date=' even though I plan on being the GM of sorts, I don't want to break my own rule, so I'm RPing two characters that I've created for the Movie RP.

Also, I'm planning on letting poeple use other people's characters from other RPs with their permission.

So, if you don't have a character from a YGO RP, and you don't want to use an original character from the three serieses, you can ask someone if you can use their character.

Will that work?

[/quote']

You'd need their permission and post the fact that you have that permission in the thread, and you, YRPOtaku, would have to make sure that people keep the borrowed characters IC. Other than that, no objections.

I'm planning to make a SMT RP, or at the very least a RP that revolves around believes and religions.

[spoiler=lol]Basic idea is all myths, beliefs, and religions are real. There are two gigantic planes called universes hold these worlds together. The universe of reality and the universe of myths are side by side. The universe of reality was empty, so the universe of myths decided to share most of its planes. The two universes joined together, until our plane attacked the mythical universe. Surviving the attack, the gods of the different planes joined together, deciding to rewrite the Human race, as one last chance. The gods also placed 4 guardians in special spots, to stop the two universes from ever meeting. It was the perfect plan, even with some problems, like demons entering and not being caught. Also, the gods decided a time limit on the first day of 2013, when they check if the Human race is worthy to live. As judgment day arrived, the world was thrown in a flock of despair as they saw other beings fall down from the sky. They believed the race was pathetic, not worthy of existence. But, they couldn't go to judgment yet, so they decided on the last day of 2013. The demon gods told the 4 guardians to stop watching the gates, allowing the two universes to merge once more. Luckily, the humans found a way to let the demons work for them by setting up "contracts". Also, masters of Fusion are found in each of the major cities. Hoping to live, a handful of people have been chosen to have a device called a Comp to allow this test to live. Now, the entire human race depends on the work of the Daemon Summoners.

Setting: The earth.

I need plot twists, ideas, that kind of junk. PM me.

Guest TheFinalFan

Thank you.

I'm realize that' date=' even though I plan on being the GM of sorts, I don't want to break my own rule, so I'm RPing two characters that I've created for the Movie RP.

Will that work?

[/quote']

You'd need their permission and post the fact that you have that permission in the thread, and you, YRPOtaku, would have to make sure that people keep the borrowed characters IC. Other than that, no objections.

Understood. And thank you for your support.

Hm... the concept seems interesting. I don't know about other people' date=' but I have a ton of characters that I put a lot of effort into, only to have the RP die a couple pages later, so it'd be fun to use them once again.

[/quote']

Thanks to you too, Blazinghydra.

BTW, Rinne, would you be interested in playing the villain in this Movie RP, Paradox?

Random idea in spoiler; be warned, it's very rough.

[spoiler=GOD'S DANCE]Everyone's death is recorded in the Book of Life and Death. When, where, how, who, why. The whole shebang. This book is infallible, so what it says cannot be changed. However, there are occasionally Aberrations, those who die in a different manner than what was recorded. These mess ups were caused by Demons, those beings who eat away at the potential lives of what the aberrations would have been. The maintainer of the Book, though, doesn't stand this, and after an aberration is formed, he rewrites reality to fix this mistake. One universe isn't replaceable that easily, though, so the aberrations are given Jinmai (神舞), weapons forged from the past universe of their death and shoved into the new one. They are then conscripted by the maintainer to fight the Demons, and hopefully conclude the tale that been playing out under GOD'S DANCE.

And why am I always the villain? D:

Guest TheFinalFan

I don't know.

Just a spur of the moment idea.

Though it would be cool to have you actually RPing instead of just moderating all the time.

I realize that I don't frequent the forums often, so I might be wrong, but I don't see you RPing much.

I just thought that being in an RP would make you seem like one of us instead of the big. bad moderator that most people see you as.

((No offense or anything!))

Here's my Idea for an rp, one based on a story I'm trying to write. I know it's long, but I plan to shorten it when I post the actual rp. For now I recomend focussing more on the Under's history and just remember that Core=Wealthy Nobles, Median=Under-Appreciated Middle class and Hollow=Mistreated Poor. View the others only if you really want to or have a question relating to one of them.

[spoiler=history]

120 years ago, the once great city of Neon under went a serious and devestating change. The city, at one time considered a safe haven for people fleeing from wars or tyranical warlords and leaders, turned into a place led by tyranny itself. The King and the wealthy turned the inner ring walls, supposed to be used as a backup defense incase of attack, into walls of segregation, seperating the poor, middle class and religious leaders, and the nobles from each other:

[spoiler=The Core]The Higher class and leaders reaped the most from thier greed, claiming the center original district as their own. This district, now called The Core, was then completely remodeled. Old former and rather historic residency's replaced with large estates the nobles falsely bribed some of the poor to build, promising them a spot in the new order then turning on them, banishing them anyway to the hollow or excecuting them. Either way, the end result was comparable to death.

[spoiler=The Median]The Middle class, meaning merchants and religious leaders, were isolated to the district between the hollow and core, known as the median. While a lot better than the hollow, it was still nowhere near the standards of the rich, art filled and decadent life in the core. Because of all the buisness and craft here, nobles frequent the median often, looking for the exquist arts and other interesting things. Sometimes, if they thought they were skilled enough, they would promote them to close-to noble class and make them personal artists or chefs or various personal talents. However, If nobles or other merchants don't buy someones craft, that persons family may not be able to eat. Not only that but nobles collected heavy tax on the medians residents, meaning in the end, they were simply taking everything from those with skill and leaving what spare change they wished.

[spoiler=The Hollow]The poor were given the newest and most modern styled outter most ring which had recently been destroyed and heavily decrepit by attacks on Neon. This outter section was from them on reffered to as the hollow, the people there disregarded, mistreated and shunned by the rest of the city. The only food they were given they had to scrounge from the garbage and waste collected and left in there by the citizens of the other districts. That and their weekly bread rashion, claimed to be a charity from the nobles, by of course the nobles. Because of this, desiese and famon were constant, often resulting in death. Also, seeing as life in the hollow was viewed as worse then death, this is where criminals or ANY ONE found and claimed to have gone against the Nobles on any way were sent, further increasing the death rate due to violence and gangs. It was not a pleasant life

[spoiler=The Under] Due to the inhuman conditions of the hollow, the people in it craved a way out. Neons gates leading outside had been sealed due to emergency before the segregation and only the king himself had the authority and power to open them. However, there were rumors of a secret under ground tunnel merchants used to import goods from far-away lands they would then pass off as their own. Hearing this, a small group of hollow dwellers tried to find it and escape. What they found instead was a group of large under ground catacombs with small lakes all around.

Realising no one had been down their in ages, they decided it would serve a much better place to live than under the oppressive rule of the upper world, and so they founded a secret city there with only one rule: Those who wished to live their must provide for the safety and stability of the city. People became farmers, planting seeds in the moist soil and gaining the food they had never had. they also crafted shelters out of stone columns and boulders all around them.

[spoiler=The Under's Guild of Thieves]But soon, the people needed more than what trash gave them. So the under ground city did something about it. The people needed what the rich and middle class had, and there was only one way to get them: Take it. They created a guild of theifs, trained to not just steal things, but to master the art of theivery itself. They became infamous in Neon, having skill, order, and precision like no one had ever seen before. And so the guild of theives was created, and from it minds and bodies were shaped, turning them into powerfull tools of their creed.

The only enemy to the guild were the nobles new guard, formed from middle classmen trying to eearn honor and noble status. Equiped with weapons, they are the only ones who could possiby stand up to the thieves, but even they have startd to question the rule of their "leaders".

And so now our story truely starts.

It has been 120 years since the great segregation and almost 50 since the founding of the thieves guild. The theives consider their position a way of life and one they treat with highest respect unlike how the rest of the world sees them. By this time a good portion of the hollow, roughly 60%, have become members of the under, most being theives. But now, rumors of another group in the hollow have surfaced. A group whose intentions are clouded and impure. Instead of trying to carefully take and share small things and items from Neon, they wish for a long awaited revenge on the city. Complete control and complete obediance. And combining dark magic and ancient lore from Neons past they may have found someway, or rather someone, that could pull it of. A entity so great, it nearly brought neon down completely before, and it intends to do so again. One who's been claimed as immortal and possessing enough power to completely dominate almost any one with sheer will. And they call him Twisted...

Players will follow along the story of Neon, Battling others with a combination of magic and technology while at the same time revieling neons true past including that of twisted and the lands beyond the city itself. You will play as either:

[spoiler=Theif] Pretty much the good guys here, a small group of them learning about the lost plot and trying to stop it. but still, THIEVES! Theives are great at free running, and are most at home under ground or amongst the middle class crowds at least when not stealing from them.

[spoiler=Lost] those worshiping and attempting to revive and worship the dark one(twisted). There should only be a few of these guys, seeing as they're kinda new to neon. Bad guys(or at least one of them...) trying to take over Neon. Though twisted might actually have other plans in mind...

[spoiler=Guard] Not really bad as much as desperate. They're a nusiance to theives, constantly trying to stop their thievery. They're lead by captians and move in squads. They don't even reliase the lost exist at first.

The main problem I'm having is deciding what to do with the characters from the story that MUST be included for it to make sense. Should I control these NPC's myself, or give them to others? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

I don't know.

Just a spur of the moment idea.

Though it would be cool to have you actually RPing instead of just moderating all the time.

I realize that I don't frequent the forums often' date=' so I might be wrong, but I don't see you RPing much.

I just thought that being in an RP would make you seem like one of us instead of the big. bad moderator that most people see you as.

((No offense or anything!))

[/quote']

Most of my RPing is on other sites nowadays, so I can see where you're coming from. xD

Neh, it's cool. Anything you think I should add to the plot?

Guest TheFinalFan

I don't know, but, in order to make things canon, the Paradox that's in the RP isn't the exact same one from the movie. The Movie Paradox just wants to destroy card games. The RP Paradox wants to destroy all of reality using corrupted versions of the most powerful duelist's cards.

In fact, each player will have to say what card of theirs Paradox stole.

Does that sound OK?

I don't know' date=' but, in order to make things canon, the Paradox that's in the RP isn't the exact same one from the movie. The Movie Paradox just wants to destroy card games. The RP Paradox wants to destroy all of reality using corrupted versions of the most powerful duelist's cards.

In fact, each player will have to say what card of theirs Paradox stole.

Does that sound OK?

[/quote']

Meh. I think I'll pass. I don't really like YGO RPs. xD

[spoiler=NWO]

It was millions of years before Man even existed.

A cylindrical pod the size of the Eiffel Tower descended from the heavens and blasted into the Earth. It's contents were explorers, colonists, from a live and vibrant world. They had fled, fled from an Enemy who they had been at war with since time immemorial. But some tired of the endless fighting, their quadripedal bodies aching under the strain of a thousand battle scars.

But the planet beckoned to them, and slowly, inch by inch, they began to degenerate into savagery and decadence until finally their madness had lost all sentience within themselves.

This was the Age of the Dinosaurs.

But, they were being pursued, and luckily their Enemy was wrapped up in their own matters. But it wasn't long until they were missed, and the dragonoid Enemy fired a rock hundreds of kilometers wide to wipe out life there forever. But it failed, and life lived on on Earth.

But they weren't convinced. So, after what was countless millenia but decades for them, they sent yet another Expedition, crashing into Egypt.

There they saw sentience. But it was garbled, random, unintelligible sentience. So the Enemy of the Dinosaurs decide to use them, increase upon their intelligence, and rule themas Gods. And all the while searching for the Expedition that had fell so many million years ago.

But they found no Expedition.

So they decided to stay for a while.

This was the Age of the Dragons.

Man learned much under their scaly heel, but there were some who had been fostered by the Dragons' care yet lashed out at them. These were the mighty Vikings, but they soon had to deal with threats of their own when they came under the threat of Jotunheim and eternal damnation.

Soon some Dragons were carrying out their genes among humans, splicing DNA and under countless experiments created Dragonoids, their failsafe in case rebellion occurred. They shall hide, and in their mutated souls and existence the Dragons will forever lived.

And rebelled Man did, and though the dissapearance of the Vikings took a toll on their ranks, they finally drove back the evil and even the strongest of their commanders withdrew to their caves, waiting until their time comes.

This is the Age of Man.

And the threat to it has never been greater.

Alien beings whose homeworlds exist eons away from our own have found Us, and they have already began the infilitration of the deepest confines of our society. These reptoids have fled from a more cosmic, eerie evil, a race seemingly from the edge of the Universe who's only wish is to improve and adapt upon themselves.

The Dragons and the Dinosaurs have finally worn their planet out, and continue their battle underground. The Dragonoids have suddenly began to emerge to reclaim Earth, and a new Expedition has suddenly been planned out and the gargantuan Drop Pods have begun to fall. All the while the seemingly omnipresent Men in Black move swiftly, covering up all details of alien incursion.

And Man is stuck in the middle.

Yet this never happened.

A powerful being instead weaved time, to ensure something else happened. Something far more sinister. Greys, odd alien creatures shrouded in mystery. They all gathered in the center of the Milky Way. The location of a large Black Hole. There they waited, their ships in position.

Around the human year 2012 a large object appeared from the Black Hole.

The Black Hole was a portal, and out of it came a dragon. Colossal, it resembled a whale rather than a dragon. As it appeared, several Grey ships, Saucers, were destroyed on the spot. The massive beast crushing them by it's sudden appearance. The ships fired lasers at the dragon, their only weapon.

After a long grueling chase; the dragon was defeated. It's corpse floated in space, and the Greys swarmed.

Never had such a crime against nature occur.

Little did they know, another dragon appeared from the same Black Hole. It wandered the galaxy for a short while, before finally finding the other dragon.

Yet it was dead. The Greys had swarmed it, and metallic domes covered it's body.

The dragon soon grew feelings. Feelings of revenge. Feelings of hatred. Feelings of death.

It attacked the small colony of Greys that had nested in this dragon. It had attacked, and killed them. It's feelings of hatred did not end though. Instead, he went from Solar System to system devouring planets. All the while growing intelligence.

Meanwhile, on Earth, things have changed.

The different races had finally met, and were surprisingly at peace. Slowly, Viking colonies appeared scattered across Europe. Dragonoids have integrated themselves back into Africa. Even the Dinos have found refuge among the wide habits on Earth.

And so, an era of peace had come. The races intermingled, even married with each other. Life on Earth was better than before. The Reptoids were paranoid, they hid.

Eventually, all this changed.

A large meteor struck Earth, right in the middle of the Himalayas. Instead f destroying the mountain range, it grew. It grew larger, and larger, covering most if not half of Asia. As it grew, the Vikings decided they it would be theirs. So they climbed it.

And Climbed it.

And climbed it.

At the very top was a large hot spring, the size of an ocean almost. The Vikings adapted, and they advanced quickly, their technology working off of this abundant resource. This is how the fighting start.

At the very beginning, it was one human. He would climb up there, using one of the Viking's mountain trams, and protest. The next day, he would bring a gun. The day after, he would kill someone. Then it began. Whole groups of humans would go up, climbing due to the trams being blocked. They would invade Viking villages with deadly effect.

And so war began.

Now it's the year 2046. The races have split into two factions, and the world is once again in peril. S.U.N. and Nebula have each taken their stance.The world is ready to be shaken by the forces of these mighty races. Yet they miss the danger that looms near by.

So, what are you going to do about it?

Needs a bit of ideas~

Oldish RP btw. Personally my favorite.

In short, every conspiracy theory ever is true...

...eh, stopped reading past there. Screwing with the history of what's supposed to be Earth doesn't go over too well with me.

But since the conspiracy theorists will obviously rule the world from here on out, give them a gamebreaking NPC super-faction.

In that case, I recommend some renamed Inhibitors. Oh, and conspiracy theorists should still rule the world, or at least the conservative world.

Mmkay.

In that case, ditch the race-based factions and go for ideological wars instead. They're so much more realistic and interesting.

Archived